Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

the_steve posted:

That, and there's nothing to stop them from being re-enslaved once they're somewhere else.

I mean, the Donut Kings invented serfdom as a loophole to get around having to free people on the Jubilee in the first place. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for any given Donut Douche to fabricate a justification to enslave someone again after we freed them, assuming they don't decide to stay in Kavodel

Unless we conquer them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ee . Let's actually start learning to parry.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bow power isn't everything. A bow lighter than the-strongest-we-can-pull gives a higher rate of fire and lets us aim more easily.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

According to my back-of-the-envelope calculations the solid bronze arrows do mach 1.5 and hit like a 50mm cannon shell.
The wooden arrows are presumably fired at partial draw to prevent them exploding.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Arrows are smithcraft (they're made out of bronze).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We need to learn to eat memories. Then he'll think we're cool again.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

the_steve posted:

Really, if you think about it, Naomi is probably the biggest pivot point in our lives.
So much of what Enkidel has done in his life can be traced back to the decision that he really wanted to marry his sister.

Is our already time for Enkidel to have a mid-life crisis and blame his wife for ruining his life?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

aka beer.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Well that's a cool loving hammer.

Too bad it aint got poo poo on our ludicrous strength though.

There are other smiths in Kavodel.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The sick truth: Ur is being run on the Phoenix Command system.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

When we do get to the update we must praise the emissaries for a job well done, they came back in one piece and didn't cause a diplomatic incident.

Probably a better job than we would have done ourselves tbh.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

BoyG posted:

What I'm saying is that the king of Seir is clearly a demigod like us.

Esau himself?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

420 Gank Mid posted:

Ur is using the 'freemium' model

Descendants of people who bought in before it went f2p still get bonuses.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's actually nanomachines.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

But I'm mad as heck Gebebs don't seem to be soulful. They don't appear to have the bluestuff and this gets me all riled because they've suffered enough they deserve to have it.

Maybe they've got greenstuff or something but we don't have the right divine ancestry to see that colour.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, if only there was some merchant who sold magical things.

Are you saying we should eat Indor?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

Figuring out what has led to the decline in bloodedness, even if it really is just weakening genetics over time, seems really important.

It's because people are losing their faith in El.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Diog, what pitch is our voice? Could we become a metal singer?
We certainly /look/ the part.

Ish, is the adulation of our screaming fans too close to being worship?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

As I understand it the Rangers are more of a scouting/spy/diplomatic corps, with secondary battle utility.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We're already doing plaques for the Zuu. Make small blooded bronze plate for their house that says "the person who lives here is a certified badass. Signed, Enkidel."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are we talking about a fictional what-if-we-were-playing-Fare thread, or an actual OPFOR voting thing?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Welcome to Team Blooded Iron

It's too slow though. We should use actual blood.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ask Ishamal for spider training.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is Barkath covered under the 'no meddling' rule? Or is it too new?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Also bronze is forged, instead of casted like in real life

IRL bronze weapons were cast and then work-hardened by hammering them a lot. Freshly-cast bronze is too soft/ductile to hold a decent edge.
(But bronze that's been worked too much becomes brittle and you need to melt it again)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder what would have happened if we'd eaten Asahel instead of the flute. Would he be dead, or would he be inside us?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

I assume the melachim would get testy if we swallowed one of their own. Our magic dog they might let pass.

There's a shitload if melachim. They probably wouldn't even notice one less.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Neither the goatsfoot nor the cranequin exist yet, limiting the power to whatever the wielder can achieve by a straight pull.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A question for the capybaras:

Kavodel's industry must consume an immense amount of charcoal. Is it mostly imported, or have our citizens grown bold enough to set up charcoal-burning camps in nearby forests?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

As I understand it when Question Time begins Enkidel enters a quantum superposition, in which he both asks and doesn't ask every question posted in the thread. When the time ends the capybaras collapse the superposition and Enkidel is left with the memory of having asked every question, but everyone else will perceive him to have asked only one or two. This means that there is no reputation impact from asking every NPC 30-40 questions.
If however any single question would have a meaningful impact then Diogines will require a minivote / a meaningful amount of write-in support. Such a question is actually asked and is not part of the quantum superposition.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

They're working metal over a wood fire? That must be agony.

The best method I can come up with would be to build a decent sized fire and let it burn until its down to coals. Use the coals until they burn out. Meanwhile your apprentice/slave is building another large fire out of wood so it can start burning down to coals.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 30, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

. He just couldn't figure out a means by which a normal soldier could draw the things (the geared crank), and they were useless for Mighty Men (who could draw them), since MM can throw rocks much faster and harder than any crossbow can throw a bolt.

Asawheel.

Crazycryodude posted:

I guess it's just one of those "Ur physics don't work exactly like real physics" things and either wood burns a lot hotter in this universe or ore cooks a lot cooler.

I think the air in Ur might have a much higher oxygen content than on Earth. Not just the vigor with which wood burns, but I was reading about a priest sacrificing a cow and he just lay it down on the altar, slit its throat and poured oil on it. This was enough to burn it to ashes and nobody thought that was unusual or a sign of El's interest*. Try that on earth and all you'll achieve is the distressing smell of burnt hair. A high oxygen content would also allow scorpions etc to grow to a larger size.

* Other times sacrifices have burnt with great vigour, and that has been noted

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 31, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

or maybe

its just magic

Tell Jael that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Blasphemaster posted:

Remember the 'prepare for years of hardship' line? If 3 years of decreased food production from Tudiya being tuckered out were the result of a tough fight, imagine what it would have been if he'd died. If we hadn't given him our Nephesh in that fight and he ended up dying, well, there's your years of famine.

I still think we should build a shitload more granaries.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

UppaTree posted:

1: Storing enough energy to be comparable with a Blooded archer would require the same exotic materials as a Blooded bow - giant sinews, dragon bones, etc.

Bows have to be portable. A fixed weapon could use size as a substitute for exotic materials - make each limb out of an entire tree etc.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think he meant they're prohibited from doing X, either directly or indirectly. But if we happen to do X completely by ourselves with no guidance or even hints from them then they can hardly be blamed can they?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A Terrible Person posted:

The part I find most hilarious about this is that Snarls, being quasi-divine himself, also has a True Name.

What is our true name?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

Yeah, I remember that. I'm not 100% certain why that's a thing that happened. Maybe he jumped? That seems unlikely.

You know how we've got invisible wings? Chait's arms are like 8' long. All the other elders are similarly weird - El hadn't really settled on the final design for 'humans' yet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

One of our great-grandkids should track down the last surviving minotaur and sacrifice it for their Trial. Symbolically sacrificing the entire species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Olothreutes posted:

They claim to have his bow, but who is going to be able to tell?

Us, once we eat it.