Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

I can't believe you idiots trust Jalitha. In the last CYOA Narod was nothing but loyal to us right until the end, and people wanted to murder him left and right through the entire story. Jalitha on the other hand has accused our village of cannibalism, tried to kidnap us, and is partly responsible for getting our father killed.

There's no solid proof she's our mother, there's even less proof that our village are actually cannibals (has she gone on the manhood journey? no.) All we know is she wants to be rescued and wants to take us with her, so there's a pretty good chance she straight up lied to the foreigners about our village.

And gently caress these foreigners by the way. It was made pretty goddamn clear that they were unwelcome even if they couldn't understand our language, but they persisted anyway. Not only that, but they then go and kidnap an eleven year old child, murder a couple of our neighbors, and then strike our father down right in front of us as he tries to protect his son and village from foreign demons.

We should slit Jalitha's throat or crush her skull in with a rock first chance we get (to succeed and not be caught that is).

Voting

EDIT: Changed vote from not-A to not-H

Vernii fucked around with this message at 10:16 on May 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

maxhush posted:

Jorahs coming to get us - The outsiders have killed his brother; A priest of Asherah, stolen his son and taken Asherah's tooth, their most holy relic. The great hunger will guide them to us. Pagams going to go Predator on these demons from the North.

Say;

El is the king of the sky giants. He and his giants send lightning to punish evil people and monsters. My Dad shot lightning at you.

:colbert:

Voting this.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Not A. Something will go wrong, we'll get blamed for it because we're older than Danal and should have known better.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

A and C

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Don't call Indor "Grandmother", it's weird and creepy, and way too familiar to be using for someone when we're also terminating our business relationship with them. It's like if your boss that you are only know professionally tries to act like you're his best friend while also telling you to empty your poo poo out of your desk and get the gently caress out.

EDIT: Suppose I should vote...

1. A, we can always re-establish our business relationship later if things calm down.
2. F
3. I
4. J

Vernii fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 21, 2014

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

quote:

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Yeah how's that learning how to use our powers working out? Oh yeah, guy who forced us into getting our balls cut is just teaching us...breathing exercises??? Let's face it, Ishamal and the rest of the ultra-EL camp will not teach us how to use our power but instead demand we do nothing with it. And if they teach us anything, it'll be how to NOT use our power.

Ralith posted:

Yeah, the immensely powerful being who hasn't made more than the barest token effort to do anything about the masses of humanity under the thumbs of demons. Let's definitely just do everything he wants without any effort to verify or learn, he obviously has everyone's best interests at heart. Especially those of the people who are getting murdered and eaten by their neighbors.

So, Enkidel, upon whose self-control the safety of the world may rest, should obey and learn from a egotistical being that completely loses its poo poo if you don't even think in exactly the manner it wants? I'd rather deal with reasonable people that can comprehend the concept of diplomacy.

Pretty much this. They're just going to keep stringing us along. We need to look out for ourselves and take responsibility for our own personal growth, and working with Indor, at least, brings us further in that direction.

Have a sense of patience about it, goddamn. Enkidel is only what, 16-18? Unless we screw up and get him killed, he's going to live for centuries, which certainly isn't guaranteed given that most of the times we've tried to or accidentally used magic we end up almost killing ourselves. Have you guys already forgotten the massive heart attack that Enkidel had in the cave? Or when we nearly killed both ourselves and our dog while trying to use Snarl's senses? Being taught how not to use our power is definitely in our best interest until we're ready.

To use an analogy here, we're Luke Skywalker early in his training with Yoda when he all he's doing is jogging around and doing PT. The "gently caress you dad!" faction at this point wants to give up on that and go join Vader because he promised us everything we could want, and gently caress that Yoda guy for not showing us cool lightsaber tricks on day 1.

EDIT: It's actually even worse than that analogy because Yoda never feared what Luke was capable of, and never told him "I should probably just kill you because it would be safer for the world that way, but I'm going to give you a chance to not be an apocalyptic gently caress up and learn to control yourself." And then certain goons still want to go out of their way to spit in his face for not immediately telling us everything we want to know because We're a Special Snowflake and deserve everything we want.

Vernii fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Theglavwen posted:

I suppose the difference for a number of people is that it didn't take six real months of watching Yoda train Luke to get to the payoff. It's one thing to 'be patient' on Enkindel's scale, yeah, he's only 18, it's only been a couple months of training and that's nothing, for him. On the other hand, 'being patient' can be a rather different demand, for some people, if it means it'll be March 2015 before we can upgrade from not-breathing.

Sympathetic, but I'm still one of the people who prefers to spend the time on these little details rather than jumping ahead.

Oh I can understand, but time skips are an option, and things would probably move faster if we didn't get bogged down in multi-day conversations trying to figure out the right phrasing to questions to try and trick people into giving us answers (that we won't get anyway).

It's also important to remember that killing us isn't an option that's been taken off the table. Ishamal's approach is "If you want to continue living then you need to learn to control your powers" and he didn't give us the option of learning from anyone else in that arrangement. If we start going all Anakin Skywalker on him, we're just going to end up another sad chapter of his life that he doesn't talk about to anyone.

"Remember Enkidel? Those were some interesting times."

"Yea, good kid for the most part, had a lot of potential. Couldn't be helped though." :smith: