Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Which was the floor with the possible semi-temple of EL again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
T. Surely we should save the statue fight for when we have our fightin' buddy back with us.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Q want to check out Amok and the El altar.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
We busted one door down, let's bust the one in front of us,

M

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Q appeared to be the shrine floor.

Regarding all the plans for bringing Uriah up here once he wakes up:

1) How do you expect to get him up there? Have we found a few hundred feet of rope or are we thinking it’s definitely worth revealing the sandals?
2) How functional do you expect him to be? It’s not a sure thing that he’ll be walking let alone performing translation magic any time this week.
3) How do you expect Uriah to react to the news that after he expended every ounce of his effort rescuing us from a demon temple we just dove right back in leaving his body entirely unguarded for demons to eat? We already left him exasperated multiple times before he sacrificed himself to save us.
4) How do you expect the city and Mighty Men of Carine are spending their time with a 10ft cannibal missing in their midst? Mighty Men aren’t just strong, their other abilities make them supernaturally good trackers and detectives. It seems well within their capabilities to interview enough people to trace our steps, find our stashed treasures, and set up guards outside wherever they think we’re hiding.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 22, 2019

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
R

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I assume that Uriah is probably a no-go on the shrine floor too, you're not wrong. He might be ok with the statue floor, I guess, but I figure the more idols he sees the more pissed he's going to get, and those statues are just going to be more wood on that fire.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Q. I think the shrine has Clues in it.

Also, is the general consensus that inanimate objects with increased Presence get them through the actions/efforts of their makers? Like, whoever ground those telescope lenses put a bit of Ur Juice into them?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Q

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Q

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
N

Sequentialism!

We can come.back to.this floor with Uriah and kick together. I guess it could be titanium.

At the very least we should get metal.scraps to send to Khasis in about 5 real life years.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diog, is the new not-Bnaimokt metal harder/tougher/stronger than blooded bronze?

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Q.

This floor with the fire is probably a forge of sorts

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

R

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
R

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Olothreutes posted:

Diog, is the new not-Bnaimokt metal harder/tougher/stronger than blooded bronze?
It comes on different qualities and sturdiness, but, it seems so? Most Blooded Bronze anyway. Blooded Bronze has a Presence notably stronger than other metals, the portcullis may, may have a Presence stronger than normal metal or it may just be your misreading a new material? But it does not have a Presence nearly as strong as Blooded Bronze.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I really wish we had metalurgy connoisseur powers.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We do have metallurgy connoiseur powers though.

Eat it, eat it, all ya got to do is it eat

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Q

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Diog I'm sure you don't want to miss this post:

Albino Squirrel posted:

I have been reading this thread, on and off, since 2016 when it restarted after the Tadmor thread. Finally committed and blew through everything from the Battle of Acco until now in the past two weeks. Holy poo poo, this thread is older than my two kids, one of whom is starting kindergarten in a few months. That's... an achievement in dungeon mastering, is what that is.

P

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
R, but lick the strange metal grate before we leave

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diogines posted:

It comes on different qualities and sturdiness, but, it seems so? Most Blooded Bronze anyway. Blooded Bronze has a Presence notably stronger than other metals, the portcullis may, may have a Presence stronger than normal metal or it may just be your misreading a new material? But it does not have a Presence nearly as strong as Blooded Bronze.

Do we think we could cut it with our sword knife?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
L

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

Do we think we could cut it with our sword knife?
You are confident that you could not.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Maybe a hardened weapon will be able to get through, guess we'll ask Uriah to try that if he's feeling up to it.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Q

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

Maybe a hardened weapon will be able to get through, guess we'll ask Uriah to try that if he's feeling up to it.
He could not maintain hardening a weapon long enough to use it as a saw.

Your kick has considerably more power to it than Uriah's fiercest blow.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
R

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

S

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Diogines posted:

He could not maintain hardening a weapon long enough to use it as a saw.

Your kick has considerably more power to it than Uriah's fiercest blow.

He can hold it for the split second it takes to slash at the bars though, right? Even if he doesn't have the raw strength, the edge of a hardened blade is a much smaller contact point compared to a foot so maybe that will make up for it.

Obviously it's completely academic right now anyways, though.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
How would we get Uriah up to these floors again? Rope?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

He can hold it for the split second it takes to slash at the bars though, right? Even if he doesn't have the raw strength, the edge of a hardened blade is a much smaller contact point compared to a foot so maybe that will make up for it.

Obviously it's completely academic right now anyways, though.
If that would work and perhaps it might, it would take thousands or tens of thousands of strokes. Mighty Men harden their weapons for only the briefest of moments, though they can also do such a thing with great precision. They do it only at the moment of contact. Even if they can do such a thing many times, doing it for... hours or days continuously might tax that ability?

Theglavwen posted:

There are columns he could climb. Or climb the statue and throw a rope from that to a balcony. He wouldn't have an issue getting up here, if you/he wanted him to.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Theglavwen posted:

Tbh I say just reveal the sandals and climb up with those, although there may be trouble convincing him to hang off Enkidel's back so yeah we may have to go set up some ropes.

E: Beaten, sounds good

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

M

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Examine the area around the door. Maybe there's some kind of hidden mechanism that opens it.

If that doesn't work, eat the door.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Examine the area around the door. Maybe there's some kind of hidden mechanism that opens it.

If that doesn't work, eat the door.

You looked and saw nothing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

R

We could politely try asking to pass, then smash them if they attack.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I think we’re wasting our efforts on anything we can’t interact with directly, like doors we don’t understand how to open or telescopes we’re not equipped to understand.

In previous explorations, our best information has come from interactions rather than Mighty Scrounging. With that in mind, I think our best options are R, the floor with the statues that at least acknowledged our presence, or the possibility of some divine encounter at the maybe El alter on option Q. Given the choice between a definitely active statue and an alter that only has a chance to give us anything interesting, though, I’m going to go with R. Even if the statues are nonverbal, we might learn something from interacting with them.

I still think our best shot at getting anything from this tower was the challenge tower, and it’s still highly likely Jael will be waiting for us outside with a new NDA.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Does presence sense on this floor reveal anything unusual like the source of the sound of fire coming from something that doesn't look like what Enkidel would expect?

When Enkidel smashed at the gate did he hear or feel anything move on the floor? Living beings holding their breath and standing still? The cackling fire sounding off for a bit then resuming its normal tone?

Are the gates weak to conjured fire making them bendable?

Use an embiggining tube to look at the part of the gate connected to the wall and try to see stuff?

Would it be easier to bust through the wall beside the gates? Are the walls made out of white bark stone?

Can Enkidel fit his hand or a couple of fingers through a gate with a polished metal to look for something like a switch near the gate?

Is the gate as tough as ancient but not quite Tudiya's uncle's blooded bronze? Like say what Gareb or his dad wears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Is there any bricks that look like they may have spirals in them?

Can we just auto-check for spirals at all times while in the tower?