Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Task Manager posted:

Pray silently in our head so as not to cause panic. Pray that El and our King lead us to victory. Pray that our son on the front lines survives. Pray we have the strength to protect those within the palace should the worst happen and they break into the city. If all else fails, pray that our climb is swift.

This content, but head bowed and quiet whisper. Nothing wrong with visibly taking a moment of prayer and quietly remind our brothers that El is on our side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Yeah SWORD MAN and his more than one SWORD WIVES!

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

If DA MUZ bites it he won't have to follow through, seems like a win!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Basscop posted:

Yeah SWORD MAN and his more than one SWORD WIVES!

I agree, wives make excellent swords.

Absum
May 28, 2013

Oh hm whoops I didn't think that one through but tbf there was no option for saying we were betrothed and planning to have it cancelled by the Jubilee. Oh well it's fine either way imo.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Our wife is going to stab us in the back during the fighting.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Xinder posted:

I agree, wives make excellent swords.

It worked for Utena.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Diogines posted:

We don't like doing an update without a vote but this is taking longer than expected. F-M won, but still, this next part is uh... complicated. We probably won't finish tonight at this rate, consider the above a light snack.
Don't worry guys, I'm sure the KREEs are just from some of Beaky's descendants who want to join in the festivities. Pet rocs for everyone! It will be the bestest Jubilee ever, as soon as Diog is able to source enough adorable bird pictures.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Boy, I can't wait to start the update after the Jubilee, where we get to plan our second wedding

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Boy, I can't wait to start the update after the Jubilee, where we get to plan our second weddingplay dodge the rolling pin

ftfy

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Isn't it socially acceptable for a man of Ur to have more than one wife if he can support them?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Isn't it socially acceptable for a man of Ur to have more than one wife if he can support them?

yes

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hellsau posted:

Yeah, that's why the lie worked.

A wife expects slightly better clothes than a slave, so keeping her as a wife will be a little more expensive. But on the other hand we won't need to shell out for a new slave, so it all works out.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
lol, didn't vote but also didn't see that coming. Would have voted A, but go nuts you crazy swordman.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Two wives will probably become more common for men of our class if the city survives the fishstorm. There's going to be a bunch of widows looking for a new arrangement.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Hellsau posted:

It's more of a social responsibility, though I think it's more implied towards Blooded men to up the odds of having Blooded sons.

But yeah, there's nothing wrong with polyamory in Ur, it's one of the many many reasons Enkidel is an oddity, since he's firmly committed to Naomi (even if he does secretly dream of Puabi near constantly)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
It was a case of us taking responsibility for our household via lying. Lying for the greater good and for profit is kind of a running theme in this thread.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Boy, I can't wait to start the update after the Jubilee, where we get to plan our second wedding

We get to go back to being Enkidel.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

jazzyhattrick posted:

We get to go back to being Enkidel.

We get to plan an assault on the retreating armies of demons when Zepath and the Balls are completely wrong-footed.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
After we defeat Asherah's FishHordes, we have our most terrible foe yet to face: a wife that we actually care about being really angry at us doing something reckless and uncaring.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Volmarias posted:

After we defeat Asherah's FishHordes, we have our most terrible foe yet to face: a wife that we actually care about being really angry at us doing something reckless and uncaring.

Not if Holga gets consumed we won't

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

If option A won, I wouldn't have been surprised if Holga stole our valuables and fled Kitron. The family debt would have been repaid in karma.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Volmarias posted:

Eh, she probably like Holga more than she likes us at this point. Holga was there for her when the kids were little. Holga was there for her when the babies died.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah I don't think anyone will be too upset once the shock wears off, Holga's been around for the majority of our lives at this point, and I'm guessing she's more like an aunt than a slave in the family dynamic. We had to come up with something on the spot to save a loved one, no big deal.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 23, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Or maybe they've been really bitchy to each other this whole time, and we never noticed because we're a clueless idiot. lol

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hey El. I didn't get to consummate my second marriage so be a bro and help move this along smoothly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:agesilaus::hf::newlol:

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Damuzis controlled by goons- of course he thinks the solution is to open the relationship up

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Swordsman with more wives than Enkidel. Sad.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Facebook Aunt posted:

Two wives will probably become more common for men of our class if the city survives the fishstorm. There's going to be a bunch of widows looking for a new arrangement.

Yeah, but now instead of snatching up the widow of a Blooded man we chose a slave. Stupid move on Damuzi's part, he's been a social climber for the past 10 years, he should be smarter than this.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Why not just pick up a third in that case then?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nemo posted:

Yeah, but now instead of snatching up the widow of a Blooded man we chose a slave. Stupid move on Damuzi's part, he's been a social climber for the past 10 years, he should be smarter than this.

We've freed her only to re-enslave her to the patriarchy.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Tsyni posted:

I know, right? We're a giant incredibly handsome prince with immense wealth. We should have at least 10 by now

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Slaan posted:

I know, right? We're a giant incredibly handsome prince with immense wealth. We should have at least 10 by now

I wonder what the stories say about Naomi. After all she is the only wife of Enkidel. She must be pretty special.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tsyni posted:

2wives1sword.mkv

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Well the social point of Ur Wives is to make Ur Babies but we're mega-vasectomied so...

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

There Bias Two posted:

I wonder what the stories say about Naomi. After all she is the only wife of Enkidel. She must be pretty special.

I'm betting it's something akin to Enkidel loves Noami very much and declared that since men are devoted to one god, so shall he be devoted to one woman only. Except phrased in a way that might imply a little less blasphemy by equating Noami with El.

Or our luck, the rest of Ur knows about our fascination with Puabi-chan and as far as they are concerned we do have multiple wives.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

FaustianQ posted:

I'm betting it's something akin to Enkidel loves Noami very much and declared that since men are devoted to one god, so shall he be devoted to one woman only. Except phrased in a way that might imply a little less blasphemy by equating Noami with El.

Or our luck, the rest of Ur knows about our fascination with Puabi-chan and as far as they are concerned we do have multiple wives.

I bet all the young girls swoon over hearing the romantic tale of Enkidel and Naomi in the same way our society thinks about Romeo and Juliet, etc.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, that's why the lie worked.

A wife expects slightly better clothes than a slave, so keeping her as a wife will be a little more expensive. But on the other hand we won't need to shell out for a new slave, so it all works out.

Pfft. Like having two wives will keep us from buying more slaves. Can't have a wife doing slave work! that's madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I never understood the romance of Romeo and Juliet. They were horny teenagers that hooked up. Their parents hated it because it would cause a giant political mess. They get proved right because it caused a giant political mess that got people killed. And so the stupid, angsty teenagers get themselves killed.

That's more of a teenagers aee really dumb and horny story than a romance for the ages. :shrug: