Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
We're going on a goddamned Adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
C
A
-- we're partners in crime, now
Not F -- I get that y'all are pissed about our flip-flop, but killing Danal? Forget that.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Oh gently caress no

Angela Christine posted:

Slender Man is coming.

Let's just quit now. It's as good as over.

But really. O and no not-(x) votes. That's just annoying metagaming. Vote for what you like. (Use google forms?)

Edit: Changed to a yes vote and option T.

BeefSupreme fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jun 9, 2013

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
You know what, screw it. Changing my vote--you all convinced me. Yes to not-votes. And option T: yell out that we are Enkidu. Bellow at the top of our lungs. Make it known to the forest that we are not to be messed with.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
D -- Games are fun. We didn't get to play too many games back in the olden days.
B -- We learned quickly enough, I think, that we need to be a little more aware. But still adventure.
G -- Have we ever even seen a man that old? Let's talk to him!

Note that you do not have to read:

A lot of you have been pretty spot on in your analysis of the voting patterns happening here. It got so contentious, in my view, because we saw two extreme options. Some were interested in the 'moderate' options, but most were on diametrically-opposed ends of the spectrum: pray to El and stuff, or pray to Asherah and sacrifice little kids and harbor hatred for the King. If the Asherah parts weren't so extreme, it might have been different. Once that became the de facto Asherah option, however, heels got dug in. Now a perception of the philosophy of the Asherah group had been created, one with which the El people couldn't come to terms.

Long story short, we all need to chill the hell out. Vote for whatever poo poo you want to see happen, and explain Og/Enkidel's seemingly arbitrary decision making away by sticking to the "we're an emotionally scarred 11 year-old" reasoning.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
A, H. I get the whole 'use lightning' deal is a cool idea, but we have killed a lot of crap with spears before. Like, we are an accomplished spear fisherman. Why the hell we aren't going to throw spears at this sumbitch, I don't know.

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
A and D works for me! (As per PandaPropaganda).

The good news is Ishamal, noted hunter of white whales, is here to help!

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Algid posted:

That was Ahab, Ishmael was was the narrator and the overall point of the story was that Ahab pursuing vengeance against a nonsapient creature like a whale of all things was pretty stupid. Ahab is basically obsessed with Moby Dick to the point of doing things like listening to insane prophets and anointing a harpoon with the blood of his subordinates in preparation for hunting Moby Dick. Ahab tracks down Moby Dick even though other ships warn him away, since it's a huge badass whale and you can just hunt smaller whales for profit instead of pursuing vengeance against an animal of all things. In the end Moby Dick kills everyone except Ishmael cause it's a loving whale and a bunch of dudes keep on trying to stick harpoons in it despite the fact that it repeatedly kills them. So in the end Ishmael is the only one that survives because the giant whale that just wants to be left alone was pissed off and sank the boat.

I'm not sure how that's a commentary on our current situation, but I don't think this Asherah worship thing is going to work out guys, just a hunch.

yeah sure sure that's all true and stuff but mostly I wanted to make a joke about hanging out with a guy who's name is pretty much Ishmael, a character who happens to be in a book at least nominally about hunting a sea creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefSupreme
Sep 14, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Adventure and Friends!