Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

BF? I wanna just drag Uriah up here and get him to translate this poo poo for us.

--

Link to Update

Paradise Lost Table of Contents | Wiki | Judah Thread | Recap | The Museum of Enkidel | World Map |

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on irc.synirc.net - The topic of the day is spreadsheets. and timelines.
Mibbit IRC Link - Just click to join us!
CYOA Discord Link - For all your CYOA needs!

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I don’t think Asahel has the blooded polyglot powers. Come to think of it, what blooded powers does he have if any?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I'm glad we're staying, though I wish it had been any floor but G. I don't think we're going to be able to make anything out on that floor, it's just too beyond us.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

Zodiac5000 posted:

Man, Asahel would have been just *super* useful right now. Uriah is going to put up a fight about this. "Enkidel, this is all insanely obviously idols to false gods and melachim and stuff." "Of course it is, but we need to figure out why!" "No, we don't, we need to smash everything in here."

That is not a conversation we'd be having with Asahel. Asahel would probably be actively more heretical than Enkidel.

Note: This should not be taken as me complaining about Uriah, because he owns. Just that this is a situation where his particular brand of usefulness is constrained by his personality.

:hmmyes:

Hmm I'm picking up what you're putting down. Uriah needs to be purged. He will never accept us as his God!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

super sweet best pal posted:

Gold is indigestible. We'd have to settle for silver.

just wanted to point out that irl colloidal gold works the same as colloidal silver, but the results are even worse.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

TK-42-1 posted:

I don’t think Asahel has the blooded polyglot powers. Come to think of it, what blooded powers does he have if any?

I thought all of our real mighty men (Asahel, Gareb, David, Uriah, Nahari, Jassiel, ?Ahaz?) can do blooded languages? I know they have displayed power usage associatd only with being extremely blooded, and I thought that the whole 'speak languages' was a comparatively simple blooded power. I know that Asahel and David have been making very rapid gains in their blooded mysticism training during our more recent timeskips, and even though Uriah is the most blooded person we've got our mighty men are extremely mighty by now. I wonder how much Gareb's dad hating him is slowing his training? Which wins out: "I really do not like my son because he's a giant pansy who doesn't want to kill things and associated with Enkidel, known cosmic rear end in a top hat" vs. "It is my duty as a father to train my obviously extremely blooded son how to use his birthright in defense of our people."

Minor question for Diog:
Based on seeing Uriah's crazy bullshit speed/coordination display back at Khasis, was he of comparable or probably greater physical capabilities than Samson displayed during our duel?

I'm assuming Samson held very little back, although we might not have a great memory of that particular fight as we were probably concussed stupid.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Theglavwen posted:

I'm glad we're staying, though I wish it had been any floor but G. I don't think we're going to be able to make anything out on that floor, it's just too beyond us.

Hopefuy we will expire most floors for a while. Who knows, maybe we figure something basic out. Would airlocks be useful for anything in Kavodel? Wished we had waited for Hriah to wake up.before doing the floor with writing though.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

There are some pending questions and we are going to get all of them later. We promise. In the meantime, here is the update!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

You have re-entered the main area of the first floor of the tower. There is a large space overhead and many floors visible above you, including two you explored earlier. You leave Uriah laying on a bench on the first floor, you walk towards one of the pillars at the edge of the room and climb up the side of it, past the first three floors and onto the fourth floor. You were unable to get here previously, none of the stairs lead up here though you had no difficulty simply climbing up. You begin to explore the floor and find...

A forest. An actual forest. You see plants of many sorts, many of which you recognize and some of which you don't. None of the plants glow or shimmer and none seem... supernatural in any way except that when you Presence Sense them they all have a slightly odd quality to them. Not so much as a single chirping insect nor call of a bird can be heard from anywhere among the greenery, the only sound being that of the wind-chimes hanging from some of the trees making beautiful music. In the high ceiling overhead are a number of glowing stones which rather convincingly gives the illusion of sunlight, a blue sky has been painted on the ceiling which is just above the crowns of the tallest trees. Except for the stones you find nothing at all artificial about the place at all and even the arrangement of the plants seems natural, except that you find some spaces in the... indoor forest which have a clearing in them, but no other unnatural objects at all, but for a few humanoid-animal statues similar to the ones you saw in the main area of the temple, poking out from the greenery, some partially covered in moss. After exploring for a time you eventually find a few large doors and a few sized for normal men, but none open to you. The entire floor seems to be made up of nothing more than this greenery, if anything else lay hidden there you do not find it upon a casual search through the area.

You make your way back towards the center of the tower and climb up to the fifth floor. Some of the hallways on this floor lack doors and so you are able to enter, but you otherwise find yourself unable to enter any of the doors on this entire floor, none open to you.

On the sixth floor you find...

A wide, deep and slowly flowing river which circles around the entire floor, a gentle rain seems to be coming from small holes in the tall ceiling, a number of plants grow on the sides of the river, giving it the look of an authentic river bank. In one section of river you might call the "start" boiling water comes out of the bottom of the river and remains hot for some time as it flows around, flowing in a circle around the entire floor until it comes back around and... empties into the same area, by which point the water has become so cold you see small pieces of ice floating in it and frost on the bank of the river. The icy water flows directly into the section from which the boiling water comes and... there is no steam, there is no disruption, the cold water simply joins the boiling water and nothing happens despite the temperature difference when something very definitely should be happening, in one section the water is almost freezing and then boiling and the transition simply occurs. The temperature of the rain seems to match the temperature of the water beneath it. There are large translucent gemstones framing holes at the outer wall of the tower in many places through which you can see outside of the tower, despite the fact that from the outside you could not see this place and certainly would have noticed. You find a number of alcoves and small rooms spread around the floor and in many of them find large folded bolts of cloth, in some of them jars or pots, some of them made of odd materials or gemstones which are filled with odd smelling substances, some of which are beautiful and fragrant, and some of which are truly foul. In two places on the floor you find bedrooms cleverly hidden by terrain and plants to obscure it from casual view, within which you find a number of beds and a few small adjacent rooms, the furniture in those rooms is normal-ish sized and certainly expensive looking but the room look more... spartan and bare than the larger bedrooms you saw on lower floors. The smaller rooms are neat and tidy, nothing is out of place and there is no sign of any disruption, the beds are all neatly made, there are simply no people there to lay in them. You have not found any disruption anywhere in the tower, everything is neat and tidy as if someone just set the room in order and went into another one a moment ago.

You return to the edge of the floor and climb up to the seventh floor. There you find a number of large doors that you are unable to open. Though you find a large hallway with many rooms branching off of it and within most of them you find a statue and an altar in front of it. There is some kind of sign at the edge of the hallway but you can't read it. There is very little decoration to most of the rooms and they may look to be a bit of a stark contrast to the beautiful and opulent decoration of most of the tower. The altars are all plain looking stone blocks, though most are pretty high off the floor and not exactly convenient for most people to use. The statues vary, each is roughly fourteen feet tall though the dimensions vary a bit. You find no more than one statue and one altar in each room. In one room you find a statue of a boar, in another a bear, in another a deer, in another an antelope, in one some kind of strange looking dolphin, one is a statue of flames, you find three different statues in different rooms of a humanoid figure with the head of a horse, each of the three are different and one has wings like a Melachim, you find a statue of some kind of large bird, one of a snake, one of some kind of lizard you are not familiar with, one of a ram, one of a sheep, one of a hawk, one which you think is supposed to be the sun and one which you think is supposed to be the moon? Several statues are very obviously Melachim. In one room you find a statue of a winged serpent, in several of the rooms the statues seem to be vaguley humanoid plants, one looks like a vaguely humanoid-ish rock and in two rooms the statues are simple plants. In one room you find a tall figure of flight built, three sets of wings and with pointy ears. One room has a statue of a winged wheel with eyes all over it. The rooms just go on and on and on, there are dozens of such rooms, one after another after another, each with a statue and each with an altar, the craftsmanship of each room is well below what you would expect considering the fantastical craftsmanship of the rest of the building and while the rest of the tower has been well lit, the stones used to iluminate the ceiling in this part of the tower are sparse and far between. You have no difficulty seeing of course, it is ample light for your superior vision and even if it was not a normal person could walk through fine but they would probably have difficulty reading a parchment or doing any sort of fine work. In one room, the very last at the end of the hallway you see no statue nor altar, instead you see tall pedestals ring the edge of the room with a small alcove set into the wall just big enough for the head of a statue, a bust, to rest within it, behind each pedastal. Each of the faces has an element of great beauty to them though you know who none of them are. Until you see one of them and pause for a long moment to look at it more careful.

In the poorly lit room is a bust of a face you recognize, that of Amok.

One other of the smaller rooms may stand out to your eye, perhaps. One of the shrines, open to the hallway like the rest, is larger. Not great in size, but about twice as wide and a little deeper than the others. In this shrine are very two tall benches made of common stone next to each other, well, benches fit for a larger person anyway, but not out of proportion to much of the large furniture found in this place. You see an altar like in most of the other rooms, the altar itself is no different. The object behind it however just maaaybe catches your notice? It is a blue sphere a few feet across and looks like it is made of some kind of gemstone? It rests atop a stone pillar. You Presence Sense the blue sphere, it is stronger than mere gems might be but does not stand out as an item with a tremendous Presence, you've long since learned that the strength of a Presence may not translate necessarily to "power". It does not feel like one of the "blue stones". This room is more decorated than the others which were mostly plain and barren and you see writing of a script you recognize, even if you can't read, over the walls and ceiling, writing in the priestly language.

You return to the balcony at the edge of the floor and climb up to the eighth floor. What this floor is and what function it serves you have... absolutely no idea, nor do you have any words to explain or knowledge to understand the nature of the strange and odd things you find upon it. You walk around the edge of the balcony until eventually you find a door, the one single door leading further away from the balcony and one which opens to you in the same manner as the front door to the tower did and which the door to the groundhog room did. You find a second door shortly after the first and find you are unable to open it until you close the first door, though once you do it opens. You check the outer door again and are able to open it. You swiftly determine you are not trapped, you simply can't open both doors at once, odd.

Odder still, for the first time in rather a long time you actually have to strike up a torch because the entire floor is pitch black. There is no light anywhere on the floor, no torches and none of those mystical stones which seemed to illuminate most of the tower. By the light of a torch you examine the things you find within and have... no idea whatsoever what any of them are. Most of the floor is taken out by a single large open area though there are some passages and side chambers. At the very edge of the floor, set into the outer wall of the tower, spaced a number of paces apart are large metal tubes point upwards, out past the edge of the tower, with small openings on one end and indentations and markings which mean nothing to you except that they are obviously artificial in nature. You find many, many shelves across the entire floor upon which are packed of tens, hundreds of thousands of thin sheets of a metal you have no word for, some with only a single small hole on them, some with several, each of which has writing at the edge of the metal sheet. You pull several out randomly and study them but have no idea whatsoever what they are, how they were made(for they are very thin) or what they are for. Decoration? Art? A tool? Some kind of writing? You find what you think are storage and supply rooms and rooms full of what you think may be tools or mystical implements but you have not even a guess at the functioning of any of them besides that maybe some of them kind of look like knives or smithy tools or writing tools? So many of the implements are obviously nothing like anything you have seen before that it makes you question if what you think is a weird knife is truly a knife or that thing which kind of looks like forge tongs really are? You are left thoroughly confused as you walk through a floor filled with obviously unnatural things you can't even guess the functioning of. You are more thoroughly confused than if an Atharan woke up one day in Lefkandi's workshop, or Jesbaam's mystical workspace and make even less sense of the things you find within. Eventually you depart.

You climb to the ninth floor and find four portcullises spread across it but are unable to lift them, you hear the crackling of fire beyond and smell smoke, but find no way through to explore further and no obvious way to lift the gates which bar your way.

Your climb your way to the tenth and final floor. Not the final floor in the tower, not even close for indeed even with the tall ceilings of each floor and one of them tall enough to house a forest, you are not even close to the top of the tower. But the final floor which is visible from the entrance of the tower, for above this floor is a ceiling. On this floor you find only a single large doorway, you step through it and turn right to see a wall and left to see a single large passage extending into the distance and opulently decorated. Spaced several paces apart on each side of the passageway are statues a bit over twenty feet tall, each made of roots and stone or metal and each looking like some kind of blending of a humanoid figure and a burrowing animal. None have kindly expressions. Each are armed and you recognize the weapons most wield. A strong Presence comes from each. As you take a step into the hallway every statue you can see turns their heads to face you aaaaaand you take a step back and they turn their gaze back towards the statue facing across from them. You go back to the edge of the floor, towards the central chamber and look down to confirm Uriah is still where you left him.

It was not so bad that you were unable to explore the tower, but you are still in pain, you broke one of your fingers after all. Below you Uriah is still unconscious. It is going to be dawn soon, you've been exploring on your own for a few hours. If you intend to leave the tower under cover of night and not risk being seen, now is the time to do so. You have several days of food and water, though there is ample water in the tower and you found plenty of food as well. If you don't mind sleeping in the possibly creepy abandoned beds, they are actually very soft and look greatly comfortable? As best you know, no one is tailing you but if you are seen to simply vanish, an odd guest such as yourself not being seen may draw some attention?

You return to the eighth floor and pass through the two sets of doors, noting a empty shelf and a sign with writing on it in the area in-between. You make a more thorough examination of the strange, bizzare objects which fill the floor and defy your understanding, doing so by torch light for the room is perfectly dark. Well, none of the objects glowing or shimmering or appearing and dissapearing in and out of existence(and you have seen quite a few things in the past which have done both of those), but you find yourself in a large, dark chamber full of what looks to you to be artificially created objects but whose purpose and function are a mystery to you. You Presence Sense just about everything and find most of it to at least feel pretty mundane, most of the objects anywway.

Starting with the general layout of the floor. There are some side passages and rooms but the entire floor is otherwise one large open workspace with a ceiling about thirty five feet above the ground, which does not make it the tallest floor by any stretch of the imagination compared to some of the others you passed. You find furniture on the floor, some of the few objects you actually recognize, tables, chairs, shelves, all of it is far, far too tall for any normal person to use, without exception and only for use by figures taller than you... or so you think at first until you find two closets full of ladders fit for use by men of a more normal size and a few rooms with tables, chairs and shelves more fit for use by common men. You don't find beds or dinning areas anywhere on the floor, it does not seem that the occupants of this place slept or ate here. You find two doors near the edge of the tower you can't open which might go to a stairwell? You noticed doors in similar positions on most of the floors.

Nearly every wall is covered in shelves which go from the floor to the ceiling and most of the otherwise open floor space is covered in shelves as well, upon which are hundreds of thousands of very thin metal sheets, possibly more. They are made of a metal you have no word for. There is writting you can't read on the shelves. Every single metal sheet has writing on the edge of the sheet but you can't read it. The metal sheets are very thin in the middle and have a thicker edge of some unknown metal which forms a sturdier frame, no smith you know of could create a metal sheet so thin as the middle of the metal sheets. Every metal sheet you find on the shelves has at least one hole in it, some have many. Most of the sheets taken off a shelf look to be identical to the sheets next to it. They don't look beautiful or artistic to you. Their function and purpose is a mystery. Are they rare and precious and intended as an item of value to trade, like silver coins? Is this a mint? You, the inventor of coins, which has spread even to Carine(even if you don't get credit for it) don't think they would make trade more convenient, so probably not that? If most of the floor is full of these strange things they must be important to the floor in some way?

It takes quite a while examining them until you notice but after looking over many of the metal sheets you realize that not every metal sheet is identical to the one next to it, eventually you notice that each sheet is only very similar to the one next to it, some have an additional hole or several more or less. Some sheets have hundreds of small holes, some have only one. In some the holes have all moved very slightly. After realizing that the sheets are only very similar to each other you begin to more carefully look at the sheets with only one hole. Those seem to be an exception to the trend? After studying a series of sheets with one hole on each you are pretty sure they are not actually identical, there seem to be VERY tiny differences in the shape of the hole, for it is not perfectly symmetrical but seems to have a tiny, tiny protrusion on the edge of it, too small for human eyes to ever notice and after looking at a series of metal sheets the protrusion seems to move VERY slightly? It is very probably just a slight imperfection in the smithing process that made them, the single hole sheets all have tiny holes and the protrusions are even more tiny, much too small for the human eye to see.

In one side room you find large stacks of metal sheets with no holes in them, there is writing on the frame but much less. The color of the frame is the same but the color of the metal sheet within is subtly different from the sheets with the holes in them.

At the edge of the floor are a series of metal tubes which point into the exterior wall of the tower. Most of the tubes are the same size, some are larger, each are made of metal and to your eye are obviously artificial, being made of metal. You don't know what the metal they are made of is. Their function is a mystery to you except that you you see an indentation in each as wide as the metal sheets, a very slight indentation, not a hole big enough to fit a metal sheet into. You put your ear on a tube and VERY gently tap it, then you try to Presence Sense through it. The tubes seem to be mostly hollow but you sense something with a Presence stronger than metal inside of most. There is a shelf full of strange objects, possibly tools next to each of the tubes, you notice that many of the shelves have the same strange objects on them but not all do. Each shelf next to a tube has at leat one rack which looks to be intended to store a few metal sheets but the shelves next to the tubes are not otherwist full of metal sheets.

You find storage rooms full of pots and jars which appear to be sealed. You find large objects which may be furniture or a smithy or El only knows what. Despite making a thorough examination of the place you are confident that you have no idea whatsoever what almost any of the strange items you find do. You will not be given a more detailed description of what most of the strange inexplicable objects look like, Enkidel, having looked over them carefully has no idea. You can ask, perhaps in your analysis you might think of something or you might have a particularly notable question or observation but we expect there will probably be hundreds of questions along such lines and most will simply be skipped since the answer to virtually all of them will be that you have no idea and to give a detailed description of a large floor full of things which you have literally no idea the purpose of function of would take forever.

You find two doors on the floor leading to chambers that you cannot open, besides what you think are probably doors to the stairs.

In one room you find a table upon which rests a metal tube similar to the ones that you have seen extending into the walls., some of the strange protrusions and features common to some of the tubes are not present, this one seems simpler. Is it incomplete and being made, or repaired. Some of the features missing from the tube lay on shelves in the room or in bins. One end of the tube is open and the inside looks to be mostly hollow. Like most of the floor this room is full of objects uouy can't even fathom the purpose or function of.

You have seen and experimented with odd things before, you have been exposed to several foreign cultures. Some were very odd. Some, when you tried to work in your smithy, like the ruby fragments, blew up in your face and literally blew the wall off of your smithy. There are not many notable Presences on the floor you've been warned that mystical objects may have traps on them or maybe deadly simply to use. Your own laurels come with an instruction along those lines.

Appreciating that you have literally no idea what any of the stuff you find here does you have been cautious in your explorations, mostly looking and not touching much.

1. What do you do?

A. Poke and prod at the tube on the table in a side chamber and see if you can learn more. Post a number between one and ten thousand with your vote.

B. Poke and prod at one of the tubes set into the wall and see if you can learn more. Post a number between one and ten thousand with your vote.

C. Poke and prod at some random things you think might be tools. Post a number between one and ten thousand with your vote.

D. Poke and prod at what you think might be a forge or furniture or something? Post a number between one and ten thousand with your vote.

E. Poke and prod at what you think might be components of things you don't understand. Post a number between one and ten thousand with your vote.

F. Grab a few tools and take them with you. Post a number between one and ten thousand with your vote.

G. Grab a few things that might be components and take them with you. Post a number between one and ten thousand with your vote.

H. Seriously contemplate logistics of taking a ton of stuff in this chamber and arranging is transport home.

I. Something else. Fill in.

J. Leave the floor and consider your next action. This is not a vote on what to do, just about to be done with this floor for now.

[...]

Travic's Awesome Index: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=4080&perpage=40#post473373440

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A. 3376

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
A, 2

Place a sheet with a hole up to a tube.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Holy poo poo, its a loving punch card computer

I look to see if the sheets would fit anywhere.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

B and grab one of the sheets and put it on the indentation 1818

A 1818

TK-42-1 fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 26, 2019

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
A. 7

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Volmarias posted:

A, 2

Place a sheet with a hole up to a tube.
There is no hole it would fit in to.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

edit: this was wrong

TK-42-1 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 26, 2019

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

Holy poo poo, its a loving punch card computer

I look to see if the sheets would fit anywhere.
They are stored all over the place on the shelves and there are also racks and stuff which looked like they were intended to hold them?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
C 7552

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Enkidel has a perfect memory. How are his drawing skills? Could we take some sheets, components and incomplete tube back to Lefkandi and draw him detailed pictures of everything here?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

TK-42-1 posted:

there’s a slight indentation that it might click on to

Diog is this: "you see an indentation in each as wide as the metal sheets, a very slight indentation, not a hole big enough to fit a metal sheet into." meaning there is like a flat indentation on the side that it could fit a sheet onto like a magnet or more like a closed dvd drive? I know thats not exactly what it is but im just asking about orientation and thats what my mind is on.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

A 7213

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

H

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

Diog is this: "you see an indentation in each as wide as the metal sheets, a very slight indentation, not a hole big enough to fit a metal sheet into." meaning there is like a flat indentation on the side that it could fit a sheet onto like a magnet or more like a closed dvd drive? I know thats not exactly what it is but im just asking about orientation and thats what my mind is on.

Enkidel does not know what either of those things are, so we are not using them for a comparison. Indeed, you have no idea what any of this stuff is so descriptions are very vague at best. There is a narrow indentation about as wide as one of the metal sheets.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tsyni posted:

Enkidel has a perfect memory. How are his drawing skills? Could we take some sheets, components and incomplete tube back to Lefkandi and draw him detailed pictures of everything here?

Fine? Better than average. A number of people in Kavodel can draw far better, it is not something you ever had much interest in. It is a learned skill and one not practised much.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I. Take one of the metal sheets with one hole in it and apply it to an indentation in the pipe. 2837

Let's see if this works.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Z the IVth posted:

I. Take one of the metal sheets with one hole in it and apply it to an indentation in the pipe. 2837

Let's see if this works.

Yeah.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Diogines posted:

Enkidel does not know what either of those things are, so we are not using them for a comparison. Indeed, you have no idea what any of this stuff is so descriptions are very vague at best. There is a narrow indentation about as wide as one of the metal sheets.

ah ok. I was thinking it was like an outline of the sheets on the outside rather than a small dent like it could fit in there if it was opened or whatever

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Write In: Leave. Just grab Uriah and loving go already.

Congrats, we've found punch cards and pneumatic tubes that we will never understand because we don't have the time to study them, and stealing them to study later will have Jael on us to return them before we take 10 steps away from the tower.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
D 9472

Diog, do the doors that may potentially lead to a stairwell have any markings or ornamentation? How large are they?

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 26, 2019

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
D 3685

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
D 633

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

the_steve posted:

Congrats, we've found punch cards and pneumatic tubes that we will never understand because we don't have the time to study them, and stealing them to study later will have Jael on us to return them before we take 10 steps away from the tower.

wCan e get the biggest pssible wrong voter tag on this guy?

Maybe Uriah could read some.of this poo poo and give us more clues, but nope, we were too anxious to get here.

D 1

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
since there is an indentation as wide as the metal sheets in each of the tubes, try pressing, poking, and just generally fiddling with metal sheets in combination with the tubes.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
B: 6969

I'm obsessed with these loving tubes.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
ENKIDEL, EL ISNT LIKE SOME BIG MOUNTAIN... HES..uh..a..A SERIES OF TUBES

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

the_steve posted:

Man, you're more crotchety than I am. Let's be optimistic.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
There's a wizard with a microphone behind a curtain here somewhere. We should replace him, create our own religion and become the wizard of Og.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Outrail posted:

There's a wizard with a microphone behind a curtain here somewhere. We should replace him, create our own religion and become the wizard of Og.

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE SALIVATING CANNIBAL KING BEHIND THE BUTCHERS BLOCK !

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

A 4872

Diog: How big are the holes in these discs? Could we fit a finger in them, or are they like pin-pricks?

I'm still confused about how the discs work with the tubes. Are you saying you can push a disc halfway or partway into the tube, but not all the way? Or does it sit on top of the tube in a shallow depression? If you insert them, are they parallel to the tube or do they cut across it?

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

A 4872

Diog: How big are the holes in these discs? Could we fit a finger in them, or are they like pin-pricks?

I'm still confused about how the discs work with the tubes. Are you saying you can push a disc halfway or partway into the tube, but not all the way? Or does it sit on top of the tube in a shallow depression? If you insert them, are they parallel to the tube or do they cut across it?

As to the former, the holes are small, more like pin pricks than fingers.

As to the later, I said neither. You have no idea what the relationship between the tubes and metal sheets are, if any. Also they are not disc shaped, they are square, the metal sheets. I don't think we mentioned that, nor that they are all uniform in size, which they are.