Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

What would be the most direct route the giants could take to join back up with Gebek? Is that in the same direction as the palace?
Gebek is probably east of the city. So not anywhere near the direction they are headed. Though maybe they plan to shift further east after they clear the wall? Right now they are going north-north east.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

H sounds good to me.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.
H

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

J

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Betting they're heading for the temple to smash the seat of real power here. Is that consistent with the direction they're moving?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Diogines posted:

AMETS!

One of the giants yells... a word and you can FEEL it in your bones. The arrow lodged in its shield falls off. One of the remaining giants is armed with a one handed sword, the one who yelled, the other is armed with a quiver of javelins.

From the Paradise Lost Wiki

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being

I think that Diog is asking whether we're sure that Ish explicitly said that the giants' words are gibberish.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Diogines posted:

What vote had the most unexpected results or outcome? Any particular theory you would like to share?

Soloing the Bnaimokt has to be the stand out single incident where I did not expect any of the outcomes (though I spent the vote going “noooooooo the balls want gloryyyyyyy”). Though I liked the Seir arrow and I’m looking forward to our obligation to go over there.

That goons managed to keep Snarls alive for the entire time is the biggest surprise, I’d braced myself for a “talk to me boy! Snaaaaaaaaaaarllllllsss!” moment.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

lenoon posted:

Soloing the Bnaimokt has to be the stand out single incident where I did not expect any of the outcomes (though I spent the vote going “noooooooo the balls want gloryyyyyyy”). Though I liked the Seir arrow and I’m looking forward to our obligation to go over there.

That goons managed to keep Snarls alive for the entire time is the biggest surprise, I’d braced myself for a “talk to me boy! Snaaaaaaaaaaarllllllsss!” moment.

we have no obligation to go to seir

the jubilee erases all debts, and esau is on the mountain anyway, unlike our own badass ancestor in zepa

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
A

Unity is strength. Boring though.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
H

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
L - shoot the giants in the dick

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

lenoon posted:

Soloing the Bnaimokt has to be the stand out single incident where I did not expect any of the outcomes (though I spent the vote going “noooooooo the balls want gloryyyyyyy”).

Yeah, I caught up after that too and spent the whole time reading it thinking "What are they doing? Why is this happening???"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xinder posted:

Yeah, I caught up after that too and spent the whole time reading it thinking "What are they doing? Why is this happening???"

That's basically how the whole game feels some days.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Harvey Baldman posted:

Betting they're heading for the temple to smash the seat of real power here. Is that consistent with the direction they're moving?
It could be.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Diogines posted:

It could be.

Then why would Enkidel first guess be “they are heading towards the palace”? We “saw” what happened at Kitron, after they breached the walls the rushed the Temple. Wouldn’t he assume that the same thing would happen here? I don’t wanna go all Trabic here, but it does feel like Enkidel took the less obvious guess so we the players had to ask for confirmation that the palace is on the same path.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Then why would Enkidel first guess be “they are heading towards the palace”? We “saw” what happened at Kitron, after they breached the walls the rushed the Temple. Wouldn’t he assume that the same thing would happen here? I don’t wanna go all Trabic here, but it does feel like Enkidel took the less obvious guess so we the players had to ask for confirmation that the palace is on the same path.
You don't know exactly what their intended destination is, only their direction and current location.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Do we have sufficient strength to grab one of the giants and use it as a weapon?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I’m only doing this since it’s pretty much tradition by now and someone has to do it

L. Attempt to confirm the versatility of words of power by yelling AMETS with the intent to harden Enkidel’s penis

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

H

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

AJ_Impy posted:

Do we have sufficient strength to grab one of the giants and use it as a weapon?

Pretty sure they're not planning on letting us. Would be neat though.

(COYS)

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

We could go OG Tuds and rip it’s leg off and use it as a club. Or go for the arm and repeatedly yell STOP HITTING YOURSELF STOP HITTING YOURSELF until it dies of sheer annoyance.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Diog, do we think we could blow out the backs of their knees and then headshot them?

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Blasphemaster posted:

Diog, do we think we could blow out the backs of their knees and then headshot them?

If we are going for a crippling shot, then Azuth’s plan is worth considering

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Rain normal arrows at them, go for shear volume of fire for a few seconds. When they realize we're no longer a threat and while they're ignoring their spider sense slot a bronze arrow into the mix.

e. bolding it, that's my vote.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

Unclear. It is a fifty foot giant and heavily armored.

Blasphemaster posted:

Perhaps. We put options for headshots and body shots, rather than options for every potentially desirable shot at each giant, if an obviously better shot comes up, if you choose to shoot several times, you might take that instead.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

F

(I'm OK with H too, but this seems less likely to allow them to dodge.)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
F

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nina posted:

I’m only doing this since it’s pretty much tradition by now and someone has to do it

L. Attempt to confirm the versatility of words of power by yelling AMETS with the intent to harden Enkidel’s penis

+1. Show them that Mercy is never misplaced and it is in fact betwixt our manly thighs.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Voting is closed. We might update tonight, but probably in the morning-ish tomorrow.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
A 50 foot tall man would weigh about 113,000 lbs. Add armor (about 100+ lbs for plate mail for a normal man, or about half his weight) so maybe another 60,000 lbs? Total of 173,000 lbs. How much did mercy weigh?

Without looking I think it was similar enough that yes we could potentially wield a giant as a weapon, if we had something to grip and it would tear a limb off due to the stresses ( unless magical bodies are stronger, then go hog wild I guess)

I think we said that Mercy was about 120,000 lbs unless someone used a higher density for bronze. Seems like we could probably do it.

Beastyfella fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 20, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

At that point we should probably be throwing them out of the city so we don't destroy a giant chunk of it trying to spin2win with a giant.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Beastyfella posted:

A 50 foot tall man would weigh about 113,000 lbs. Add armor (about 100+ lbs for plate mail for a normal man, or about half his weight) so maybe another 60,000 lbs? Total of 173,000 lbs. How much did mercy weigh?

Without looking I think it was similar enough that yes we could potentially wield a giant as a weapon, if we had something to grip and it would tear a limb off due to the stresses ( unless magical bodies are stronger, then go hog wild I guess)

I think we said that Mercy was about 120,000 lbs unless someone used a higher density for bronze. Seems like we could probably do it.

"Efficacy of fully armoured 50 ft magic mans as weapons in bronze age Mesopotamia: Case study"

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Also, think of the boost to [???] by tossing one of these mooks around people.

Beastyfella fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 20, 2018

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Beastyfella posted:

I think this is where the Diogian laws of physics will come into play.
Sure, Mercy might technically weigh more, but, for some reason, we will still be unable to effectively lift a Giant and use it as a flail.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

The giant leg is too bulky, can't get a good grip. Install a handle and we could toss the giant around, though. Maybe by impaling it on a massive spear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
If we do get into melee i think we should try to throw one of the giants out of the city. I mean we successfully threw a wall of minotaurs already, why not go for broke? Even if they don't take giant-sized fall damage, they would at least be clear of Acco for a little while. Throw them into the lake, whynot. See how well they swim with all that weight.