Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Rhyno posted:

In Nine's first appearance we know he didn't fight in the Time War as he sees his new face for the first time in the mirror at Rose's apartment.

He never actually says "new face" IIRC (and I just watched the episode a few days ago, so I hope I didn't miss it). He looks into a mirror and comments on his appearance, but that doesn't mean it's the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

The thing about the Doctor's age is that there is literally no way to track it. First, you've got the problem of whether he tracks it in human (i.e. Earth) years, or in Gallifrey rotations, which presumably wouldn't be the same. Second, he spends half his time in the TARDIS; who knows how long time passes in there. Finally, what happens when he goes to other worlds? Again, the rotations aren't going to be the same, so he'd have to have some way of independently keep track of how many Earth/Gallifrey/whatever years have passed, which we have never seen.

What I'm saying is the Doctor is exactly as young or as old as he wants to be. Unless there is some expiration date for Time Lords it'll never be an issue for him.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Rhyno posted:

Bullshit. Cut him in half and count his rings.

This is now the only acceptable answer.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

I've said it before; look to an up-and-coming stage actor for the next Doctor, not someone already TV-famous, if they're going to follow the pattern they've set with Ecclestone-Tennant-Smith.

Really sad Matt's leaving, he's been a really good Doctor in so many ways :smith:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mortanis posted:

I think with budget concerns being so huge these last few seasons, there's no way they'll get anyone that has name power behind it. At least outside the UK, anyway. I'd kill for Idris Elba or Ayoade, but I just don't see it happening.

Oh god he would make such a surreal Doctor, that is now my wish for the next one.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Bearing in mind I have never seen the TV movie or anything to do with McGann, I thought his decision made sense. He had just seen someone who would rather die than let him help her simply because he was a Time Lord and therefore part of the Time War - and when you go around calling yourself The Doctor that must rankle a bit. So he did what he had to do, he took the regeneration so he could set the universe to rights (in his mind).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Classtoise posted:

Still, would've been nice if they CG'd maybe a reverse of 9 -> 10. Ah well.

I'm sure this should go in the main thread but... they did, didn't they? I'm certain I saw Ecclestone's CG'd face start to appear (the hair and eyes and ears at least) then the camera cut away.

• Locked thread