Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

:siren: :siren: :siren:
HEY YOU! NEW READER! YES YOU! Yes. YOU! Anyone can join our game! We have been going for a while but new people are ALWAYS welcome! We did a recap of the game recently. If you do not want to read the whole thread, start here: Here is the recap:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&userid=129241&perpage=40&pagenumber=214#post462446661
It will help you get caught up on the adventures thus far! Welcome!

"In the beginning there was naught but the Creator who dwelt in void and sat in silence".

"On the First Day the Creator crafted the Heavens and used his flesh to fill Heaven with Angels and, it was good."

"On the Second Day the Creator reached into his flesh and crafted a new place. Over it was placed the sky and beneath, land and what lay between was filled with water and, it was good."

"On the Third day the Creator spoke not a word, but beckoned his angels unto Ur and so they went and there they crafted creatures of the land and sea and sky. Life covered the world and, it was good."

"On the Fourth day the Creator again reached into his flesh and crafted ten men and ten women. The Creator placed them upon the world and, it was good."

"On the Fifth day, man covered the world."

"On the Sixth Day..."

The voices cease and the flood of images go dark. How much of it are you able to recall? The details are already beginning to fade and the exact words, slip from your recollection, you cannot be certain if you heard them correctly the first time as they fade away to nothingness.

Your mind drifts through inky blackness. All is dark and silent, yet you think you may hear voices at the very edge of your perception.

You stir in your slumber.

"Wake up"

A voice is calling you to wakefulness.

You are....

A. A being of the Heavens at the Dawn of Time who is not an all powerful creator, nor is the being "Lucifer".

B. A being in the mortal world, sometime after man has been made, one who will have an "interesting" vantage point for things to come.

Your first decision is arguably the most important decision you will make as it will set the entire path of the game. Right now you essentially have a choice between two very different games. Pick the one which sounds the most interesting to you! Both beings are influential and important, though in different ways.

Option A is at the Dawn of Time, so, it does not really give anything away to say it is not human, there not being any yet.
Option B starts in the world, after man already exists, but says nothing of what you are picking, only where and when.

WELCOME TO THE GAME!

Welcome to Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens, a Chose Your Own Adventure style game. The format of the game is simple. I will lay out the scenario and offer options to proceed with. You can always propose an alternate path to pick. The most popular choice will be picked. Type as much as you like, but please indicate your vote by bolding your choice like this.

One way this game is different from other Chose Your Own Adventure game is that your adventure is to a degree, a freeform adventure. You chose your path through the world. The world can and will change around you based upon your actions and you will not have a predetermined story to run through. Your path and ultimate fate are not planned. Today, the day we started the game, I honestly have no idea where we may be a month from now, let alone how it might one day end. It is all up to you.

You do not have plot armor. Bad decisions can get you killed or wreak horrible consequences which you did not intend.

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KlavoHunter
Aug 4, 2006
"Intelligence indicates that our enemy is using giant cathedral ships. Research divison reports that we can adapt this technology for our use. Begin researching giant cathedral ships immediately."
Hold the gate.

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
A

Also, eat the baby.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Apply for job designing trapper keepers

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Edited to remove spoilers. This and my next post refer to later events.

I would like to give a VERY BIG THANKS to NETTLESOUP for making our games FIRST MAP!
Edit: And continuing thanks for helping us to keep it updated!

The locations are a rough approximation of where places are, based upon your current knowledge of the world. This is not necessarily accurate, but is a representation of the world, as you, Enkidel, currently know it to be.

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO ENKIDEL:
Athar - The village you lived in till you were 11
AR - Arbeh - A fishing village two weeks south of Athar
AC - Acco - A large city.
B - Mount Har and at it's base, the city of Baitel. The sacred city and largest city in the world.
D - Dor - A city
G - Gezer - A city
I - Ibleam - A city, rival to Zepath
K - Kitron - A city
M - Megido - A city
T - Tanaach - A city, friendly to Zepath
Z - Zepath - Your home

Squidface on the coast - The camp from your Manhood trial, aka Enkidelopolis
The little spire south of Zepath - Zepa's Monument
Mountains a bit east - Mountains where beasts are known to reside
Far east of Baitel, well off the map. The Kadmonim nomads and their grassland.

White spaces - Places you know nothing of.

Many, many thanks to KYPP for our second map!
Edit: And again, for the latest version!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 13, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

THE MUSEUM OF ENKIDEL

Within his home in Zepath, the hero Enkidel has begun to collect trophies of his triumphs.

In his twenty first year, the Hero Enkidel shot a roc from the sky with a single arrow. The creature plummeted to the earth and with a mere knife, Enkidel slew the beast by slitting it's throat. A feather from the mighty Roc lay within this pot.

*Picture by Arkanomen

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 13, 2015

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
A

Metamucil
May 10, 2011
A, obviously.

Nine Votes Now
Sep 17, 2007
B

We did the godlike thing last time around, let's just be a person now! Also, holy hell Diog, this is a fast turn around!

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
B, not having any special powers and having to rely on influencing others to change events sounds like a fun change from the last game.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
B.
My experience as a divine being is that goons cause apocalypses.
Also eat the baby and hold the gate.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let's be an Archangel.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

KlavoHunter posted:

Hold the gate.

This, also, B. Maybe this time we can be a force of good and not enslave people and pour molten gold onto children and whatnot.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
B. The less powerful we are, the lower the chance of us accidentally unleashing the apocalypse.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B. Mortals, while fleshy and fragile, a usually less susceptible to rules and restraints.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
B

The last CYOA taught us an important message.

Monster's aren't the actually monsters. GODS are the real monsters.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
B

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
A

hail satan

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
B is the best.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
A. Let's try this power thing again, this time no vomiting skeletons please.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
A

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

B. Let's show them the meaning of the word "hubris".

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
All day.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting A. We'll probably gently caress up quicker this way, but I think we'll also start with more info.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

Always A. All the time.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

B, for a change of pace.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 24, 2013

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
A.

I role play a mortal every day.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I think b is the best option. Lets try not to blow up the world this time, okay guys?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Being mortal is boring. A

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Option A is at the Dawn of Time, so, it does not really give anything away to say it is not human, there not being any yet.
Option B starts in the world, after man already exists, but says nothing of what you are picking, only where and when.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
B, phenomenal cosmic power is boring, we should be able to get by on good old mortal ingenuity and elbow grease.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Changing my vote from B to A then. The dawn of time sounds cool.

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
Hard choice, going to go with B.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

B I'm very curious to know what this 'interesting' vantage point is. That and I agree that mortals usually have more freedom, so we're less likely to have to deal with Celestial bureaucratic silliness going down that road.

Fingers crossed we're a woman this time too, just for a change of pace!

Also, I always wanted to use this so I may as well get it out of my system now: Hee!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Tough choice, but let's go with A.

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

You can find me in the produce aisle of the hospital.
Going to roll with B for now. I'm interested in what we actually could be.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

A

Also, close the gate.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
Well this thread came quicker than anticipated. :v:

Voting B: hold that gate.

Played a godlike being the last time, turned out we had a hard time not causing the destruction of all life.
Let's kick this Angel War off new school mortal-style as Dante intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I proof read the OP many times times, but, foolishly, made a mistake in the title ><

Within moments of the thread going up, I messaged a mod, but it was too late, the thread already being live.

quote:

Our Chose your Own Adventure game, The Land Between the Rivers, has successfully finished, it ran for 5 months and overall, everyone seems pretty happy, I know I am.

I have started our next game up and while I proof read the thread itself a dozen times, I accidentally screwed up the title ><.

It is currently titled as "Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens"

I wanted it to be: "Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens - Chose your Own Adventure"

Could you please edit it for me?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Traditional games is a good subforum, but I aimed this game at the GBS crowd, part of why the game was so much fun was because it was exposed to a wider audience. Most of the players in the game, came from GBS, not, traditional games. When multiple people told me that waiting for updates on the game kept them going through their boring jobs all day at work, it really gave me the motivation to keep the game moving along.

Could we please be moved back?

I sent a private message to a GBS mod.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 20, 2013