Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

SerSpook posted:

Turtles and Fun God

Is this the update? I was not expecting any cameos.

Voting:
E. hear the joke
I. Rock out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrMelon
Oct 9, 2010

You can find me in the produce aisle of the hospital.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Is this the update? I was not expecting any cameos.

Voting:
E. hear the joke
I. Rock out

It's by SerSpook.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Hobolicious posted:

Lies. How else am I to keep entertained in the middle of the ocean if I can't read your well written updates?

I am sorry. It has been a hectic few days. The game is not canned and I have no intention of stopping, its just been difficult to fit in the last few days and I don't want to to three sentence updates. We may get one today, but no promises, if not, aiming for tomorrow.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 30, 2013

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Hobolicious posted:

Lies. How else am I to keep entertained in the middle of the ocean if I can't read your well written updates?

Pray to Asherah.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

I am sorry. It has been a hectic few days. The game is not canned and I have no intention of stopping, its just been difficult to fit in the last few and I don't want to to three sentence updates. We may get one today, but no promises, if not, aiming for tomorrow.

Too late, Diog. Ser Spook has hijacked this CYOA.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Haha holy poo poo I didn't see who wrote that and honestly thought this was the start of an awesome crossover.

E Ok big man, let's hear your joke.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
J: Pray to Otac. Fish Lasers!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

The thought of hearing the joke the giant had mentioned entered your mind, even as the music played and you and the tortoise sang. You climb upon her back, just behind the giant. He doesn't seem to mind, nor does the tortoise.

You remembered the few jokes you had heard in your village. They hadn't been very funny, typically ending in Asherah eating everyone involved unless Smis intervened (he usually didn't). Then only Smis, or Smis' claw, was eaten. But, like all stories in your village, everything always ended with Asherah eating something.

As you think this, the tall man turns to you and says, You want to hear my Joke then?

You cannot explain what happens to you, nor can you entirely remember what, precisely, the joke was. All you know is that it was, without a doubt, the funniest thing you had ever heard. Not just heard, but thought. Or tasted. Or smelled. Or felt.

In fact, as you hear the Joke, your entire being is filled with only one thing. LAUGHTER. Every sense that you have laughs. It almost reminds you of... you cannot continue the thought, as only the hilarity of the Joke fills you.

Frantically, feeling something is wrong (but how can this be so wrong, it's so funny) you look around. Monkey seems almost worried, but Danal is laughing. Laughing hard. Blood is beginning to drip from his nose. You feel a similar wetness beneath your own nostrils.

Do you:

A. Pray to El for release?
B. Pray to Asherah?
C. Pray to the giant before you?
D. Empty your bowels and bladder, assuming it has not already been emptied?
E. Hold the gate.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 30, 2013

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

A! El VS Madgod Deathmatch!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
A. Pray to El. Save me from the comedy!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

You try to focus your thoughts, to get out one message through the LAUGHTER running through your body. You bring forth all your willpower, every last bit of it, in an attempt to defeat whatever this giant happened to be. You remembered, now, that the joke had taken on a life of its own. Rather than the words being blown away on the wind, as everything else the man had said, they had somehow entered you and Danal. You had seen it, you now vaguely recalled, the words taking form in the air and finding targets.

You now notice that every mortal, with the exception of a particularly grim looking man at the giant's right hand side, has also been struck with whatever now afflicts you.

You manage to get out a single word. EL! you cry out. You notice your own word gains a life of its own, climbing to the heavens.

Then it gets weird. Every bit of you still commands you to laugh, to enjoy the Joke that has been told. But now a light is descending from the sky, and where it touches ground, a gate appears and opens. Out steps... some type of reptile man? You aren't sure what to make of them. There are several of them, each nearly the size of the man in makeup. They have long snouts, filled with teeth, and have green skin.

"drat it, Denziroh. This is the fifth one this eon. Anubis is going to be pissed if you keep on messing with important people in the theospheres you visit. You're lucky this one had the power to get out any kind of message!"

The other beings nod their agreement. One approaches you, and says, "It will be alright child." He places a hand--or is that a claw? on your head and produces a small glowing sphere with the other. He seems to command it to do something, and soon you feel control return to you. You notice the same has happened to Danal.

The lead reptile-man turns to the giant it had called Denziroh. "Okay, that's a class 4 theosphere interference. If it weren't for certain friends you have in high places, we'd be bringing you in for this," it said.

"C'mon men, we're headed out. Anubis wants to know why everyone has been cutting in line lately. Thinks the sign might have been hosed with, or one of the crocs on river duty might be pranking the line-standers."

With that they left, though you notice remnants of the gate they used remaining.

Do you hold the gate?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

SerSpook posted:

Do you hold the gate?

Learn from mistakes, you say? Not on my watch!

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Diogines posted:

I am sorry. It has been a hectic few days. The game is not canned and I have no intention of stopping, its just been difficult to fit in the last few days and I don't want to to three sentence updates. We may get one today, but no promises, if not, aiming for tomorrow.

No worries, take your time.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

SerSpook posted:

Do you hold the gate?

Yup. Heroes or something!

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Voting for: Wake up. It was all a dream and non of this is canon

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

You go to hold the gate, but as you grab it, you find yourself dragged through. You find pure emptiness beyond, except one solitary figure falling. He seems to consider himself lord of this place. There is a bright flash of light.

You begin to hear singing and feel a tug on your arm and... on your ear?

You look to the tugging. Danal is pulling on your arm, while Monkey pulls on your ear. The singing you had gone to investigate can still be heard. There is no giant man with makeup, nor a giant tortoise. The lizard people are also nowhere to be seen, and you seem to be within sight of your campfire.

You looked around confused before you decide to just go back to doing what you were doing.

(I enjoyed writing this but I think it's probably best to end my little, I guess you could say fanfic, before it grew annoying. Hope you enjoyed it.)

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 30, 2013

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

SerSpook posted:

(I enjoyed writing this but I think it's probably best to end my little, I guess you could say fanfic, before it grew annoying. Hope you enjoyed it.)

This was highly enjoyable to read, thank you for the quality entertainment! If Diog doesn't mind, I sincerely hope you continue your glorious madness next time there's a lull between updates. :allears:

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I'm just sad that Sojenus didn't..... DROP IN. Ahahahhahahahahhahh I'm sorry.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Someone make a Smash Bros. reveal screen for Ogkidel.

ENKIDEL FALLS INTO PLACE!!!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
F: HOLD THE GRAPES

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Raserys posted:

Someone make a Smash Bros. reveal screen for Ogkidel.

SOJENUS FALLS IN PLACE!!!

ftfy

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Love the Team Herodile cameo. :3:

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
Sojenus is still falling. Forever. Wait, what is that? There's a light, fast approaching. You can hear a beautiful voice, singing somewhere off in the distance. Suddenly you hit the ground, right between Enkidel and Danal. They look at you in surprise, then fall to their knees, jabbering something very fast. The only word you can understand, and they repeat a few times, is El. They seem to be praising you. Do they think you are a god? Maybe you are this El, how would you know? You did fall for a very long time, and in that time, you became quite insane. What do you do about these two, clearly primitive, children? Especially the one in the semi-smelly loincloth?

A: Tell them they are mistake, you are not El.
B: Run away, screaming about pandas
C: Tell them you are El, see what happens.
D: Tell them you are El, and tell them to do something.

Hobolicious fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jul 2, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I still feel we need to explore the practice of drinking poisons at the first opportunity.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

D. Sojenus is lord of the void, which essentially makes him El. Tell them to look for a deranged, 13 foot tall clown and a tortoise. Will likely be accompanies by a rather dour man that will protest everything.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
As voidlord, Sojenus has had time to think. A lot of time. An eternity, let's say. The dimensional tear created by the incarnation of Denziroh has hosed up the local space barriers enough for him to slip through.

He is naked. His long hair and beard are white with age, and there is a mad look in his eye. He has passed through death and time, and sees the world somewhat ... differently now. Ageless. Beyond death. Ageless. Wise? Sane? Perhaps. It has been a long time since Sojenus has been in what we call reality.

All stories have to start somewhere. Time is not necessarily linear. Is he El?

(I vote no, he is Sojenus and he walks a fine line between madness and sanity.)

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
Sojenziroh, the Mad El

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Hobolicious posted:

Sojenus is still falling. Forever. Wait, what is that? There's a light, fast approaching. You can hear a beautiful voice, singing somewhere off in the distance. Suddenly you hit the ground, right between Enkidel and Danal. They look at you in surprise, then fall to their knees, jabbering something very fast. The only word you can understand, and they repeat a few times, is El. They seem to be praising you. Do they think you are a god? Maybe you are this El, how would you know? You did fall for a very long time, and in that time, you became quite insane. What do you do about these two, clearly primitive, children? Especially the one in the semi-smelly loincloth?

A: Tell them they are mistake, you are not El.
B: Run away, screaming about pandas
C: Tell them you are El, see what happens.
D: Tell them you are El, and tell them to do something.

This is some vile blasphemy right here.

The only answer is "E: Keep falling" :colbert:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Sojenus falls back on Akkad in the distant past, and becomes the original Denziroh, thus closing the circle.
Asherah's hunger eventually becomes Nem Teshet, and Enkidel becomes the forest spirit thing. One of Basscop's spacetime instances breaks through the hole Sojenus made by falling into the world, and becomes the water elemental god. The manodile team chases him into Akkad, then they notice their raputers aren't working and they settle down as the rest of the sorceror-gods.

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 2, 2013

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I am still alive and apologize again for the lull in the game at this point. My work has kept me very busy. I have no intention of ending the game and am hoping to restore our normal schedule soon, soon. I am aiming for an update tomorrow but I can't promise it. I pinky-swear, put-my-nuts-on-a-belt-sander, nipples-hooked-up-to-a-car-battery promise we will get an update on Thursday at the absolute latest, if not earlier. I am aiming for 2 on Thursday(morning, late night), one on Friday and then two on Saturday and Sunday if viable, to make up for the time we lost.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Diogines posted:

I have no intention of ending the game and am hoping to restore our normal schedule soon, soon.

Too late, Diog. This is the CYO Fan-fiction thread now.

Sebek gazed at his God's body. The emotions of revere and praise he always felt turned to lust. "May I dry you after your wine bath, Great One"... etc.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 3, 2013

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Diogines posted:

put-my-nuts-on-a-belt-sander, nipples-hooked-up-to-a-car-battery

Wow. That's hot.

Look forward to it either way you do it. :allears:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

I pinky-swear, put-my-nuts-on-a-belt-sander, nipples-hooked-up-to-a-car-battery promise we will get an update on Thursday at the absolute latest, if not earlier.

That sounds like a pretty amazing toxx, either way I'm exited.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

A Terrible Person posted:

This is some vile blasphemy right here.

The only answer is "E: Keep falling" :colbert:

This is the correct answer.

You are Sojenus. You continue to fall. Forever. Those children in the woods? A brief moment of insanity. Surely they can't be real.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Hobolicious posted:

This is the correct answer.

You are Sojenus. You continue to fall. Forever. Those children in the woods? A brief moment of insanity. Surely they can't be real.
... We may check in on you later.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

I pinky-swear, put-my-nuts-on-a-belt-sander, nipples-hooked-up-to-a-car-battery promise

You notice the light first as you come back from conciousness. You feel like you did not mean to sleep so late into day. Why didn't your alarm go off? You start to lift your head off the pillow and

Wait. You notice you aren't lying down. As your eyes readjust to the light in the room you notice a few things:

You have a major headache. You are also tied to a chair in a room that is not your bedroom. You feel your heart begin to race and adrenaline starts to pump in your body.

You try to look for an escape. It is hard to see the walls with the spotlight in your face, but the air feels slightly cool and the floor is concrete. You see a small end table with drawers next you, and everything else disappears beyond the range of the light. You try to move your hands and feet, only to feel the duct tape start to rip off your arm hair. You are unable to use brute force to free yourself. As you calm down you hear the tell tale sign of a leaky sink somewhere in the corner of the room northwest of you.

Drip.

Where am I? you ask yourself.

Drip.

What is happening to me?

Drip.

Who would try and kidnap me?

Drip.

What day is it?

Drip.

Five drips. It starts to come back to you - Yes, yesterday was the fourth of July, or at least the last thing you remember doing. You were having a great holiday celebrating it as you normally were and went to bed as usual. A thought of forgetting something lingers in the back of your head, but you push it aside as you have other things to worry about. As you start to recount the last day, week, and month of anybody acting unusual to you,

*creak*

A door higher up opens and closes, revealing a stairway to the east of you. Somebody appears to be walking down the stairs slowly, taking care to make each step as loudly and deliberately as they can.

STOMP.

STOMP.

STOMP.

STOMP.

STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP STOMP as they start flying down the stairs, ending up behind the spotlight. Only the barest outline is visible, and their face looks weird.

Except it's not a face. The person leaned in slightly enough for you to recognize that they are wearing a shoddy paper mask to hide it. It is a face you know all too well.

poo poo. poo poo poo poo poo poo

"DIOGENES." the voice speaks in an obvious bane imitation. "YOU MADE A PROMISE TO US AND FAILED TO KEEP IT. YOU GET TO CHOOSE THE FIRST OF THE PUNISHMENTS." They lean in closer to you. "IF YOU WISH TO REQUEST SOMETHING ELSE, WE CAN SURELY ACCOMMODATE THAT AS WELL. The person walks toward the end table and opens the drawers, bringing out several things:
  • A belt sander
  • Pliers
  • Jumper cables
  • Car battery
  • Portable DVD player with what appears to be season one of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

DO YOU START:
A. Crying! You have never been more scared in your life!
B. Cursing at the person! You have never been so angry at getting kidnapped for missing a CYOA post in your life!
C. making GBS threads yourself! Hey, it might work.
D. Violently shake yourself in the chair!
E. Something else! write in your response!

PICK YOUR FIRST PUNISHMENT: - Note that should you pick a punishment, listed or a write in, feel free to personally describe Diogenes' experience with said punishment, however quirky or brutal it may be. This is a true mini choose Diogenes' own adventure.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Amusing, but perhaps a tad close to home.

Fan-voting for E: Hold the Date! First punishment is time paradox.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
D.

TIME FOR A PONY MARATHON! :iamafag:

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

1. B

2. Diog must be subjected to a lecture in cultural relativism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding