Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Sogol posted:

Yes, I think a large empire of an embattled humanity is implied. We are their King and representative of the Heavens. The old man in the Temple is saying that we will not abandon them, not just that god will not abandon them.

Edit: the monstrous enemy is probably our children.

I agree with your interpretation but I'm not sure we have enough information to draw solid conclusions yet. Probably by design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Consult Sebek.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

E. Keep moving. Always keep moving.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Rahul posted:

G. We trudge towards mount Har, or whatever is left of it.

Actually, this.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fine. H. Go and find the biggest, baddest foe we can and beat the poo poo out of it. We are the son of Tudiya, Enkidu's heir. We may die, but we're not going to die alone in a cave.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Diogines posted:

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

You're just a barrel of laughs today.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mr Apollo posted:

B go to Ish and take him up on that whole sterilization thing. Because, and stop me if this sounds crazy, having kids may be a bad idea.

Yup. I'm pretty convinced what we saw was a prophecy of a world in which we weren't spayed.

quote:

After your seed
All this follows

Cop a quick shot to the nuts and then go get married.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Also, when we speak to Ishamel, tell him about the dream. Tell him we received a direct message from Smythos.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Also find and hug Snarls. Immediately.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tomn posted:

Now, some folks are kinda pissed at Smythos here because "He's just sending us a bullshit prophecy dream, this isn't none of it real, why be scared by a random idiot?"

Question: Aside from feeling far more intense, how exactly does this dream differ from Smythos showing up and yelling "DO NOT HAVE CHILDREN BECAUSE IF YOU DO TERRIBLE PAIN AND DEVASTATION WILL ARISE!"?

Sure, this is probably not a true, exact prophecy of the future, but that doesn't matter - this is a very powerful Melachim's way of delivering a message of what he THINKS is going to happen in the future if we have children. In its essence, it's really not very different from any of us making an argument to do this or that - Smythos just has a much better home entertainment system to host his arguments from.

You may disagree with Smythos, of course. You may think he's overplaying the dangers, that we can certainly control the problems, that we can surely bring about a new golden age of peace and prosperity instead.

THAT is why he accuses us of thinking our wisdom greater than eternal children of El. We, Enkidel, barely out of our teens if at all, think our knowledge and judgement superior to those who probably made the world. We know better - of course we do. We are the protagonists, aren't we? Shouldn't these eternal creators deal with us as equals instead of superiors?

A vote for not sterilizing ourselves is essentially a vote saying "No, gently caress you, I'm right and you're wrong" to the Melachim. Certainly to Smythos, anyways. Now, that's not to say that Smythos is indubitably right or that we are indubitably wrong - who knows, perhaps everyone except us IS mistaken about the nature of the world. Just be aware that by arguing back, you'll essentially be flipping the bird to a lot of very powerful, long-lived deities who already think we're a dangerous loose cannon who should be taken out for the good of the world.

If you really, REALLY want to retain our ability to have kids, don't vote for not sterilizing ourselves. Vote for magical exile, or cyrosleep, or any other method that wouldn't make the Melachim fear what we will do next and what our children would do. Voting to stay on Ur and remain fertile is voting to get our teeth kicked in by very powerful beings who believe they're saving the world.

Personally, though, I'd already been convinced that sterilization is probably a good idea. This just confirms it. I'd like to see what Ish has to say before taking the plunge, though.

B: Go chat with Ishamal about the dream we just had.

Bold this entire loving post.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Agnus DEI, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus DEI, qui tollis peccata mundi, miserere nobis.
Agnus DEI, qui tollis peccata mundi, dona nobis pacem.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Basscop posted:

B. Go back to Athar. Have multiple babies and lead our brood to consume the entire world and this prick melachim with it.

You are a bad fish.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Zybourne Clock posted:

5N+V. Humble yourself, be honest about it, and apologize to Ishamal.

Voting this as well.

That we were even considering not listening to Ishamel is horrifically embarrassing. He is infinitely older and wiser than us. Besides which, sterilisation doesn't take away from our potential - it focuses it entirely on us.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Voting to stop sperging until we get a vote.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DF. We need to train our Balls to be tough, but cripple boy has done his part.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

P. Cry out to the Onegod. His coming was foretold. He will break your (rapidly descending) chains.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

The big surprise twist to this game is that Sojenus becomes treasure.

Go be treasure.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Diogines posted:

Good and noble goons. I'd like very much to update tonight but I am not sure if we will. If not, my apologies for the delay.

Voting to update tonight. I'm sure Team Wikipedia will post several dozen paragraphs about how this is a bad idea and how it is vitally important that we play our flute immediately.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

We could transform the Balls of Labaras into the greatest horn section of all time.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Vavrek posted:

If you're looking at matters as strictly physical, with no regard for functional similarity or understanding by analogy, maybe. Functionally, castration removes the testicles, the capacity to have biological children or have a traditional sex life, and alters the person's physiology. A vasectomy, properly performed, only removes the capacity to father biological children, which, we were told, was the sole effect of whatever Ishamal did.

Also, I didn't expect my idea to garner as much support as it has. It was kind of sarcastic, as I'm still trying to figure out how to fit Gough's Greatbow into our current, new, knowledge of ourselves and our place in the world.

edit: Fellow fans of Farscape should totally be reading my above rambling about genitals in Pilot's voice.

Mate that's how I read all of your posts.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

7D.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Voting Plan Schwarma, with the addition that we grip the flute while we play the horn and bust out a sick loving horn solo.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Throw the heart at a Minotaur.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

1A
2G
3H

Goodbye, Indoor. Dealing with you was a massive liability.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Imperialist Dog posted:

I. Gazz with Azz
J. Follow the horde

Also, Ibleam delenda est.

Has my vote.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I try and prevent everyone from fighting, this is so distressing. Use my avatar.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I have to imagine Enkidel is lying on a riverbank with foam coming out of his mouth.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

A. Unity!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

A. I'm really enjoying this game and want to see where Enkidel goes.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Tsyni posted:

I would like to lobby for vote O to still be included in what we do.

If you look at the top 5 options (M, V, Y, O, L) here are the percentages of the narrowed to 8 options vote:

M - 23.23%
V - 18.18%
Y - 17.17%
O - 16.16%
L - 10.1%

It drops off after O, but how can O be excluded when it is only 1% lower than the next highest option, only 2% lower than the second highest picked option?

Witches get stitches.

Didn't get in in time to vote but love the idea of not hanging out with Public Witch Enemy Number 1. Also plan Tomn for slave freedom over time is absolute genius.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

1. G - to maintain equipment while traveling.
2. L + "You must do the manhood test like I did. It is important. There is more to it than you know."

Don't tell him anything anything else about the manhood trial, but I think the old manhood test for Zepa's lineage is pretty loving important. Danal must do it before anything else.

Have to agree with this. If Danal wants to prove himself worthy, he must do the manhood test.

Voting we speak to Tudiya about Danal's test.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

the_steve posted:

You have slain the demon you "know" as F'dor'h and have elected to constantly wear its body on your head.

You don't need to bathe, you don't need to bathe, you don't need to bathe...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

FoxTerrier posted:

M. Go with Snarls and Aaron to look for Danal, and signs of Paebel as well if doing so doesn't take us from tracking Danal.

Aaron cares about Danal almost as much as we do, and if something super weird has happened (like a Barkof abduction) he'll be able to either help us fight or get backup quickly.

We'll move much faster with Aaron and Snarls than with the Balls as well, and likely more efficiently as we utilize Aaron's knowledge of the landscape etc.

Team Enki/Snarls/Aaron to the rescue. It just makes sense. :colbert:

This is great and has my vote.

If it isn't Barkoff, I'm worried it's some new monster outbreak. Danal being missing is one thing, but Paebel?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

1B - Tell Ish, just so he knows what's up.
2H - Armour on. Be prepared.
3N - Keep our reserves of strength for when we need it
4S - Trust our instincts. Let's hunt some demons.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

G. We are an eighty foot tall superman. Time to add another notch to our belt!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

AG.

ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

A. Well done murdering a bird, guys.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Guys this is a huge opportunity.

1B. Danal survived the Roc, he'll be ok.
2F. No time to gut the bird.
3L. El gets the best bits of the Roc. Failing that just set fire to the whole loving bird.
4T. HATCH THE EGG AND TAME THE BABY ROC. FLY TO BAITEL.
5K. Keep the egg in the bag, wear armour. Keep the egg bag in the sun during the day and lie with it at night.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

A quick note on hatching and raising a baby Roc:

Remember how we accidentally made Snarls a Mighty Man's Best Friend?

Think about raising a giant, telepathic bird who thinks we are its mother.

Think also about how much it would add to our fame to own such a bird.

A vote for hatching the Roc is a vote for awesomeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

HBar posted:

Hatching the egg is really tempting, but how are we going to keep it fed? A grown Roc regularly eats cow-sized meals. If we let it go hunting near Zepath, it'll probably come back with someone else's livestock more often than not. We'll end up with a lot of furious farmers and a lot of silver wasted on settling disputes. Feeding it further afield would amount to a full-time job. And that's assuming Rocs are even trainable and that we know enough to keep one alive to adulthood.

For when it's young, we own cows.

Once it's old enough to hunt? Mancow season begins.

Just imagine it: a group of minotaurs stop as something blots out the sun. Suddenly, one of their number is snatched up by a giant bird. On it's back sits a giggling bearded giant and an excited giant dog.

Hunts for the pack!