Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«34 »
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

B

The last CYOA taught us an important message.

Monster's aren't the actually monsters. GODS are the real monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Even if this is stuck in the game room you still had one hell of a good run on GBS.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

One compromise that comes to mind would be keeping it in GBS for a week or so before moving it here. Not ideal of course, and you'd want to include a few notices about the move before it happened.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A. Let's see how life is under ONEGOD.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This is going to establish the sort of person we are. And if I've learned one though about life as a depressive it's always important to help others and that things are always my fault.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

She isn't crying out for El, she is crying out for Jal El. When Superman sees this he's going to kick dad's rear end.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I'd like to cast a vote for Papa Mad

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I know just how 4 year old us should handle it.

1) Cut some of the hair.
2) Look around at the everyone
3) Did we cut some of the hair? Good.
4) NOW we can start crying because honestly WTF!

Edit: May as well count this as a vote for C.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This is obviously a patriarch and we're already on our way to being an outcast. We can't afford to make visiting Jalitha in our top five.

1: B, C, A, D, E, F, H, G

2: A is for bAsscop!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Why do you L voters hate Basscop?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

We've heard from the fishgod, seen his children, been blessed by his benevolence and those of the other gods. Has the skygod ever manifested himself around us? Is Skygod jealous of the other gods?

At best he is friends with Jalitha but her actions made us an outcast!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sogol posted:

Clearly Ashera is real, but did he save us from being defiled? If those sky giants aren't real how did we get defiled in the first place... And why doesn't dad just laugh it off when we pray to them... Granted Dad may never laugh at anything.

Counterpoint: Did Skygod save Jalitha from getting severely beaten by one of Ashera's high priests?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This is an ancient fishing village. Denouncing a key part of our faith will have grave consequences. We're also the son of a high priest. We're expected to assume the position of high priest in the worship of Ashera and the true gods. And they are true gods: we've seen the children of Ashera and received blessings from them. But we haven't seen any signs of the Skygod or the Skygiants.

The only person we know of who believes in the Skygod is Jalithat. She meant to earn the favor of Skygod by cutting our hair but that blasphemous act left us a disfigured outcast. The Skygod certainly didn't help her carry out the act done in his name. He definitely didn't intervene whenever she was beaten.

Jalitha is a good person but she is also mistaken. We will pay dearly if we make those same mistakes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hankosha posted:

This:

(Pagam for Boat learning.)

This

oops, vote over.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at May 25, 2013 around 21:14

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, a storm is coming, I'm sure that's no big deal.

This is vital!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

1 No
2 Yes
3 Begrudgingly start taking your lessons more seriously. Our people lives depend on it!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

This isn't a vote so much as a request.

Take the religious lessons more seriously

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Question: Has the village seen any big changes since you were a child?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yes, more lessons from dad.

Note to self, we still need to learn how to build a boat

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Volmarias posted:

Ask our father if he would consent to us taking every seventh day off, if we swear to being studious from now on. Everyone wins here, if he takes it.

I love this idea

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

D

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Not A

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

B! WE MUST WARN THE VILLAGE ABOUT THINGS!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

You fools! Who else will tell the villagers that our dad is an evil demon and that he's under attack by angry men with shiny stone hands!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

You know what? That's actually good news for the village. Ancient sea-cultures knew about tsunamis and were aware that giant receding tides = about to get swamped.

Changing my vote to DON'T KILL ANYONE

Also:

[18:53] <somerandompaui> "Yes, the sky giants give you shiny metal arms but the fish god gives you lightning powers."
[18:54] <maxhush> well, if there were turtle gods maybe people wouldnt be jumping on the traitorwagon, lol
[18:54] <somerandompaui> "So your got just makes you a lightning rod"
[18:54] <Reign> yeah what sort of loving sky gods let their enemies toss lightening around
[18:54] <Reign> thats Their poo poo
[18:54] <Reign> obviously the sky giants are incompetent
[18:54] <ADarkerPorpoise> Spare the lightning rod spoil the child with lightning powers
[18:54] <maxhush> this is conclusive that jalithas stories about lightning are wrong, and our dads oneswere right

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Jesus is colourblin posted:

These assholes came into our village, fed our dad poison, and then beheaded him.

They beheaded our dad! The dude who protects the village, and Jorah, and Pagam, and Mom, and everyone we have ever known and loved (except Jalitha) from the wrath of Asherah. They just straight up killed him. We didn't come to them, they came to us.

I can't emphasize this enough

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

With our dad dead the village has become our responsibility.

That said, if there's a tsunami on the way we'll still need to GTFO. Our people probably know to do that too.

No to take the tooth with us. Dad will be SO pissed at us taking it if he's only temporarily dead

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at May 28, 2013 around 09:42

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

El is the Storm that Comes.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Another vote for Plan Sassmouth

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rahul posted:

By the way, in spite of what I posted above, and despite it having no support or momentum, my personal vote remains plan Theglavwen:

Tell them he's boss of the sky giants, and worshipped by the people of the land, and who rules over them the way Asherah rules the sea.

I'm in favor of this plan.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Other: Choose another name for ourselves. Beaky

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I still say we should rename ourselves Beaky.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

My father was teaching me how to read messages from the sea but I didn't learn that much. Will I learn anything like that from you? What else will I learn?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

We will name our puppy BEAKY!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yes, ask that.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sogol posted:

Things aren't just given names. They have names to be discovered. I vote we wait until we meet the puppy and discover its name, which might be any of the excellent names suggested.

This makes sense and it's won me over. No name for now

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A + I

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

B for Bandwagon

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer