Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

Lol yeah don’t take anyone’s interpretation as canon because there’s only been a handful of things proven. 1) El is real. Not that he’s the original god of the world or anything. Just that He, as an entity, is real. 2) The melachim are real 3) The established religion lies about the afterlife and what happened before ‘The Fall’ and there’s a ton of stuff that existed prior to Ur and the current status quo 4) Other gods are real but not as powerful as El (except maybe Asherah/k but that’s not proven)

I’m sure there’s more but that’s like the big ones.

Also we appear to have a divine benefactor who mostly thinks we are ok, but will rebuke us if we step too far out of line. Or simply offer instructions to clarify stuff. Like don't bow to other false gods or pray on behalf of them (7-birb, orm) and don't sacrifice the bnaimokt on an altar because they look too much like humans and we don't need people getting any dumb ideas.

This is probably El? It's not like any of our messages from this entity have been signed but all the evidence points to El so I think it's a good assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Olothreutes posted:

This is probably El? It's not like any of our messages from this entity have been signed but all the evidence points to El so I think it's a good assumption.

I'm not sure if He has named Himself directly, He might have in I want to say Ruth's sacrivision? Or one of the fire-speech things at least. But there is another factor people have not taken into consideration. If He gets so upset about even being polite to pretenders, would He not also Smite us for sacrificing to El, if He was not El himself?

Also re: Melachim and El. I think they have mostly referred to Him as Our Father or something similar, but I think someone said El at some point.

But yes, El is Obviously real and Our Friend Who Hates Giants.

Kirton delanda est.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Smythos referred to El.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You return and tell Uriah what you have found and ask him to decide what to do. "We found some weird goblins and you want me to decide? Goblins? I am truly honored..." he says before he prostrates himself towards Mount Har for a moment, recites a brief prayer and then stands and openly begins to jog at a brisk but not particularly urgent pace towards the mound. If any goblins are looking, which you still don't know, they probably see him and if any are in hearing range, they probably do not fail to hear him as he pries open the sod-covered gate, snapping the bar holding it shut, you right beside him. The screaming of goblins echoes down the tunnel and a volley of arrows up it as a number of goblins behind a barricade shoot stone and metal tipped arrows at you and Uriah. Their efforts are for naught, the arrows bouncing harmlessly off of your and Uriah's armor, or are blocked by your shields.

It is probably debatable if a stampede can be formed by only two men but that point swiftly becomes be academic as you and Uriah do it anyway, barreling over the goblins as pandemonium occurs before you, some goblins trying to run towards the top from deeper in the cave and many of those already at the top of it fleeing for their lives. That any of them stand their ground as you charge is absurd and distinctly NOT goblin-like behavior. Well, they don't have any behavior for long as you and Uriah roll over them utterly, stomping them beneath your feet, club and spears and battering others aside with your shield. It takes little time until all of the goblins flee and you continue to chase the goblins down what may amount to the main "hall" of their cave, a large passage with smaller passages branching off in every direction.

Your victory is swift, but not complete. You only manage to kill a few dozen goblins and can hear CONSIDERABLY more. Many of the side passages are far too small for you to get into and there are only two of you and you are guessing, hundreds of goblins. Perhaps fleeing for their lives, waiting for you to leave or hoping to get some ludicrously lucky chance to kill you and Uriah? The later is... highly unlikely though the goblins may not know that. All of this you take in as you and Uriah continue to chase goblins down what looks like the main passage of the cave, slaying any goblins who come into view. You have not made a search of this place yet, you let Uriah decide what to do and Uriah decided to chase the goblins. For now anyway.

Still, even as you run, with your excellent vision and keen intellect you can't help but notice several odd things. For one, some of the goblins are very strange looking. Well, strange for goblins. While most of the goblins, indeed almost all of them look like goblins as you know them, a few have large eyes, freakishly large eyes, four, five, six times larger than a goblin's eyes normally are, they take up an absurd amount of their head, their heads being larger as well. You probably find it odd that those goblins with the freakishly large eyes also have paler skin and odder still, some of their clothing is made of cloth, scavenged from the Kadmonim? Also, even if this place smells terrible, and it does, it smells CONSIDERABLY better than any other goblin hole you have ever been in before, it also just seems more... tidy? There is considerably less trash strewn about.

1. You...

A. I said Uriah calls the shots, and he is, so we continue chasing goblins down the main(?) passage until Uriah gets bored and then we leave because even if I find weird goblins interesting, Uriah just shrugs and wants to continue on our journey.

B. A., but I *insist* we stop to explore the accessible portions of the cave more carefully.
C. B., but I try to break my way through of the goblin-sized holes into larger passages.

D. I insist we stop chasing the goblins now and explore the place more carefully.
E. D., but I try to break my way through of the goblin-sized holes into larger passages.

F. We let the goblins go and continue on their journey.

G. I try to engage in diplomacy with the goblins. Hey, we killed dozens of them but its never too late to try!

H. I insist to Uriah that we try to take some goblins captive. Try to grab some goblins, or maybe corner some down a one way passage if we can?

I. We leave. Now. Continue on our journey.

J. Something else. Fill in.

[...]

We are not abandoning our channel in IRC, it is not shutting down but given the fact that most people have decided to move to an inferior chat client, Discord, we will start linking it as well.
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/SPZ7Hyn

[...]

Travic's Awesome Index: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550307&pagenumber=4080&perpage=40#post473373440

If you want to, feel free to join us on irc #madgod on synirc.net. The channel tends to always have some people in it and is especially active when updates go up.

If you do not know what IRC is, here is a web based chat version which will not require you to register or download anything: http://chat.mibbit.com/

Diogines fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 22, 2019

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
B but lets not be too stupid about it. These are clearly abnormal.

Cannot wait to fight a Mighty Gob :pray:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diog, didn't we hear something about Kobolds or another similar beast to that? Not goblins but close.

Deep cave goblins! Yay!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

I don't want to hang around here for very long.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
B

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

B

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
B

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

Diog, didn't we hear something about Kobolds or another similar beast to that? Not goblins but close.
If you find a post about it, yes. If not, no.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Way to kill a bunch of gnomes, goons! Let's FEAST ON THEIR DEAD AND THEIR LIVING

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
H. I insist to Uriah that we try to take some goblins captive. Try to grab some goblins, or maybe corner some down a one way passage if we can?

Interrogation time!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Diogines posted:

On attacks of strange beasts, monsters or demons upon the Jubilee: Discounting those knowingly lying to you, you don’t get any credible stories of vast hordes of monsters or demons attacking in the grasslands itself on the Jubilee itself, though more than a few tell you of increased activity by goblins, as well as something called a “qabald” which one trader describes as being short like a goblin and just as mean and greedy, but less foul smelling, more intelligent and covered in scales. Apparently there are goblins in the grasslands, residing mostly in caves and they and qabalds have become more of a problem in recent years, though not specifically upon the Jubilee. You get no leads on anything which sounds remotely like the Bnaimokt or sea-demons.

So are these weird deep-goblins covered in scales? Do they match the description of these kobolds (qabald is the dumbest spelling of this and made tracking this post down the worst. Ugh. Kobold)

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Larger eyes and paler? Tidier? They come from deep beneath the earth, where goblin civilization is more advanced. The goblin conspiracy is real!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
B

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

The few strange ones you saw most certainly look like goblins... except in the strange ways they were described to not look like normal goblins. No scales.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A. We said Uriah could call the shots here. Keep our word to him.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B, the goblins have tactics and tools and sanitation, they're getting up to some serious Weird poo poo and we can't afford to get surprised by even more Weird poo poo next Jubilee so we'd better investigate now and put a stop to it/prepare.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
A for now.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

B, I suppose. Might as well see if there's a demon lurking about in here.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Diogines posted:

If you find a post about it, yes. If not, no.

You definitely posted about this but they were called Qubolds or some other Similar To But Legally Distinct From name. It was in the most recent town.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
J. Hunt down every last goblin. Rip and tear every single one. Do not leave the cave until it is done and we are certain it is done. The Balls of Labaras do not believe in half measures.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
A. Stomp 'em and back to business.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
B

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
C

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

A I believe in Harvey Uriah

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

A - we let Uriah call the shots so let Uriah call the shots

What do we honestly to uncover from stopping to explore other than confirmation of "yep, these weird goblins are definitely unlike any goblins we've come across so far"

And why on Ur would any attacker want to allow an unknown enemy force in an incredibly defensible position, that they've taken by surprise, time to regroup and set their defenses

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ask Uriah what he thinks of these goblins' odd behavior

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
B

A page back but on the topic of Iron, it's possible it cannot be mystically imbued except with titanic effort that's a total waste. Iron is where fusion ends for instance, and there might be a similar issue regarding Iron/Steel and mystical power. It's an excellent but almost entirely mundane material, so you can forge it en masse and it's better than copper or most bronzes so it's great substitute when you have no access to mystical bullshit to begin with. For our culture, it makes absolute sense to not gently caress around with Iron when there is absolutely no need to, except Urians seem to becoming more mundane and more in need of mundane but good materials. There are probably even better materials for mystical forging than copper or bronze, maybe Nickel is one of them, maybe Zinc, Beryllium and Lithium are others, maybe loving Hydrogen can be turned into a usable metal with enough stubborn will?

There also seems to be some value in fissionable materials as well, such as uranium. Maybe you can extract mystical bullshit from them easily with a refinement process? Fusion could be powerful from a power and efficiency perspective but maybe it's seen as a complete waste of materials that can be imbued with mystical bullshit, whereas transuranic materials might be inert to mystical imbuement but decay into mystical bullshit readily.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

Maintain the pressure. Trample the opposition faster than they can pass on information or organize. We haven't reached their heavy hitters yet.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

EmpyreanFlux posted:

maybe loving Hydrogen can be turned into a usable metal with enough stubborn will?

Metallic hydrogen has been theorized but never produced IRL. It would require insanely high pressures to create, if it does indeed exist. So yeah, Enkidel could maybe will it to exist. If he knew what hydrogen was.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
A.

Uriah has main character powers today! If we find an altar maybe we can kill something big and cool too.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
A

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Volmarias posted:

B but lets not be too stupid about it. These are clearly abnormal.

Cannot wait to fight a Mighty Gob :pray:

this B, and my understanding is that we kill first and investigate later unless something tactically relevant comes up - we're on a roll here and once they're broken we can look around the cleared area a bit.

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
A

Uriah has been exceptionally patient with us through his entire life really, we should be a good friend and let him go nuts a bit.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Have we spotted anything like a nursery or heard any goblin babies anywhere?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TacoNight posted:

Have we spotted anything like a nursery or heard any goblin babies anywhere?

That’s a paddlin’stompin’

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
A we can investigate after we've driven them before us, heard the lamentations etc etc

E: changed vote to b

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A