Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Zodiac5000 posted:

I legit love that what's his name is just 'any name with g', like how it's chorizo now.

Gorsuch is a good boy and we should treat him with respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

TK-42-1 posted:

Gorsuch is a good boy and we should treat him with respect.

Gargamel is a terrible person that treats people as things.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Galangal cares most for the intangible wealth that is traditional culture

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enkidel should eat Gregory.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

1000 years hence a starving Snar-El, left in the wilderness by his Father on the eve of his 16th birthday, stumbles across a curious monument. Exclaiming to Labaras in astonishment, a voice erupts in the night around him....

Enkidels Monument posted:

The Obelisk shakes angrily and says
“ANY SO FOOLISH AS TO SECOND GUESS ME SHALL KNOW MY PETULANCE. I AM ENKIDEL, KING OF KAVODEL, AND LABARAS ACTUALLY GOT A FEW THINGS WRONG, FOR EXAMPLE.....

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

alpaca diseases posted:

1000 years hence a starving Snar-El, left in the wilderness by his Father on the eve of his 16th birthday, stumbles across a curious monument. Exclaiming to Labaras in astonishment, a voice erupts in the night around him....

:emptyquote:

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I think the nephew shows great promise to see through Enkidel's web of lies at such a young age and to begin generating a web of his own. Tudiya would know if Enkidel's nephew had been altered. I'm happy for Danal and hope we can win the kid over in time. We can hardly judge someone for keeping secrets after a heroic adventure given all the NDA's Enkidel has been saddled with.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

alpaca diseases posted:

"Ishmal, who's Labaras?"

*frowns & sips*

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Have You Heard? The Terrible Cannibal King of Kavodel sampled the world for more heresy and found it wanting! Now he and his Wife-Dog have taken to the heavens in search of tastier Heresy!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Arkanomen posted:

Have You Heard? The Terrible Cannibal King of Kavodel sampled the world for more heresy and found it wanting! Now he and his Wife-Dog have taken to the heavens in search of tastier Heresy!

I love CKoK posts.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
poo poo, now I want Enkidel to make an exact duplicate to the Zepa monument but designed to do the whole "one is always truthful, one always lies" schtick.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A Terrible Person posted:

poo poo, now I want Enkidel to make an exact duplicate to the Zepa monument but designed to do the whole "one is always truthful, one always lies" schtick.

"One of us always lies, the other one never poops."

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

the_steve posted:

"One of us always lies, the other one never poops."

Zepa's Monument: "Ha! As a monument, I am incapable of defecating."

*a panel on Enkidel's monument falls open with the sound of squealing hinges. A large, wet turd slowly and ponderously rolls out in a wide arc and down the backside of the panel before plummeting unceremoniously onto the grotto floor*

Enkidel's Monument: "Believe everything that other statue says. I have no idea how to teach you."

Zepa: "You son of a..."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How can we build such a wonder when we ourselves do not know the joy of pooping?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

How can we build such a wonder when we ourselves do not know the joy of pooping?

See, this gets me thinking.

I'm wondering what it takes to modify great works. I'm wondering if Every Strike can translate smithing into automation and sculpting. Where are the boundaries, what are the limits?

But it also brings to attention Zepa's monument itself. Did Zepa make it himself? If so, why is it such a pale imitation of the Great Works of other Great Cities. Zepa claimed to be a son of Labaras, yet every great city is credited to a grandson. And, even then, some Great Works are from a prior system hinted at by Amos and Amok.

To me it looks like current Ur sits on top of at least two previously fallen empires and some sort of treaty is in place governing everything that remains in a sort of stalemate; some third parties might be working within or around the bureaucratic cracks, but everything is otherwise being left up to the Temple who won't be worried until Mt. Har is challenged. But the common folk don't know what's going on, or even that they're pawns.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 12, 2020

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

At minimum the game should last long enough for us to get a mm named snarls.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Polgas posted:

At minimum the game should last long enough for us to get a mm named snarls.

"SNARLS! You drop that right now! No not you Snarls I'm talking to Snarls who is a very bad boy if he doesn't drop that sausage for Snarls right now!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I mean... men die. We have to at least fake our death at some point

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Apropos of nothing remember when we actually successfully convinced Ishamal that we were gonna name Kavodel after him? Because I just thought about it outta nowhere and it's been like 60 years, we're due to set up a prank like that again

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Mercy 2.0: The Ishamaul!

I know, it's been done

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hey someone posted this clip of Judah's manhood trial in a totally unrelated thread

Made it pretty far if there's kadmonim & their weird bows

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

A Terrible Person posted:

But it also brings to attention Zepa's monument itself. Did Zepa make it himself? If so, why is it such a pale imitation of the Great Works of other Great Cities. Zepa claimed to be a son of Labaras, yet every great city is credited to a grandson. And, even then, some Great Works are from a prior system hinted at by Amos and Amok.

Zepa's whole shtick is to eschew grand works and opulence. He specifically went out of his way to find a cursed land of (hunger?) demons to conquer, seal away, and ignore completely in the founding myth. It's pretty telling that Zepath's creation myth is "yeah we just picked a spot out away from all the bullshit." Unless I mis-remember there's no giant monster we claim Zepa slew and founded the city upon; the dragon skull is from Tudiya way later.

It makes total sense to have his grand Ozymandias monument off somewhere else completely; the people who actually need to see it will be able to find it. It's a begrudging concession to the rules, and if you consider that it's guarded by a creature that we never actually saw but was merely hinted at, it just falls even more in line. The mere hint of the threat of his power shown only to those who need to see it to know that "yes, actually, we're pretty awesome, we just don't flaunt it," was enough for his purpose.

It would have helped if Zepa clarified the bloodline part though so we didn't write that we married our dog.

JT Jag posted:

Apropos of nothing remember when we actually successfully convinced Ishamal that we were gonna name Kavodel after him? Because I just thought about it outta nowhere and it's been like 60 years, we're due to set up a prank like that again

Ishtanbul forever :colbert:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Volmarias posted:

Zepa's whole shtick is to eschew grand works and opulence. He specifically went out of his way to find a cursed land of (hunger?) demons to conquer, seal away, and ignore completely in the founding myth. It's pretty telling that Zepath's creation myth is "yeah we just picked a spot out away from all the bullshit." Unless I mis-remember there's no giant monster we claim Zepa slew and founded the city upon; the dragon skull is from Tudiya way later.

It makes total sense to have his grand Ozymandias monument off somewhere else completely; the people who actually need to see it will be able to find it. It's a begrudging concession to the rules, and if you consider that it's guarded by a creature that we never actually saw but was merely hinted at, it just falls even more in line. The mere hint of the threat of his power shown only to those who need to see it to know that "yes, actually, we're pretty awesome, we just don't flaunt it," was enough for his purpose.

By and large correct, but Zepa definitely claims he dueled Asherah, whom the line of Zepa asserts to have been the bride of Asherak. If you believe the founding myth, Zepa cast her into the sea.

I'm not sure how well known that specific part is, though.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Volmarias posted:

It would have helped if Zepa clarified the bloodline part though so we didn't write that we married our dog.

Ishtanbul forever :colbert:

The massive monster our mythical founder killed (ok technically just drove back IIRC) is, uh, Asherak/Asherah/one of those big fish. That's who used to live here, that's who's rear end Zepa kicked, and because he kicked the rear end of the biggest baddest sea demon imaginable that was achievement enough and he spent the next 1,000 years loving his wives and enjoying his cabin in the woods away from his rear end in a top hat brothers instead of participating in the dick-measuring Great Work contest. Also Zepath's a melachim listening post built to quietly keep an eye on the sea, so it's probably kept intentionally small and quiet and unremarkable to avoid drawing too much attention.

E: Beaten

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Volmarias posted:

This is why Gordo came back really not liking us and our ways.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

We should forge one of those chain segments we can apparently make. Then make a bet with Tudiya. If he can't break the chain, then Danal is made king instead of us, but we still get to peek into the kingly records. If he can, then we are a mushroom until the next Jubilee.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Taking a strength bet against Enkidel is the path of fools, and Tudiya aint no fool.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We uh....gonna forget about the literal hunger demon nest under Zepath thats contained by a gargantuan well/wall of human bones?

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Also Zepa didn’t go up the mountain. He made a deal to peace out and guarantee special rules for his domain.

House of Zepa!

Arkanomen posted:

We uh....gonna forget about the literal hunger demon nest under Zepath thats contained by a gargantuan well/wall of human bones?

Allegedly.

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 12, 2020

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Boonoo posted:

Also Zepa didn’t go up the mountain. He made a deal to peace out and guarantee special rules for his domain.

House of Zepa!

I bet the hunger demon under Zepath is Zepa after burning all his [???] to contain Asherah and is there as one last FU if she crawls up and takes Zepath.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

they were hate demons actually!

maybe they were also hungry though

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

SerSpook posted:

they were hate demons actually!

maybe they were also hungry though

Wait there are other types of demons based on strong emotions.....so does that mean Enkidel becomes a curiosity demon?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Arkanomen posted:

Wait there are other types of demons based on strong emotions.....so does that mean Enkidel becomes a curiosity demon?

we had an overwhelming sense that the demons hated us, i think they were also weird glowing things rather than the typical hunger demon we've seen?

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Praise Be! A New devoted follower / possible future witch has been born this day, elevating me to the status of 2dad!
:)

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Voting for Enkidel to eat the buried demons.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Arkanomen posted:

I bet the hunger demon under Zepath is Zepa after burning all his [???] to contain Asherah and is there as one last FU if she crawls up and takes Zepath.

I think it was something else. Some other type of demon—since not all (probably not most) demons are hunger demons. I think hunger demons are really rare, and that most of the big D Demons like Fare and Asherah are just Melachim that turned from El/went Evil. They’re not hunger demons, though.

I feel like Amok was pretty clear that Nephilim are very different than Melachim and humans since we’re immortal in a way they’re not. I wonder if when Melachim exhaust [???] They just wink out of existence. It’d explain why some turn to extreme measures to stay “alive.”

I bet the demons under Zepath were just related to Asherah/k in some fashion.

My running theory is that Labaras was a nephilim that pledged himself to El to bind the eternal hunger in himself and all of his descendants. So Zepa was a half Nephilim—quarter melachim—and bloodedness is just that trace of melachim blood.

(And we’re of Zepa’s line because the same Melachim that begat Labaras begat us. So we’re Labaras’ half brother, and Zepa’s uncle. Making triple dad also our nephew and our wife our sister, step-sister, and some kind of cousin?)

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Praise Be! A New devoted follower / possible future witch has been born this day, elevating me to the status of 2dad!

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Grimey Drawer

Whoa!! Congrats!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Congrats!