Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Diogines posted:

People who voted for some variation of that may want to change their vote. If some variation of that wins you will take Yitzchak that is the deal, take or leave it, but if he says leave it then you leave it.

Yeah I'm not hunting a giant monster that shoots lightning out of its horn and not getting the horn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

Okay i'll comment on one two parts you missed. Your combat prowess has increased... a considerable amount since the recap and Kavodel is a thriving metropolis the likes of which you probably never dreamed.

Yeah, Kavodel is pretty fuckin' great.
Take a moment to wistfully think about it and how we should go home.

Also tell Snarls he's a good boy.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

B
T
Zc: Let the horse decide.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Do the old tales mention horses in ur at all or staying there for a long time?

Are there tales of heroes asking from el a boon that helps a beloved pet tamed outside ur survive the urian climate?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
The horse is sentient. I am not comfortable to being complicit in their enslavement.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hey Yafa. Think you could carry me and a solid metal pole the size of a massive tree? One clop for yes, two for no.
:getin:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

AJ_Impy posted:

The horse is sentient. I am not comfortable to being complicit in their enslavement.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Is nobody else really apprehensive about fighting a monster in the grasslands. Peetty much exactly what we were warned to not do

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Oh yeah, this is 100% a trap.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
1. A -- We don't have time for this.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

I'm afraid I have to vote A—fighting this thing without using any of our (or Uriah's) abilities seems like a really bad idea, and making the attempt could easily get us into a situation where we have to choose between one of us dying or exposing us in ways we barely understand.

I do feel bad for the cool horse, but surely it deserves an owner who isn't an idiot that is going to gamble it away while drunk.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Mr. Nemo posted:

To recap, we are going to:

. Follow a guide to the deep grasslands
. Slay a fearsome beast wihtout using MIghty powers
. Bring proof of death back to this city
. Get a Mighty Horse in return
. Give this horse PLUS AN INSANE AMOUNT OF MONEY (everyone forgets this part) to the merchand
. In return obtain information to go deep into the grasslands

Am I going crazy or is this just senseless?

I have no intention of doing the part about getting information to get deep in the grasslands. Going to Baitshapash is clearly a pipe dream at this point. I figure we give the horse plus money to the merchant's tribe, get loot for recovering the horse. That way we get monster-gut loot and weird steppe peoples loot. Everyone wins.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

We should do the side quest to get the horse back.

And then when we get the horse back, we should eat the horse. Drag the horse to the biggest plaza in the city and start eating the horse in front of everyone.

I'm so Hunger I could eat a horse. And the stable and the surrounding land.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Ask Yafa their opinion of Erbuke.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Basscop posted:

Is nobody else really apprehensive about fighting a monster in the grasslands. Peetty much exactly what we were warned to not do

Yep. I don’t want to do this at all. Dude hosed up and lost his horse. Whoopsie.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Basscop posted:

In any other situation, monster hunting like this would certainly grab my interest - but this situation does have me quite concerned - is there something shady going on behind the scenes, can we handle the possible dangers in the grasslands without using powers? I'm not so certain going after this is a good idea.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Since no one wants to go get something worth trading for Yafa from the tower, from L to A I guess. It seems like the easy solution to me. No need to hunt dangerous monsters without our muscle wizardry, horse goes free, etc.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm going to regret this, but B

I think we have the upper hand when it comes to distance murder. I can't assume this thing is faster than us (as we rain arrows on it's head). We, by mundane means, have the arsenal to gently caress it up. Our biggest liability would be if we end up in close-quarters.

It shoots lightning from the horn? What's stronger, the horn or a blooded arrow?

Still, I'm fairly apprehensive because if it goes south it goes south.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 17, 2019

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I'm excited for 6 months from now when the bitter recriminations start because we got Uriah killed, when someone points out that our mistake wasn't the poor tactics, but doing this at all.

This is Seirrow all over again.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
B

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Uriah wants to fight this monster anyway. He's not an idiot, he's the most successful monster hunter in Zepathan history. I trust his assessment of whether or not we can win, so if we get there and he doesn't think we can we can return the horse and whip some coins at them as an apology, then move on. I think this has the opportunity to be fun!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Zodiac5000 posted:

Uriah wants to fight this monster anyway. He's not an idiot, he's the most successful monster hunter in Zepathan history. I trust his assessment of whether or not we can win, so if we get there and he doesn't think we can we can return the horse and whip some coins at them as an apology, then move on. I think this has the opportunity to be fun!

Uriah also wanted to go to the edge of Fare's domain and make sacrifices until they sent something at us. Oh and charge Gebek directly. Uriah is great, but his assessments of what is within his scope are not necessarily accurate.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
When your only tool is Uriah the Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

TheCog posted:

I'm excited for 6 months from now when the bitter recriminations start because we got Uriah killed, when someone points out that our mistake wasn't the poor tactics, but doing this at all.

This is Seirrow all over again.

It is not the Seirrow because you wasted strategically used it and don't have that incredibly powerful weapon anymore.

As you prepare to truly leave civilization behind and go off into the part of the world where the map ends(if you in had maps, which you don't), something you have not done in a VERY long time, this seems like a good time to remind everyone that we do not do "challenge ratings".

You have been offered this job because the individuals involved wanted to hire you to do something they wanted done, that is all.

The job you are being hired for may be easy and straightforward or virtually impossible for you or anywhere in-between. The Capybaras can, will and have happily devoted an extended period of time for you marching to your doom at least once before and if you assume you must be up to the task because it was offered, because that is how most PnP and computer RPGs work, this post is a gentle reminder that is not how THIS adventure works.

And for the love of El don't change your vote now because Diog said it is too hard because that is NOT what was said, again, we are ONLY reminding you that the difficulty of tasks are not tailored to your abilities by the Capybaras. Assess the situation based off the information you have, not based on "meta" information about how RPGs work.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Plus we all know our weakness to lightning. We’ve been there done that and got our throat slit for it.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Sacrifice this stupid horse to El

Yeah we do this poo poo back home, but we do it with our Balls rocked up in formation and yelling Power Words

Victis fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 17, 2019

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diog, I'd like to ask Yitzchak how long people have known about the Udug. Is it new all together? Is it an ancient thing that recently started making problems?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Use Blooded Allergy Test powers on horse. Maybe they're allergic to crabgrass and that's all Ur has.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

TheCog posted:

Uriah also wanted to go to the edge of Fare's domain and make sacrifices until they sent something at us. Oh and charge Gebek directly. Uriah is great, but his assessments of what is within his scope are not necessarily accurate.

True, but his ability to assess threats is probably quite good, overall? Sure, not it's not perfect, but the man has done exactly what's being asked of us now a lot, and I don't think you can be as successful at what he does for as long as he has without being at least pretty good at picking battles. He's not suicidal but he is confident. Plus, for all we know the 'make sacrifices at the edge of Fare's domain' idea would have worked better than our plan of 'use Seirrow after waiting five months a ways away from it' plan, so we can't really judge that plan as good or bad, can we? If we showed up at the edge of the mountains, started throwing down diss tracks, and the behemoth charges out at the entire formation of Balls, the fight might go differently and we might still have the arrow?

Edit - Hell, let's ask Uriah about this:
Have you found and killed anything that this monster sounds like?
What would he take as 'warning bells' for picking a fight with it when we get there?

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 17, 2019

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

TK-42-1 posted:

Plus we all know our weakness to lightning. We’ve been there done that and got our throat slit for it.

Actually Lighting is like a vaccine, we are now immune.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I would laugh really hard if that's one of the messages on our well that's suppressed, just so we 'don't get ideas'

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

If we somehow manage this and sell.Yafa back to house Ganaive for one tenth what they are asking that's also a crazy amount of money.

That should get us plenty of magic Kadmonin loot. But they are also offering a reward on top of the horse. We should sell Yafa to another biddder to avoid getting hosed on the deal with Ganaibe

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

We literally do not need money.
We invented money. We already have more wealth than we reasonably know what to do with.

Money is not going to get us anything magical unless we luck into some rube who has no idea what they actually have.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

It will.definitely get us items such a magic cock ring. We simply haven't voted to set up a shop.to buy them on this trip.

And the horse is certainl worth some trinkets on its own.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

>>Do the old tales mention horses in ur at all or staying there for a long time?
No.

>>Are there tales of heroes asking from el a boon that helps a beloved pet tamed outside ur survive the urian climate?
Nothing that specific?

>>Hey Yafa. Think you could carry me and a solid metal pole the size of a massive tree? One clop for yes, two for no.
Using Igal to uh, translate, you ask. The horse taps the door with it's head then looks back to Igal again, who asks again. This time the horse taps a hoof twice.

>>Ask Yafa their opinion of Erbuke.
Yafa the Horse makes a sad-horse nose and scratches at the door with her hoof after Igal asks.

>>Diog, I'd like to ask Yitzchak how long people have known about the Udug. Is it new all together? Is it an ancient thing that recently started making problems?
Yitzchak says "The grasses are full of such things, but this one only became a problem more recently."

>>Ask Uriah, have you found and killed anything that this monster sounds like?
Uriah says "Not exactly like it but I mean we've killed all sorts of crazy looking things?"

>>What would he take as 'warning bells' for picking a fight with it when we get there?
Uriah says "I don't know, it being a especially tough or fast or spewing rabid honeybees out its mouth at us? The descriptions the kids have gotten in the interior of monsters they chase down are sometimes close enough but sometimes just awful, I wouldn't put tremendous stock in the description being accurate to begin with. You know how those things go, do you not recall that crazy play at Chor-" Uriah pauses "-that crazy play? Obviously we are going to try to get more information from people closer to the beast if we take this hunt up. I'm looking forward to a serious battle, though I am not thrilled about going after it without our full strength but I will trust your judgment on the matter."

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

"I will trust your judgement"

Uriah as been replaced by a doppelganger. Diog do we smell citrus?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

No?

Absent anything obviously crazy Uriah has been content to let you pick the route the two of you take.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

No?

Absent anything obviously crazy Uriah has been content to let you pick the route the two of you take.

Uriah has an Og sized blinspot stapled to the back of his eyeballs.

Do we have some sort of tick or tell to signal when the squirrels come online? Because I think Uriah'd find something like that useful.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diogines posted:

>>Diog, I'd like to ask Yitzchak how long people have known about the Udug. Is it new all together? Is it an ancient thing that recently started making problems?
Yitzchak says "The grasses are full of such things, but this one only became a problem more recently."

So it's only a problem now, but has been known and named for 600 years? Or was it fully unknown until a few decades ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

A

Don't sign any contracts with the notorious con artists. Go check out the demon and decide whether to fight it, and what to do with its parts, afterwards.