Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
This trip to Baitel has already been quite enlightening. I hope we aren't in a rush to get back to Zepath; it seems we can learn how to build quite a few awesome things in this city. We'll be like a college student who studies abroad for a year and comes back with the feeling that the uncultured hicks don't understand him anymore.

"But dad, we have to build a sewer system. They have one in Baitel! Everyone uses it!"

Mini-vote: Ask the guard if we can touch his bow with all the child-like glee we can muster. Keep asking until he agrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
G Bury the next guard patrol that tries to search our caravan.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What other ranged implement aside from a ballista is going to make a mighty man pause? It's obvious why it is there.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Just gonna vote D. I really think its a bad idea to just bury the stuff somewhere, and a worse idea to trust Avram's friend with it. Just have Paebel skirt around the next town and test if the guards are actually big dumb racists.

We should probably ask what exactly these guards are looking for next time, if they stop us again.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

We're not giving up the medicine (too valuable) and this person is a known safehouse. Note, Avram doesn't say that he is going to take it there, just that we should "send it ... back with one of your other men," which leads me to trust the proposition more.

The guy is greedy, and would probably be tempted if we left him alone with a cart full of minotaur bones, but right now there are two reasons to trust him on this: 1) He's panicking. 2) He doesn't know how valuable the wares are. We didn't give any specifics, and I don't intend to. The innkeeper will just get a pack and instruction that we will be back to pick it up on our way out, because we won't be handling this personally. ("Hi are you a good place to stash witchcraft medicine and also can you interpret my dreams and how does the average Baitellian feel about really tan people?")

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
This is going to bite us in the rear end. We're trusting priceless objects to Avram's contraband friend. We're going end up having to buy them back for the price of the minotaur. Let's just accept the delays, who cares.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Zybourne Clock posted:

E. Imagine for a moment that you are a highly blooded guard from Baitel. The only people you ever meet are from Baitel or the neighboring cities. Sometimes they are tall, mighty folks with a strong presence. Sometimes they are regular-sized common folk who lack a presence. That is how life has always been for you. You've never questioned why this is the case, it just is.

Although we can't exclude that there are other factors at work that control whether a person develops a presence or not, we do know that our Balls seemed to develop them after they started fighting minotaurs. With two exceptions, all of our Balls, Blooded and unblooded alike, have presences. Maybe they are racist/classicist assholes who truly believe that Mighty Men can do no wrong, but to me it seems more likely they are confused by the presence of our common Balls. They probably think they're smuggling artifacts under their clothes, because to them the idea of an unblooded person having a presence is bizarre.

I don't think this is a thing we can or should fix.

Voting this Don't give up the medicine.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zybourne Clock posted:

This trip to Baitel has already been quite enlightening. I hope we aren't in a rush to get back to Zepath; it seems we can learn how to build quite a few awesome things in this city. We'll be like a college student who studies abroad for a year and comes back with the feeling that the uncultured hicks don't understand him anymore.

"But dad, we have to build a sewer system. They have one in Baitel! Everyone uses it!"

This is a good idea, and we should keep it in mind when we have opportunities to max out our money.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Tsyni posted:

This is going to bite us in the rear end. We're trusting priceless objects to Avram's contraband friend. We're going end up having to buy them back for the price of the minotaur. Let's just accept the delays, who cares.

Avram is the guy who has helped us sell stuff to Indor in the past too, right? He has to have an idea that anything Indor related is valuable to some degree. It's why he risks pissing off Tudiya in the first place.

If he could easily snatch this from us and sell it on the side, pay the innkeeper hush hush money, of course he will. He could probably make like 10 years wages on the knife alone if he gets it to the right buyer - and that's his job! Finding people to buy poo poo.

We're as good as handing it to him with B.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

FoxTerrier posted:

Unless the old men have been stabbed when we weren't looking, it's probably not going to do poo poo for them. From what Indor has said it works for specific issues, it's not like magical aleve.

Giving the old men Indors meth could be funny though, I admi.

Anyway, please tell me goons aren't voting to dump a fortune in the countryside because they MIGHT be connected to the searches, someone MIGHT check our bag, and then they MIGHT figure out our creams aren't standard medicines. Sigh. Goons are the worst smugglers.

Personally, it's not really the searches here and now that bother me - it's the idea of bringing them into Baitel proper, which it has been made pretty clear is not a good place to bring anything related to witchcraft. Zeb already made it clear that it would be best not to bring Indor's stuff into the city, and if we absolutely HAD to bring the poo poo, we should leave them outside the city. Avram is now confirming that even medicine is bad ju-ju, and we personally know that the medicine has a presence that is possibly detectable. Now if we're going to need to leave the meds outside Baitel anyways, I figure we may as well drop it off well away from the more settled areas closer into Baitel where fewer people are likely to stumble across it, reducing the (probably small) risk of their being discovered.

Seriously, now, do we think a small fortune (which, incidentally, we never actually paid any money for anyways) is worth the risk of angering the authorities in Baitel when the whole point of our coming here was to impress said authorities?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Gotta stick to my guns here, C

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Zybourne Clock posted:

E. Imagine for a moment that you are a highly blooded guard from Baitel. The only people you ever meet are from Baitel or the neighboring cities. Sometimes they are tall, mighty folks with a strong presence. Sometimes they are regular-sized common folk who lack a presence. That is how life has always been for you. You've never questioned why this is the case, it just is.

Although we can't exclude that there are other factors at work that control whether a person develops a presence or not, we do know that our Balls seemed to develop them after they started fighting minotaurs. With two exceptions, all of our Balls, Blooded and unblooded alike, have presences. Maybe they are racist/classicist assholes who truly believe that Mighty Men can do no wrong, but to me it seems more likely they are confused by the presence of our common Balls. They probably think they're smuggling artifacts under their clothes, because to them the idea of an unblooded person having a presence is bizarre.

Changing my vote to this.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
I'm voting B

I understand being mistrustful here but if we get caught with this poo poo we might lose the whole caravan or something. Or at the least pay a huge fine.

At the same time, the profit minded part of me refuses to get rid of expensive and useful poo poo based on religious dogma.

If we bury them, chances are we are losing them for good lets actually be realistic here. Snarls is smart, and so are we generally, but considering the patrols can sense poo poo, generally they'd just find it buried even if we could remember where it was.

If we hand it off to Avram's friend, we might be paying some coin, but it's nothing compared to what the stuff is worth. I get the distinct feeling Avram and his innkeeper friend won't honestly try to scam the 9 foot tall bulked out black man with supernatural powers who fights demons and just dragged a minotaur all the way to Baitel.

If they try, I think a good murderous glare towards the innkeeper might change his mind. We are a very intimidating person because we are different. Use it to our advantage.

ArbitraryTA fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 17, 2014

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
If Avram wanted to double cross us, he already had his chance at the last city he was able to hold his banner up in.

He could've potentially declared the entire caravan his to the last king and we would've had no claim to it as he sold it off. A couple of potions is just not worth it to him at this point, and the innkeeper is already going to be paid off to keep them.

I was probably one of the most paranoid about Avram before we left on our trip, but this just isn't setting off any bells. Where were you guys when I wanted to get a contract signed?

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Avram may be a greedy fucker, but he's not crazy. We speak with Melachim, We captured and HAULED A MINOTAUR ACROSS THE WORLD on a lark. We are a badass with a personal band of monster hunters, the adopted son of a king, our feasting has given us mercantile connections even in Baitel, and it is by our graces he's making loads of cash. Just being associated with a Hero's caravan of wonders is great for his rep!

Is he a suicidal, treacherous, supremely ungrateful greedy fucker? Screwing us over seems extremely hazardous to health and reputation, he will not do this.

B Send it to the inn.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Zybourne Clock posted:

Voting this

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

UppaTree posted:

Avram may be a greedy fucker, but he's not crazy. We speak with Melachim, We captured and HAULED A MINOTAUR ACROSS THE WORLD on a lark. We are a badass with a personal band of monster hunters, the adopted son of a king, our feasting has given us mercantile connections even in Baitel, and it is by our graces he's making loads of cash. Just being associated with a Hero's caravan of wonders is great for his rep!

Is he a suicidal, treacherous, supremely ungrateful greedy fucker? Screwing us over seems extremely hazardous to health and reputation, he will not do this.

B Send it to the inn.

We're not just trusting Avram, we have to trust his shady pal who may not know all these things about us.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

B

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Disargeria posted:

If Avram wanted to double cross us, he already had his chance at the last city he was able to hold his banner up in.

He could've potentially declared the entire caravan his to the last king and we would've had no claim to it as he sold it off. A couple of potions is just not worth it to him at this point, and the innkeeper is already going to be paid off to keep them.

I was probably one of the most paranoid about Avram before we left on our trip, but this just isn't setting off any bells. Where were you guys when I wanted to get a contract signed?

The problem as I see it is Avram can come up with all sorts of reasons as to why our stuff is gone that gives him plausible deniability in this instance. Random patrol, someone stole it from the innkeeper, are you sure there were 3 potions instead of 2, etc. All of which very likely ends in Avram not getting his rear end beat and being able to sell a priceless item and keep the lion's share of the profit himself.

If he tried flipping the caravan on us right in front of us, he blatantly is being a dick and would get a one way ticket to Mt. Har for it.

Sure, if he lost the whole bounty over a few potions it isn't worth it. If he can get to Baitel, sell our stuff, wave goodbye, and THEN we find out his innkeeper lost the goods weeks later when we go to pick it up?

All of a sudden his 10% profit from the whole trip is boosted by being able to sell three potions and a knife that could quite possibly double his take if he sells it to the right person, and he has an alibi.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
A reasonable compromise might be sending someone we trust to sit on the potions at the inn for the next couple months.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Voting to just ditch the expensive medicines that we didn't pay anything for and never use.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Tsyni posted:

A reasonable compromise might be sending someone we trust to sit on the potions at the inn for the next couple months.

I thought about doing something like this. I'm not sure who we trust that we wouldn't feel like huge jerks for making them miss Baitel.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm not a fan of leaving the medicines at the inn. The possibility of someone finding them there and nicking them gives us reason to rush out of Baital, doubly so if we leave someone to watch them, while I'd like to stay in Baital for a month or two and try and learn poo poo. I think burying it is a better solution.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
DO NOT LEAVE THE MEDECINES WITH ANYONE ELSE REGARDLESS WHO IT IS THEY ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN EVERYTHING ELSE WE HAVE

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Razage posted:

D & C send Pabel with snarls so people don't think a loving bear is on the loose and needs killing. Also the we don't offend him by asking him to surrender any charms he has. Just do this once and then we can see if these items are the problem or not before burying them and then finding out it was something else.

What possible reason is there for not doing this? At least do it the one time so we can figure out whether or not Indor's wares are what's causing the issue, before we go about dumping/burying/otherwise-losing them.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Why don't we just run off the trail for half a day and bury it. Then catch up?

Shouldn't be so hard for us. Snarls can sniff it up later

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -