Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Outrail posted:

Except we are not a literal servant of El. And we got that well stamp by doing what we do. So we keep doing what we do until the well tells us to knock it off.

Yeah, lets piss off the house of El! Lets ask the guy who made up the vision about going to kavodel how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

Zeroisanumber posted:

I want the plan to be to hit Baitel and to keep our accomplishments just barely under a divine level. Just come in extremely hot and sacrifice a demon and be throwing gold around and fight expressly for the Glory of El in the collosseum with Uriah as our partner and be talking about the invasions of the demons near Zepath every Jubilee. Just make ourselves extremely loud and unignorable. Make the king and the Temple actually deal with us as a serious player.

This is the way to do it, I'd say.

Don't forget to feast.

and feast.

AND EAT.

-just barely- under a recognizably divine level.

Just a rad dude, doing rad things.

like EATING.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'd rather devote this huge chunk of time to buffing our dudes with better leadership and equipment before we go about making grand plans.

This plan is the equivalent of playing a Bioware RPG and skipping right to the siege fight without getting all of the possible upgrades for your troops and fortifications and such.

If we do go forward with plan "Mobile Sea World but the Sea is Just Demons", I think it is much more likely to succeed and do so more spectacularly if we up our quality and quantity Ball Training and smithing output and outfit at least every ball in full BBRONZE Panoply before enacting it.

Our dudes are more likely to succeed in grabbing the demon and keeping it under lock and key for the trip. The guys staying home are better able to defend the place with a smaller garrison. The quality of the cage and such is more likely withstand the nasty critter. Plus when they arrive in Baitel, the whole El drat crew will be decked out in Obviously High End Gear for the procession, even more so if the Demon Snatcher Crew gets crazy nice matching engraved stuff.

If we're doing this, we do it right, and we go Full Enkidel.

"Oh hi Officer! Nice to be in Baitel again. We're here on a pilgrimage from the coast. Wife shopping, see the Temple, old folks dying in the mountainside and whatnot. These 18 super-elite warriors in gleaming holy armor carrying blessed weapons of yore? Honor guard. Plus they're keeping an eye on this incredibly conspicuous giant metal cube which serves as the mobile prison of a horrible demon from the depths of the sea. Present for El. *kicks box which then rattles violently*. Oh boy he sure is mad! Well, not for long he's not. Off to the Temple!"

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Did we ask the hammer if we can make Tudiya's weightless shield?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

TheCog posted:

Yeah, lets piss off the house of El! Lets ask the guy who made up the vision about going to kavodel how that goes.

House of El isn't El. gently caress the system let's carve out a donut empire

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Outrail posted:

Yeah! There's no way they'd disappear us for being too disruptive! Look at Barkoff and his donut empire!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

That's the threat that we bring to Baitel. Enkidel will literally break the chains of every slave within a month's journey of Zepath and bring an army against the demons of the Mountains and Sea.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Zeroisanumber posted:

That's the threat that we bring to Baitel. Enkidel will literally break the chains of every slave within a month's journey of Zepath and bring an army against the demons of the Mountains and Sea.

:enkidel: SORRY KIDS I HAVE TO GO NOW, MY HOME PLANET NEEDS ME

Enkidel died on his way to his home planet.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Volmarias posted:

:enkidel: SORRY KIDS I HAVE TO GO NOW, MY HOME PLANET NEEDS ME

Enkidel died on his way to his home planet.

Enkidel should eat his home planet.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

When Asahel returns with Marnal's Mercy we should learn and study their decades long donut campaign to create a better group that can survive and thrive in a donut in the midst of falling to demonic invasion.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
Would we know about imbuing weapons with electricity?

Having become, y'know, deeply and intimately acquainted with such weaponry in the past. Could be super handy against the fishies, electric arrows, lightning strikes from afar with a dedicated FishKiller weapon we potentially make in the future..

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

The most Enkidel weapon we could make would be weaponized curiosity.

Everystrike, is it possible to make a Blooded Bronze hoop that we frisbee over something's noggin, which then shrinks down around it's neck and places it into time dilation wherein it experiences every permutation of every question that can be concieved by us in every language we know?

It shall be...:question: The Inquisitorc! :question:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

That Spooky Witch posted:

Would we know about imbuing weapons with electricity?

Having become, y'know, deeply and intimately acquainted with such weaponry in the past. Could be super handy against the fishies, electric arrows, lightning strikes from afar with a dedicated FishKiller weapon we potentially make in the future..

Doubtful, since we never actually made such a weapon

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Given I actually think I am the source of plan Demon in Box during my half drunken ramblings on Discord, I am submitting a smithing vote of:

RRRRRR

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

TheCog posted:

Except we've already been told not to talk about the invasions the way we did on our trip lest we be mistaken for a messenger of El , so that plan is kind of out.
We're not going to be mistaken for a messenger from El in Baitel, though. They have people stronger and more blooded than us. The issue is in places further towards the interior than Acco and Dor - not quite the donut, but still places where we could beat their king in single combat using only our pinky finger.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
we simply march the demon to the slopes of the holy mountain, and everyone who asks what the gently caress we think we're doing we tell them the truth: that we've captured a live demon and are bringing it to El directly for sacrifice.

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

the_steve posted:

Doubtful, since we never actually made such a weapon

I was doubtful we'd know how to make a demonbox!

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

pumpinglemma posted:

We're not going to be mistaken for a messenger from El in Baitel, though. They have people stronger and more blooded than us. The issue is in places further towards the interior than Acco and Dor - not quite the donut, but still places where we could beat their king in single combat using only our pinky finger.

That's not necessarily true.

Baitel and its surrounding Great Cities could easily be shaken up if we presented them with a monster that is beyond their expected capability and experience and then insisted that what we brought was merely the weakest they could expect to contend with if the ocean pressed further inward with a dedicated attack.

We would come with proof that entire cities have not only been conquered but also poisoned, besieged, and taken over as outposts in an initial offensive. And with warning that horrors the size of mountains would follow in the wake of things the likes of which we bring to show: gibbering masses that grow stronger with the deaths of their compatriots; demons that can cause entire towns-worth of mighty defenders to fall dead and lifeless without even coming near enough for them to fight back; horrors that appear to be repelled by El's Will, but only temporarily before swelling forth like a massive inexorable tide.

We brought a minotaur once with a message of pride for ourself and Zepath.

We will next bring a monstrosity along with a message that it's fearsome abilities, much as the minotaur compared to it, are nothing compared to what is coming. And that what follows may itself be a shadow compared to what will come next.

A heart full of El protects and preserves. But El will not save those who simply wait for rescue and do nothing to prepare.

*The method itself is cowardly and disgraceful, though

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Sep 25, 2020

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

That message is probably too much to be allowed. We'd definitely get rebuked by the church for it. But I really do enjoy the image of Enkidel rolling up with a giant mystery box that howls in anger if you slap the sides.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

That Spooky Witch posted:

I was doubtful we'd know how to make a demonbox!

Except that we have made a device to contain demons before, even if we were in a divine fugue state.
We have never crafted any sort of weapon with elemental damage, other than whatever the Eagle Arrow qualifies as.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
*Enkidel slaps top of demon box*

This thing can hold so much blue stuff!

*gets disappeared*

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
What if we build this super demon box and then Jael shows up, tells us sorry, pushes us in, then slams the lid and this was all a set up to put us in melachim jail.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Arkanomen posted:

What if we build this super demon box and then Jael shows up, tells us sorry, pushes us in, then slams the lid and this was all a set up to put us in melachim jail.

Jael: "You crafted your own prison. Sorry"

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Arkanomen posted:

They would never do that.

Instead he'll show up and explain that it's really for the best of everyone if we chose to get in and lock the door behind us, or bad things (which we can't tell you about) will happen to people we care about.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Simply vote to eat the cage from the inside out, not hard

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Instead he'll show up and explain that it's really for the best of everyone if we chose to get in and lock the door behind us, or bad things (which we can't tell you about) will happen to people we care about.ups

Frankly, they have to have gotten smarter at this point.

Enkidel will be about to make the final strike on completing *whatever* when Jael shows Pup and says he has something to offer relevant to our work but can't say what. Enkidel gives chase for hours, Jael apologetically answers that he was forced, forced to offer us failure. Our ten year project, meanwhile, turns to poo poo because we didn't follow the rituals exactly.

Enkidel still produces a mastercraft whatever, but it lacks any supernatural buffs.

We are oblivious as to how this honors El.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Instead he'll show up and explain that it's really for the best of everyone if we chose to get in and lock the door behind us, or bad things (which we can't tell you about) will happen to people we care about.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

All the more reason that building a Demon Box is a bad idea and we should instead do good ideas.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Question for Avery: Can we make a box that would contain us, or something like us?

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Make a big ole BB box, put a ribbon on it and tag it in Enkidel's alphabet: Don't Open Till The Jubilee

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enkidel should eat Jael.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Tsyni posted:

Question for Avery: Can we make a box that would contain us, or something like us?

This is a good one. I'd be down for a "Plan B Box" for if Enkidel becomes dangerous.

Well.
More dangerous.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

A lot of our el gear has zero presence right? Maybe we can create a bb box without presence as some sort of bootleg laurels. It won't work for Enkidel but when the balls go on hunting trips Uriah and the heavy hitters can hide inside so the eventual encounter rating will be lower and not only will casualties be lower but the demon they are fighting might be weak enough to capture and they just dump it inside the box.

Invent an upper caste of immortal beings that are regularly entombed.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 25, 2020

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Have you heard? The Cannibal King's Captain forces his Mighty Men to carry him in a bronze palanquin!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

John_A_Tallon posted:

This is a good one. I'd be down for a "Plan B Box" for if Enkidel becomes dangerous.

Well.
More dangerous.

Actually I was imagining tossing Amos in one, or Fare depending on his race. Maybe some other sleeping nephilim we find. Toss them in the box and then collect their loot. Then down the orm hole they go.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Have you heard? The Cannibal King's Captain forces his Mighty Men to carry him in a bronze palanquin!

That would actually make him seem more normal and relatable to Donut nobles.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
That would actually be a hilarious method for recruiting donut cities.

"I bring you those nearby Kings who didn't heed our warnings!" *proceeds to unscrew massive stoppers on huge clay casks, resulting in an outflow of steamy, billowing clouds from the dry ice within*

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Sep 25, 2020

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Polgas posted:

A lot of our el gear has zero presence right? Maybe we can create a bb box without presence as some sort of bootleg laurels. It won't work for Enkidel but when the balls go on hunting trips Uriah and the heavy hitters can hide inside so the eventual encounter rating will be lower and not only will casualties be lower but the demon they are fighting might be weak enough to capture and they just dump it inside the box.

Invent an upper caste of immortal beings that are regularly entombed.

I have a feeling Amok's coffin may have this property or someone would have found him sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Blasphemaster posted:

The most Enkidel weapon we could make would be weaponized curiosity.

Everystrike, is it possible to make a Blooded Bronze hoop that we frisbee over something's noggin, which then shrinks down around it's neck and places it into time dilation wherein it experiences every permutation of every question that can be concieved by us in every language we know?

It shall be...:question: The Inquisitorc! :question:

Just have it shrink smaller and smaller the more questions we ask that aren't answered. Starts with a headache and ends with an 'eadbang if we don't get our answers.

Also if we make the box and Jael shows up we should trick him into it and then bring him to Baitel.

"Oi Smattas, your lackey is a moron!"