Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Olothreutes posted:

I wonder how much of earth's population lives within 300 miles of a large body of water? How big are we talking here? Do the great lakes count? Is this based on volume or surface area of the body of water? What about rivers?

Great lakes count. Rivers do not.

edit - Let's just say anything the size of Lake Ontario or bigger? That seems like a fair starting point. I may also be off by about 20 miles based on a quick trip to googlemaps. That's not bad though.

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Diogines posted:

The terrible, terrible taste that some of you have in "beverages"(and we use that word loosely) are motivating us to get you an update quicker, but no new ETA.

water is the one true beverage

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Plain Seltzer w/ Juice of a whole Lime and Lemon.

Alternatively, High Strength Tulsi/Hibiscus Tea carbonated in one of those Sodastream things.

Seriously though, Birch Beer. I prefer Diet if I can get it, since sugary soda doesn't taste good to me anymore now that I've weened myself off of sugar for the most part.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
just get drunk imo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

just get drunk imo

On what tho?

:can:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

just get drunk imo

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Outrail posted:

On what tho?

:can:

Fermented shitposts

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Just catching up. Life has been doing its thing last few months so no time. Only been able to read the last couple of months of Diog posts this week.

After such a break mostly want to express how amazing and rich this story telling is from Diog. I sometimes lose sight of that in the micro fuckery of votes. Thank you Diog. This is a truly amazing feat of lore, world generation and emergent story telling.

Also... can someone briefly explain what exactly our epiphany was? I don’t think I quite get it.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Sogol posted:

Just catching up. Life has been doing its thing last few months so no time. Only been able to read the last couple of months of Diog posts this week.

After such a break mostly want to express how amazing and rich this story telling is from Diog. I sometimes lose sight of that in the micro fuckery of votes. Thank you Diog. This is a truly amazing feat of lore, world generation and emergent story telling.

Also... can someone briefly explain what exactly our epiphany was? I don’t think I quite get it.

We realized that 'mundane' blooded crafting comes down to being stubborn and repeatedly telling/willing the piece of blooded bronze to be the ideal version of what you are trying to create.
Probably applies to making stuff that is not blooded bronze as well.

However it is completely contradictory to the magical crafting we have done.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Sogol posted:

Dr pepper is average at best.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Ah. Thank you.

Does sort of fit with the meditative aspect of the Acco arrow, though guess we had no idea what the "ideal" would be. Doesn’t seem like the Bull would be made that way or the waifarrow.

Anyway... thank you.

Do we think there are any hominids in Badad or is it essentially AI of some sort?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Outrail posted:

Dr pepper is average at best.

Well at least that is useful. Prune juice.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I feel bad for those young adventurers that elected to form their own bands and strike out on their own. Enkidel already upstaged the slave lib one and now he out traded the one with the adventure trade mix. And the probable blue stone source is going to be some badass monster. The total time it takes for enkidel to do it all will probably take about a day too.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
just get drunk imo

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
somehow my browser rememberd my last post and posted it again when I opened up the tab from yesterday. I dunno. I stand by it tho.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

just get drunk imo

It bears repeating

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Sogol posted:

Do we think there are any hominids in Badad or is it essentially AI of some sort?

My guess is no hominids, they probably look something more like this:

But organic non-human sapients rather than an AI, yeah.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Would Team Hunger eat a whole brewery, or keep it intact for further booze production? :thunk:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Hey, even Asherah has farms.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Crazycryodude posted:

It's also possible that there's some truth to that story, where they were humans once, but too much meddling in the mystic arts turned them into something a bit different.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Eyes on the inside monkey.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Blasphemaster posted:

Would Team Hunger eat a whole brewery, or keep it intact for further booze production? :thunk:

Eating processed foods is for the lazy. Team hunger eats everything raw

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Crazycryodude posted:

man those ankles are crazy wanna see how they work

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Looks like a bog standard digitigrade ankle to me.

I do agree with your previous statement though.

just get drunk imo

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

man those ankles are crazy wanna see how they work

Buy me dinner first and maybe :wink:

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

ooor, hear me out here: they're just very blooded xenophobic people.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's either a "technically advanced society meets less advanced humans and considers them sub-human" kind of thing, or they're literally not human.

E: Or I guess it could be they no longer consider themselves human.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Magnusth posted:

ooor, hear me out here: they're just very blooded xenophobic people.

The fact that they're calling us monkeys rather than decadent assholes makes me think they aren't humans. Or they don't consider outsiders to be humans

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:siren: something showed up :siren:

"christian classics" eh? I dunno i heard about what might be in here doesn't seem like it'll be overly christical

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

They could be super blooded dudes who call us monkeys because of how dumb they see us I guess. Just equally likely they aren’t men.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

ELO Musk posted:

They could be super blooded dudes who call us monkeys because of how dumb they see us I guess. Just equally likely they aren’t men.

My current crazy theory: In the Peoples Laser of Nibdhsjhfsjdfhsl is Badad and all his half melachim children, who took on non-human forms. Over centuries this warped their minds, and made them 'see' the inferiority of the human form. They're the prime example of how changing your form changes your thoughts.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
With chains shall they be bound,
and in their assemblage-place of destruction shall they be imprisoned,
and all their works vanish from the face of the earth.

slaan ur hosed
team hunger's a dead end it says right here

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Melachim take human form to talk to us, but it’s thread canon that’s they’re Wheels with Eyes and hosed Up Dragon and other weird rear end forms. I hope if Fare really went rogue they look like 6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe and ride around on a skeleton motorcycle.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
sounds like we're on the edge of some real hardcore poo poo, talkin' Great Holy Ones and stuff like that

appear in the strength of His might from the heaven
of heavens. And all shall be smitten with fear
And the Watchers shall quake,
And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

And the high mountains shall be shaken,
And the high hills shall be made low,
And shall melt like wax before the flame.

And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,
and all that is upon the earth shall perish,
and there shall be judgement upon all.

Yeah! gently caress those guys!

One thing about this edition is I'm not sure if the typography is really reflecting what it's supposed to be. Like I'm not perfectly sure that brackets represent a sound reconstruction of lacunae or if quotes are a translator's clarification because syntax is way weirder in ancient Aramaic or whatever, honestly I'm not sure if those usages are super standard but I have other books that use those conventions. There's also not any commentary of any kind. I wonder if this Charles guy uses terms like "elect (noun)" faithfully or if it's some kinda Calvinist imprinting. He likes to try and ape KJV style and it gives it an almost Mormon flavor to the text. Makes sense I guess he were English.

Also there's parts where some names seem to be transliterated precisely but maybe not all names are? Uriel is in as Uriel and there's guys like Tâmîêl that in other books shows up as Tamiel. Dunno, I think I'll investigate this. It seems like more "familiar" names are converted but the "exotics" retain their diacritics? I'll really have to read the gently caress out of it, this could also be wrong and Uriel is actually supposed to be rendered exactly as it is in there. Most of the names ending with -el are actually -êl but that's potentially just because there's a lot of weirdos in the book. Azz is def in the -êl category. Michael is -el. There's also what I suspect to be descriptive titles that are instead left in the original exotic form and I think they could be easily confused as new proper names instead of references to guys already mentioned earlier on.

It's interesting stuff, fuckin fascinating.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah I gotta set this aside for now cause it's gonna be a rabbit hole. The back of the book says RH Charles is English, Wiki says he's Irish. That's not even anything to do with the text itself.

e: I never even said thanks what a goddamn ingrate! I'm def gonna be fuckin with this heavily tho, it's weird as hell.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
You silly bastards, the moscow mule is the king of beverages.

Copper cup
Ice
2 oz vodka
1 oz lime juice
Fill with ginger beer

2nd place goes to a vodka paralyzer.

tall glass
ice
2oz vodka
1oz strong coffee
fill half of the rest of the way with chocolate milk, and then top with coke.

Just kidding, bourbon is the king of beverages. As much as it pains me as a Canadian to say it, America makes the best whisky.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

You silly bastards, the moscow mule is the king of beverages.

Copper cup
Ice
2 oz vodka
1 oz lime juice
Fill with ginger beer

2nd place goes to a vodka paralyzer.

tall glass
ice
2oz vodka
1oz strong coffee
fill half of the rest of the way with chocolate milk, and then top with coke.

Just kidding, bourbon is the king of beverages. As much as it pains me as a Canadian to say it, America makes the best whisky.

As I said 1 page ago, tequila is better than vodka in a mule (a mexican mule if you will)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

They had to git gud at something after the godawful, cursed things they did to beer.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hexenritter posted:

They had to git gud at something after the godawful, cursed things they did to beer.

I don't think modern Americans should be damned for the crimes of their fathers. Prohibition hosed everything up and basically nuked almost all normal beers and left only the megacorps to limp along with non-alcoholic products. When it was repealed they decided to go with the lowest denominator because they had this huge field open -- it wasn't local or all that regional anymore, so they went for poo poo that got the job done.

No they shouldn't be blamed for past sins they should be blamed for still drinking that piss even today smdh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Some of us are doing our best to unfuck the beer industry