Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Zybourne Clock posted:

2. "Can you at least tell me who or what Mereniel is?"
I don't mind also pushing this a little bit in addition to my current vote/questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Absum posted:

I'd like to ask Ishamal how long he thinks it will take until he considers us ready and ask him if he can tell us who Mereniel is.
"I do not know."

Slaan posted:

"Is Xuriel known in the stories for making magical items of power for heroes, such as talking statues or book constantly on fire."
You do not know what a book is. It may as well have been a weird block of gold. You have not seen anything like it since. No one in Zepath has books. You can't ask him about that, as to the rest of your question...

"She is known to make many things" Ishamal says in response.

Slaan posted:

2. Uhm, should Danal or Snarls take some too?[/b]
"No, just you."

dyzzy posted:

2 "I want to understand things, but if you don't think I'm ready I will wait. Can you at least tell me about Mereniel?"
"Mereniel is a font of mercy and a well of tears with no bottom."

OhYo posted:

"I trust you, but what if I've vowed a vow not to take certain substances?"
"You have made no promise, boy."

OhYo posted:

It seems your wisdom is different from the two Temples. Is there any way for me to increase in your kind of wisdom?"
"Climb the mountains, swim the seas, walk the deserts and spit in death's eye boy and perhaps you will be on a good start."

OhYo posted:

"Ishamal, if El has mercy on me and I live to the end of my days, how many years do you think I could get to?"
"Who can know what is to be?"

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Drink the wine Enkidel. Also, if you have any eggs, eat the eggs. And the minotaur jerky.

eta: Ishamal, I could see the entire battle in great detail from atop Tudiya's home. Danal could not see this. Is my eyesight abnormally good, or Danal's abnormally bad? I have always seen this way.

eta2: Some theories. Mereniel continues to possibly be Marnal. Marnal is the Melachim of childbirth, healing, and mercy in general. Mereniel is a font of mercy according to Ishamal, and tears. Seems like healing and childbirth, yeah?

Ishamal is older than Zepath and seems to come from a different type of divine origin than Tudiya or Danal. I think we might have a similar type of thing going on with ourselves. I think Ishamal might, in fact, be Enkidu. Or he knew him. Thus the "sad end" Enkidu came to.

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Sep 19, 2013

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Drink.

Also, You can't tell us what my dreams mean yet. but can you at least tell me if I am a normal boy?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

eta: Ishamal, I could see the entire battle in great detail from atop Tudiya's home. Danal could not see this. Is my eyesight abnormally good, or Danal's abnormally bad? I have always seen this way.
"Better than most if you could see that, I would say."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Drink.

Also, You can't tell us what my dreams mean yet. but can you at least tell me if I am a normal boy?

"I don't know, those ears look a little too big for the size of your head" he says with a smirk "and one of your eyebrows is a little bigger than the other."

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

We are one of the Long-eared then, dread slayers of feasts, wine, and girl's hearts. I wish to say this in response to Ishamal's comment.

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

Diogines posted:

"You have made no promise, boy."
1A. I shall partake, altruistically.

Diogines posted:

"Climb the mountains, swim the seas, walk the deserts and spit in death's eye boy and perhaps you will be on a good start."
Voters, if you ever had any path to match Ishamal's ways, this would be the closest to. I can tell Ishamal is wiser than some of the fanatics and vain-repetitious clergy in our city. He's an above-average height man with ten fingers, just like us!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

SerSpook posted:

We are one of the Long-eared then, dread slayers of feasts, wine, and girl's hearts. I wish to say this in response to Ishamal's comment.

SerSpook has an open conduit into my mind.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. A
2. B - What did they do with the minotaurs who got taken alive?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Lower the cone of silence! We gotta lean that.

Drink without question or hesitation.

And 'yes we would like to meet your friend and see if he will teach us'.

(Will add Edet to the list later.)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ishamal is basically drunk Dumbledore. It's pretty great.

Who is Xuriel?

OhYo
Apr 14, 2006

paragon1 posted:

drunk Dumbledore.
You mean Drunkledore?

I'm down with increasing comradery with Ishamal and his cohorts.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"You seem to have such a fondness for smashing your head up, are you sure you don't wish to master that, Boy?" he says with a laugh. "I have no fondness to teach men to make war, if you are not happy with the Temple however, I've a friend or two who might train you."

"I am happy with the temple, but a wise man must learn at many schools. I would appreciate you introducing me to any master willing to teach me, whether his chosen art be one of war or one of peace.

Are any of these friends of yours, who might train me, here in the tavern? What can you tell me about them?"

also, i vote: Drink the eggs!

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 19, 2013

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
He never really answered: Why don't we have any injuries from the fight? Wasn't our arm broken?

Also, WHO is Muriel?

Ask again if you need to. He obviously knows.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

1 - A

I also want to ask Ishamal what he knows of Asherah, either personally or if there's any legends he knows which correspond with him - seeing as he seems to always be an integral part of our dreams as well.

And also ask the details of what was actually happening to us/him when he punched us to safety that time

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 20, 2013

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

maxhush posted:

1 - A

I also want to ask Ishamal what he knows of Asherah, either personally or if there's any legends he knows which correspondence with him - seeing as he seems to always be an integral part of our dreams as well.

And also ask the details of what was actually happening to us/him when he punched us to safety that time

Actually, if we're going to ask anything about Asherah; I think the best thing we could ask is: "Was Asherah always dominated by hunger as he is now?"

1 obviously. He's saved our rear end a couple of times now and has earned a little leeway. If he hadn't been upfront about telling us what he wasn't telling us I'd have suggested a snarky comment about him just telling us we should be more careful and starting now by not drinking that until we know what it does, but since he was, just drink.

I'm wondering if we should ask Ishamal what he thinks it good/best for a man to learn? Since he said he didn't like teaching people to fight I wonder if there is something he does like teaching. He probably prefers drinking and being awesome to teaching anything though...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

the_steve posted:

1. A
2. B - What did they do with the minotaurs who got taken alive?

"They have them penned up near their temple. For training."

paragon1 posted:

Who is Xuriel?

"A voice for occasions to be glad and to sing" he says. Then takes another gulp of wine.

ShotgunWillie posted:

He never really answered: Why don't we have any injuries from the fight? Wasn't our arm broken?
"Was your arm broken?" he says in response.

ShotgunWillie posted:

Also, WHO is Mereniel?
Ask again if you need to. He obviously knows.
"Empathy, or perhaps, pity, given form and spirit."

maxhush posted:

I also want to ask Ishamal what he knows of Asherah, either personally or if there's any legends he knows which correspondence with him - seeing as he seems to always be an integral part of our dreams as well.

And also ask the details of what was actually happening to us/him when he punched us to safety that time.
Mini vote. Do you want to ask him this?

Please speak up if you want to ask this, or if you do not want to ask this.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 20, 2013

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -