Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

Nah, I'm with you on thinking that meeting in whatever Academy or whatnot that we turn the Palace into is cool. But it's not that thing yet. And who knows when it will be? Especially if we start cementing it as our diplomatic embassy.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think it's hard to make changes to decisions we've made, and I think that there aren't really many people who want to keep it as a palace. I think A is acceptable as a vote though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
I vote we turn the throne room into a heavily armored room with only one entrance that we control from the inside.

We get really thick stone walls, furnish it with the bare necessities to last us and our closest family, say...a year or so.

You know, a proper panic room.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mighty Man Cave

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Turn the throne room into one of those half furnished event halls like from a hotel. The decorations are mostly paper (although I guess that's a bit of a flex with how our technology works). There's cookies and punch by the door. That will give visiting dignitaries and dognitaries the right expectations

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

So why should we do anything other than show them exactly who we are and what we stand for? Doing diplomacy in a palace is only going to encourage Donut people because it shows we are like them.

The revolving doors of motherfuckers are already here. There's like 15 options. They need to know when they step in what we are like. A palace is not it.

And you think they won’t be encouraged by what they’re likely to see as “The incredible honour of an intimate meeting in the esteemed Kings own home!!’ ?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I'm thinking we have a nice art hall in the academy full of paintings and sculptures of various glories of Enkidel and the Kavodelians.

Would be a good place to meet envoys

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 23, 2024

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

FoxTerrier posted:

Yall always overthink things. Just ditch the throne and keep the throne room as a nice large, open receiving area. Install some nice benches, a beer cooler, and a massive dog bed for pizzaz. Bam, done.

This

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
changing my 1. vote to formally purpose we repurpose the palace as a civic centre with library, university, and meeting rooms for ambassadors etc

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I was going to suggest turning the throne room into our new smithy but I just remembered we'd get more power out of it if we built it from scratch Primitive Technology style.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

super sweet best pal posted:

I was going to suggest turning the throne room into our new smithy but I just remembered we'd get more power out of it if we built it from scratch Primitive Technology style.

we even have a whole lot of preserved demon bits from Zepath courtesy of Puabi that our magic talking hammer is excited to get to for forge setup

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
1. A
2. L
3. R

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. Changing from A back to B

I have never changed my vote twice before, feels a bit extravagant. I was initially won over by Theglavwen's point that we'd never meet ordinary Zepathans in a palace and shouldn't treat foreign emissaries like fancy lads. Then I thought about it more and with our planned growth and eventual integration of so many people, we really do need a civic center instead of a constant line of people outside our house like it's a court, otherwise we just turn our house into a new palace. I'd say meet dignitaries in the palace, and also steadily turn that into where we meet anyone with civic issues you can't just handle in the market.

Canasta_Nasty fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 25, 2024

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
I feel like the vote for 1 is ballooning - or that I'm confused about the scope of 1. Seems like there's a difference between 'Where do you meet diplomats (given the current state of things)' and 'Where do you meet diplomats (generally speaking and in the future)'. I'd endorse the idea of meeting them in a combined civic-center/academy/library etc., if that's what we end up with in the future. I just don't like voting for the Palace now given that it's currently not that place and is instead a fancy elitist wank bunker that might never actually even turn into that place.

I do like the vision though.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

It is unlikely we will have an update for 7 to 10sh+ days. Not impossible, but unlikely. So if anyone wants to do a little spinoff there is no time like the present! A Life Thing came up which has destroyed my normal schedule.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

It is unlikely we will have an update for 7 to 10sh+ days. Not impossible, but unlikely. So if anyone wants to do a little spinoff there is no time like the present! A Life Thing came up which has destroyed my normal schedule.

Hope it's nothing serious, and if it is, sorry to hear it. Take your time, we'll be here when you're taken care of.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am personally fine, someone else has an issue and helping them with it has obliterated my normal routine.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Hammer slams with rhythmic precision as the mighty blacksmith poured all his skill and knowledge into creating the perfect sword. Each strike of the hammer shape its form towards greater symmetry of the ultimate blade as its metal sang out the symphonic preamble of sparks and heat to the legendary tale that it destine to awe the world!

Alas, such perfect sword will takes another 198 years of refinement and improvement to completion, nor is it ready to begin its prequel story.

Outside the forge of the blacksmith shop sat the blacksmith’s wife, she is a diligent woman who not only help run her husband business, but also handcrafting various daily necessities from the leftover materials of her husband’s forge to help ends meet. From headwear to clay tablet, she makes and sell what she could to help her husband fulfill his dream of making the “Perfect” sword that would fill the world in awe. Surely it won’t take too long after all those expensive ingredients required by their family’s ancient secret recipe are assembled! Their family name will shine throughout the land on the day that mythical sword is born, their children shall smith demon with ease, and ascend as heroes of the land! They have both poured too much into the creation of this sword to back out now!

“Madam Smiwe, do you have a sandal for sale?” A slightly dishevel, mighty man of less than average height inquired.

Smiwe find this man familiar, yet can’t recall his name, but made a quick verdict in her mind that this man has little money from his rough clothing; his bare feet with little dirt indicates he lost his shoe only for a short while or left his home in a hurry.

A business greeting smiles accompany her reply. “Why certainly, I just happen to have a fine sandal about your size. It would be 2 silver.” Regardless of how the customer may appear, a smile is what they deserve for paying her merchandise.

“Do you something cheaper? A used or refurbished sandal perhaps?” The man asked with embarrassment to the faltering smile of the blacksmith wife. In her mind, she is already screaming at the imprudent man that clearly never brought a sandal himself in life! Who would patch up someone broken sandal to sell it? Does her husband’s shop looked so low-down that she would need to rework someone’s used shoe to make a living?

“We don’t sell used item here!” She declare proud and righteously as if to defend the honor of her husband shop. However, a thought suddenly occur to her, and her business smile swift return. “I do have a… sandal that was made with a faulty material.”

“Faulty?” The man inquired.

Nodding in respond, Smiwe explains: “My husband brought back rare and exotic material occasionally, and there is this shiny looking reef that was harder than anything I ever felt, which I figure it would make for an exquisite and firm sandal, but the more I bend it in the weaving process, the softer it become, and by the time the sandal is finished, it’s… mostly soft, but still rigid enough to be usable...”

“How much is it?” The man inquired to the surprise of the blacksmith’s wife, he explains, “As long it’s can last long enough for me to reach the next nearest city.”

“Most certainly, let me bring it out from the backroom.” The blacksmith’s wife answered in hurry before rushing to the junk discard pile in the house to seek out the failed product, wiping it clean and present it to the man as new for a “quarter silver.”

Just as the transaction completed with exchanged wealth and good, a loud laugher interjected both parties with the arrival of three mighty men of great stature staring mockingly at the man who purchased the sandal.

“Hahahaha! To think that pitiful Shomel has fallen so low to purchase faulty shoe! What would father think of you if he were to see you in such state!”

The friendly face of Shomel instantly creased into a hostile expression as he retort. “What do you want, Badgu? I have given up everything and willing to leave this place forever!”

“Leave?” A sneer grew on Badgu’s expression as his followers’ sniggers for the good show to come. “Just because a weakling like you wrote a farewell letter and you think you can sever all relation with father?” Disdainful laughter erupts from Badgu’s group before their leader continues, “Not only was our father enraged by your foolish action, but your entire existence as a failure of a mighty man have finally pushed father to make the great decision that he should had done 40 years ago: To disown your useless unblooded mother and sell you two off as slave to pay back all the family resource wasted to nurture you ungrateful whelp!”

An incredulous look of disbelieve fall on Shomel’s face before replacing with thunderously anger. “You can’t do that!”

“Why not?” Badgu challenged imposingly with distain as he pull out his mighty double-side axe while stepping forward. “Father’s word is the law and no one in this city need a useless mighty man that can’t even master a single mighty word!” Flipping to the blunt side of the axe, Badgu swings it like a club with intent to bash Shomel off the street in one swoop incapacitating strike.

Shomel have no time nor the mighty reflex to dodge this powerful strike from a greater peer, all he could do is hardens the cheap soft-shoe in hand to brace himself for the mighty impact to come.

You are the surviving ??????? material of ???????? of !?$##%?^, currently repurposed into the form of a sandal at awful quality.
Structural Integrity: 24
Remnant Power: 42
Status: Received hardening command, host in danger. Combat Mode activates.

A) Retrofit sandal into glove form; imbue great martial prowess and knowledge to host. (Power Cost: 4 per hour)
B) Remain in sandal form and treat host arm as legs; imbue high degree of movement and leg-combat capability to all legs. (Power Cost: 2 per hour)
C) Absolute Stillness: Prevent host from being push or moved with equivalent counter-force. (Power Cost: Estimate 0 to 1 per incoming non-lethal axe strike)
D) Conserve power, let host handle this strike with hardening. Likely to suffer structural integrity cost along with minor injury to host.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nyaa is in charge now, take the wheel Nyaa!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
C

:allears:

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
D. Let’s see what our host is made of

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Our host is simply just a host and not worth further consideration. However, we have been attacked by a primate. A grave insult that must be addressed appropriately.

A: Maximum violence

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

C

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Outrail posted:

Our host is simply just a host and not worth further consideration. However, we have been attacked by a primate. A grave insult that must be addressed appropriately.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

C

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Outrail posted:

While dealing with this threat shouldn’t take more than a few minutes every ounce of battery is critical. We don’t yet know how to replenish.

We shouldn’t waste it so freely.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I think B may actually end up being the most efficient if they don't give up quickly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Amazing

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

unimportantguy posted:

I think B may actually end up being the most efficient if they don't give up quickly.

Seriously.

Badgu and his relatives are about to find out what it's like to be kicked with a fist!

*Edit* Also stoked for Nyaa's perspective on where this might lead. Love their posting.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 27, 2024

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
A

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Become Cat

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

A.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Car Hater posted:

Become Cat

LMAO!

... saving this for a future vote...

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
B - efficiency is key, don't waste time on the whole body when we've got perfectly good armlegs to wield.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B.. Behold the secret blooded art of...whatever this is gonna be.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C minimum cost maximum output.

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
B The streets will run red with the blood from their legs.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Unsure if it was a typo Nyaa, but headcanon now demands this mystery material be part of a reef based venom symbiote

C

No matter how mighty the strike—Labaras himself could not move the ocean, when the ocean chooses to remain still

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 27, 2024

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B, kickpuncher mode activate. Punch with the power of kicks!

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Crazycryodude posted:

B, kickpuncher mode activate. Punch with the power of kicks!

I went to bed thinking this and no one had posted it. You have done so.

We Punch with the Power of Kicks!

B

B.B. Rodriguez fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 27, 2024