Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Basscop posted:

Apparently enkidel is a loving porcelain sculpture and couldn't handle an excited puppy.

Snarls DOES have a pretty good track record when it comes to Enkidel Tackles :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
N

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

N

If truly nasty poo poo were down here, we would have reason to worry. I'm not confident that said possible nasties are present right now. Seems we're clear to explore, though I would limit it to this 'main chamber' for the time being i.e. dont go down more tunnels yet.

Grouchy Fish
Aug 24, 2006
K

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
N

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

O

Bet if we go far enough we'll find the vault of the demons under Zepath eventually.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
N

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
O

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

super sweet best pal posted:

O

Bet if we go far enough we'll find the vault of the demons under Zepath eventually.

That's the fourth cavern layer, effectively, and we've only breached the first. Unless ... maybe the tube from the river bypassed the first cavern layer, that could be it.

Either way, demonic fortresses were sadly removed back when patch 0.40 hit. I still haven't gotten over that. So we won't see any unless we breach the magma layer, and that requires getting a LOT better at defensive hardening.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

N

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

K

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
This is like the people who wanted to stop digging down to Amok's tomb. Keep digging, bros.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
wonder if there's any good candidates for creatures that could be tamed down here. But that's beyond scope for now, we'd really need an easier way to get down here that doesn't require Turkish barbering our nuts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

quote:

Make Snuls a beekeeping outfit during the timeskip.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

wonder if there's any good candidates for creatures that could be tamed down here. But that's beyond scope for now, we'd really need an easier way to get down here that doesn't require Turkish barbering our nuts.

Before the timeskip we should ask Ishamal for detailed instructions on how to make bricks since he's a master at every craft.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Seconded

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

N

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cornuto posted:

Before the timeskip we should ask Ishamal for detailed instructions on how to make bricks since he's a master at every craft.

Diog posted:

You ask. You spend several afternoons learning the finer points of what to do, though you will need to practice if you want to get any better. Or, you would have, if you hadn't died lost and alone in the Underdark.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
N. Let's explore this cavern then get out of here.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Cornuto posted:

Enkidel already has nearly perfect knowledge, obviously surpassing me at least in this matter, so it's a waste of time imo.

Also it might be disregarded by him because he refuses to give advice that could potentially be used for warfare.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Tsyni posted:

This is like the people who wanted to stop digging down to Amok's tomb. Keep digging, bros.

I’m kidding we should keep looking at this point

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Just Kill me already.

Ubern00b
Nov 4, 2009
N

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

L

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
M

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
O go weeeeeeeeest

We can leave when we've cleared all the fog off the minimap and found the secret chest, duh.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

N

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

K

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
K

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

K

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

:yikes:

Ouroborus
Mar 31, 2010

I really only come here for the Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens CYOA these days.
SA was one of the first websites I ever frequented, waaaaay back in the day. I only got off my ass and got an account about 8 years ago. I bought the platinum upgrade recently.
N

Hey Diog, how big an oiled leather bag could we reasonably make? Could we make one big enough to hold Uriah?

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

N. This is interesting and I don't see anything worth being so afraid of here.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
L

Been a while since I have voted, would be rude not to!

Voting L, I think we should come back when we have permission to die.

Personally I think this entire situation seems like the calm before a storm and we have more important things to attend to than meet a grisly end.

Maybe worth asking Ishamal about the things we did discover before going further.

Edit: I think it's important to add, have we ever found anything deep underground in Ur that has been good news?

Foppington fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 19, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The Hive were a really cool and nice thing from underground, although technically in this timeline we never discovered them. Old Amalek was also underground and probably one of the most important discoveries of the entire game.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Yep, but all of these were outside of Ur weren't they?

I agree the Hive was both cool and nice. Rip answers.

Edit: Basically my theory is there is a force that defines the borders of Ur and prevents (to a degree) big nasties from roaming freely. The really big nasties sure seem skeptical when it comes to treading here, yet a lot of the small nasties seem to thrive underground? I get the impression that a lot of nasty stuff that would usually be roaming up top has been driven underground in Ur. The screaming under Zepath is a pretty good example, as well as the Norc underground abductions.

Foppington fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 19, 2018

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
N

I basically want to find more answers relating to the bronze bracelet, and what is up with the bones. If this place is nonthreatening I see no reason to to freak out about it or disturb it much, and if it is threatening then I'd want to retreat and come up with a plan for the Balls to pacify it. Can't make a decision on either unless we explore.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

We've never found anything cool deep underground inside Ur specifically because we've never BEEN deep underground inside Ur specifically.

E: Is the OrmPit is technically in Ur? If so, I think that's the only time we've actually been deep underground in Ur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

Crazycryodude posted:

We've never found anything cool deep underground inside Ur specifically because we've never BEEN deep underground inside Ur specifically.

E: Is the OrmPit is technically in Ur? If so, I think that's the only time we've actually been deep underground in Ur.

I don't think that has actually been mentioned? Didn't we fly to get out of there or do I misremember? If we flew then it is definitely outside of Ur.

Edit: I remember that in many Diog posts the Orm was used as a benchmark of "is it ok to fly out there", so I think it is outside.