Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Ceiling Fan
Aug 18, 2018

Brain Candy posted:

If it comes down to it we should split with Zepath. I don't think this problem is going to go away, and I'd like you to recall that we're probably the most conversvative voice in Kavodel with respect to intervention.

Not feasible at our current powerlevel. Maybe in another hundred years. Enkidel needs to be at least Tudiya level, and the Kavodel Mighty Men need to at least match the Zepath Mighty Men before we can think about this. Until then this will just lead to getting our rear end kicked, or possibly a game over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Crazycryodude posted:

The ZMM would never sink as low as doing murders and any of their shithead family members who try would rightfully be considered murderers by Tudiya and get no sympathy. They can't demand poo poo about the governance of Kavodel, they're the Zepathan Mighty Men not the Kavodelian Mighty Men. Nobody's going to leave for Baitel, they're so far up their own asses about Zepathan Traditions and this being their birthright and bla bla bla that they'd try to murder us (which they never would try) before they decided to give up and leave it entirely in the clutches of that thing.

Maybe if they get truly deeply desperate someone will challenge either us or Tudiya (probably us) to a duel, but they would most assuredly lose and they know it too so I don't know what they could hope to gain. The hypothetical duel probably doesn't even have to end with the poor bastard's death, we beat Samson by chucking him out of bounds, his death is entirely on his own head for then running off to commit suicide-by-Tent-Demon because he couldn't stomach the loss.

Some dude nailed a family into their house and burned them to death. They're not bullshitting. They're willing to murder and I don't think that's changed.

Kavodel is subservient to Zepath and we have the same king. Doing J makes us look like a drat moron at best or actively working to undermine Zepath and weaken it for demons, which is an actual concern.

If we do the straw that breaks the camel's back, it's gonna make us look unfit to magistrate. If dad doesn't fix it by putting some hardliner in the chair, then it makes HIM unfit to be king.

It is entirely worth it to straight up die killing an unfit king, because it has a chance to save the city, and an unfit king is 100% a game over.

So eventually if we keep loving around we're looking at losing the chair. If we say no dad beats our rear end and we still lose the chair. No chair means slavery is back and all our advances are dumpster'd.

If dad says "no Enkidel stays" then Zepath loses mighty men who are critically needed for not only the city, but the region. They don't care about poo poo maybe, but without them Zepath becomes a much less thorny target, and if it falls, well. If they are so far convinced that they somehow tag team pops and win, we're hosed, Zepath is hosed, Kavodel us hosed, maybe Ur is hosed.

We're lucky losing all those insane melachim worshippers didn't gently caress us. Would them being around still when Ibleam or Tannach got rekt have made a difference? Maybe, that one dude had a goddamn lightning sword. If they had been not schismatic and doing evil sorcery who knows?

Butt Discussin posted:

One way to get away with arming Dor is to arm Zepath *more* with gigantic piles of bronze and high silver, paid for by selling mysteriously sourced low quality blooded bronze if necessary. Turns out we’re just even richer and more generous than they imagined, no problems here!

Maybe something like this could work? Idk, but I think j is a serious mistake.

Brain Candy posted:

If it comes down to it we should split with Zepath. I don't think this problem is going to go away, and I'd like you to recall that we're probably the most conversvative voice in Kavodel with respect to intervention.

I can't agree. We have a holy obligation to protect the temple now, and we're nowhere near as strong as dad. This is a non-starter just on pragmatic reasons.

A Ceiling Fan posted:

Not feasible at our current powerlevel. Maybe in another hundred years. Enkidel needs to be at least Tudiya level, and the Kavodel Mighty Men need to at least match the Zepath Mighty Men before we can think about this. Until then this will just lead to getting our rear end kicked, or possibly a game over.

Exactly.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Change from AZ to OO

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
can't remember what I was, but two votes that aren't relevant now, I believe (I think Ic and L) to JJ

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I can't agree. We have a holy obligation to protect the temple now, and we're nowhere near as strong as dad. This is a non-starter just on pragmatic reasons.

The ZMM and the King have made it very clear that they are not going to protect the temple or help us if Kavodel is invaded. I don't see how an amiable split changes the military situation at all (except making us even more anti-interventionist lmao).

More importantly, if a split happens it's not going to be because the squirrels start it. It's gonna happen because the people of Kavodel, including Uriah, Gareb and others pressure us. By aiding Dor we're doing something that the people of Kavodel favor.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A Ceiling Fan posted:

Like I've said a dozen times before: The best move is to wait until Tudiya decides to step down and King us.
Once he does that, give him a year or so to get some distance and enjoy his retirement, then we declare Kavodel to be it's own city independent of Zepath, declare ourselves King of Kavodel, and then hand the Zepathan throne over to Danal or somebody else who would be good for the job.

In the meantime, seeing as how we get stronger just by hanging out at home, we can grind levels while also building up a literal arsenal of Blooded Bronze gear and Eagle Arrows and whatever else we come up with while forging.
If we keep at it, we should theoretically be able to crank out Better Eagle Arrows at the same rate we can currently crank out low level Blooded Bronze as our skill improves.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
No amount of arms or armor can save Dor or any of the satellite cities (including Kavodel) if a direct attack by something powerful occurs.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

A Terrible Person posted:

No amount of arms or armor can save Dor or any of the satellite cities (including Kavodel) if a direct attack by something powerful occurs.

They can sure as heck make them pay more blood for it though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

A Terrible Person posted:

Every last person who fights to the last and takes fish demons with them is one less live captive for them to extract [???] from in order to fuel their magic.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

JT Jag posted:

Every last person who fights to the last and takes fish demons with them is one less live captive for them to extract [???] from in order to fuel their magic.

Yep, basically, are you gonna help the fishmen gobble up more souls because you're afraid.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this is a fallacy cause you're assuming better gear = more likely to not get captured and instead die in a blaze of glory. imo glory blazes come from within, not without.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Better gear makes the exchange rate on the blaze of glory come out more favorable, though, and the indirect benefits like higher morale can inspire a higher blaze of glory incidence rate.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Perhaps just the act of receiving aid from their powerful patron to be used in a time of need will provide more than just the material arms and armor

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Reiterate asking Ishamal and the PtB if taking a living demon all the way to Baitel would expose ur to...danger as we know Asherah can see through its minions.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Victis posted:

Perhaps just the act of receiving aid from their powerful patron to be used in a time of need will provide more than just the material arms and armor

El will only be pleased with them if they've been GETTING RESULTS? I don't know. The dude has a light hand and a heavy hand sometimes.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Arkanomen posted:

Reiterate asking Ishamal and the PtB if taking a living demon all the way to Baitel would expose ur to...danger as we know Asherah can see through its minions.

I support this. Purely as a hypothetical like Ish what if i somehow in some way did the minotaur trip but with a demon. I don't know how well ash can see through its demons tho, we don't really know anything about that thing i guess.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

El will only be pleased with them if they've been GETTING RESULTS? I don't know. The dude has a light hand and a heavy hand sometimes.

El likes dead demons, maximizing the number of dead demons in the world seems like a decent guiding principle absent other concerns

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah but the argument is "maybe provide more than just the material arms and armor" and that poo poo is out of scope for us no way to know that

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

this is a fallacy cause you're assuming better gear = more likely to not get captured and instead die in a blaze of glory. imo glory blazes come from within, not without.

Okay, so hear me out here. El, who knows our heart, decided to give us a magic hammer to teach us the forge. Our teacher that laughs joyously when told of the slaugher we wrought on the Bnaimokt after we made a 'heretical' weapon.

Do not forget that despite what Danal thought, El did send aid to Acco. That the city would have fallen if not for a mysterous hero appearing. That said hero aided us despite obvious dislike. That we received to a boon for Ruth not just for what we have done, but for also what we will do. That we were sent a dream to tell us of Labaras, who saw what society was and knew it was wrong.

In seven years, the enemies of El will come for the servants of El in Dor. We can make thousands of spears for thousands of devout hearts. You would not make them because you fear the consequences? You should fear the consequences if we do not make them, you who would turn to the gardens instead of the forge.

Is Amos not still waiting for a hint of what El desires? Is he not still deceived? Can you truly be a servant of El if you would risk nothing?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
3. Changing from NN to JJ

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

JT Jag posted:

Changing my A and defunct C vote to JJ

Was updating the count and noticed you actually voted BHL for 3 and ACLLLL for 2. Might wanna re-check your options and see if you didn't accidentally vote for the wrong question somewhere?

JT Jag posted:

GreyjoyBastard posted:

1. EEGGM, ish and smith time are always great now but I want to improve ties to our satellite cities.
2. BHL, shoring up our neighbors is good, the tower network that incidentally protects Dor will cost fewer dadpoints than building one for Acco, and I care more about preserving Dor but am fine with shipping some aid to Acco.
Cosign.

Vote count updated up till John Lee's vote. Also added a tab that shows which options are winning - should make your life slightly easier Diogines.
Vote count

Lanky Coconut Tree fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 22, 2020

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Changing my question 3 vote from A, Ib to A, O

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Was updating the count and noticed you actually voted BHL for 3 and ACLLLL for 2. Might wanna re-check your options and see if you didn't accidentally vote for the wrong question somewhere?
Sorry, seems I misread it. Just move whatever defunct votes I had to supporting Dor, I'm not sure which letter combination that would be.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

3: BJK Changed to 3: AJ

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
3: OO

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

JT Jag posted:

Citation needed, especially considering we saw people’s blue stuff getting vacuumed up regardless of when they died in Tanaach

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Because Labaras has to re-up his contract with El during the Jubilee, anyone who dies during it is free game, which is why war was supposed to stop during the Jubilee, so anyone who dies is free ??? for whoever can claim it.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
From AZ to AO

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Voting to Eat Everyone, and also to Attack and Dethrone and Eat "El"

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Here’s the count for the building options if folks don’t want to check the spreadsheet.

A 36
J 32
O 21 (maybe up to 24 with the votes that have popped up since)
G 14

Looks like G is dead. O still has a shot at pushing out J.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
3) NN to JJ

The longer we can keep the buffer city fine people of Dor alive, the better chance we have at not being completly cut off from the outside world. Also, maybe if Kavodel (AKA Enkidel's Claimed City) does enough to help Dor we'll start getting magical muscle wizard points from them, too.

Also, we've got a jubilee coming up and demons to fight I'm not voting for quality of life infrastructure that may also allow entrance to the city through a subterranean sewer system.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Task Manager posted:

3) NN to JJ

The longer we can keep the buffer city fine people of Dor alive, the better chance we have at not being completly cut off from the outside world. Also, maybe if Kavodel (AKA Enkidel's Claimed City) does enough to help Dor we'll start getting magical muscle wizard points from them, too.

Also, we've got a jubilee coming up and demons to fight I'm not voting for quality of life infrastructure that may also allow entrance to the city through a subterranean sewer system.

Wait wait wait... If we get a sewer system we can have a sewer witch...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Arkanomen posted:

How do you plan to ask your Conspiracy Theory a question to an answer? We don't know how to process that. As to the other part...

Arkanomen posted:

Reiterate asking Ishamal and the PtB if taking a living demon all the way to Baitel would expose ur to...danger as we know Asherah can see through its minions.[/b]
You ask Ishamal, if, hypothetically, you were to try to transport a captive demon to Baitel if it would expose Ur and ask if Asherah can see through its minion.

After a moments contemplation he asks "How hypothetically do you mean?"

Just, hypothetically.

Ishamal says "Then I would say hypothetically, if you go to the coast you are not coming away from there so its moot."

If, hypothetically you sent others to capture a demon?

Frowning slightly he says "Then I would say don't worry about the dangers it may pose contacting other demons, if it even could, I would instead worry of the myriad of ways it might escape, to say nothing of the risk of it meddling with the minds of those who try to drag it across the world. Your father worries about them tampering with the minds of others above all else and he is wise to do so because the threat is very real. If the hammer can't help you build something to deal with that, then you would be mad to try."

You don't seriously expect Every-Strike to be much help there, after all Every-Strike has been very clear on the fact that it won't help you design things, but you had some ideas for sort a big... box with VERY VERY thick walls and latches to close one side, then maybe a smaller box connected to that side which you could put food into, if you had to feed it? And that is just making big, very thick plates of Blooded Bronze, which Every-Strike can certainly help with. Still, you ask the hammer, can it help you make a cage for a demon, something which would deal with their ability to tamper with the minds of men?

"Sure!"

What, really?

"Yes!"

But I don't know how to do that...

"Yes you do!"

...you are pretty sure you do not. In fact you have no idea how. But Every-Strike says you do? Maybe like how it helped you make an Eagle Arrow because it said that you knew how... even if you didn't? You try to get more details out of the hammer and it explains that...

"It would not be foolproof and it would not work against all Abominable Things, but it would probably work against anything you can manage to cram into a box though! Praise Be to the Eternal One that their loyal servants slaughter and bind Unclean Things and rejoice in..."

Diogines fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 22, 2020

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
fuckin sweet we need to make the mystery box

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I mean the idea of building a bronze fleshcart to drag demons around in does appeal.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I'm definitely down to build the box, just not at this specific moment in time. Circle back in a few decades when our dudes are swoler and more tooled up and we've trained smithing/mystical abilities some more and reevaluate imo.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i guess it makes sense we know how to do this, it's just mystically suppressing demons and we did that too gebek

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ok, I'm down for plan Demon Wrangling... but I think it'd be best to do it post-Jubilee, when some Donut cities get taken out this time carting one of the demons responsible straight to Baital might have a bigger impact. A pilgrimmage then will give us a good idea of how things are going for other cities and what our approximate timeline is before we get cut off.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

so uhhh... if we can make a box that suppresses a demon, can we make weapons that do this? arrows? swords? javelins? what about helmets that protect people from being demon influenced?

do we actually have our anti-demon smith tree unlocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

SerSpook posted:

so uhhh... if we can make a box that suppresses a demon, can we make weapons that do this? arrows? swords? javelins? what about helmets that protect people from being demon influenced?

"You must supply the design of anything we make together!"

Can you help me make something like that?

"I cannot."