Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
H, B, B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
1: D, Except we aren't playing Labaras. We're playing Mecha Shiva
2: Adventure Time, C'mon grab your friends, We'll go to very distant lands. With Gods, Danal, and Og Enkidel, the fun will never end, it's Adventure Time!
3: D, Keza. In our experience Servent Women know EVERYTHING!

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 10, 2013

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Change-
3-G

To

3-B I forgot we can't really understand anything anyone says unless they happen to be speaking in Tongues or whatever that is. Let's use what we can of the trip to learn the language.

XOXO
Mar 8, 2013

Ask me about being weaker than a 60 year-old British woman.

I'm curious what Barkof has to say. We may not get a chance to talk to him once we arrive at Zepath.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009
D :3:
A. Let's establish him as our renegade, thrillseeking sidekick.
B. Get mum to teach us more of the language.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Sogol posted:

3-B I forgot we can't really understand anything anyone says unless they happen to be speaking in Tongues or whatever that is. Let's use what we can of the trip to learn the language.

I decided to change my vote to 3A.

Tudiya might be able to teach us bits of the language via his divine gifts. Maybe not. But, even if he can't, he's a good source of local customs and lore that we can learn so as to be better prepared in the our new life and perhaps give us a head start on using Divine Skills.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Eh, too complicated.

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 10, 2013

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Paradise Lost CYOA: The Parliamentary Elections Simulator

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
1. I'm not too worried about Danal thinking poorly of us because we indulge him. Kids his age are capable of playing pretend like that and still looking up to us- provided we garner his respect in other ways, such as becoming a figure to look up to during Adventure Time. I am, however, worried about how the others regard us, especially once we reach the city. We don't want to be relegated to being the prince's pet.

2. Sure, we got this (or think we do). We should try to be more aware, and take measures to prevent getting lost (such as marking our path), but don't try to restrain Danal unless it's absolutely necessary.

Hell, we're just following his dad's example.

3. Kinda curious about what this guy thinks of us, what with us being a barbarian who 'lived among animals' and all.

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme
1. A
2. A
3. G

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream

RandomPauI posted:

I vote YES.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Klingtron posted:

Question 2

Question 3

I like this. Danal is alright, carrying him around has to be a good workout and I'm really not seeing a wish to make us seem lesser or anything. The king's reaction a few updates back made it seem like a game that kids normally play anyway. Besides, it's fun!

Adventure! Treasure! This is good for us and Danal. I don't think it'll be too dangerous now that we've established we can climb trees and likely won't wander too far, no more than an hour or so from camp like we did last night. It'll give us some idea of what the forest (and other places we go) is like and also make up for not spending time with Danal during the day. Besides, it's fun!

And Barkof. He might also have some cool war stories or something to share.

edit: Changing A to

SerSpook fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 10, 2013

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

One part HiHo ChiRho, one part OhYo, one part Clockwork Gadget posted:

1. Let him ride on your shoulders because you want to be like an older brother.
2. Good observation and perception are always good skills for an aspiring hero.
3. Why's he so gray and wrinkly? What's with all the hair in his ears?

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
I vote for FAG.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

Ha; Voting Yes We Can

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
F, A, A

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. D
2. A
3. E - See if we can't learn some sweet survival tips, say in case we get lost in the woods and separated from the adults. Not that that would happen, but, it's good to be prepared.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
VOTING: 1. Let him ride on your shoulders because you want to be like an older brother.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Tsyni posted:

- Adventure! Let's see what interesting things wait in the darkness. Maybe a stream for some fish...

I don't know, we wouldn't want our young accountant to get hurt. Adventuring is dangerous stuff. And just think of how sweet our hut will be compared to everyone else when we're the personal accountant to a heroic king! We clearly can't risk it.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Bularin posted:

I don't know, we wouldn't want our young accountant to get hurt. Adventuring is dangerous stuff. And just think of how sweet our hut will be compared to everyone else when we're the personal accountant to a heroic king! We clearly can't risk it.

That's a good point. We should first make a survey of any members of our party with accounting skills. If none are available we can spend our traveling days counting stones and doing basic arithmetic.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
We can be the Enkindu of the maths world. People will love us, we're going to usher in a whole new architectual age.

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
It would be a sweet job because once your king gets rich enough, the answer is automatically "many many."

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Hold the gate...of our money vault.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Theglavwen posted:

We can be the Enkindu of the maths world. People will love us, we're going to usher in a whole new architectual age.

This would un-ironically make for an interesting CYOA.

We have the chance to join an architectural team. What is our first project?

Frank Lloyd Wrights waterfall house
The World Trade Center Towers
The 747 Design Team

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
1 A
2 A
3 E

tarepanda
Mar 26, 2011

Living the Dream
It's funny -- I'm sitting here reloading the chat hoping for the story to continue and then I'm doing the same in my own CYOA, hoping for more voters so I can continue the story.

But as soon as an update comes out here I completely forget about my own CYOA. :P

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I'm changing my A vote to for the first question.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
1. B
2. A
3. E

Callipygian Weasel
Apr 2, 2010

by Lowtax
B B G. Gotta chat with that old dude.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Theglavwen posted:

Was there some post I missed where we learned to count past 10? (not using lots)

cxp
Mar 27, 2010
Fun Shoe
1. D. We haven't had a friend before, so this is fun!

2. B. No guarantee we'll be able to climb the tree and spot the fire next time.

3. B. I'm curious about what our new life's gonna be like. Maybe mom knows? Plus, she can help us learn the language.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I wish there was a choice for spending time evenly between everyone.

We have limited exposure to some of these NPCs and our language skills are small. Seems like we could test the waters with each NPC to see how they respond before we dive in and spend the better part of a moth hanging around them.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

OhYo posted:

1. Let him ride on your shoulders because you want to be like an older brother.

Voting for this.

2. B

3. A

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Diogines posted:

OPTION D Let him ride your shoulders because you enjoy "Playing Labaras" with him.

We're a kid, and we've never had a real childhood friend. There's no reason we can't have fun :unsmith:

quote:

OPTION B Yes! But, you will be a bit more... careful to avoid getting lost. You will stay close to the camp and force Danal to not run off if he tries to.

It's important to our future to have adventures, but we need to be careful not to go so far that we couldn't find our way back.

quote:

OPTION E. Barkof, who seems to bring Tudiya's number two among the group.

Lets get another idea what's going on here.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
F - I aint no donkey thing
A - Let's choose our own Adenture
D - "Did you wash up on this tribe's beach Beach like mother did?"

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Voting
A
B
A

War Requiem
Apr 22, 2008

MY BUTTOCKS SHALL DEFEAT YOU!
A I think sometimes we worry too much about things, let's just enjoy ourselves a bit
B
F Let's get to know more people!

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
F
C
E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grabpot Thundergust
Jul 6, 2010

A friend/little brother figure! We've never had one before and no real opportunity to play. This is new and exciting, so of course we'll enjoy it.

Adventuring is cool, but let's not be stupid and put ourselves (and our friend - who seems to rely on us when things go wrong) in unnecessary danger. Next time we might get REALLY lost, or worse. From a practical point of view, the last thing we want is anything to happen to Danal, particularly not if it happened when we could be seen to have been responsible for him. He might be big for his age, but he's a little kid - our role is to let him have fun, but stop him doing something that will put him in unnecessary danger.

My guess is that once we get to the city, Kingdude is going to be to busy to spend much time on some backwards hick he picked up on his excursion, and is going to be spending his time doing King stuff. We should use this time to get to know him, and get as much information as we can from him while we have the chance. This will also improve our relationship with the guy who's going to have a huge bearing on our (at least near) future, which can't be a bad thing.