Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

184 pages of just Diog's posts and I am done with them all! Now I can join in the voting along with the rest of the gerbils in Enkidel's head :toot:

F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Geez, everyone's acting like it's not a major holiday for most of us, one filled with food and alcohol. Go eat some pie.

D - mercy is best.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Obscil posted:

F. Save the stone for a sacrifice to El.

This.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

A. Every great story has an origin and the story of El is the greatest of them all.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Is everyone voting to send the kids alone assuming that Tudiya will be able to understand them and that they're capable of telling him what's going on?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

J

I wish we had more kids via Ish magic. Maybe we can ask him for a daughter Naomi can dote on when we get back home?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

2. Plan Althair, whatever letter that is by now.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 11, 2015

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

BG. Let's just get out of here as soon as reasonable.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

E

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

1. A
2. H
3. J

We can't save everyone and this is the time to acknowledge that. Fight now and fight hard.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

B and F. Let Uriah do whatever the El he's trying and use your jaw strength for something that isn't eating rocks!

ETA: I don't want to eat our attacker. I want to startle him enough that he moves and slips up somehow.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 6, 2016

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

D. Let's hope its anatomy is similar to other animals in that way. Maybe we can immobilize it.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

A combo of F and K sounds good right now.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Toughy posted:

plan tsyni

This.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

E. Keeping this all to ourself has to be one of the hardest parts of it all. Uriah is one of the few Balls who shouldd know the truth, or at least most of it.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

the_steve posted:

Wonder in an equally grim and dark tone: "And just out of curiosity, how much of that is just bad luck and culmination of circumstance, and how much is being orchestrated to punish me?"
This needs to happen.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I. Haggle like the silver tongued son of a king who spent his childhood in the market and resolves merchant disputes in his own village

Haggling stipulations: "I meant no offense with my dance. It is difficult to speak as you do with only two arms. I also know you surely meant no offense by calling my people a "swarm", for you unfamiliar with our words. I wish to give a gift, to show we mean you no harm. I also wish to give more gifts in exchange for food, water, and safe passage to the end of the Great Queen's lands. You may inspect our belongings, but my caravan has many young, and I cannot allow warriors to walk among them. I will move my people and leave the baggage so we may find good gifts among them."

If poo poo goes well maybe we can even ask them for directions (big bad things we should avoid, etc.)

Good Plan.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

1. B. I don't want to get a nosebleed around the bugs. With our luck, they'll get hungry at the sight of it. Besides, he made it clear we weren't to speak of him at all.

2. I. G, but we do not mention that we're half-Melachim. Say that Amok called himself that, just hide our personal heritage.

3. K. This goes along with my answer to 2. They don't need to know we're not wholly human.

4. M. There doesn't seem to be any reason to hide evidence of El from the bugs, so why keep it from them?

5. O. We've been asked not to bring them up and we need to keep Ish as happy as possible after everything else we've done to piss him off on this journey.

6. T. General knowledge about Ur seems like something most people would know, so there's no point in playing ignorant on that front.

7. Z. They seem to hate demons, or at least the Bnaimokt, as much as we do. This is the perfect time to talk about our finest accomplishments as a team. Maybe minimize what we saw, though.

8. C. Not gushing over our hometown and the surrounding area would just be weird but we also have secrets to keep and we better keep them.

9. H. It generally seems like we wouldn't have had anywhere near as long or as great a life if we hadn't been rescued and raised in Ur. As such, telling all about Tudiya's awesome job rescuing us feels like another safe area to gush and maybe brag a little.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Vavrek posted:

10: J: F + I. Tell the men we're away having conversations with the bugs, discussing the world, learning how each other operates, but seriously downplay how much info we're giving out and play up how much we're learning of them.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

2. D
3. K

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I don't know what's right or wrong anymore. All I can do is follow what my gut tells me to vote.

B

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

After reading the recent discussion, I've been convinced to change my vote.

Changing from B to A.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Speak to your father

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I wasn't part of it for long, comparatively, but I had a blast while I was and both your writing and picture-finding skills are amazing, Diog.

Great game, everyone.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

A Someone needs to live to tell all of Zepath what happened when the great Enkidel fell in battle.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

What happened in Lowell's thread after a really divisive vote was a switch from American democracy style voting to a parliamentary system. People came up with parties/teams, listed basics of each, and voters belong to one of them. The top few teams decide the direction of the story and choices. People can change what team they belong to at any point.

If that were done here, there could be Team El, which sticks to the orthodox view of things and listens to Ishamal's instructions; Team Hunger, which wants Asherah's revival; Team Melachim, which supports Paebel's beliefs; or even more absurd things like Team Indor, wanting to keep giving her supplies and maybe seeing if one of our sons wants to marry Puabi.

I honestly don't know if it would work here given the difference between simulation and narrative, but it takes away the problems Tomn and others have pointed out about simple majority and feeling like everything is going in a direction a large portion of the thread isn't in favor of.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I'd intended to stick with this, but all of the arguing while waiting for Diog to be ready to continue reminds me that every vote is likely to keep having pages of arguement behind it like it was towards the end of Enkidel's story. I don't have the ability to keep scrolling past it anymore, so I'm leaving the thread. If the out of game conflicts ever decrease, I might come back.

Again, Diog, thank you for running a great story in a great world.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

C
H

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

1. E

2 and 3. TheCog

4. W

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

paragon1 posted:

An autistic person obsessively cataloguing Paradise Lost facts would probably be a boon to the thread.

Even I think there's too much to catalog. Maybe if I'd started playing years ago, but not as the thread exists now. Whoever maintains the Wiki is probably the closest person/people we have in terms of sorting out information.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I think it's like Catholicism, where asking the saints to talk to God on your behalf is fine, but believing that Mary is a goddess unto herself is gross heresy.

J, modified plan Ark, aka plan Rahul

Rahul posted:

How's this for a modified ark speech?

"Did you listen to nothing I have said!? I have no more answers than Zeb or Tyudia and that includes Hagar! I have listened to her speak and have heard no evil pass her lips. Would you go out and murder an old woman for preaching her faith? Paebel, did you too not once face judgement before a crowd that cried out for your death? To question is not evil, to doubt is not heresy but it is unforgivable to kill for ignorance. Should Tyudia have dashed my head against the rocks for having been exposed to false beliefs?

There is a truth out there and I know that neither the Temple of El nor Hagar preach the full story, but what they both preach has the Good within them. Faith in El, he who made the world, and end to slavery and injustice, kindness between fellow people regardless of circumstance, would you crush Hagar with the Temple flagstone torn from the Priests?! I go tomorrow to deal with the situation I have allowed to occur so to spare life and prevent destruction. Stop and ponder my words, what you have seen of the world and the teachings of faith and compassion heard from both sides and seek Truth.

You will not kill an old woman rashly while I breathe out of pride or emotion. As Magistrate of Kavodel I forbid it. It is my responsibility and mine alone to handle Hagar if she proves treacherous. Go to your homes, and pray. A wise man told us to not Destroy.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

LivesInGrey is a lovely name anyway. My luck over in namechange thread can't be any worse than my dice rolling in Fragile Gods.

ETA: Okay, this is awesome.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 29, 2016

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

G to prove that we're not fooling around with them. Maybe destroying the object of their worship will end the weird effects going on in this situation.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Fine, fine. And maybe in the future I should try my hand at Enkidel speech-crafting.

Change from G to F.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

As far as the Curse goes, right after cat_herder and I tried to start one early this year, first our Internet got disconnected and then my laptop died.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

:cripes: I take a mental health break from the forums for a weekend, come back to over 600 posts, and I can't even make a decent vote because of what the options are. For lack of anything else Plan Outraill.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I believe I've been consistently against killing Hagar, but at this point not listening to Tudiya would make a complicated situation worse.

B is the best of a bad choice.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

EFI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Diogines posted:

A silly idea. I won't do it. But if people have some other idea for how I could reward or motivate people to change their names back, please let me know!

My new name is objectively better than LivesInGrey.