Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

HBar posted:

C. If those rooms are for people with wings, they're going to be the most interesting. And this might be our only chance before Uriah wakes up. Everything on the ground floor can wait.

We are climbing there. We are forbidden from flying. Uriah can easily reach the other floors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

C

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

C

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
C

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

C

Battle Tower :(

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
C

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Y'all have cool avatars, someone point at someone.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

F

Stay on mission :colbert:

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

We are climbing there. We are forbidden from flying. Uriah can easily reach the other floors.
I was thinking we'd be walking straight up with our sandals, which we're still keeping a secret. But yeah, if the other rooms are still easily reachable by mundane means then it's not as urgent.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Infinity Gaia posted:

C

Battle Tower :(

The battle tower is still there wait

diog we didn’t lock the door. Can we stay close to the opening and check if the light is dimming?

I assume the holograms can’t leave the room, but don’t wanna risk TWO groundhogs leaving and attacking Uriah while he is unconscious.

But as I was saying, after looting we can still do the battle tower/climb the outsid(may requiere staying another night). Besides everyone knows there are useful items before each dungeon. Maybe we will find a sword with +5 against burrowing companies.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

We're no Aish.

If only a few men ever made it to the actual top and that was back in a time closer to Zepath's founding, we should probably leave it be. For now. When we can travel the length of Ur in a month (or less) we'll probably be more ready to climb this thing.

We've earned some knowledge about Ur's past, we'll loot some trinkets from this place, and Uriah learned how to make us hit hard enough to damage barkstone. That's not too bad of a haul for a few hours exploring an ancient tower.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
G

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
D, so that the angel mafia can immediately confiscate them.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
C time to loot and have heretical thoughts in peace until Uriah wakes up.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

C

I would vote D but I think waiting for Uriah to wake up is prudent so he can get some reading in, just in case they actually do get confiscated.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
C

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Task Manager posted:

H. In the section of the wall with thousands of names, at the bottom write in our new alphabet, "Smote a demon, got stuck in a door, despite our best efforts, couldn't pass the first floor." Then sign it with our best rendering of :enkidel:

loving lmao

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Task Manager posted:

H. In the section of the wall with thousands of names, at the bottom write in our new alphabet, "Smote a demon, got stuck in a door, despite our best efforts, couldn't pass the first floor." Then sign it with our best rendering of :enkidel:

Lmfao... voting this plus B

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
C. Plenty of time for cabinet bustin' soon enough.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

C
and
H Plan Taskmanager
In the section of the wall with thousands of names, at the bottom write in our new alphabet, "Smote a demon, got stuck in a door, despite our best efforts, couldn't pass the first floor." Then sign it with our best rendering of :enkidel:

If the loot is sent to Baitel for storage can Baitel/Church of El just take the stuff according to Urian law without asking?

Is the barkstone door slowly healing at all?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Polgas posted:

If the loot is sent to Baitel for storage can Baitel/Church of El just take the stuff according to Urian law without asking?
Unclear. There is no standard. If the House of El says they are supposed to have something, they just... declare it and take it? Who would possibly defy the will of the representatives of El upon Urth? Well, fools in the Donut, but besides them, no one else?

If you loot the place such that you send off a caravan worth, you are certainly going to hide it, if for no other reason than to ensure no one founds out where you got the goods from. The locals of Carine would be upset if you loot "their" temple and the House of El probably won't be happy for just... a bunch of reasons?

Polgas posted:

Is the barkstone door slowly healing at all?
It is not.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 20, 2019

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

if we make the inscription it’s p funny to think later on down the road someone else comes along and pieces all this together. then they get to the second room and it’s two gophers and think that Enkidel was a massive wuss.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Task Manager posted:

changing my vote to This plus plan B

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Diogines posted:

Unclear. There is no standard. If the House of El says they are supposed to have something, they just... declare it and take it? Who would possibly defy the will of the representatives of El upon Urth? Well, fools in the Donut, but besides them, no one else?

Diogines posted:

The Obelisk shakes angrily and says
"ANY SO FOOLISH AS TO TRY TO STEAL FROM ME A SCRAP OF GRASS, A GRAIN OF SAND OR EVEN A SINGLE SANDAL STRAP SHALL PERISH. I AM ZEPA KING OF ZEPATH AND THESE ARE THE LANDS OF MY SEED FOREVER."

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

E
Let Uriah get some rest so he can wake up refreshed and politely remind us that THE TOWER IS A GODDAMNED STUPID WASTE OF TIME AND WE SHOULD HAVE LEFT 10 UPDATES AGO.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Is carrying Uriah with us an option? if so, B. it would be amazing to have the mightiest warrior of Kavodel savaged by grass rodents, but I don't want to risk Uriah getting harmed.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Unrelated to the current situation but has Enkidel ever asked Tudiya when the tradition of kings not wanting to be kings started given that Zepa really wanted to be one?

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?
C

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Polgas posted:

Unrelated to the current situation but has Enkidel ever asked Tudiya when the tradition of kings not wanting to be kings started given that Zepa really wanted to be one?

Did Zepa want to be King?
Or did he just want to go Galt and have his own patch of land to do what he wanted without other bastards griefing him about it?

I mean, why Tudiya and others not wanting to be King is pretty obvious: Generally speaking, if you're the King, then you have to stay home to do King stuff. You can't go out and be a badass and kill monsters and bathe yourself in the glory of El because you're too busy arbitrating a dispute over who owes who a cow.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Zepa not tiring of life and having to be talked into giving up his kingship when people like Tudiya would have done that a long time ago given the same context is the biggest evidence that Zepa wanted to be one. Aside from his huge statue proclaiming his kingship.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Back in Zepa's day, being King was probably a lot closer to being worshipped than it is now.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
C

Drag Uriah someplace he can rest first I hope

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Polgas posted:

No.

Volmarias posted:

Is carrying Uriah with us an option? if so, B. it would be amazing to have the mightiest warrior of Kavodel savaged by grass rodents, but I don't want to risk Uriah getting harmed.
You could, but it is not by default. We assumed you would leave him in one of the rooms on the first floor.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Imperialist Dog posted:

Drag Uriah someplace he can rest first I hope

From B to B + place Uriah on top of the giant statue.

(Please note the lack of bolding)

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
+1 to tucking Uriah in and starting a nice fire in an available fireplace to make him cozy

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
We need to close and seal the door. What if the groundhog gets out while we explore and nibbles Uriah’s toes?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

TacoNight posted:

We need to close and seal the door. What if the groundhog gets out while we explore and nibbles Uriah’s toes?

Prairie Dog Pedicure

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Unless you state otherwise, we assume on the most of the options you will close the door behind you.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You know what guys, I just had a very grim thought.

We know that the pact with Zepa is such that the guys from Baitel would never impugn upon Zepa's claim without permission. What if by breaking this irreplaceable wall in probably the oldest and most important building in one of Ur's greatest cities, we just broke a deal between Carine and the PTB in a similar fashion that will have massive repercussions that end with us living like Tweety Bird from now on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

ELO Musk posted:

You know what guys, I just had a very grim thought.

We know that the pact with Zepa is such that the guys from Baitel would never impugn upon Zepa's claim without permission. What if by breaking this irreplaceable wall in probably the oldest and most important building in one of Ur's greatest cities, we just broke a deal between Carine and the PTB in a similar fashion that will have massive repercussions that end with us living like Tweety Bird from now on?

The idea that this could happen with no warning is hard to imagine