Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4167 »
Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

1. Learn the Secrets of our Nature, The World's History and the reason for our existence - "Question Time"

2.Secure a future for Enkidel, his children and the good people of the world - "You Can't Save Everyone...sometimes"

3.Get whoever (Likely Smattas) is in charge of Ur to admit they are wrong. - "No you shut the gently caress dad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UppaTree
May 3, 2013

1: Slay or permanently bind a malevolent creature of pure Nephesh. Preferably Asherah, but I'll settle for 7Bird, that cocksucker. Achievement: Even Death May Die.

2: Keep building until Zepath, Kabodel, Rimath et al are one city. Achievement: Sim City 1700 BC

3: Outfit the heavy hitters of the Balls of Labaras in Blooded Iron. Achievement: Balls of Steel.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004

I love you boy, One Pack, always.

Lipstick Apathy

East is a lie.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010
ASK ME ABOUT DRIVING DRUNK AND BEING A CHILD FUCKER

Ur is actually a Klein bottle

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Other Achievements.

[Round 2] - Fight Eyescream and Win
[Harassing the Elderly] - Prank Ishamal
[Hello Gravel My Old Friend] - Recover the devoured stone
[Restrung] - Make amends with Chiat
[Low and Fast] - Ride the Orm into Battle
[Cow Tipping] - Knock a Minotaur 1km
[Waifu War] - Settle a fight between Naomi and Paubi
[Manodile Hunter] - Set off a temporal paradox and avoid apprehension
[Hold the Gate] - Ignore Divine Will and follow your own path
[Bonfire Cake] - Celebrate Ishamal's Birthday

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Quick question. Who are Ishamal's drinking buddies. They have been mentioned many times and occasionally he travels with them on "hunting trips". I'm not looking for a backstory but that sounds awfully suspicious and something worth turning over.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007

Alcohol...
It's the water of life.

Grimey Drawer

No Fly Zone
Travel least 10,000 feet above Ur under your own power.

You Maniacs! You blew it up!
Return to the ruins of an Urian city after at least a thousand years absent, without knowing it was destroyed in the intervening time.

The Dagwood
Return to Mosquito Mountain while also avoiding negative consequences.

Power Broker
Exchange a "magical" artifact for one of greater power.

Sorry!
Trick a Melachim messenger into revealing extremely sensitive information.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

The Tomn
Post a >1000 word response

Better Nate than Lever
Submit a write-in near the end of a voting cycle and have it win.

Bromance
Spend a night alone in the woods with Uriah or Paebel

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every fighter says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"

Arkanomen posted:

Quick question. Who are Ishamal's drinking buddies. They have been mentioned many times and occasionally he travels with them on "hunting trips". I'm not looking for a backstory but that sounds awfully suspicious and something worth turning over.

Chait was one of them, so I'm guessing they are old Blooded badasses, who are tired of mattering, but not tired of life.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

"He has the most who is most content with the least."
Diogenes of Sinope 412 to 323 BCE

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Arkanomen posted:

Other Achievements.
I find these rather funny, you can post others if you like.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

1. Ensure the survival of Ur's people.
2. Become good friends with the Kadmonim.
3. Cast the deciding tie-breaker vote between something pants-on-head retarded and something sensible.

FaustianQ
Mar 1, 2013

1. Defeat evil, secure a place for humanity in an everlasting golden age.
2. Learn all there is about us, the world, and the history of Ur.
3. Establish friendly relationships with non-humans.

Well since the update is delayed for a bit, so with permission from Diog I'm going to do a minicyoa that's been percolating inside my head since Nebai and the people of New Hope.

You breath deeply of the sweet chilled air rolling across the autumn plains as evening approaches. You, Efraim live a pleasant life tending to a flock of sheep in the day with your dog, and returning home to a loving wife and children just outside the walls of Acco come the setting of the sun. It is but a short journey to home, the walls of Acco always reassuringly close, it's wondrous and fair King and Mighty Men keeping the peace and protecting the innocent from monsters and demons most foul. Such things are but a distant concern because of them, even more so once you come upon your door to your home, your wife and youngest daughter's silhouette framed from the warm light coming from within. You see their inviting joyful smiles as they shout at you, urging you to hasten your journey home. Happiness fills you as you start to break into a run, your dog barking fervently as the wind rushes passed you. As you near you can finally hear your family.

"BACK TO WORK!"

You stop suddenly, confused, and your dog skids to a halt next to you. You stare dead ahead as your wife and child smile cheerfully back and bellow again, the harsh voice utterly discordant.

"LAZY SCUM, BACK TO WORK!"

You feel searing pain dance on your back, once, twice. Your eyes fill up with tears as you choke down the pain and fall to your knees. Now eye level with your dog you search it's warm friendly canine eyes for an explanation. It mouths a joyous bark but only hateful echoes reach your ears.

"WORK OR BE MEAT!"

Another lashing brings you back as you cough up soot and dust. You find yourself propped upon your pickaxe, having drifted away again. They feed you too little, work you too hard, just like your father and mother before you. Another lash from that infernal whip strikes you and fills you with enough energy to stand and ready your pickaxe. You hear the Bnaimokt grunt its approval as you begin mining again, and feel its attention drift elsewhere. Your eyes wander over to your right where old man Gemariah strikes rhythmically at the caverns surface. One of the oldest people still amongst the slaves, Gemariah enchants everyone with stories with the marvels of Acco, it's beautiful strong walls, it's great markets and wonderful riches, it's stupendously powerful King and Mighty Men, things your parents used to tell you stories about as well before they were taken away. You've never seen Acco yourself, having been born into captivity, for you the darkness of the caverns are your world. Next to Gemariah is Lavi, a man from Libnah and one of the more recent captures. He keeps to himself mostly, and refuses to speak of the circumstances of his capture. But even still, Lavi does his part and more, and insures your teams quota is constantly met. To your left is the rest of your "team"; feisty Keshet who is even younger than you, and Jethro who is just as young but very sickly and is likely not long for this world. You've seen many like Jethro disappear, taken away by the Bnaimokt, and repetition does not make each new time easier. All four of you work hard to cover for Jethro. You five have worked together for the passed 100 days, for you keep meticulous count of what you believe to be days, your masters pushing you hard to dig up strange rocks for unknown purposes. They've pushed harder and harder as each day as worn on, a strange sense of urgency in the task they've put to you. The stretches of time working blend seamlessly together interposed with little sleep and a single meal. Day in and day out you have churned the soil in the dim torchlight, Bnaimokt overseers whips upon your back, their fetid breath upon your necks. Their urgency is your urgency.

Days pass. Get up, mine, eat, mine, sleep, mine, it is a terrible routine you are one with, one you've had nearly your whole life. But today, on the 180th day since the Bnaimokt set you this task of furious hollowing the earth, the monotony ends. It is Keshet who discovers it first, her cries of surprise nearly alerting the nearby Overseer. You gather discreetly gather around Keshet as she urges you towards her, eyes round with great excitement. Keshet points to a small hole in the cavern wall that has crumbled away, faint light filtering out of it. Lavi looks first, a gasp of surprise escaping from him as he stands back to allow you a view. "What is it!" Jethro cries in hushed hoarse tones. You're...not sure?

Before you is an enormous cavern glittering in a pale blue light. Four mighty pillars, each positioned in a corner of the cavern, reach up from bottom of the room and shoulder the weight of the cavern ceiling and all glow a soft white. They look like they've been carved into beautiful "trees" based on what Gemariah has described to you of the above world, and their branches combine into a beautiful canopy that weaves a mesmerizing tapestry that covers the ceiling. Water trickles softly from the cavern walls on each side, pooling across a glowing white floor that pulses ever so slightly. Towards the back you spy a raised dais of seven levels and upon which sit eight faintly illuminated clay jars of various quality. From here you can tell each is unique, but it is hard to discern any detail.

Jethro bounces about, his thin frame suddenly full of energy and curiosity. "Well?! Hey Lavi, what did you see? Keshet? Efraim?! Oh come on guys!" Gemariah quickly turns and hushes Jethro, while Lavi turns to you and Keshet with grim determination. "Seal it, do not speak of it, avoid mining on this side. The demons must not learn of this." Keshet's entranced face melts into defiant confusion. "But...but what if this is a way out?! It looks just like something out of one of Gemariah's tales of the Melachim! What if there is a Melachim in there?! They could kill all the Bnaimokt and bring us back home, every one of us! Just like in Gema's tales!" Lavi's expression does not change, and in desperation Keshet looks to Gemariah "Please Gema, you have to persuade Lavi, you have to tell him!" Gemariah peers tentatively into the opening, but no wonder crosses his face, only apprehension. "The tales also spoke of demons who would disguise themselves as saviors Keshet. I...I think we should seal it for now, and think on it, when we have more time..." Keshet starts to tear up, a look of devastation on her face as she turns to you. "Efraim", she pleads "it's right there, there stories were right and El heard us. We should go, right?!". Lavi holds Jethro back from looking in, but that doesn't stop him from chiming in. "A real Melachim?! Efraim we have to go inside! We have to go now!"

What do you do?
A. Agree with Lavi. Seal it up, never speak of it again. It's the only way to keep it from being defiled by the demons. It's a beautiful, enchanting cavern but what good would it do you, what use is it to you?
B. Agree with Gemariah. Seal it for now, and think on it before acting. This could be a trick. You only have Gemariahs Old Tales to guide you on this, this is entirely new to you, and if the old man has doubts...
C. Agree with Jethro, take the chance now whilst no one is looking and see if the Melachim inside will take you five to safety. From your own observation, there is no one in the cavern, but that doesn't mean there couldn't be a tunnel out.
D. Agree with Keshet, seize the moment and hopefully petition a Melachim, a mighty servant of El, to smite all the Bnaimokt and save all those enslaved. The cavern seems devoid of anyone to your eyes, and if there was a Melachim this close to you all this time, wouldn't they have done something already?
E. Enter for your own reasons. To explore? To savor this wondrous moment while it lasts? You don't know, but you feel compelled to investigate, regardless of consequences, your curiosity consuming you.
F. Fill in.

FaustianQ fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2017 around 21:18

Jewcoon
Oct 12, 2012

C, and fill it back in once inside.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

"A grudge over food is deeper than the ocean."

F. Seal it from the inside and take the risk that's salvation ahead. Anything is better than staying here and if we die we'll die as free men!

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

D

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009

Hey FaustianQ, can you change your vote options to numbers? It keeps them from getting confusing for the vote counters in case there's ever any overlap.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

[Harassing the Elderly] - Prank Ishamal

Achievement Unlocked!!

Other Achievements;

∛Son
- Become someone's son 3 times over

Deed to rights - Defy death through mastery of our body(?)

Pacific Railway Act of 1862 - Be a major contributor to a huge decline in the Bison population

Once a Consort, always a Consort (in progress) - Realise that there's simply no way a belligerently alien survivor of a hive mind and a xenophobicly theocratic society can ever coexist

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

"He has the most who is most content with the least."
Diogenes of Sinope 412 to 323 BCE

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

FaustianQ posted:

D. Agree with Keshet, seize the moment and hopefully petition a Melachim, a mighty servant of El, to smite all the Bnaimokt and save all those enslaved. The cavern seems devoid of anyone to your eyes, and if there was a Melachim this close to you all this time, wouldn't they have done something already?

FaustianQ
Mar 1, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

Hey FaustianQ, can you change your vote options to numbers? It keeps them from getting confusing for the vote counters in case there's ever any overlap.

Since the main vote was going to be closed for the next couple days I figured it wouldn't be a problem. I'll change it for the next vote then if that's okay?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Bring the House Down
Fail at question time so badly that an entire temple is destroyed

Some like it Saggy
Witness a profane dance ritual

Snips and Snails
Collect 1000 magic snails before the Moon Turns

Instructions Unclear
Reattach a body-part Backwards

A Horse is a Horse of course?
Find the secret donkey

Goaty with a Humble aftertaste
Unlock the Bear Grylls achievement using only Snarls

Its not a Skirt
Unlock Azzazel's Finery set gear

An axe you can't grind
Get a single kill with the Cedar Club while taking no damage

On Top of Blue Smokey
Climb Mt.Har and live

Moths to a Flame
Attract 1000 dead souls in one battle

Ur a creature, Hairy
Attain a Presence level Beard

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

Some like it Saggy
Witness a profane dance ritual

...I thought your name was Indor, not Outdor!

Horrible Lurkbeast
Jul 17, 2007

IT WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL ALONG!

Toughy posted:

F. Seal it from the inside and take the risk that's salvation ahead. Anything is better than staying here and if we die we'll die as free men!

I agree completely

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010
ASK ME ABOUT DRIVING DRUNK AND BEING A CHILD FUCKER

E

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Look at my horse; my horse is amazing.

There Bias Two posted:

1. I'd like for Enkidel to at least establish a way for Ur to grow strong enough to fight off the demon hordes.

2. I'd like for Enkidel to discover a general history of Ur and the truth about the church orthodo

3. I'd like for him to establish successful interspecies relations if possible.

I feel like there are a few others, like reversing and/or binding the eternal hunger, and freeing/ensoulling the people in the demon farms, but I'd support these as a good start.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006
Jinat Ulukaï, hâ oagé.

How about some achievements for the bad guys?

Heroes of Mokt and Magic (Failed)
As Fare, successfully capture the Asherakhan during the 'Lightning Raid' Scenario.

Earl of Sandwich
Invent Sandwiches.

Once In A Lifetime
Lead a successful generational attack against one of the cities of Ur.

Fare-Well and Thanks for All the Fish [Co-op]
As Fare and Asherah, achieve a Domination Victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

This land is my land - Create a kingdom that encompasses all of the lands of Zepa and beyond, ruling as the eternal king, prophet of our benefactor and openly divine. But still with the aid of the trio and other sympathetic divine agents.

Research & Divinity - Continue or research into new technology, old lost arts (especially artifact creation and nephesh generation) as well as our divine powers and the divine history of the world.

All evil requires is that good men do nothing, so do something damnit! - Take the fight to the bad guys, Asherah, Fare, et al, and defeat the enemies of men. Expel them from the world forever and bring peace to the world of men (and other cool, non-evil races).

«4167 »