Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
We'll always have our hands full with our Balls guys, don't pitch a fit over just one or two!

But seriously, a lot of concern itt regarding imaginary testes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Changing my vote to Plan Knife. VVV

Oh hell, it worked before...let's try again and see what happens.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 11, 2014

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
All this pressure is going to give us performance anxiety and we won't be able to do the horizontal samba this way.

Seeing as this is a yes/no question with no clear right choice, why don't we consult our lucky knife? Throw it into the air and if it points at ourselves, no castrate, points at Ishamal, then castrate. I see nothing wrong with this plan.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

All this pressure is going to give us performance anxiety and we won't be able to do the horizontal samba this way.

Seeing as this is a yes/no question with no clear right choice, why don't we consult our lucky knife? Throw it into the air and if it points at ourselves, no castrate, points at Ishamal, then castrate. I see nothing wrong with this plan.
If the votes for A and B are really close I'd be... kinda ok with this.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Right now, you want me to decide, in this conversation?

today, tomorrow.

Hey Ish, you know what might allay my concerns? Talking with a second person about this. Let's go talk with Azzazel.

edit: (p.s. best cyoa.)

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 11, 2014

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

JT Jag posted:

If the votes for A and B are really close I'd be... kinda ok with this.

Hahaha, if we do this ish is just going to cover his hand with his face and sigh.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Spit in his face and go talk to Azz

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Slaan posted:

Spit in his face and go talk to Azz

This goon. I like this goon right here. You have the right idea, my friend.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Hahaha, if we do this ish is just going to cover his hand with his face and sigh.

While he is sighing, throw the knife in the air before he can object.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ask Ishamal: when you convinced Tudiya to allow me to pursue Naomi's hand in marriage, were you expecting me to succeed?
Also ask: What's the deal with the presence I sense in the club you made me?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
This is a difficult one. On one hand, there's a lot of potential in having kids and exploring our lineage. On the other, it's apparently very dangerous and could get very, very ugly.

Voting B. We can always adopt. Plus it gives us a free ticket on whoring ourselves around. No bastards!

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Talk to Azz. He gives fewer fucks about rules and might tell us more.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Seriously, that's the second time that some mysterious individual approaches us and demands to make life-changing decisions based solely on the tiny scraps of knowledge they decide to give up. Ishamal does the same thing as Bareen, only that instead of feeding us lies, he flat out refuses to tell us loving anything. I see no reason to trust him implicitly or even agree to anything more than learning from him.

A.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

the_steve posted:

Ask Ishamal: when you convinced Tudiya to allow me to pursue Naomi's hand in marriage, were you expecting me to succeed?

This is a very, very good question.

If he's so terrified of us having children, then what the hell was he doing helping us wed our childhood sweetheart? Who's a lady from a family that's super-big on having kids, no less? :psyduck:

I wonder if it's because orders changed?

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Changing vote to Go see Azz before we decide

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

quote:

What if we weren't to get married? At least for now. Could we delay this decision?
"Within a few years it will not be possible to make your seed infertile."

quote:

Can we talk to Naomi about even not being able to have children?
"Carefully, but yes."

quote:

Ishamal, will you teach me how to make monuments like Zepa's Obelisk?
"In time, yes."

quote:

Ask Ishamal : "If i am so strongly blooded, why do I not have six fingers?"
"Do you recall the questions you asked where I said I am not revealing the mysteries of the world to you this eve? That is one of those."

quote:

"I did, yes."

quote:

Also ask: What's the deal with the presence I sense in the club you made me?
"We have other concerns this eve."

Enough support I am making this a formal vote.

Do you go talk to Azzazel? The goat-rock at the river side is about half a nights walk away. If he watches it. You could go and return by fawn.

2. Do you go try to find Azzazel before answering?
D. No.
E. Yes.
F. Yes and I bring a goat.

Anyone want to count the main vote? It remains open till at least I get home later tonight but I would like to see where we stand.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
E. Although I kinda suspect just going to that rock might not be enough and we have to go off into the wildlands.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
gently caress it. F.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

2. F. I'd also like to swing by Jalitha before we go if possible. She knows things and will have strong opinions on grandbabies I bet.

We probably don't even need the goat, but gently caress it, goats are cool so whatever.

Ask Ishamal: Why did you encourage my marriage—my marriage into a family that place a high value on progeny no less—if you do not wish me to bear children?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting F.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

2.F

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

2 F. It'd be nice to get another perspective on things.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
F. Yes and bring the cutest goat.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 11, 2014

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
F

El is our Dad. He is in prison. His Prison is Mt. Har. Smattas is the Warden and Ganal the Jailor.

Dad is imprisoned. Might be a good thing. Might not.

This probably makes Ishamal our Brother, Nephew or Uncle.

Getting snipped will have the exact opposite of the intended effect and will turn us into a monster over time.

Sogol fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 11, 2014

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Diogines posted:

You could go and return by fawn.
I look forward to this.

E

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Well it's a drat bachelor party, after all! With a goat and EVERYTHING.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
D

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

F, this should be interesting.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
F For the love of El!

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Diogines posted:

"Carefully, but yes."

You said that knowledge would let us break the world. But why should we worry if Naomi or Tudiya know things?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

uck yes!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Well it's a drat bachelor party, after all! With a goat and EVERYTHING.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

jng2058 posted:

uck yes!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Voting A and E.

Ish, I like, but he's not omniscient, he doesn't know what will be, and I can't condone making this permanent choice when we don't know what will come in the future. Ish clearly has his own agenda, it may even be the right one, but I can't take his word for it. Hell, from what we've seen, even the gods in this world aren't straight on things, why take the word of one dude as law?

It seems possibly cruel to endanger Naomi or others, if 'they' will go through them just to get to us, but I think the safer bet, if we're drastically concerned, would be not to marry, not to irrevocably scar ourselves and cut off a source of potentially life-changing resource.

Actually though, I wonder if these 'powers' haven't already been doing this poo poo quite a lot. More Blooded people have fewer male, fewer blooded descendents. Maybe that's because some higher powers have been whisking off/annihilating-before-birth those offspring with great potential; they're intentionally weeding out Might from the stock of humanity. Tudiya has only Danal because only Danal was weakly enough Blooded to be allowed to survive; they're ensuring the lines get weaker, gradually, and that the Mightiest among us aren't allowed to spread their power, so Tudiya's offspring are secretly meddled with, while weaker Mighty Men are paid less attention to, and have more as a result.

We might have never known this meddling was going on, except we're going to be too powerful to keep it a secret.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Theglavwen posted:

Voting A and E.

Ish, I like, but he's not omniscient, he doesn't know what will be, and I can't condone making this permanent choice when we don't know what will come in the future. Ish clearly has his own agenda, it may even be the right one, but I can't take his word for it. Hell, from what we've seen, even the gods in this world aren't straight on things, why take the word of one dude as law?

It seems possibly cruel to endanger Naomi or others, if 'they' will go through them just to get to us, but I think the safer bet, if we're drastically concerned, would be not to marry, not to irrevocably scar ourselves and cut off a source of potentially life-changing resource.

Actually though, I wonder if these 'powers' haven't already been doing this poo poo quite a lot. More Blooded people have fewer male, fewer blooded descendents. Maybe that's because some higher powers have been whisking off/annihilating-before-birth those offspring with great potential; they're intentionally weeding out Might from the stock of humanity. Tudiya has only Danal because only Danal was weakly enough Blooded to be allowed to survive; they're ensuring the lines get weaker, gradually, and that the Mightiest among us aren't allowed to spread their power, so Tudiya's offspring are secretly meddled with, while weaker Mighty Men are paid less attention to, and have more as a result.

We might have never known this meddling was going on, except we're going to be too powerful to keep it a secret.

Maybe they're enacting some kind of magical eugenics project to keep humans weak?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
F

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

F and take Billy too

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I was conflating the current B option with the previous Sterilization option. Smarter people explained the current B to me as "no children, but does not stunt our own growth." If that is right I can vote that after seeing Azz.

Dad is still in prison though.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe they're enacting some kind of magical eugenics project to keep humans weak?

So I'm suspecting. A bit hypocritical in the face of the whole 'changing the nature of mankind' thing, but I expect they see it as removing an influence which ought not to have been there to begin with. Which then would open up a whole new line of questions about this faction and history. If they think it ought not to have been there, is this a group that thinks they know better than El? That El was mistaken in empowering Labaras, if that's indeed what happened? Was Labaras an accident or the result of a rogue group? Was he just not supposed to breed, and that was the mistake, or do they think freeing men from the demons was a mistake altogether? Ish says he 'serves El', but would El agree, or does Ish just think it's 'in El's best interest, whatever El thinks'?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Theglavwen posted:

So I'm suspecting. A bit hypocritical in the face of the whole 'changing the nature of mankind' thing, but I expect they see it as removing an influence which ought not to have been there to begin with. Which then would open up a whole new line of questions about this faction and history. If they think it ought not to have been there, is this a group that thinks they know better than El? That El was mistaken in empowering Labaras, if that's indeed what happened? Was Labaras an accident or the result of a rogue group? Was he just not supposed to breed, and that was the mistake, or do they think freeing men from the demons was a mistake altogether? Ish says he 'serves El', but would El agree, or does Ish just think it's 'in El's best interest, whatever El thinks'?

El's in jail. Ishamal believes he serves him by keeping it that way for some reason. El might be Mad, jailing him a Mercy and the only way to protect the world? Whatever it is Ishamal does not entirely like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
1A. No sterilization, for now.
2F. Not necessarily so we can talk about our balls, but to invite him over for Enkidel's oncoming marriage.