Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

the_steve posted:

I've been crotchety about this road trip since we left. I was against it from day one, considering we based it on a halfassed lie to Tudiya.

All we're doing is wasting time. We can't explore at length because Uriah is with us, so any of our attempts to REALLY figure anything out are going to be met with him losing his poo poo worse than I am because we haven't burnt it all in tribute to El.

I love Uriah, he is one of the best characters ever, but he is one of the wrongest choices when it comes to trying to explore anything old and/or questionable because he has a very uncomplicated worldview that involves breaking the poo poo out of anything that isn't pro-El

Had we come alone or brought Asahel with us, then we would be at more liberty to explore and study and piss away the rest of our year trying to stumble rear end-first into activating the big computer in here, but we didn't, and Uriah is only going to tolerate so much of our "Goons think this is Legend of Zelda and we can just go bursting into people's homes and break their pottery" bullshit before he calls us out on it again.

And every day we waste here is a day we don't spend in the Grasslands, which ticks another percent off of the likelihood of us finding anything worthwhile there, and finding something in the Grasslands is the entire reason we fabricated and excuse to make this trip in the first place, so we need to find something there to justify the goddamn trip.

I mean, wouldn't Tudiya be equally ok with "We found this thing in Carine."? Why does whatever we find *have* to be from the grasslands as long as we come back with good stuff? If we say "we got sidetracked in Carine, they have a ruin there that I walked into. Turns out, they're dumbass foreigners and we found some pagan temple-thing. We looted it and found this pike that turns into like six million spiders, and the spiders attack things. We also found two blue stones and Uriah got a pet ghost. It was mean at first but they've come to respect each other. We also found like.... fifty of these orbs that explode like nothing I've ever seen before if you throw them. I had Jobe check them, they aren't cursed." I think Tudiya is cool with it.

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Zodiac5000 posted:

I mean, wouldn't Tudiya be equally ok with "We found this thing in Carine."? Why does whatever we find *have* to be from the grasslands as long as we come back with good stuff? If we say "we got sidetracked in Carine, they have a ruin there that I walked into. Turns out, they're dumbass foreigners and we found some pagan temple-thing. We looted it and found this pike that turns into like six million spiders, and the spiders attack things. We also found two blue stones and Uriah got a pet ghost. It was mean at first but they've come to respect each other. We also found like.... fifty of these orbs that explode like nothing I've ever seen before if you throw them. I had Jobe check them, they aren't cursed."

Maybe he would. Especially if bluestones are involved.
But, we convinced him to let us make this trip with a whole load of ":airquote: Something :airquote: says I need to go to the Grasslands specifically."
So if we don't come back with something relevant from there, even if we return with other things like the Magistone Sample platter from that rear end in a top hat mirage city, he's going to put 2 and 2 together and realize we just got lucky but still deliberately misled him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
forty-seven orbs, now, and unrelatedly Samson's son died in a tragic accident

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
I. Try to remove a metal sheet from the frame around it.

Reasoning: it might fit in the tube indentation if it didn’t have the protective cover like a sheath for a knife.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

the_steve posted:

Maybe he would. Especially if bluestones are involved.
But, we convinced him to let us make this trip with a whole load of ":airquote: Something :airquote: says I need to go to the Grasslands specifically."
So if we don't come back with something relevant from there, even if we return with other things like the Magistone Sample platter from that rear end in a top hat mirage city, he's going to put 2 and 2 together and realize we just got lucky but still deliberately misled him.

TBH I'm pretty sure he already knows and is just letting us stretch our legs. If we fail he has an excuse to ground us like he secretly wants to. If we succeed he'll be pleasantly surprised. Either way he gets Enkidel's wanderlust out of the way for a few decades of being stuck at home defending Kavodel.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Diog, we have explored this building at the best of our abilities, have we found anything that resembled that most mythical of rooms...

A TOILET?

DID NOBODY POOP IN CARINE? TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO FIND OUT

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, we have explored this building at the best of our abilities, have we found anything that resembled that most mythical of rooms...

A TOILET?

What do you think all the pretty vases were for? High quality plumbing during the bronze age just meant your portable toilet was painted by a professional.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Zodiac5000 posted:

I mean, wouldn't Tudiya be equally ok with "We found this thing in Carine."? Why does whatever we find *have* to be from the grasslands as long as we come back with good stuff? If we say "we got sidetracked in Carine, they have a ruin there that I walked into. Turns out, they're dumbass foreigners and we found some pagan temple-thing. We looted it and found this pike that turns into like six million spiders, and the spiders attack things. We also found two blue stones and Uriah got a pet ghost. It was mean at first but they've come to respect each other. We also found like.... fifty of these orbs that explode like nothing I've ever seen before if you throw them. I had Jobe check them, they aren't cursed." I think Tudiya is cool with it.
You can be confident that Tudiya won't care if the "something" of value is not from the grasslands as long as you return with something useful, and that you didn't otherwise do anything not allowed to get it. Heck, Tudiya THOUGHT he was exploring when he found you and Jalitha and it is widely agreed that he was unknowingly doing El's will in doing so.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
You guys got it all wrong. You gotta USE the rubber chicken on the pulley before unlocking the secrets vault revealing El to be simply Ishamal in a Le Chuck outfit.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

A TOILET?

This is actually an excellent question, I am not even making GBS threads you at all.

You find what you suspect may, may, may be rooms intended for the disposing of bodily waste near the housing chambers intended for normal sized men. The word "may" three times because you found what you are sure are baths near some of them, but the things you think were intended to dispose of waste look weird to you, a kind of stone seat with clean water in the bottom. There was something on the side of the seat which when you pressed it caused a sound which at once caused Uriah to level his spear at the thing, but the sound was only the moving of water. A second indentation on the chair seemed to send water shooting out of the hole in the chair, upwards? You did not find a bucket with a cloth or leaves in it for the purpose of wiping away poo poo.

Despite the places in the tower you suspect to be living quarters having plenty of places to bathe, indeed, more than you would think anyone would need(they even have a river floor for the purpose it looks like? These people sure loved a bath...) you found no such rooms with similar devices which seemed like they would be large enough for a figure capable of using the enormous furniture you found.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 27, 2019

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Diogines posted:

This is actually an excellent question, I am not even making GBS threads you at all.

You find what you suspect may, may, may be rooms intended for the disposing of bodily waste near the housing chambers intended for normal sized men. The word "may" three times because you found what you are sure are baths near some of them, but the things you think were intended to dispose of waste look weird to you, a kind of stone seat with clean water in the bottom. There was something on the side of the seat which when you pressed it caused a sound which at once caused Uriah to level his spear at the thing, but the sound was only the moving of water. A second indentation on the chair seemed to send water shooting out of the hole in the chair, upwards? You did not find a bucket with a cloth or leaves in it for the purpose of wiping away poo poo.

Despite the places in the tower you suspect to be living quarters having plenty of places to bathe, indeed, more than you would think anyone would need(they even have a river floor for the purpose it looks like? These people sure loved a bath...) you found no such rooms with similar devices which seemed like they would be large enough for a figure capable of using the enormous furniture you found.

They had bidets. These people lived more extravagantly than I do.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
this was clearly the highest and most advanced of civilizations, they utilized the bidet

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

They had bidets. These people lived more extravagantly than I do.
And the water was warm. On a closer examination of the water which was shot upwards, it seemed to be... perfumed? It smelled a little flowery.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diogines posted:

How could you NOT put this in the update??? BIDETS! Bidets embedded in the toilets themselves! So efficient!

"Uriah, can you take a poo poo? FOR SCIENCE!"

I assume the Amok like demigods didn't give a poo poo (literally) and pissed all over the place forcing the others to clean it.

Edit: Warm bidets with perfumed water! Amazing.

Mr. Nemo fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 27, 2019

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Diogines posted:

And the water was warm. On a closer examination of the water which was shot upwards, it seemed to be... perfumed? It smelled a little flowery.

Even their asses smelled faintly of flowers...

Incredible.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

also, confirmed, nephilim not pooping is a subspecies trait, not just a side effect of our endless hunger

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Diogines posted:

donut kings are right

edit: Uriah Stab The Toilet

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 27, 2019

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Diog, is buying a storeroom in Carine to.store our loot and then send young Balls even more outrageous than sending it to Baitel for caravans to pick it up?

Or is the risk of people snooping too.high?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

Diog, is buying a storeroom in Carine to.store our loot and then send young Balls even more outrageous than sending it to Baitel for caravans to pick it up?

Or is the risk of people snooping too.high?

Your name carries no authority and no respect here, besides the fact that apparently the priests know who you are. The local king may well want to know why the weird foreigner with the unnatural colored skin has left his good just hanging around for months and months and months...

Even if it is on the other side of the world, you have relatives in Baitel via marriage and if you can get the goods out of Carine unseen, you like your odds of hiding something in the smaller settlements beyond Baitel much more. If you can buy a place in Carine in SECRET that might work, do you trust any local you hire to not take a peak, then either rob you or tell someone in authority they have a store house full of wonders and marvels?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

yeah but why would the local recognize a bidet as a marvel

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You didn't specify you were taking that in particular, I thought you meant general loot from the tower?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

GreyjoyBastard posted:

this was clearly the highest and most advanced of civilizations, they utilized the bidet

The best part of worshipping a Water based HUNGER goddess? Bidets EVERYWHERE motherfuckers, we love water everywhere around us, especially around our squeaky clean butts

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

"What did you find on your travels, son, a tremandous weapon to slay many demons?"
"Nah, but I found this real fancy toilet, check it out! I sure can't!"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

"What did you find on your travels, son, a tremandous weapon to slay many demons?"
"Nah, but I found this real fancy toilet, check it out! I sure can't!"

this but unironically

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Ok, I WAS coming in here to check what's up and post that "we are never going to make it to the grasslands" but gently caress it.

Tear out one of the toilets and take it back to Zepath/Kavodel, tell Tudiya we are positive this will save our people.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Slaan posted:

The best part of worshipping a Water based HUNGER goddess? Bidets EVERYWHERE motherfuckers, we love water everywhere around us, especially around our squeaky clean butts

your new av is very good

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

*The MM assemble to see what Enkidel brought back*

"This bizarre seat was recovered from Carine, it's gonna help me deal with assholes"

*throws bidet at Zimzar's head*

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Mr. Nemo posted:

"This bizarre seat was recovered from Carine, it's gonna help me deal with assholes"

Ah drat it this made me laugh harder than it should.

edit: Diog, is there a small room with 3 shells?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 27, 2019

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Slaan posted:

FIND HER BRING HER HOME

This

Numeron
Mar 23, 2012

A whole new world in
the palm of my hand.

Diogines posted:

You found no such rooms with similar devices which seemed like they would be large enough for a figure capable of using the enormous furniture you found.

They didn't poop either :tinfoil:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
But surely they want to feel the wonderful awesomeness of the warm water bidet butt?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Diogines posted:

I have to congratulate you on finding an even more blasphemous way to write El's name, for you do indeed see it in several places, a blasphemous method probably never considered of before in Ur, writing it with... footwear? You see those two characters in several different words.

Also none of it is too small for mortal eyes to see.

Oh my god we totally just invented the printing press with this post.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Mr. Nemo posted:

My god...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Ah drat it this made me laugh harder than it should.

edit: Diog, is there a small room with 3 shells?
No.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Arkanomen posted:

Holy poo poo, its a loving punch card computer

I look to see if the sheets would fit anywhere.

Blasphemaster posted:

So we've got a room full of punch cards for a primitive computer, a library, possibly some vacuum tubes. Room full of statues of what seems to be major powers and such from waaaay back when. Some chill as hell zones full of kick-rear end nature scenes.

Yup. Melachim/Nephilim Diplomacy Zone/Knowledge depository.

:hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes:

The vacuum tubes have indentations to allow for the transport of data discs so long as you plug up the bottom. Perhaps the plugs or capsules are hidden somewhere?

Diogines posted:

You consider this and are uncertain. You spend an hour looking through plates to see if there is anything to it. Some of the plates have too many dots and some have too few, well all have too few actually, but after an hour of searching you find two sets of dots which you think match up with the arrangements of prominent constellations. Even on the most hole-filled metal sheet there is nothing even close to how many stars there actually are in any section of the sky, but you recognize two constellations between a series of plates and think you may recognize the arrangements of some other stars in others.

Stars and constellations are used in some art, is this some... giant artists studio? None of them are really anything to look at and they don't really look beautiful to you?

:awesomelon:

Diogines posted:

:stare:. Ok now I know you're not loving with us. You were excited for us to find the Urquivalent of a buried time capsule except it's a megatower.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Mar 27, 2019

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Well, if we could make something that replicates the sandals stamping words out it'd really help getting the true tales out into circulation.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Slaan posted:

But surely they want to feel the wonderful awesomeness of the warm water bidet butt?

What do you think the simultaneously boiling and freezing river is for? Extreme water for divine asses.

There's probably a specific word in god speech that turns the geyser function on.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Neraren posted:

Oh my god we totally just invented the printing press with this post.
No you didn't. You can't just decide to create new technologies. His idea, if feasible, would have been uniquely profane, but it is not feasible.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Question for Diogines: how high on the scale of punishment for vilest heresy does the Orb temple depicting and naming El directly count? On a scale of light admonishment to Sodom and Gomorrah? Is this a thing that anywhere else we would expect Heroes to be sent to rid the world off, or is it more the realm of the local sanitation office?

Question for Diogines: With our stupendous memory for faces and features, would you say one of the 26 busts looks about how we could have expected Amos to look like several thousand years ago? Or what Ishamal would look like if he shaved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Diogenes, please let us tell Lefkandi about the bidet when we return, and not forget about it. Please please please.