Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I vote we take the club with us everywhere. Eventually we'll be strong enough to swing it through sheer stubbornness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

1. H - No. We don't want Danal becoming a slackass, and we don't want to set a bad example by enabling him to become one.
Say in the most grandiose fashion we can: "One of the most important tenets of being a real man is doing things that need to be done, even if you don't want to."
2. J - Yes, no haggling.

This. No haggling, no stupid questions, no sass. He wants one hundred foreskins and we will get him one hundred foreskins.

The point isn't the foreskins, it's that we're dedicated enough to hunt down and murder enough beasts to show Tudiya we mean business. Don't ask any idiot questions about Minotaur taints or whatever.

I'm half tempted to ask Tudiya if he wants to make it a formal contract.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 9, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

jazzyhattrick posted:

Question for dio. Has danal done any kind of martial training, like we've done with chait? If the answer is no tell him to go to Ishamal and ask him to set him up with a trainer, that the time for merely watching monster slaying is over. If he can impress us with his skills upon our return we will consider letting him come with us next time.
This. If Danal comes along we're gonna be responsible for him and we have enough on our plate as-is collecting demon dongs.

So:
1 A
2 D
3 G
4 J

Snarls gets a doggy backpack so he can carry his own food/water.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
F Oh no! Grab Snarl's body and get it up to that ghost!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

L. WELL MAYBE IF EVERYONE IN MY GODDAMN LIFE WOULD STOP BEING SO CRYPTIC WITH ME I WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO WHO THE HELL ARE YOU WHERE THE HELL AM I WHERE THE gently caress IS MY DOG AND WHAT IS GOING ON!?
Yessss embrace the fury.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Mostly F with a little G

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Let's just Get in there!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
L Let's thank Ishmael and tell him about the agreement we made, and promise we won't mess with anything for that length of time, but later, once he thinks we're ready we would like him to tell us whatever he thinks is right. It's just frustrating being young and ignorant is all!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Even if he knows already it is a show of faith in him to tell him about it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
A & H

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
K

Yeah it sounds like this is just opinion poo poo and not any kind of super important secret. Dude just doesn't want us gossiping to Tudiya and making him look bad for telling us how he feels about something.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
B. Say yes, you suspected.
F. Say, "Is it possible there are other bloodlines that are similar to Baitel? Or maybe branches of his line that are far distant that might have migrated to other lands? We don't know anything about out father and our mother always dodges the question when we ask."

5. Separate from what you tell Aaron, how do you feel about this claim?
H. Excited! We're gonna wield that club some day, drat it.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I like this one.

Neraren posted:

Aaron is super fast, guys. If we spook the goats he'll be able to catch them anyway.

J. Just tell him that during our manhood trial we swore we'd never harm a goat. We don't need to get any more descriptive than that. He'll either understand or else go kill one himself, but we can at least be straight with him. He put his confidence in us after all.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
B
K
V
(Pick up Snarls)

I don't think Scorpions even have foreskins so let's just do what Aaron says.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Well it's pretty obvious the scorpion isn't intelligent.

A

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1 E
2 J
Let's do a solemn prayer to El as we do it because they're still fruit trees, even if they've got the scorpion cancer. We should also stick around until the fire is completely out, out of respect and to try to make sure no scorpions get away.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1 B
2 I
3 N
4 S
5 X

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1 A
2 H
3 GM
4 A
5 AABC

Maybe a goal of investing in local businesses and getting a nice tavern for Mom can be combined somehow.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Dec 10, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Basscop posted:

Changing my vote to J

Buy the slaves and have them work for the potter for a cut of his profits. We could start a bargain at fifty fifty and settle for a third.
Any slaves not needed for clay digging can be rented out to whatever else. Without any knowledge at all about clay digging or pottery i estimate 2-3 slaves would be enough. Surplus clay could be sold to other potters.

Depending on how many slaves we get we could even use them to gather the supplies for the bridge and cover our losses with leftover money.
After a while we can reassess our income and outcome. If we end up losing then we can cut our losses, sell the supplies and rent out the slave labor.

I think the slaves can be a really good option that allows us to strike two birds with one stone. If everything works out perfectly then we can buy the slaves to cover the potter and turn a big enough profit to eventually build the bridge. Increasing our profits enough to set up the fletcher's shop as well.
Hiring the fletcher to work with the carpenter is just the cherry on top.

The secret is of course to give everyone else instant payments and no ownership of anything. The more we own the more we profit.
This is a good idea. But don't go making deals for people without consulting them first.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1 A . just negotiate a provision for a regular batch of fine arrows for us. Whatever he thinks is reasonable.

2 A sandal crossed with a bow and arrow.

3 G

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
1 A
2 G
3 I
4 K
5 M

There's an F floating in option G you probably meant to erase.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Dec 12, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

Merry Christmas, Thread! There was once a star in the heavens that drew you to TG, now it calls you on to lands of the swole and well dressed. It calls you to the lands of the one known as Shine...

WELCOME TO THE SECRET SANTA THREAD EXCHANGE!
This poo poo just keeps getting better and better.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

hollylolly posted:

B - pace yourself!

...but watch your back.
Sounds good to me.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
C

gently caress this we're gonna try our hardest and if we don't win at least we didn't just give the gently caress up like some kinda loser.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
D Let's Goku this party.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Clearly our body is just hyper-efficient and we process most everything we take in straight into usable energy.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
We gotta load up on rice and beans or we're gonna go bankrupt once we're running our own household.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Theglavwen posted:

Let's switch to genitals then.
Diog we really need an update soon.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god please no can we not go down this road please?

:ughh:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

the_steve posted:

[b]1. "I disagree with them as well, but this is their temple, and as long as our father permits it, they are free to speak their mind within their own walls. Best to pay them no mind."

2. H

gently caress it, nope, this is shady. Just say hello ask when the Archery contest starts, then get back to Danal before he gets into something.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Grandito posted:

For those voting H, keep in mind that it means skipping out on the archery contest.

Does it? It just means not talking to Bareen.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Man, I don't need all this destiny nonsense I just wanna focus on collecting these foreskins in the coming year and getting my marriage on. I'm gonna go shoot some archerys now, later.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
This is boring let's ask her about making GBS threads and then go shoot some arrows.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Ugh I hate all this infodump poo poo. We're never gonna archery are we?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Even if she's telling the truth who cares, I don't see what's so wrong with our current dumb path.

Either way someone is forcing us along the path that they want.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
B

And take the stupid bow.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Shogeton posted:

I mean, what is so bad what Tudya wnats from us? He likes grandkids. That only shows he truly considers us his son. He wants grandkids, drat it.
Seriously, yes let's just up and abandon every promise we've made so far in out lives to go along with this lady we just met for the first time.

It's not a matter of who's telling us the drat truth. If we go with her we burn all the bridges, piss everyone in our adoptive family off, and disappoint Ishmael, who is a cool guy. And we miss the wrestling contest.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
She probably wants everyone in the temple so she can teleport everyone whole hog out of the city.

Ralith posted:

X. Scream incoherently and punch her in the face as hard as we can. This is not going to succeed; it is a distraction. While doing that, telepathically order Snarls to fetch Ishamal as fast as he possibly can.

e: Also go for our knife, whichever one we can grab more quickly, and at whatever point we have a chance to. Even if she stops us, she has to expend attention and take time to do so, which is more of a lead for Snarls.
This.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

jazzyhattrick posted:

Enkidel steps over several arrow filled corpses, in front of him is a fine bow, the prize for the contest.

"Well I came here for an archery competition *picks up prize bow* And I'm pretty sure I won"

Ahahaha we need to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
If she says she can't tell us, then she can't tell us. If she says she can't tell us why then she can't. She clearly is under some sort of oath or external pressure to not tell us, making her tell us could endanger her life, you dicks.

Don't push the subject. I vote we say "Ok. I understand. Thank you for telling me that instead of just changing the subject."

Then do L.