Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The fact that it was accidental, we just froze and let the spell wear off, and have never done it again is probably why we're not in trouble over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crazycryodude posted:

The fact that it was accidental, we just froze and let the spell wear off, and have never done it again is probably why we're not in trouble over it

I think Ishamal told us as much when we asked.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure you're right. We basically did exactly what we were "supposed" to in that situation, so it wasn't a strike against us

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Only tk can know the truth

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 17, 2019

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

So we did get moved back to gbs. I knew it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
More threads should go on safari, especially old mega threads

Get this sumbitch into cspam or byob or something

Also man I make some posts when I get drunk

Also if El is the for real God then the will of El is by definition good even if it seems hosed up

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I don't really want this thread poo poo up anymore than it is.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

More threads should go on safari, especially old mega threads

Get this sumbitch into cspam or byob or something

Also man I make some posts when I get drunk

Also if El is the for real God then the will of El is by definition good even if it seems hosed up

You're ever sober?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh man please move us to CSPAM

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

I can’t think of a quicker way to get a game over than getting executed by Tudiya for trying to implement cspam politics

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

Are we the baddies? That kind of ties in with my post a minute ago. We’re the bad guys because we are letting a finite resource of human souls expire because the concept of them being used for fuel for divinity is ghastly to us. But literally everyone else in the world that isn’t a Urian thinks we’re the monsters because that’s just how the world works.

Yeah your post got me really thinking about it, because quite honestly... All of the actors within Ur all have some lovely sides to themselves, only thing is that at least we can see the things we actually do that are good and and all.

Z the IVth posted:

There's an endless stream of depraved monstrosities climbing out of the West to carry off out children to the all consuming maw of capitalism America Asherah.

Yup checks out.

Edit: Can't forget the Aryan Urian people are the chosen master race practising eugenics.

:thunk: We are the baddies.

I probably wouldn't go so far to make similarities between that, but it's an interesting way of seeing it!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Only in the sense that we are fighting in "our" lands and are completely unable to prosecute war in alien territory beyond some one off bullshit maneuvers

There are no other similarities.

Not saying that we're literal nazis or imperial japanese, all I'm saying is that from my point of view, the other factions all possess the material upper hand from our interactions with Asherah and Fare, and while they seem to be able to not only throw endless waves of bnaimokts/fishmen/minotaurs and even constantly bring bigger baddies to the scene, we're stuck with what we've got and each and every loss we take is a huge, huge step backwards.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crazycryodude posted:

this is a horrid idea and you know it

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Move us into the pet subforum.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Last time it was moved into YLLS and really that’s the best place for a thread about Mesopotamian muscle wizards to be.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
the comedy options are fyad and byob, im pretty sure they'd go hunger within a week.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

In the highly unlikely event that a mod somehow actually sees this, please do not move the thread. At this point, it would not be fair to the dedicated players to get a game over in a week or less because new players did not read the (enormous) backlog of posts and don't have any sense of self preservation.

Also, expect the next update tomorrow.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
smdh I see diog has internalized xenophobia from his characters

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I have posted here since the start, counted votes for the first few years and voted wrongly for most of them too.

What I am saying is that, as a "dedicated poster" this thread should move immediately to CSPAM

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

This thread survived GBS for a few weeks, it survived YLLS, it can survive when a bunch of antifa supersoldiers take over the thread, if only that it's been taken over by them anyway

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Wait for the next timeskip then move the thread so new people can have the most impact. Put everything Enkidel has at their disposal.

That would be also an excellent time to make another recap.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 18, 2019

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Maybe everything is genuinely, irreversibly turbofucked, and Ur dragging out their own demise is just making things worse for everyone and everything? :darksouls:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Blasphemaster posted:

Maybe everything is genuinely, irreversibly turbofucked, and Ur dragging out their own demise is just making things worse for everyone and everything? :darksouls:

Urexit means Urexit

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

The only way the thread survives CSPAM for a week would be because we're currently outside Ur and don't have to worry about the meddling with Ur's kings rule.

Of course, we might end up picking a fight with a deity way above our weight class but that's probably gonna happen anyway. This is an Enkidel expedition outside Ur.

On a different note: So far I'm kinda getting the feeling we should have taken the Balls on an expedition across Ur and then into the Grasslands, you know when we instead went south. There's been plenty of things entire teams of adventurers could do and we wouldn't have had the time limit imposed upon us.

Of course, if mystical beings in the grass can impede our way, can they also speed our journey?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
If we go hunger demon, let Slaan take over for Diog and move the thread to Goons with Spoons.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
While I like your thinking, we went HUNGRY already and I didn't get to make decisions. Diog still let Team Boring vote to run away and retcon instead :(

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This thread survived GBS for a few weeks, it survived YLLS, it can survive when a bunch of antifa supersoldiers take over the thread, if only that it's been taken over by them anyway

Combine us with the landlords thread instead.

Greggster posted:

I probably wouldn't go so far to make similarities between that, but it's an interesting way of seeing it!

I was trying to be funny. Realistically I suspect the situation in Urth is much more akin to Warhammer 40k than a real world analogue. Ur is hideously regressive by modern standards (America seems to be doing their damndest though!), but the alternatives for humans is to be literal cattle. In a world of human meatpackers, a theocratic patriarchy with slaves is heaven.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Saw this in a discord and immediately thought of this thread:

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

People would be less stressed reading the thread if Enkidel was actually a flawless killing machine that crushed all of his foes beneath his sandals.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Update eta: 25 minutes.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 19, 2019

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

Using Uriah to translate you question the man for a time. He seems very tired and he seems to be because he is very tired, because it is the middle of the night and he appears to be a normal human, if not strangely dressed and groomed and in need of sleep, though he does seem to have some kind of magical stick. Though at first he seemed quite scared that the two of you meant to fight, insisting that the moths would kill you both if you caused any trouble, he calmed down, eventually, the more you questioned him. Perhaps he imagined that requests for a late night theology lesson are rarely a prelude to a home invasion? When you make it clear that you are not going to make an offering he becomes increasingly less polite and eager to return to his bed, offering that you can sleep out here if you want and talk to his Master in the morning if you want a reading. From what the man said, getting your future told is going to require an offering and... yeaaaah that is going to be a little bit of a problem given the fact that these are profane servants of either a monster, a demon, or their own imaginations and very possibly also sorcerers and your Very Jealous God would probably want you to just kill them, not make offerings to their bug-idol.

Also perhaps of interest, when you asked how old his master was, Dev told you that he was "He had lived to see children grow old and their own children pass many times." If not a charlatan, is this youth's master actually a powerful sorcerer, or blessed by some Kadmonim idol?

None the less when you showed him the rocks you took from the Anaki he studied them for a moment and tapped one with his glowing stick, whose light then changed from gray to red for a moment, then back to gray. He then said "My master may be interested in these, they are unusual. You should wait for morning to talk to him, he may want to trade for them. Where did you get these?"

Well, maybe you can trade for something? If it is not an offering to their moth idol, a trade may not be... explicitly a problem but certainly dealing with profane idolators is not going to be smiled upon by El and Uriah is probably going to be less than pleased about that. What you can be pretty sure El would smile upon would be ransacking this place and killing these two idol worshipers. There is a big idol here and El loves offerings of such, this appears to be a profane holy place as well, he would probably be extra-pleased if you destroyed it?

You leave the hill and find Igal, filling him in on what it is that you have found. “A moth idol? Weird.” He keeps watch while you, Uriah and Yafa the Horse get some more sleep. Hours later, the sun rises over the grasslands.

In the light of dawn, memories of your odd dreams fade. After eating breakfast you return to the hill to find 20-something Dev the Apprentice profane priests/unholy sorcerer and his aged Master Ongan, the more senior profane priest/unholy sorcerer waiting for you. There are less moths flying about but they are still very numerous.

The old man does not look to be hundreds of years old, though his sun-baked skin probably gives a good impression of leather and your own father is over 200 and he hardly looks it either, so how can such things be judged? The man is dressed in an odd garment which looks to be made out of the wings of hundreds, thousands of moths? Most of the wings are grays, browns and whites and shades of such colors but there are also some purple and blue and soft yellow present. The wings of a moth are not sturdy enough to make a garment, it would shred after taking one step in it, either it is made of another material and designed to look like it was made of moth wings, the wings are from moths you are not familiar with(many look like the ones you see flying about) or they are mystical in some way? The old man’s hands are not visible, they are hidden within his odd garment. A number of moths are resting upon the man or his garment, even in his hair and beard.

The old man speaks and Uriah translates.

Uriah: “He says the larva told him who we are and that travelers are welcome to the Sacred Maidu and if we wish to make an offering so that the future can be revealed to us. Which obviously we are not going to do. He says he wants to see the stones we showed the younger servant of a monster, probably dead monster or maybe-but-I-doubt-it-demon.”

You take out the stones you took from the Anaki and show them to the old man. He holds one up to his eye carefully and squints then hands it back to you, then says something else, smiling a bit as he does so, he and Uriah talk for a short time before Uriah translates.

Uriah: “He seemed to think you some kind of mystical creature and was trying to find out if I was your slave, or if somehow I had bound you to my will. Since you’ve not given the okay on bashing in the heads of these sorcerers yet, I, as politely as I could manage, informed him that you are neither and he asked what you were then, I said that both of us were travelers from far away and people look different in different places and we come from very far away and that we live near the ocean. The wrinkled unholy-prune says that Urians obviously have no use for such things as the stones because we stick our heads in the dirt like… some word I don’t understand, and try to hide from all wisdom, but that he is interested in the rocks. He says if you give him the rocks he will do a special reading of the future for you, or use his unholy sorcery to find some piece of information you want, or trade for trinkets which he claims will ward off many beasts and the monsters which would otherwise trouble us.”

Diogines posted:

Also, some cultural context information: Prophecies are not a thing in Ur, well, not much of a thing anyway. To the extent anyone believes them, they are the sort of nonsense only the most foolish and ignorant of men believe in. This is not like many believes where the men of Zepath look down their nose at others in Ur for believing in nonsense, even the poorest of men in most of the cities you have passed do not believe in them, prophecies are something which men know in Ur have heard of, but they are not something that any man in Ur believes are true, but for fools. As best you know anyway.

In speaking with the old man a bit more you learn that apparently his title is “Keeper of the Sacred Hill of Maidu ” and that Dev’s title is “Larva”. You are probably not used to be condescended to in this manner, not since before you were a regionally-famous hero anyway. At this moment he does not seem to be coming off as exactly hostile, but certainly somewhat arrogant, despite being dressed like a crazed homeless person. You can speak with the man, normal rules apply.

1. What do you do?
A. Continue on our journey, Dezful is apparently is less than a day away?

B. Trade the odd stones you got from the Anaki to the Keeper in exchange for trinkets which will supposedly ward off beasts and monsters. From those you spoke to in Kazdack, it is either universally and falsely believed among the Kadmonim that such things are vital for traveling the grasslands, or, they actually work. Either way, the Kadmonim believe it. This man is an enemy of your god, El is unlikely to be pleased if you trade with him. This is not some mere trader or herdsmen, the man is either a profane priest and/or very possibly a sorcerer.

C. Trade the odd stones you got from the Anaki to learn the future. This would probably be even worse in El’s eyes than trading them for tokens as you would be participating directly in some profane ritual.

D. Trade the odd stones you got from the Anaki to mystically answer some question you may have. This is just as bad as C.

E. You can have few if any doubts that El would be thrilled if you kill both of these men and burned this place. If the old man’s robe is any indication there are probably some mystical items inside and certainly those are fair game for you? Your father might not be thrilled if you just kill two people while talking to them and would prefer if you issued a more formal challenge, but Uriah has a more… relaxed attitude when it comes to proper challenges and probably won’t care too much. Killing the old man shouldn’t’ be hard at all, whatever his mystical powers are, you are strong and fast, just draw a weapon and take his head clean off.

F. E., but issue a formal challenge, leave, return, then kill them.

G. Capture and tie up the moth-worshipers but don’t kill them, then loot the shrine and burn it.
H. Capture and tie up the moth-worshipers and investigate the shrine, but don’t burn it until you have a look around.

I. Something else. Fill in.

[...]

We are not abandoning our channel in IRC, it is not shutting down but given the fact that most people have decided to move to an inferior chat client, Discord, we will start linking it as well.
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/SPZ7Hyn

[...]

Travic's Awesome Index: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=4080&perpage=40#post473373440

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
A. We can always come back and commit murder later.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

B, question time a bit and then just bounce

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Wait poo poo A, I can't edit on mobile

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

TacoNight posted:

A. We can always come back and commit murder later.

Yeah this. Ask him to tell us his creation story.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

TK-42-1 posted:

Yeah this. Ask him to tell us his creation story.

A + This question

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

A

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
A and creation story

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

Voting I sleep on the hill for about an hour.

Questions
How old are you? How many kadmonim jubilees have you lived through?

Ask him about the weird dreams. Is that Maidu?

What kind of mystical creature did he guess Enkidel was?

Ask for a practice match with a moth champion.

Do you have booze to buy?

Does Maidu have other temples?

Are those charms available with just boring money?

Can the gem be traded for directions to Baitshapash or any of the Kadmonim big cities?

Given how fractured the grasslands are does Baitshapash or any of the big cities hold any importance to Maidu at all?

Can you teach or have some scroll/tablet that teaches how to use the gem that we can buy?

Is there history with Maidu and the former furry patron of the Bencaleb?

Isn't it hard for the two of them to run a temple for the whole region?

If I can convince the moths to join my crew is that allowed?

Does Asherah mean anything to him? How about Fare/Faradnu or all the Fare name variations?

Does he know any bugs like OC and their hives? If yes are they friendly?

Is he aware of the big Orc attack on the grasslands Aaron reported on the first jubilee?

Polgas fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Aug 19, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I: question time, then give him the "demons have been invading Ur from multiple directions on the Jubilee and I want to warn you because while you may be a Kadmonim you are still a fellow human, like me, Enkidel the completely and definitely human" speech, then leave if it doesn't do anything unusual to his stance towards us or willingness to give us freebies

also definitely ask about the creation story, also ask for a quick summary of really important and/or nearby gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

D: Reveal to us our lineage/father