Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I wonder if it is entirely within our power to purge our mind of thoughts and memories, specific or in total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Zeroisanumber posted:

What are Grigori?

A subset of Melachim I think. Not that it matters because we'll never learn anything because team El seems heartset on murdering every potential source of information in the name of fundamentalist religious fanaticism.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

A subset of Melachim I think. Not that it matters because we'll never learn anything because team El seems heartset on murdering every potential source of information in the name of fundamentalist religious fanaticism.

I would be more sympathetic if the people whom you're talking about weren't committed heretics.

El is the king of the world! :colbert:

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Olothreutes posted:

It could even have been Gebek himself. I would not put it past him to shout something along the lines of "I am Gebek, son of Amok, and for the transgressions of your accursed angel-son you and your line will perish!"

Tudiya also knew about the Amalakites already, no doubt through the archives- so it’s possible that whichever King or whoever that journeyed there and returned also found out a little about at least the holdings around the periphery of FakeMoks lands

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

I would be more sympathetic if the people whom you're talking about weren't committed heretics.

I'm sorry, sir, but the king of the world passed away in 1912

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Azz is our great friend that we can't completely trust, like we'd go on a road trip with them but we probably wouldn't let them be magistrate for a year or whatever.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Zeroisanumber posted:

That's a stupid loving statement. El is king of Ur, maybe, if El even exists. If El was king of the world why does giant land exist? Why does Anthar exist?

Why does it matter if they're committed heretics? They have information we want (or at least we really should want) and killing them means that information is lost.

I think hardcore team El players are scared of finding information in case it turns out El isn't real, or is a scam or something other than the god they want to believe in.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:five:

Holy poo poo, you've been a threadperson for what, a day or so? You're already fitting right in, this is fantastic.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

We can't take off our laurels here: this is Bnaimokt country!

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

MinistryofLard posted:

We were somewhere around Baitel on the edge of the grasslands when the Presence began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should take the lead..." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the caravan, which was going about 10,000 paces a day to Kadmonim.

Saganlives fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 19, 2018

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

A false name for something or other, devised by the monster spirit known as Azzazel to lead us astray. You and the other true believers don't need to worry about it.

Lmao

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Patrick Spens posted:

Somebody warned Tudiya in a dream that Taanach was radioactive and that no one should drink water from the river for several days. I assume it was the Melachim.

I thought they communicated that through Ish.

(I'm happy to be corrected, but my memory was that Ish conveyed that information.)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

A false name for something or other, devised by the monster spirit known as Azzazel to lead us astray. You and the other true believers don't need to worry about it.

Zepa's monument mentioned that name too.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Zepa's monument mentioned that name too.

More evidence that a full inquisition is required to purge this demonic corruption.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
We should have the Fare worshipper burned at the loving stake (steak for Slaan).

Lets do our first public execution here in Libnah. We can figure out what to do with the rest of the poor shmucks later.
We could even have some of our sons pick em up for us. We have plenty of sons who would love to do typical father son/grandpa grandson stuff for us like picking up cultists, reinspiring the faith and executing the heretic.
Ahh this game just gives me the warm fuzzy feelings sometimes.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

What are Grigori?

Ish has said it's a different name for the melachim, but I'm not 100% sure that's true given the usage elsewhere. It seems to have a fairly universal etymological root, though, because Gregarem and other such terms have shown up as well and are pretty clearly related.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Outrail posted:

That's a stupid loving statement. El is king of Ur, maybe, if El even exists. If El was king of the world why does giant land exist? Why does Anthar exist?

El created Demons to test mankind. He could destroy them at any time, but to do so wouldn’t be to deny Men their free will and the chance to prove themselves worthy of climbing Mt. Har.

EL HA MELECH

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Tudiya didn't learn Gebek's name from in Bnaimokt prisoners because no Bnaimokt prisoners were taken in that battle. He very well could have learned it from Gebek himself, or in the manner Enkidel learned the Zviv's name.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
When we got back from our trip and Tudiya made Ishamal fill him in on what happened ,Tudiya already seemed to know all about the giants. Still kind of annoyed that he didn't clue us in before we went down with the intention of making allies with them.

e: It's possible he already knew Gebek's name or looked it up later in the archives? Tudiya knows a lot more than we think.

Diogines posted:

You return Tudiya's shield to him, even carrying it for months you are still not used to it, it seemed to be both truly weightless and impenetrable. Tudiya hugs you for a moment and then sits, you sit next to him "Welcome home my son. Now, your report. What have you found?"

Tudiya was not at all in favor of your trip at all, when you told him you wanted to go on a grand adventure he told you "You are needed in Kavodel, but I can't blame you for not wanting to become a mushroom, can I? Learn what you can of the demons of the place if you can, but come back alive." Well, you came back alive. He wants his report. You were given some uh, rather specific instructions about not doing that at all. As if on cue, Ishamal walks into the room.

Ishamal: "He was sworn to secrecy on many of the matters he has seen Tudiya. The consequences of what he has seen are feared to bring danger to Zepath if spread."

Tudiya frowns, not at all happy about this and says "I excused his absence for near a year and now you want him silent?"

Ishamal says in an apologetic tone: "It is feared what may come should he speak."

Tudiya says in a commanding tone with obvious frustration "Fine, then you speak. Tell me what he found." That is more than a bit uncharacteristic, greatly so in fact. Ishamal has been one of his advisors and as a man of great age his wisdom is valued but you've never seen Tudiya actually order him before!

Ishamal, looking a bit surprised says "I did not think it was time yet? Are you sure?"

Tudiya: "He bloodied the demons and returns in glory with hundreds of children. He is my heir. Yes. It is time."

Ishamal, looking less than surprised at this turn of events "Let me give the report first Tudiya and if you are still certain, speak of it after?"

Tudiya: "Very well. Now, tell me what he found."

Ishamal says "He found a number of strange monsters including the Many Headed Titan of Belus though he left it. By chance, he stumbled upon the ruins of Amalek. Within Sebekai was slain by a mindless terror, yet within as well was found an ancient creature of great power and... Enkidel woke it from its ancient slumber. It departed shortly after."

Tudiya knows about Amalek!?

Tudiya: "What is this creature?"

Ishamal: "I cannot say. Nor may he. The rest of his brothers are being sworn to secrecy."

Tudiya: "Is this truly necessary?"

Ishamal: "I have been told it is."

Tudiya, frowns, obviously displeased at information being kept from him: "Is it a danger to us?"

Ishamal: "I have not been told. The creature has great power but it is unpredictable, though it is unlikely to come to Zepath. It may have launched an assault on the demons of the mountains-" Tudiya's smile grows a bit more... "-journeying on, he found the land of the Amalkite Giants. The least of their holdings at the periphery, Enkidel slew many giants by his own hand and many more slain with stealth and guile with his comrades-" A smile creeps across Tudiya's somber face "-his deeds found favor on high and the greatest demon of the place was bound and chained. For a time. The other demons were put to the sword. The odds were tremendously against them, overwhelming so, yet with guile and cunning they had victory. His actions found such favor on high that he was tempted with many things he might delight in as reward, yet he instead chose a speedy path to rescue the children of the slaves of the place."

The smile creeping across Tudiya's face has finished its creep. Tudiya is actually smiling! Then he says "Are they preparing for war? Will they retaliate?"

Ishamal: "He found no signs of preparations, the opposite, they were caught unawares. I have been told it is gravely unlikely retaliation will come in the short term and even in many years, I am told it is unlikely they will respond."

Cornuto fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 19, 2018

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cornuto posted:

When we got back from our trip and Tudiya made Ishamal fill him in on what happened ,Tudiya already seemed to know all about the giants. Still kind of annoyed that he didn't clue us in before we went down with the intention of making allies with them.

To be fair, we didn't exactly clue him in on that.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MinistryofLard posted:

This thread is so incredibly beautiful

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Why does it matter if they're committed heretics? They have information we want (or at least we really should want) and killing them means that information is lost.

I think hardcore team El players are scared of finding information in case it turns out El isn't real, or is a scam or something other than the god they want to believe in.

It is both an aspirational statement and a statement of fact. Those who deny it are heretics and demon worshippers who should be killed or forcibly converted. The fact that they're here in Ur and making converts is doubly-sinful because this is land which is already claimed by El.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Cornuto posted:

e: It's possible he already knew Gebek's name or looked it up later in the archives? Tudiya knows a lot more than we think.

“I am told it’s unlikely they will respond”

Great foresight on part of the Trio there.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Mr. Nemo posted:

I think when we used the Seir arrow we clued in Gebek to where we were. Which is why he showed up at Acco.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mr. Nemo posted:

There was a scene later on where Gebek tracked our trail back to the clearing we teleported out of. He may very well have sniffed us out from there.

I just lol at how completely pissed off he must've been when he finally broke out of his room and found that we'd sacked his town, killed all of his men who were anywhere nearby, stole all of his food, and robbed anything worthwhile.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Zeroisanumber posted:

There was a scene later on where Gebek tracked our trail back to the clearing we teleported out of. He may very well have sniffed us out from there.

I just lol at how completely pissed off he must've been when he finally broke out of his room and found that we'd sacked his town, killed all of his men who were anywhere nearby, stole all of his food, and robbed anything worthwhile.

I think that was a poster's fan-fiction rather than a Diogenes post.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cornuto posted:

I think that was a poster's fan-fiction rather than a Diogenes post.

I swear it was a Diog post but who can really say anymore?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Zeroisanumber posted:

I swear it was a Diog post but who can really say anymore?

I think we *did* have a follow-up vision suggesting that he discovered us, but there was also a fan-fiction post about it.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I don't think you need to write a fan fic to imagine that he was mightily pissed off at being so owned.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Outrail posted:

Information is great, but we need to be massively suspicious of information coming from cultists, since they have every reason to lie to us. Also they have their own very clearly wrong beliefs in the form of their creation myths. "Nusku created the world!" "No, Asherah created the world!" Hell, the Amalek giants probably believe their new Amok created the world.

If you want a candidate for the creator, we can feel the great and overwhelming presence of Mt Har. Even Amok could feel that. Where are the equivalent presences for neo-Amok, or Nusku, or Asherah?

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

There Bias Two posted:

I think we *did* have a follow-up vision suggesting that he discovered us, but there was also a fan-fiction post about it.

This is right. Someone wrote a few mini CYOA posts from Gebek's perspective that included another Amalakite giant using their powers at the El Grove to track down Enkidel + Co. Later, Enkidel had a vision that seemed to show a very angry presence investigating the grove. I think the vision showed the stumps of the trees that were transformed into the poles used in the teleport.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Information is great, but we need to be massively suspicious of information coming from cultists, since they have every reason to lie to us. Also they have their own very clearly wrong beliefs in the form of their creation myths. "Nusku created the world!" "No, Asherah created the world!" Hell, the Amalek giants probably believe their new Amok created the world.

If you want a candidate for the creator, we can feel the great and overwhelming presence of Mt Har. Even Amok could feel that. Where are the equivalent presences for neo-Amok, or Nusku, or Asherah?

amalekite giants believe the world was created in a massive cannibalistic blood orgy, we actually asked about

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Triple dad's comments on war are interesting given what we know now. Ish and 3d know and knew a lot more than they let on.

We should talk to dad more.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Actually it seems as though 3d wanted to talk about other things, it's time - he's my heir - just done a thing. Yet ish only recalled what we already know because we did it almost as a change of subject?

Does anyone else read the passage that way?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Even lies cast a shadow of truth. Yes we know they'll lie about some things, but they'll tell the truth about other things. If we get enough statements from enough disseparate sources we can get an idea of what's true and what's made up bullshit.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Outrail posted:

Even lies cast a shadow of truth. Yes we know they'll lie about some things, but they'll tell the truth about other things. If we get enough statements from enough disseparate sources we can get an idea of what's true and what's made up bullshit.

Basically this. Same way we can sorta suss out what the true names of things may be, or at least see the relation of concepts across cultures and civs in this world by asking them about (x) and seeing the common etymological roots and archetypes.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

SerSpook posted:

amalekite giants believe the world was created in a massive cannibalistic blood orgy, we actually asked about

FoxTerrier posted:

Oh yeah, one more, kind of a big one:

how do your gods claim the world began and your kind was created?

Diogines posted:

The giant says "The Great Ancient Ones copulated with and feasted with and upon each other. The world is what remains from their orgy of blood and death. The Pantokrator, the greatest of their children built Amalek and sculpted us from clay and amber."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Huh. Somehow in my head I got it mixed up that the Pantokrator was the creator of all else in their story. Apparently the Pantokrator was a child of the Ancient Ones.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

the ancient ones in that story are probably the original amok's kids for what it's worth, it seems to fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Interesting as I see amok as a big cool dude but a lower tier than the giants and fare.

Wonder how the timing works. If his kids build fake amok then surely he should be more powerful.

But then why is fare still happily ticking along with seemingly no damage.