Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
six thousand loving pages :eyepop:

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Happy 6000 pages thread!

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Wondering if that level with all the statues and busts, etc., isn't (just) an area of worship, but an old area for communication. Maybe they had some way of signalling each other through those altars. I'm reminded of Denziroh's mirror room in Madgod game.

Also assuming the room with the Amok statue had a bust for each Nephilim known at the time - or at least for each Nephilim who set himself up as a God. Could explain the absence of Amos.

e. ^^^ Oh, neat!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The tunes and oddly cut sheets seem like some kind of punch card computer or light tower communication clacks thing.

What direction were the metal tubes pointing?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Happy Page 6,000!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Outrail posted:

The tunes and oddly cut sheets seem like some kind of punch card computer or light tower communication clacks thing.

What direction were the metal tubes pointing?
At a slanted angle up, into the outer wall of the tower.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Diogines posted:

At a slanted angle up, into the outer wall of the tower.

North, south? Directly at the top of Mt Har?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Outrail posted:

North, south? Directly at the top of Mt Har?
There are many, in many directions.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Did we hear them once we started climbing? Did they just disappear?

I assume we explored using all of our senses, so this doesn't count as "extra" exploring.

But otherwise, uhh, what the hell was living up here? Could it be that the tower is full of creatures just oustide of our vision?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr. Nemo posted:

I assume we explored using all of our senses, so this doesn't count as "extra" exploring.

But otherwise, uhh, what the hell was living up here? Could it be that the tower is full of creatures just oustide of our vision?

I can absolutely 100% guarantee that there is not a giant carnivorous groundhogs standing directly behind you right now.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

G

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

You heard them before, now you don't. Even if your memory is stupendous your attention is limited.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

That may be significant guys. What if they are playing hide and seek and they didn't invite us to join? That's just rude.

Finding a room just crowding with winged rabbits would be quite funny.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

lol the pantheon floor rules and the pretender nephalim alcove is great. however,

A were in no shape to do fuckall should poo poo go down. We can probably return later without Uriah if we need to.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting A

I'm betting the statues are of the various classes of ophanim or something. Kinda curious if we'd find an altar to Everfang in one of the rooms, too.

I think whatever we heard before either went into a more heavily shielded area or just simply left.

I really want to have Uriah translate the script in the orb room and just accidentally start belting out power words or something.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Did the snake statue remind us of the paintings on the Orm cave or the Orm itself?

How many faces are in the "Amok face's room"? Is there any "hole" where a face could fit but its missing?

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 25, 2019

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Enkidel swoons near large battles and retreats from adventure with a sore pinky. Team boring is modeling Enkidel directly after their goonselves.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

six thousand loving pages :eyepop:

6000 is a good number.

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
I

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Diogines posted:

Even if your memory is stupendous your attention is limited.

Understatement of the year D-man.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
G

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
F Go explore the El-ball some more on floor 7. Maybe smash Nusku's statue.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Eat the flame statue

e: (this counts as smashing if eating it doesn't gain traction)

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
F

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

I wonder if the poorly lit statues are 'captured gods'; it's a thing that used to be done by the Romans and others that after you conquered an area you steal their gods to take their power and prevent mystic retribution.

Or more literally here, the statues are invested with a portion of the essence of the being depicted and smashing the statue would be harmful like what happened to us near Kavodel. So the statues might be hostages.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Did the snake statue remind us of the paintings on the Orm cave or the Orm itself?
Except to the extent it is a snake, not really? Though all snakes do kind of look alike?

Mr. Nemo posted:

How many faces are in the "Amok face's room"? Is there any "hole" where a face could fit but its missing?[/b]
There are twenty six and they are packed in fairly tightly.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

Except to the extent it is a snake, not really? Though all snakes do kind of look alike?

Speciesist!

Any statues of someone who might be Azazel or a goat?

Also, G

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

nah maN, some snakes have beautiful titties, but I swear it makes sense in universe and it's not just a fetish! (😉)

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

A

Team "Keeping up appearances while in a foreign city before robbing their ancient tower"

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
One place that simultaneously holds a depiction of Amok and El, complete with priestly language and sandwiches-style metal curtains, is weird.

Well, maybe not that weird? Certainly, this place was in use before Labras's climb up, and now, we see, after he came down. So calling this the First Temple makes some sense, then. This was the first place they put a shrine for El. Maybe the blue orb was scarier in the past? You wouldn't put those Presence-blocking curtains up unless you had a reason to.

I guess what's more weird is Amok being a known entity here. His city would have had to rise and fell before the shrine to El was put in this temple. Unless El's presence wasn't an off/on reveal and it appreciably grew as people devoted themselves to him? Amok not recognizing El's presence is still one of the most interesting things we learned from him.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

Any statues of someone who might be Azazel or a goat?
Does the ram or sheep statue count? If so yes. If not, no?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Theory: The hall of faces is an auto generated listing of dead nelaphim. Or its a hall of nelaphim that existed in old times. Otherwise we'd be there too.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Part of me fears that if we leave the tower we might not be able to return the next night. If we're going to rest I think we should do it in the tower.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Olothreutes posted:

Part of me fears that if we leave the tower we might not be able to return the next night. If we're going to rest I think we should do it in the tower.

Yeah, either circumstances or Team Boring will happen, which is why I want to keep looking around.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's interesting that Amok is in there but Amos is not. Amos seems comparably low key, though, so maybe it's just one of them claimed godhood and the other didn't.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Let's not leave. This is our new home now. Enkitower.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Dr Subterfuge posted:

One place that simultaneously holds a depiction of Amok and El, complete with priestly language and sandwiches-style metal curtains, is weird.

Well, maybe not that weird? Certainly, this place was in use before Labras's climb up, and now, we see, after he came down. So calling this the First Temple makes some sense, then. This was the first place they put a shrine for El. Maybe the blue orb was scarier in the past? You wouldn't put those Presence-blocking curtains up unless you had a reason to.

I guess what's more weird is Amok being a known entity here. His city would have had to rise and fell before the shrine to El was put in this temple. Unless El's presence wasn't an off/on reveal and it appreciably grew as people devoted themselves to him? Amok not recognizing El's presence is still one of the most interesting things we learned from him.

Dude. The curtains were there because 7birb was actually there. The other shrines don’t have the same poo poo and there isn’t a big presence from them the same way. What if this is the actual El?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

IMO, take the blue orb with us for our temple, saves us the trouble of having one made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Theglavwen posted:

Let's not leave. This is our new home now. Enkitower.

I'm all for just exploring/exploiting this place as long as possible. Spend a week here.