Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ultimate Mango posted:

Guys, if Bareassi dies, maybe we get to see where the blue smoke really goes and what actually happens to it when it get there?

That would be absolutely huge in terms of knowledge.

Short of climbing the mountain ourselves this might be the best way to acquire that knowledge.

I suspect we'd lose the vision once he dies. Fade to black and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I speculated about that and Diog said we'd go back to Enkidel as soon as Damuzi dies.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

There Bias Two posted:

I suspect we'd lose the vision once he dies. Fade to black and all that.

Well, we might learn what the inside of a Doom looks like.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Patrick Spens posted:

Well, we might learn what the inside of a Doom looks like.

Probably dark and slimy.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Not that it might even matter, but voting to pray is a popular option. If you want to, feel free to note how you were doing that. Out loud? On your knees out loud? In your head? A quiet whisper? Your head bowe? What are you praying for?

The home of your father's was nearly destroyed by demons and now they've come to your doorstep. How are you pleading with your god?

We won't have time to update for at least a few hours, so we may as well ask for additional details. M is almost certainly going to win for question 2.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Diogines posted:

Not that it might even matter, but voting to pray is a popular option. If you want to, feel free to note how you were doing that. Out loud? On your knees out loud? In your head? A quiet whisper? Your head bowe? What are you praying for?

The home of your father's was nearly destroyed by demons and now they've come to your doorstep. How are you pleading with your god?

We won't have time to update for at least a few hours, so we may as well ask for additional details. M is almost certainly going to win for question 2.

Praying in our head for El to stand by us like he did the day we slew the sea demon, and guide our weapon to make some serious sushi

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
With our head between our legs, kissing our rear end while whispering prayers into that sweet abyss: I am Bareassi, Bareassi. Please, Asherah, save me.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Guys, if Bareassi dies, maybe we get to see where the blue smoke really goes and what actually happens to it when it get there?

That would be absolutely huge in terms of knowledge.

Short of climbing the mountain ourselves this might be the best way to acquire that knowledge.
If he dies that is it. We will move on. If people want to, you might get a chance to play another common soldier but there will be no character-building. Well, no more than one vote, if even that.

If you survive the interesting events going on, we will move on when the most interesting parts are over.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Pray loudly asking El to grant us strength of body and mind so that we might slay these demons in His name.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 22, 2017

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Pray silently in our head so as not to cause panic. Pray that El and our King lead us to victory. Pray that our son on the front lines survives. Pray we have the strength to protect those within the palace should the worst happen and they break into the city. If all else fails, pray that our climb is swift.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

If he dies that is it. We will move on. If people want to, you might get a chance to play another common soldier but there will be no character-building. Well, no more than one vote, if even that.

If you survive the interesting events going on, we will move on when the most interesting parts are over.

I justo ope that if Kitron holds and Pileser survives we get to see him sacrifice the demon remains on the Temple, and the highest fire that anyone has ever seen completely fill the room, filling everyone with awe of El. Let these donut assholes know what's really up.

And then in a few years Enkdiel drops by and gets a hero welcome. I REALLY REAAAAAALLLY want to go on a Donut Tour.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Task Manager posted:

Pray silently in our head so as not to cause panic. Pray that El and our King lead us to victory. Pray that our son on the front lines survives. Pray we have the strength to protect those within the palace should the worst happen and they break into the city. If all else fails, pray that our climb is swift.
Exactly this.

Also, if and only if someone else seems to be on the verge of running, I'd like to call out "To raise a shield in Keter's name is to know that the shield to your right shall never falter and the shield to your left shall never flee." Remind them of their oaths.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

In the most Option N fashion possible. Basically, praying our bareass off mentally, but trying to stay calm and collected externally.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I pray that the demons eat me before my wife, future wife and children so I don't have to watch it

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Pray to El to give me strength to survive this day and protect my family. I did not go to the ocean and face a demon to die before being able to clean the name of my grandfather completely.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Slaan posted:

I pray that the demons eat me

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I pray to El that if the demons do eat me, I give them a bad case of indigestion.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Diogines posted:

pray quietly for El to give everyone the strength to hold the city

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Pray for the strength of all of Kitron.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Task Manager posted:

This.

I'm happy for it to be out loud as well, depending on how disruptive that might be to the soldiers around us.

Eeeel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVWbm0Fy_5M

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.
AM
Hold the gate!!!!

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

El, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two 414 stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, El... so grant me one request. Grant me victory! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MinistryofLard posted:

El, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two 414 stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, El... so grant me one request. Grant me victory! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

MinistryofLard posted:

I don't think hell exists in Ur.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

There Bias Two posted:

I don't think hell exists in Ur.

Seir absolutely exists.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

MinistryofLard posted:

Hey, I've got an idea, maybe we shouldn't be an arrogant rear end and tell Literally God That Is Very Real to go to hell right when we could use a little help.

Seriously, dude likes smiting rear end in a top hat Urians even more than killing demons. This is Old Testament God we're dealing with.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 22, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crazycryodude posted:

Hey, I've got an idea, maybe we shouldn't be an arrogant rear end and tell Literally God That Is Very Real to go to hell right when we could use a little help.

Seriously, dude likes smiting rear end in a top hat Urians even more than killing demons. This is Old Testament God we're dealing with.

Conan is older than El.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Prayer: I do not fear. May my strength not fail.

God loves the brave

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
lol, I've never prayed to you before, even during all those religious festivals or offerings of faith and praise I've burnt at your altar, and if you don't help me here and now then to hell with you and your afterlife my entire social upbringing has taught me that all my actions here on Urth - up to and including dying in glorious combat for El and my King - is aimed at achieving.

Amen.

Nah I kid it's a cool prayer you're a cool guy Damuzi's gonna be fine.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Damuzi gonna die.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Zeroisanumber posted:

Conan is older than El.
El isn't Crom :colbert:

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 23, 2017

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Crazycryodude posted:

El isn't Crom

Crom sounds like Fare anyway.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
El breathes the spirit to strive into men when they are born, what more could be asked?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crazycryodude posted:

El isn't Crom :colbert:

My money says that he loses everyone and everything, finally understanding why his grandfather hauled rear end as far as he could.

Last vote will be on Damuzi's dying thoughts, which will be an argument about how we never paid back those 80 shekels.

Enkidel will wake up and feel compelled to cover that tab.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

A few hours later you are on duty when your wife Shalah, your youngest son Beorosus and your now well... servant? When Your family and Hogla arrive. Your wife and son enter without incident but a clerk, one of the King's court eunuchs is with you and says "Family only, the slave may not enter." Your wife looks back and Hogla looks towards you, fear in her eyes. She says "I... but..."

Your wife and Holga both look towards you and your son Beorosus as well, none of them want to leave her behind. Holga stammers "I... but..." the clerk says "But nothing, be on your way." You say "Wait" and tell the clerk that uh... you see... um... you and Holga are betrothed, to be wed after the Jubilee. Surely your future wife should be allowed in with the rest of your family?

"What?" says Shalah, Holga, the eunic clerk, your son and your commanding officer all at once. The clerk looks to Holga and says "Is this true?" A very surprised Holga says "Of course! My Master... I mean my betrothed would never lie. He has always been very kind to me." Your family enters the palace without further incident, including your future second wife.

[...]

We don't like doing an update without a vote but this is taking longer than expected. F-M won, but still, this next part is uh... complicated. We probably won't finish tonight at this rate, consider the above a light snack.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well, at least we did right by Holga :gbsmith:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
wait so we are actually going to marry her and weren't just lying?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

yep

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I dunno guys I just saw a chance to make a Conan reference and ran with it.

I've been voting for Damuzi to be a Heart Full of El guy because that's what I think he and Enkidel are most interesting as but if I had to rationalise it I'd say Damuzi's having a crisis of faith?