Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Prediction: Dio couldn't take the pressure and reenacted the plot of 'Office Space', only suddenly switching to the first person from Milton's perspective.

Did it burn Dio? Were they sorry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H
Jul 16, 2005
AIDS FUCKERS GO HOME!!!
I'm still waiting to receive my "Full Manual"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

EVG posted:

So, when do we just call it? :(

Not yet. I am still alive, I am sorry, I am just utterly swamped at work.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
You awaken to find yourself sitting at a desk filled with papers, an old computer, a phone, and photos of your own family. The photos seem to be filled with color and gives off a sense of euphoria whereas the rest of your surroundings feel terrible and drained of color. Is this what purgatory feels like? Is this purgatory?
You are about to check out the computer when you hear several slurping sounds and the heavy wheezing of an man who clearly needs more exercise.
Turning around you notice your feet are suctioned to the floor by a layer of thick, mucous like mud. Who would put a swamp in the office?
As soon as you get your feet free and turn towards the sound of the man, you are filled with instant dread and a little bit of loathing.
Before you stands Dave, a heavy set man in his mid 50s, slightly balding with twinges of grey hair mixed with his dull brown hair.
In a low gravely voice Dave says, "Dio, I'm gonna need you to get those TPS reports back to me by the end of the day, we need to be building the synergy for the corporate asset...."
You try to listen to the rest of his speech but he has gotten started on the corporate speak that tends to make your mind shut down.

What should you do.....

A. Attempt to listen really hard to what he is saying.

B. Nod and agree with whatever he is saying, hoping he will go away.

C. Mumble incoherently about a phone and a fire....do you have matches?

D. Forget about him and spend time on the computer.

E. Challenge him to a duel for leadership. How's that for corporate ladder climbing!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Things have been calming down slowly and I am hopeful to start up again soon but I have no hard deadline yet.

Also.

F. I cut my palm with a letter opener and shoot light at him in the name of Asherah!

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
You cannot take Dave's rambling anymore, day in and day out he has slowly turned your brain into mush with that never ending corporate speak.
Reaching over to your desk, you grab the nearest object, a letter opener and cut your hand open.
Thrusting your hand towards him, you shout out:
You critically fail and nothing happens except Dave is now covered with speckles of your blood.
Surprisingly, Dave laughs and mentions something about going crazy before turning around and starting to walk away.
As he slurps down the hallway he turns his head towards you and says, "Oh, and yeaahh, ummmmm, i'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday, got some catch up to do".

What do you do:

A. Go back to work

B. Check out the other cubicles

C. Play around on the computer.

D. Other

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

With the letter opener in one hand and a pen in the other, I leap over the cubicle wall and chase him down, his cries for mercy go unheeded as I drive them into his back. I tear his still beating heart out and hold it up to the startled office workers and cry out "NOW I AM CHIEF MATERIALS ALLOCATION MANAGER FOR THE FOURTH DIVISION! WHO SHALL CHALLENGE MY RULE?!? NEVER AGAIN SHALL A TPS REPORT BE WRITTEN UPON PAIN OF DEATH AND ANY MAN WHO TAKES THE LUNCH OF ANOTHER SHALL BE PUT TO DEATH! RETURN TO YOUR CUBES AND INCREASE REVENUE BY TWELVE PERCENT THIS QUARTER OR THE WRATH OF ASHERAH SHALL FALL UPON UPON YOU AS WELL!"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Edit: Double post.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 18, 2013

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
As you look around, you see several of your co-workers peeping over the tops of the cubicles, but for the most part it appears as though nobody truly cares what happened to Dave.
As you start to clean yourself off you see a huge hulk of a beast turn the corner from the eastern side of the office and start to stride towards you. It's long shaggy hair sways back and forth as it's massive bulk lumbers along and it's eyes seem to shimmer with a red glow as it stares after you.
*Thump* *Sluuuuurp* *Thump* *Sluuuurrp* *Thump*
As it nears you it reaches behind it's back and you hear something being unsheathed.
Towering over you now, the beast growls and says, "ugghhh, you people are so messy". You now notice that the thing it unsheathed was a broom, which it uses to heave you through the air away from it and then starts to very ineffectively tumble Dave over towards the nearest garbage wall receptacle.

As you stand up you find yourself next to the elevator which just now opens and a lady in a dark red dress waves at you from inside.

What do you do?

A. Get in the elevator

B. Explore your office floor.

C. Say something to the beast

D. Other

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
July 20th, Asherah Management Seminar

- Learn who to sacrifice, how and when
- Advanced Hunger management techniques
- Master the basics of abuse and intimidation
- HR management through blood sacrifice
- Basic first aid for lacerations and bleeding
- Unleash the fear, rage and hunger or your organization
- Human sacrifice as a competitive edge
- Minimize collateral damage through our proprietary 'lobster' training and methodology

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
You forgot
- Holding the gate: A team oriented synergistic exercise in bleeding edge leverage solutions.

:colbert:

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
You forgot
- Reach for a Carrot: Strategies to build and strengthen your relationship with herbivores and the wider omnivore demographic

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
You forgot.
-Fish

Tremynci
Jun 16, 2012
You also forgot:
- Falling for Beginners: Leveraging gravity for optimal space-time transit

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Basscop posted:

You forgot.
-Fish

They'll get to fish over dinner.

Edit:

Everyone forgot team flea :-(

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Hold the grapes!

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Descend.

Is there a good summary post anywhere to look at, since I've been largely too busy to keep up with reading this beyond the first few bits.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You are still falling IIRC.

Kidding. We are a kid from bumfuck nowhere that had a dick, high-priest-for-the-god-of-eternal-hunger dad, a cold mother and a foreigner nanny that was actually our mother. One day foreigners from the same land as our real mother showed up, killed our dad when he was shooting loving lightning at them, after he stabbed himself with a shark tooth. We promptly swiped that tooth when our dad fell headless. Then we found out that the freaking king of <place name> has "rescued" us and we are heading for the <place name>.

Hijinks ensue, but I don't remember that part too well.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Sojenus posted:

Descend.

Is there a good summary post anywhere to look at, since I've been largely too busy to keep up with reading this beyond the first few bits.

Aw, what happened to your kickin' falling avatar etc.?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Theglavwen posted:

Aw, what happened to your kickin' falling avatar etc.?

I... don't know? Lost in the void? I didn't get rid of it myself so I have no idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The void giveth, the void taketh away.

Was it ever really there? Or was it just the endless nothing playing tricks on your broken feeble mind?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Work has calmed down.

Your regularly schedule program resumes this weekend, possibly even tonight!

I again thank everyone for their patience.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Rejoice for he is risen!

Iä!! Iä!! Diogenes fhtagn!!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Diogines posted:

Work has calmed down.

Your regularly schedule program resumes this weekend, possibly even tonight!

I again thank everyone for their patience.

Thank goodness! If I had to cut my hand to pray any longer, I probably would have had even more lasting damage to my tendons and my psyche and my uhuehuehuehueh :unsmigghh:

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -