Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Ishamal, Amos told me that my descent into madness was inevitable, and that my only hope is that El takes mercy on me. Is this true? Is there really no hope that I can bind the eternal hunger?

What was the contract between El and Labaras?

Will Ruth climb the mountain?

MinistryofLard fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I'd appreciate if I could get a response and/or a sip&silence combo on this question, please.

Task Manager posted:

Ask out loud, to both Ishamal and the Trio, "Will you let me know if there is anyway that I may be of direct use to you, or Baitel, or He Who Is in the coming years to prepare for the next Jubilee? Or, if there exists any opportunity where my particular set of skills may aid man, even in some small way, will you please let me know?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What's the likelihood we could utilize another Ormstrike if things get bad?

I was under the influence of some enhancement when I grew back from a foot. Will I be able to regrow myself from a foot again with my current capabilities? Or do I need outside influence to accomplish such a feet? :v:

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Would you advise sticking the Cephalot claw to the tip of a spear?

Or should we steer clear of using it in the forge?

Meh, he may be willing to give some practical advice

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Mr. Nemo posted:

Would you advise sticking the Cephalot claw to the tip of a spear? Or should we steer clear of using it in the forge?
"Do what you want with it. I'm not helping you make weapons."

Outrail posted:

What's the likelihood we could utilize another Ormstrike if things get bad?
"I would not count on it."

Outrail posted:

Will I be able to regrow myself from a foot again with my current capabilities? Or do I need outside influence to accomplish such a feet? :v:[/b]
"I would not count on that either. But don't empty your Well trying to preserve your body."

Task Manager posted:

Ask out loud, to both Ishamal and the Trio, "Will you let me know if there is anyway that I may be of direct use to you, or Baitel, or He Who Is in the coming years to prepare for the next Jubilee? Or, if there exists any opportunity where my particular set of skills may aid man, even in some small way, will you please let me know?"
You ask Ishamal and he says "You are not my servant Enkidel, nor are you theirs. If you wish to serve the House of El, I am sure they would take you. If you want to prepare for the Jubilee, use your own guidance, or follow your father's will."

MinistryofLard posted:

What was the contract between El and Labaras?
"If you wish to know of such matters, talk to a priest."

MinistryofLard posted:

Will Ruth climb the mountain?
Ishamal never speaks to you about the dead

Olothreutes posted:

Ish, are you similarly immune to the effects of alcohol, or will our talks like this eventually poison you?
Ishamal laughs and then says "You wound me. I'm glad you are back home."

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Why have men lost knowledge of some of the fantastic tools we found in the tower?
Ishamal shrugs.

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Have you seen them used in the past?
Ishamal continues to shrug.

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Ask Ishamal:
Can you tell me what CHAZAQ means/does? (explain the effects we saw, how it eventually overcame Barkstone)
Do people want to draw attention to an incident which may or may not have counted as experimentation? Especially when you as the squirrels in Enkidel's head probably already know the answer to this?

"What can be done for Ruth?"
Ishamal takes a drink.

"Can we trust the entity known as Nikali? Would they be a useful ally?"
Ishamal says "You mean Nikall. Your father has taught you from a young age that all beings of the world are either men, the animals they may make use of, those they cannot make use of, monsters, demons and other terrible things. And he was pretty clear, I believe, on what to do about those later groups. I am reasonably sure you've had a word or two from the priests on the same topics. If you need clarficiation from either of them on those matters, I am sure they can oblidge."

"Was Amos mistaken?" (About Souls dissipating)
Ishamal will not speak with you about the dead.

"What are Bluestones, really? Why does El seem to be depicted as one?"
"They are powerful. You are probably best off giving them to your father if you find any, but I am not telling you that you must, that is between you and him."

Ask Every-Strike/Enkidels Religious Education
Your religious education tells you nothing. Every-Strike is, sadly, sitting on a table in the other room and not present.

Would constructing a new altar for the temple at Kaovdel be something that We could do, or does it need to be done by a priest?
You don't plan to replace the altar, the older an altar is, the better.

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Ask Ish if there's anything that we could specifically do to try and repair our relationship with Chait
His answer remains unchanged from the last time he was asked about this.

Pladdicus posted:

What made me more noticeable? Did my powers grow? Was it that I am more well known?
"Some factors include the passing of time and you continuing to be very active. Hiding for you is if not a lost cause, then lost enough, at least for now. Don't expect that to change any time soon."

Outrail posted:

So they're somewhat useless to us now? Would you consider it an abuse of their power or meddling in the affair of kings to gift them to donut ruler as a trick to make their head explode?
Ishamal looks at you and frowns and says "Am I dealing with a child or an idiot?"

The Lone Badger posted:

Ishamal, are you playing a drinking game?
"No."

Polgas posted:

If Kitron is a bad idea what about Paebel scouting Gezer? Can I come along?
"I would not encourage you to go anywhere near the coast, or near destroyed cities near it."

Polgas posted:

Is Paebel scouting during the jubilee safer?
Ishamal sips.

Polgas posted:

Do we know of cities in the past that voluntarily had kings renounce their kingship to be magistrates of another city?
"There are kings who have become the subjects of others before, but they don't usually renounce their title as a king. The arrangement you found at Karnak is as you well know, not common. Past the Great Cities it is too chaotic and among them, the strength of any given city is usually enough to make that sort of heavy handed control difficult." You know that some cities in the Great Cities have various levels of allegiance to others, mostly to their "Father" cities, but there are some exceptions.

Polgas posted:

Can you tell me if the trip south or Karnak was more noticeable?

Polgas posted:

Is the House of El aware of the things I did at Carine?
"Well I imagine you may well be hosed if they are? If you don't want to challenge the largest and most powerful group in all of the world, don't cross them. I am not telling you to stop defying the priesthood, do what you want. I am telling you that even if you've seemingly escaped the negative consequences of that for now, you probably can't continue to do so forever."

Olothreutes posted:

Also, Diog, given our experience with the Amok Tree, wouldn't a child need to hop the fence, skin their knee on the roots, and then take a nap under it for several hours?
You've never given it human blood, would it react different?

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Was it really an ancient shrine to El in that tower?
Sips.

[...]

Informal poll. Are people ready to go home? There were some request to speak with Zebanetha. The Capybaras wonder why, since you would probably want to hide the details of a large portion of your trip from him.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jun 5, 2020

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Head home

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Go home Enkidel, do not snitch on yourself to a priest.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

"Would failing to return the Light-Bringing-Orbs endanger Zepath or Kavodel?"

Diogines posted:

The old woman speaks then Baateva translates “She says many of the gifts of the earth but that the secret ingredient is love. And now that you two have been introduced, down to business. The Matriarch says that the glowing spheres of light which you took the Temple of Nisaba do not belong to you and that you are to make arrangements to have them sent to the sacred hill Kazdack, the other things you took are not of her concern, but that you may not have the glowing spheres. She further says that she has no doubt you will do this because you are a clever young man and would know better than to offend the Mother of the Earth when what she has asked of you is so little. And of course, though you would not try to do this, that you won’t try to take Glides-Through-The-Grasses-Like-Joy-In-The-Wind back to your cities.”

Ishamal takes a drink and then says "If you give them the orbs" he motions towards the the entrance where you once met with the Trio "they will accept them. And that is all I will say about that."

Some part of your super-monotheistic education PROBABLY pokes in the back of the skull, VERY VERY HARD that cooperating with a false pretender, probably a demon who dares to claim divinity when there is only ONE TRUE GOD would make you both a heretic and a traitor. Because as you've been reminded and taught many times during your life there is only ONE TRUE GOD and it sure as heck isn't Nikall. And even trying to ask for help for the Orm got your laurels knocked off and a sea demon on your rear end shortly thereafter. Because those who seek El's approval don't make friends with heathens and their false idols, they smash and burn them both.

Or not. Maybe you don't recall that. Or maybe it isn't relevant or correct.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 5, 2020

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Go home Enkidel

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Go home.

Also if the lightbulbs were really going to be super dangerous I imagine the church would try to take them like they did the scrolls from Amok.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Have you ever meet King Seir? Is he really a jerk?

Was Issachar king when you visited Karnak?

Since we've been there, do you have any fun stories about Karnak when you were there?

vote: Go home but say hi to Mom first

Honestly, sounds like we can trust the Trio to take them off our hands. If the Orbs aren't meant for us, that's fine. If they take them and use them somehow for Zepath's benefit, that's probably just as good and it won't be on us.

Victis fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 5, 2020

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Spend time with Jalitha then go ask Zeb about the 18 rules.

I'm fine with passing off the purportedly purloined orbs to the Trio on the assumption they'll handle them as appropriate.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I think we give the melachim the orbs. That seems like a really good idea that neatly sidesteps us cooperating with anybody. Who knows what they'll do with them?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zodiac5000 posted:

I think we give the melachim the orbs. That seems like a really good idea that neatly sidesteps us cooperating with anybody. Who knows what they'll do with them?

Yeah, I think we should give them to the Trio. I actually think they will return them.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Olothreutes posted:

Go home.

Also if the lightbulbs were really going to be super dangerous I imagine the church would try to take them like they did the scrolls from Amok.

Disagree, we kept the pomegranate but not the scrolls because one was a gift & the other theft. And they're arguably both dangerous. These may be considered spoils or there's something else going on

malbogio posted:

Spend time with Jalitha then go ask Zeb about the 18 rules.

I'm fine with passing off the purportedly purloined orbs to the Trio on the assumption they'll handle them as appropriate.

Same on orbs but come on you're voting to have us go admit that we defied the priesthood and pillaged a restricted zone like a fuckin barbarian?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Tsyni posted:

Yeah, I think we should give them to the Trio. I actually think they will return them.

Oh, they absolutely will, faster than we would too. But we would be working with our approved messengers of God.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

We should ask Every Strike if they'd make good forge fuel.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Another +1 for orbs to trio

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Say hi to mom
I guess visit Zeb but without Question Time, just a courtesy call
+1 to give the orbs to the trio when they arrive, it's just a huge hassle trying to arrange their return ourselves and they were apparently good about the Amok Scrolls

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Remember that temple with the orbs and underground trees? I want to carefully put them in the amok tree when nobodies looking and see if anything happens.

Then give them to the trio. We're not equipped to handle this correctly and the tower was handled pretty poorly I think. We got too greedy and pretty well hosed up the whole trip by doing it in such a way that our success relied on looting it

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Sure, give the Light-orbs to the Trio. (whenever they arrive with the rest of the loot).

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

SniperWoreConverse posted:

come on you're voting to have us go admit that we defied the priesthood and pillaged a restricted zone like a fuckin barbarian?

I'm voting to ask a priest about some writing we saw in some ancient ruins far to the east. If he asks where we saw the writing then I fully intend to lie.

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
I want to ask Zeb about dealing with false priests. I don’t think that has anything to do with something we are keeping secret.

Bob Tuskins fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 6, 2020

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Bob Tuskins posted:

I want to ask Zeb about dealing with false priests. I don’t think that has anything to do with something we are keeping secret.

Yes, ask Zeb what we found in Karnak and how we should've acted. Corrupt priests, asking for bribes basically

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

MinistryofLard posted:

Ishamal, Amos told me that my descent into madness was inevitable, and that my only hope is that El takes mercy on me. Is this true? Is there really no hope that I can bind the eternal hunger?

Hate to be that guy but was this skipped deliberately because Ish won't answer it?

Really the big thing that came out of Amok.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
They returned the scrolls we stole from Amok didn't they? Isn't this like the same thing? About the orbs I mean.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

They returned the scrolls we stole from Amok didn't they? Isn't this like the same thing? About the orbs I mean.

The trio didn't do anything with the scrolls. We gave them to the temple and the house of El handled them. We were told that maybe they'd be returned but we don't actually know what happened to them.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Go home

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

MinistryofLard posted:

Hate to be that guy but was this skipped deliberately because Ish won't answer it?
Neither. Ishamal would give you the same answer he gave you the last time you asked him basically the same question and... you have asked him a lot of questions since you returned home from your southern trip. So we are at this moment looking over your previous chats with him to try to find it.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Mom then Danal then Home.

Orbs to the trio sounds good

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Talk to Zeb

I want to tell him about Karnak and the pattern of Nusku infiltration of Ur

He’ll take it more seriously than Tudiya

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
Go home and start forging. Give the orbs to the trio

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

No to Question-Time with Zeb

He's not going to offer us any new insights. If we wanna say Hi and make an offering or something, cool, but Question Time is just a waste.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

+1 to spending time with Danal (if he's not out of town on patrol)

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Visit Danal and Jalitha and then go home.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
Get to forgin' tout suite.

Our looted tree is likely losing potency as we delay.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Time with mom then go home.
Nikal can eat poo poo, El is #1, keep the orbs to illuminate Kavodel's temple.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Sure, give the Light-orbs to the Trio. (whenever they arrive with the rest of the loot).

This

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

So what are the orbs, anyway? What makes them special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Keep the orbs for ourselves . We stole it fair and square, screw those pretenders.