Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tsyni posted:

We went this way mostly to go to Efrat... But now we aren't going to try and sneak in. Why are we shooting ourselves in the foot here?

Sure we are, we're just going to see if the easy way works first. We're gonna get in either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Whats on the northeastern border?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Azuth0667 posted:

Well Seir is far to the north, so I'd presume probably dragons?

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Azuth0667 posted:

That's where Zepath's territory ends and Ur's begins. So we would get the attention of the non-Zepathan Melachim, and they would beat us up or something.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Because there’s no such thing a straightforward vote of ‘use all of Enkidels various superhuman senses and skills to sneak into the Walled City’. More complications must be added for it to have a chance of working

pumpinglemma posted:

Honestly, I think if we go in openly and word filters into the temple, there's a pretty good chance Amos himself will give us a way in. We know he was able to spirit the elixir through the guards.

doubtful- sure he did us a solid but I brought a homeless guy a meal once- it doesn’t mean I want him to show up inside my house 10 yrs later

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

He later specified he meant the northeastern border of Zepa's lands, thus dumping us right on the doorstep of Ur proper where the Trio won't do anything to stop whatever happens.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tsyni posted:

We went this way mostly to go to Efrat... But now we aren't going to try and sneak in. Why are we shooting ourselves in the foot here?

Gosh I dunno, there's no plausible justification. Guess we're just wrongvoters.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Working my way through a reread. Diog, who is in charge of picking Kavodel's ironsmiths now that Samson is the Accotopus' best friend / captured by Fare / mistaken for a falling star and embedded in a crater / in Melachim Jail for flying?

Edit: never mind, IRC reminded me ironworking got aborted

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 23, 2018

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Plan for when we get into the city: Ask someone (a priest, I guess?) to deliver a message to King Amos which thanks him for the gift he sent us and asks if we can talk with him. Try to get an estimate from the priest of how soon we might expect a response, but tell him he can't read the message. Try to give Amos some idea of how long we plan on being in the city so this doesn't get dragged out. This plan wastes time if we have to wait a long time for a response (in which case we might decide to sneak in anyway), but if Amos says no meeting, that saves us from sneaking in only to get some kind of "how dare you" speech. If he says yes, he probably has a good idea of how to get us in. We can scope out the walls/do other things in the city while we wait for a response.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Working my way through a reread. Diog, who is in charge of picking Kavodel's ironsmiths now that Samson is the Accotopus' best friend / captured by Fare / mistaken for a falling star and embedded in a crater / in Melachim Jail for flying?

Edit: never mind, IRC reminded me ironworking got aborted

In the same vein though:
Who is the "top" smith in Zepath, now that Samson is out of the picture?

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

When Samson picked the non smiths at Kavodel Enkidel should have taught them how to be smiths to spite Samson and claim he wanted them to learn because he picked them.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Polgas posted:

When Samson picked the non smiths at Kavodel Enkidel should have taught them how to be smiths to spite Samson and claim he wanted them to learn because he picked them.

What a forward thnking guy he was. Voting to found the Samson Memorial School of Metallurgy.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Just for once, there should be a winning vote for X: Insert general desired result, then Diog take the wheel since he actually has notes on all of our capabilities and resources, and goons often forget Crucial Info and Bandwagon Lemming us into a Bad Spot.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Blasphemaster posted:

Just for once, there should be a winning vote for X: Insert general desired result, then Diog take the wheel since he actually has notes on all of our capabilities and resources, and goons often forget Crucial Info and Bandwagon Lemming us into a Bad Spot.

That has never gone well when we've done it in the past.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Well Seir is far to the north, so I'd presume probably dragons?

This is what i was getting at not zepaths border

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Blasphemaster posted:

Ah, the Brexit-style voting to obtain a result that satisfies no-one.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Gosh I dunno, there's no plausible justification. Guess we're just wrongvoters.

I didn't say that .. Golly, I just think this vote sets up an even harder choice. Paints us into a corner where the winning vote was to go this way to see Amos, but we have to take a greater risk to see him because of this first approach.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 23, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

jazzyhattrick posted:

What a forward thnking guy he was. Voting to found the Samson Memorial School of Metallurgy.

Lol drat as soon as the walls/temple finish and open up a Major Project slot on timeskips, we 10000% have to do the option to found a smithing trade school and name it this

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Crazycryodude posted:

Lol drat as soon as the walls/temple finish and open up a Major Project slot on timeskips, we 10000% have to do the option to found a smithing trade school and name it this

This has been proposed before, trades are strictly master/apprentice situations and generally are passed down within the same family. The tradespeople would riot.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

This has been proposed before, trades are strictly master/apprentice situations and generally are passed down within the same family. The tradespeople would riot.

I feel like we could sell this in Kavodel as necessary for defense against the escalating demon attacks. Have a " forge school" where masters take on more than one apprentice, maybe not many more at first. Try and ease into things

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tsyni posted:

I feel like we could sell this in Kavodel as necessary for defense against the escalating demon attacks. Have a " forge school" where masters take on more than one apprentice, maybe not many more at first. Try and ease into things

I agree that gradually would be the best way.
Not just for this, but for a lot of the social progress we've always wanted to implement.

Hell, look at slavery in Kavodel. It started with "Hey, we need everyone to be able to grab a weapon." as our perfectly rational excuse for not having any, and over time, Kavodelians got used to it to the point that it's the new normal.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I'm aware. They can get hosed, we need a lot more smiths than we currently have. Call it military necessity, we don't even have enough armor for our militia, we DESPERATELY need more smiths. The Kavodelians will be fine, Zepath is gonna hate us no matter what, might as well do the things we need to do.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

We've also had the option during time skips to devote time to equipping the general population. It'd probably be a good idea to oversee it ourselves, maybe get some bonus to the results due to our efforts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I say let's break our treaty with Zepa and go full Cannibal King.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

AbysmalPeptoBismol posted:

We've also had the option during time skips to devote time to equipping the general population. It'd probably be a good idea to oversee it ourselves, maybe get some bonus to the results due to our efforts.

Or we can let the unblooded people make the unblooded gear and spend our forge time on things they CAN'T do. Worst case, Tudiya tells us to stop with the trade school and we're back where we started, but we also haven't lost anything either. And more likely is he begrudgingly lets it continue because technically nothing says you CAN'T do it.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Crazycryodude posted:

I'm aware. They can get hosed, we need a lot more smiths than we currently have. Call it military necessity, we don't even have enough armor for our militia, we DESPERATELY need more smiths. The Kavodelians will be fine, Zepath is gonna hate us no matter what, might as well do the things we need to do.

I think we should spin it as needing to teach the Gebbians the arts of Labaras. You know, since they are currently stuck as farmers.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

super sweet best pal posted:

I say let's break our treaty with Zepa and go full Cannibal King.

As soon as the temple is complete...

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

This is what i was getting at not zepaths border

Oh, whoops. We asked Aaron and he said the most north east city in Ur was Sittace, which we know nothing about. I suspect beyond there is maybe Kadmonim land, or just wilderness filled with awful poo poo supposedly descended from Ogar? I have no idea why I think Ogar's spawn are up that way but I do.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Olothreutes posted:

Oh, whoops. We asked Aaron and he said the most north east city in Ur was Sittace, which we know nothing about. I suspect beyond there is maybe Kadmonim land, or just wilderness filled with awful poo poo supposedly descended from Ogar? I have no idea why I think Ogar's spawn are up that way but I do.

That's Dragoom, mother of dragons IIRC. Ogar is either dead or chained under the earth, depends. Ogar would be the presence which observes us from below as well.

Kind of surprised Ogar hasn't given a crack at the surface world what with Quetzals progeny, Asherah and Dragoom having a go at Ur. Maybe since he owns the vast majority of the planet uncontested he just doesn't give a gently caress and thinks playing for the surface is a hilariously bad idea with Asherah in the mix.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

EmpyreanFlux posted:

That's Dragoom, mother of dragons IIRC. Ogar is either dead or chained under the earth, depends. Ogar would be the presence which observes us from below as well.

Kind of surprised Ogar hasn't given a crack at the surface world what with Quetzals progeny, Asherah and Dragoom having a go at Ur. Maybe since he owns the vast majority of the planet uncontested he just doesn't give a gently caress and thinks playing for the surface is a hilariously bad idea with Asherah in the mix.

I thought Ogar was responsible for ogres, orcs, trolls, giants and their ilk? For some reason in my mind those are the sorts of things that trouble the Kadmonim so my brain decided that Ogar is the primary issue to the north east, while Dragoom seems to be north/northwest. I assumed the center of the earth presence was Leviathan, who is essentially a mystery beyond the name.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

A obviously wins though voting is not closed, we will hopefully update tomorrow.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
B

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I thought Ogar was monsters and Leviathan was watching from below?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Did I get that reversed? I could have sworn it was Ogar below us but it makes biblical sense for it to be Leviathan.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

EmpyreanFlux posted:

Did I get that reversed? I could have sworn it was Ogar below us but it makes biblical sense for it to be Leviathan.

I don’t think we know at all and it’s all just guesswork

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The ancient primal demons were all killed by the Melachim before the creation of man. According to the Old Tales. You don't know if they had specific places they resided in other than Asherak which was the creator of the horrors of the depths and thus presumably was in the ocean?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Let's just finish our mission.

Voting to discover ancient weapon.

Done in one. :smug:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I'd settle for Labaras' Handy Handbook of Bad Thing Weaknesses.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Olothreutes posted:

I thought Ogar was responsible for ogres, orcs, trolls, giants and their ilk? For some reason in my mind those are the sorts of things that trouble the Kadmonim so my brain decided that Ogar is the primary issue to the north east, while Dragoom seems to be north/northwest. I assumed the center of the earth presence was Leviathan, who is essentially a mystery beyond the name.

I'm almost positive that the things harassing the Kadmonim that we know of are Ogar-things (northeast) and presumably-Nusku-things (Shelekesh Desert, south of grasslands and east-southeast from Ur.

This doesn't necessarily mean that Ogar isn't also responsible for underground beasties, but Fare also seems to have SOME interaction with the underground. ...if only that traveling the shallow Undurdark in a brisk fashion is safer than trying to escape Mighty Men aboveground. :v:

I'd go with the Leviathan theory if I had to guess right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

We need just a little more time, the next one should be tomorrow, sorry folks. We might finish tonight but I doubt it, so, probably tomorrow.