Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries
:siren: Option B is not necessarily mortal :siren:

Diogines posted:

Option A is at the Dawn of Time, so, it does not really give anything away to say it is not human, there not being any yet.
Option B starts in the world, after man already exists, but says nothing of what you are picking, only where and when.

That being said, I'm going with B anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

A. Father
B. Uncle Jorah
E. Jalitha
H. Alone, swimming in the ocean
D. Mom
C. Uncle Pagam
F. Alone along the beach
G. Alone in the forest

2 - A

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Wake Barkof

Regardless of Danal's physical size, his maturity clearly reflects his actual age (~5 years old). Encouraging the king's 5-year-old son to venture off into danger is incredibly irresponsible, and at 11 we'll probably be expected to know that.

Unless infant adventuring is a normal Labarasian stage of development or something.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Globofglob posted:

You guys are gonna get yourself shown as more cowardly than a 6 year old.

While you guys are showing yourselves as having the judgement of a 6 year old :v:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

C, A, A

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

There's no point in voting A (ask Ishamal how he did that), he's just going to give us some crock about El, heroes, Labaras, and whatever.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Ask about the 'storm is coming' and 'save for years of hardship' messages

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I'm voting for D and I.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

B - We need food to live, because we're human

C - Unless these jackals are totally unlike those in the real world, they will definitely scatter from a 7 foot yelling dude with a torch.

S - Keep him close, don't let them separate us. We don't want Snarls to end up as their consolation prize.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I'm not sure Azz will find goat handjobs as hilarious as we do. It would be pretty funny if we trashed our goodwill with him by sinking to deeper depths of manimalism than he could conceive :v:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Count me in on the ACFI :bandwagon:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

Just a reminder for the guys voting H, this is what it means according to Azzael. I know the guy is our friend, but he has one hell of a mischevious streak, it might mean that we jerked off a goat or something.

I know this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but that is at least the translation of the Hebrew, which most of the language in this game is derived from. Also I'm pretty sure we heard Tudiya say it(?)

e - and with that thought, i'm gonna go with H.

Scratch that, I'm going with B. We should tacitly acknowledge our friend but move on to the temple until our sacrifice is done. H is climatic, and we haven't built up to it properly yet :D

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 26, 2013

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

UnassemblyRequired posted:

1. "You have always been my brother!" Then give him a hug.
2.Tell Tudiya that we will come to the feast shortly but we must first tend to our mother.

This.

Also:

Diogines posted:

You see several of the eldest and richest merchants and craftsmen within the city darken as if they were just told dire news.

This is interesting, there are some kind of politics at play here. Can we think of any reason the city's elite would be unhappy with our adoption?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

1. B
2. E
3. H

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

The jig is up guys, we might as well tell Tudiya the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THh1pPWEoWs

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Klingtron posted:

Welp looks like he just found out that he can't read our mind anymore. I hope that doesn't freak him out to much

That's my reading too.

Theglavwen posted:

A: Tell him, and tell him in detail. After pledging to Zepa's monument, we've found that Snarls can convey his intentions and emotions to us, his delights or fears, his trust or mistrust of others. He doesn't speak to us so much as we can sense what he feels.

^ Voting for this ^ - I think playing this off as a joke will be suspicious as hell. I'd prefer we hadn't told him at all, but there's no point in playing coy at this point, and the direct truth doesn't suggest demon possession or whatever.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Perhaps if get a blood transfusion from Snarls we can become a Mighty Man after all. A Mighty Man who can smell crime.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

dyzzy posted:

Wait why do we think Head Jorah is Xuriel, again? Was he explicitly named?

I think it was speculation with very little to back it up that got repeated enough that people think it's likely.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Tomn posted:

Comedy option: Cross our eyes. Clench our muscles. Grunt and groan. poo poo out the massive monster dump we've been holding in all this time onto Bareen and escape while she reels. This is why Diog told us we haven't taken a dump lately, people. It is foreshadowing.

I'm down with this as long as Atma is around to depict the results.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Stare at mom with huge bugged-out eyes and attempt to read her mind.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Frankenvote:

Zybourne Clock posted:

1D. "I'll tell you later".

Task Manager posted:

2) I - Ignore Aaron's question and say, "Barkof is a follower of Bareen's, I witnessed his confession with my own eyes." Because seriously, we need to tell someone this information.
There's no need to be petulant, least of all to Aaron.

3) M

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Based on someone else's paranoid thought:
E
Tell Aaron:
"Bareen spoke of the city in flames if she was discovered, and there is smoke coming from the secret chamber. I fear she may have planted some disaster in case she was to fail. We must get in there before Tudiya finishes her off!"

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Serspook's argument is pretty good, but isn't it a bit contradictory with mine? The temple is the safest spot to be, unless I'm right and it's the epicenter of a giant bomb?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Right, but if its a bomb that will destroy the city, then no real safe places except fleeing, yeah? And hell, maybe the high priest can magic up some kind of local protection if it blows.

Fair enough. I guess this also gives us a better reason to have packed up our stuff :v:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Vavrek posted:

1. A
2. M

I figure it's possible there's something under the temple that'll damage the city. My desire to see the hypothetical basement vault was greater than my concern that it might contain a firebomb of some kind. I knew mentioning danger to the city would get Aaron to help.

What I'm trying to say is that I think there's a difference between "Lying" and "Being manipulative to self-serving ends while possibly also saving the city."

Basically this for me. I still think it's pretty unlikely, and would like to be certain. I'm also very curious what's down there and knew what would get Aaron to help me, but our statement would have passed a truth-test.

e - new quote fits my position better

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 2, 2014

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

This is a mistake.

B
Tell Aaron: "This isn't what I thought it was - it is worse, but I don't think it's an immediate threat. We need to wait for Tudiya. I don't know how I know this, but my senses are screaming at me, and I've learned to trust them."

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Cool, we're the dudes in the horror movie that opened the hell door :unsmigghh:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Tomn posted:

Y'all remember Eyescream? Big ol' screaming unholy horror screeching with the mouths of the damned and seeking nothing more than our delicious, tasty flesh so as to add our voice to his chorus of agony?

He didn't feel the least bit evil. Oh, he was SCARY, sure, but he was a giant screaming tentacle blob headed dead at us - that'd be pretty scary even if he was a stone statue we saw upon rounding a corner. He was a giant, horrible, powerful monster, but aside from being huge and terrifying to look at he didn't cause any other sense or emotion.

Remember though, that was some time ago. Our Detect Magic skill might have developed more recently.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

&

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I - make it discrete, following Aaron's protocols

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

I

BUT FIRST
TO AARON
"Would it be okay if I went and got my mother and Naomi first to make sure they're safe?"

This has already been answered :v:

Diogines posted:

You ask. Aaron thinks of it for a moment. Then he says "If, if you can get them there discreetly, yes. But be certain that you tell none what you saw here, Dannal will surely pester you, you cannot tell him what has happened here. In fact if you wish to bring Naomi and your mother, tell them to join you there shortly after so that you are not all seen entering at the same time. You cannot tell them what you have seen here, nor can you let any in the temple think anymore has occurred then the fight that they know about. If you think you can be discreet, then yes, I leave it in your hands."

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Assuming that the only downside to questions is more time before the next update, i'm going to vote for
questions.
Knowledge is power!

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

A - Ward Snarls' mind
Having Snarls' mind unguarded is a known danger, he wants it himself, and our own mind-ward hasn't impeded our communication.

No to offensive questions.
This part of Enkidel's mind is content to wait for the answers to the questions that obsess us.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

1. I
2. N
3. P
4. S

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Do you guys seriously think it would be dangerous to eat a pebble? I'm not a budding superhuman and I can eat a pebble no problem.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

Task Manager posted:

1)B - No more questions - the King has spoken. The man burns.

2)C - It is very important right now, after this huge embaressment for Super-Dad, that we support his judgements. His own son, who is very noticeable given his height and exotic skin tone, needs to show the king's own family isn't divided on his judgement. As much as we may not want to, we need to join in on the stoning, for Tudiya's sake. Just showing up isn't enough - we need to be throwing stones too.

3)G - just punishments - interfering further makes Tudiya look weak; as if his city in turmoil isn't enough his own family can't be in turmoil too.

4)K - can you say "Royal Wedding"?! *squeal*

This is my vote.

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

F

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Hand. "Stick Around"

This, but it would be cool to hit the knife too. Might change to that if it picks up any steam.

Tax Inductions fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I'm not changing my vote, but why are we even shooting a dude who's about to kill himself. So we can burn him alive instead?

Unless there's something else going on and our built-in senses are reacting with bullet-time. Maybe he's trying to sacrifice himself to the demons, to possibly catastrophic effect?