Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Compilation of Snarls posts between updates:

quote:

Yes. Word came from the Old-Den. The Far-Pack is gone. None of the Pack can go there, bad things.

quote:

Snarls tells you that a number of your Common Balls are coming, as well as Nahari, Jassiel and Paebel.

quote:

Teaches-the-Hunt came before we left. He said that the den of the Far-Pack is very, very, very bad now and NO ONE can go there at all or even towards it. The rest of the Pack is to stay at the Den for now and not go to the Far-Pack's den. If anyone from the Far-Pack comes to the Den, they have to stay outside of the Den but CANNOT come into the Den itself and the Pack is not to hurt them, but is they have to, do it and do not touch any of them at all. Teaches-the-Hunt said it was very important, they can be given food and meat but they CANNOT come into the Den or touch ANYONE! He said that was VERY important! Bad-Smellers went to attack the Old-Den! But Biggest-In-The-Pack-Who-Fights-For-The-Pack-And-Makes-Sure-The-Pack-Does-Not-Fight-Itself went west of the Den and fought the Bad-Smellers and beat them! Biggest-In-The-Pack-Who-Fights-For-The-Pack-And-Makes-Sure-The-Pack-Does-Not-Fight-Itself also said that if anyone else comes from other places, they are not allowed to stay in the Den but have to keep gong and can go to the Old Den if they want. When we left, some of the Pack were arguing about going to the Old Den or staying in the Den? Most decided to stay, because our hunters are fearsome and can keep them safe, just like they beat the Silver-Bugs!

We are coming! Be there soon!

Snarls is mistaken. He will not be with you soon, you wish he was... a big warm hug would be pretty great right about now. He is still far away.

quote:

He did not say. But he said that he had orders from Biggest-In-The-Pack-Who-Fights-For-The-Pack-And-Makes-Sure-The-Pack-Does-Not-Fight-Itself. And no one can drink from the river AT ALL for at least a week. He said he will be back then to tell the Pack if they can. The pack is worried because they don't have water! The Hunters are taking other men of the Pack with jugs to water besides the river nearby and filling it when we left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You decide that you need food and warmth more than you need to get closer to home. You set up a small and crude shelter against the side of a hill. With a primitive shelter comes more warmth at night. You manage to take down several wild animals and find edible plants. Your kills include two antelope. After you finish eating most of them ( and sucking the marrow from their bones ) you set to work stretching their hides over a far. You will turn them into a cloak tomorrow. For now, you need sleep. You are still very hungry but no longer ravenous, that second antelope really hit the spot. Your nose is a little runny but your head is less congested. The food of the last three days was a big help in some ways. But not in others. Your back is getting worse, not better. Each movement which pulls at the skin of your back is like a knife stabbed into it. Trying to find relief from the agony, you lay in your shelter on your stomach and try to sleep.

[...]

You are in your bed at home, it is night. You have just come back from a wildly successful monster hunting expedition with your Balls. You also found a baby Roc and became its best friend, Naomi and Ishamal thought that was a fine idea! Snarls is sleeping happily in the corner and is extra-adorable, beside him is Watches-The-Stupid-Fuzzies and their puppies which are adorable and already talking! You also won an archery contest against Chait himself, finished Zepa's Shield early and underbudget and, AND finally got some answers out of Ishamal! That was after you made a really good batch of all-bronze arrows, now you have plenty of spares! Some of the details are a bit... fuzzy but you don't really care. There is a plate of seaweed cakes on the nightstand next to you. Naomi puts one in your mouth, it is extra crunchy just like you like best and tastes amazing.

It has been... a good day. A really good day. But you are really tired, you did a lot after all. Your back is aching badly. Naomi kisses your back and says "Oh my poor husband. Stay still, I will make it feel all better." She begins to rub your back and shoulders, her touch is the balm you needed for your pain. She nibbles playfully on your fingers. But you are tired, very tired and just want to go to sleep. Naomi's fingers feel amazing on your back. You are warm, comfortable and safe. You should go to sleep, Naomi will take care of you.

1. You..... *YAWN!*
A. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
B. ZzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzz.
C. Tell Naomi you love her, then go to sleep.
D. Give Naomi a kiss, then go to sleep.
E. Adult time with Naomi, then sleep.
F. Zzzzz.......Zzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzz.
G. YAWN......zzzzzzzz..zzzzz.
H. Zzzzzzzzzz.
I. zzzzZZZZZZZZ
J. Sleep.
K. Sleep.
L. Sleep, it will be okay.
M. Zzzzzzzzz.
N. zZzZzZzZzZz
O. ZzZzZzZzZzZ
P. zZzZzZzZzZz
Q. ZzZzZzZzZzZ
R. zZzZzZzZzZz
S. zZzZzZzZzZz
T. ZzZzZzZzZzZ
U. zZzZzZzZzZz
V. ZzZzZzZzZzZ
W. zZzZzZzZzZz
X. ZzZzZzZzZzZ
Y. zZzZzZzZzZz
Z. Something else. Fill in.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn posted:

Hey Diog, I don't suppose we're in any position, off-hand, to remember what we've ever heard of monsters that affect the minds of their prey?
You are too tired to think about such things.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You thrash in your bed and then point an accusatory finger at Naomi! You have to wake up!

Naomi, rather surprised says "Enkidel? Whats wrong? Come back to bed?"

Your place your hands on the sides of your head, this isn't real! Snarls and Watches-the-Stupid-Fuzzies in the corner wake up and look rather surprised. Naomi places a hand on your shoulder but you brush it away, she isn't real, none of this is real! The candle in the corner is blown out and your darkened bedroom is now pitch black. You terribly disoriented and do not know where you are.

You hear several voices.

<He is waking up!>

<What!?>

<Put him back under! Put him back under!>

<I am trying!>

<Try harder!>

<It isn't working!>

<What do we do?>

<We get out of here!>

<No! We have our orders!>

<And they included him NOT waking up!>

<Close it up as quickly as you can, he is going to be out of it any moment!>

<Oh [a vulgar sound], can he hear us?>

<[a vulgar sound]! [a vulgar sound]! [a vulgar sound]!>

<[a vulgar sound]! [a different vulgar sound]! [yet a another vulgar sound]!>

<We DON'T need this!>

<Your telling me?>

<What do we do when hes up!?>

<Talk to him!>

<What, me? That is not MY job! You do it!>

<Its not mine! He can do it!>

<Hey hey hey, I did my part and it isn't MY fault he is waking up!>

<[a vulgar sound]! {alarm? Surprise?} I think he can hear us!>

<What!?!>

<QUIET!>

You hear the sounds of hurried movement and then you hear nothing. Nothing at all. Not even your own breath or heartbeat.

You cannot hear anything. You cannot see anything. You cannot smell or taste anything. You cannot feel your own limbs. You cannot feel anything. Correction. You can feel Mount Har and you six Presences very close.

<{almost in a whisper} okay, do it>

You can see.

You cannot feel anything below your neck. You seem to be about four feet off the ground, laying on your stomach. You can smell blood. You cannot feel your arms, legs or chest at all and this fact is probably highly distressing! All of your senses seem to be working again, except you cannot feel anything below your neck. You can turn your neck a bit and it looks like you are laying face down on a table made of a white stone with a texture like tree bark. A gir-... boy... youth somewhere between ten and fourteen is standing in front of you. They could be a youth from anywhere in Ur. The youth wears a common, somewhat cheap brown garment and has medium length brown hair and brown eyes. The youth says to you "Enkidel, please try to remain calm. If you move you may hurt yourself."

1. You.... (Minivote)
A. Remain calm. Wait and see what he says.

B. YOU SONS OF BITCHES!?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?! Struggle to move!

C. WHEN I GET OFF OF THIS TABLE I AM GOING TO RIP YOUR HEAD OFF YOUR NECK AND poo poo DOWN YOUR THROAT! Struggle to move!

D. Yell and scream incoherently and struggle to move!

You do not struggle and try to get up.

The youth tells you that "Enkidel. When we are done, you are going to feel much better. Please, just go back to sleep and stop struggling. It'll all be alright. I promise."

2. You.... (Minivote)
E. Well, when you put it that way mysterious stranger, sure! Go back to sleep.

F. What!? No! Struggle to get up!

G. Struggle to get up and yell! You are REALLY pissed off!

H. Have a conversation with the youth in front of you. Question it.

The youth tells you that "Enkidel. When we are done, you are going to feel much better. Please, just go back to sleep and stop struggling. It'll all be alright. I promise."

You are pretty pissed off but you take as deep a breath as you can manage and say "Talk. Like about what you are doing to me. What are you doing to me?"

The youth gives a small sigh of relief and says "Calm just.... please try to stay calm, alright? I am sure you have a lot of questions."

Yes. Yes I do! Like why can't I move and why are you doing this to me and WHAT are you doing to me?

The youth tells you "Those... those are good questions! I am sure I would want some answers too if I were in your position! But I'm uh..." the figure looks past you, his face may best be described as a mix of desperation and fear "I sweep the floors. I tidy up. Sometimes I run messages or paint the metaphorical fence. I go where I am sent and do what I am told to do. I don't have any big answers to give you. I can't even tell you what I am doing or why. Sorry What can I tell you? Uh... uh..."

He looks past you again, as if waiting for confirmation or some kind of response of someone else standing beside you, or behind you?

"...that if you go back to sleep, you will wake up fine and your back won't hurt you anymore. And you won't be sick anymore, I can help with that too while I am here."

What!? What kind of answer is that?! You can't feel most of your body and seem to be strapped to a table made out Mount-Har stone and who the El are you and what the El is going on?

The youth, looking rather embarrassed says "Those are uh... pretty good questions! Yeah! Totally! But I can't say. Sorry. I can pack up and head out, exactly how you were before you went to sleep. But you won't be allowed back into Ur." After a pause he says, distressed "What? Oh! Crap! No, not me! I mean, that isn't my job. You are outside of Ur. If I can't finish what I was sent here to do, you won't be allowed back in. I don't know the full details. Snarls can keep coming, but the others won't be able to find you, nor will you be able to make it back. Sorry. Uh... uh..."

Exasperated might be a good word to describe the youth, embarrassed? Perhaps, desperate?

"You can come to our place if you like? I think thats okay? Probably. I am pretty sure. But uh... you can't go back to Ur either if you do. Sorry. Did I say I was sorry? Sorry. Um. Sorry."

He does look sorry? And rather embarrassed. The youth says "Um. You can tell me Jael if you like? Sorry. Did I say I was sorry? Sorry."

3. You...
I. Agree to let him/her/it finish what they are doing. Go back to sleep.

J. Refuse! Stop whatever you are doing to me, right now!

K. Don't let them finish what they are doing to you, instead, go to their "place", never see Ur again.

L. YOU SONS OF BITCHES! HOW DARE YOU!?! Struggle to get up!

M. WRAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!! You are PISSED! YOU ARE ENKIDEL, SLAYER OF DREAD AND TERRIBLE FOES! YOU ARE GOING TO GET UP OFF THIS TABLE AND KICK THIS BASTARDS rear end!

N. I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND poo poo DOWN YOUR THROAT! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO DO THIS TO ME?!?!

O. No! No! I don't THINK you get it, you son of a bitch! Even the Bnaimokt run in terror when I come to down and you think you can gently caress with ME?!? I am going to get off this table and make you rue, RUE the day you were born!

P. Call out to El to protect you from these crazy demons! Demons! You have been captured by demons!

Q. Call out to Azzazel for help!

R. Look at the figure in front of you and with every ounce of venom and hatred you can muster yell Vayahi Or!

S. Cough, tell him your ears are not working right, you can barely hear him. Act afraid, scared and confused! Try to get him to come closer to you so you can hear him... then when he does BITE THAT MOTHERFUCKER AS HARD AS YOU CAN!!!!

T. Something else. Fill in.

You can freely question the figure in front of you.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 18, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

1. A

Looks like I was right.
Sometimes interesting options are intentionally left out.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

2. You.... (Minivote)
E. Well, when you put it that way mysterious stranger, sure! Go back to sleep.

F. What!? No! Struggle to get up!

G. Struggle to get up and yell! You are REALLY pissed off!

H. Have a conversation with the youth in front of you. Question it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Vavrek posted:

This is the right idea.

A + "What are you doing to me?"

Also, Diog! What do we know of surgery? We owned a doctor, but I'm not sure how much actual intensive surgery blooded men require, or if he just set bones and sewed people up.
It is mostly people being sewn up.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Minivote remains open for 20 minutes. If one side is not clearly in the lead then, we may leave it open a little longer but we will update again tonight.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

You are pretty pissed off but you take as deep a breath as you can manage and say "Talk. Like about what you are doing to me. What are you doing to me?"

The youth gives a small sigh of relief and says "Calm just.... please try to stay calm, alright? I am sure you have a lot of questions."

Yes. Yes I do! Like why can't I move and why are you doing this to me and WHAT are you doing to me?

The youth tells you "Those... those are good questions! I am sure I would want some answers too if I were in your position! But I'm uh..." the figure looks past you, his face may best be described as a mix of desperation and fear "I sweep the floors. I tidy up. Sometimes I run messages or paint the metaphorical fence. I go where I am sent and do what I am told to do. I don't have any big answers to give you. I can't even tell you what I am doing or why. Sorry What can I tell you? Uh... uh..."

He looks past you again, as if waiting for confirmation or some kind of response of someone else standing beside you, or behind you?

"...that if you go back to sleep, you will wake up fine and your back won't hurt you anymore. And you won't be sick anymore, I can help with that too while I am here."

What!? What kind of answer is that?! You can't feel most of your body and seem to be strapped to a table made out Mount-Har stone and who the El are you and what the El is going on?

The youth, looking rather embarrassed says "Those are uh... pretty good questions! Yeah! Totally! But I can't say. Sorry. I can pack up and head out, exactly how you were before you went to sleep. But you won't be allowed back into Ur." After a pause he says, distressed "What? Oh! Crap! No, not me! I mean, that isn't my job. You are outside of Ur. If I can't finish what I was sent here to do, you won't be allowed back in. I don't know the full details. Snarls can keep coming, but the others won't be able to find you, nor will you be able to make it back. Sorry. Uh... uh..."

Exasperated might be a good word to describe the youth, embarrassed? Perhaps, desperate?

"You can come to our place if you like? I think thats okay? Probably. I am pretty sure. But uh... you can't go back to Ur either if you do. Sorry. Did I say I was sorry? Sorry. Um. Sorry."

He does look sorry? And rather embarrassed. The youth says "Um. You can tell me Jael if you like? Sorry. Did I say I was sorry? Sorry."

3. You...
I. Agree to let him/her/it finish what they are doing. Go back to sleep.

J. Refuse! Stop whatever you are doing to me, right now!

K. Don't let them finish what they are doing to you, instead, go to their "place", never see Ur again.

L. YOU SONS OF BITCHES! HOW DARE YOU!?! Struggle to get up!

M. WRAAAAAAGHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!! You are PISSED! YOU ARE ENKIDEL, SLAYER OF DREAD AND TERRIBLE FOES! YOU ARE GOING TO GET UP OFF THIS TABLE AND KICK THIS BASTARDS rear end!

N. I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND poo poo DOWN YOUR THROAT! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO DO THIS TO ME?!?!

O. No! No! I don't THINK you get it, you son of a bitch! Even the Bnaimokt run in terror when I come to down and you think you can gently caress with ME?!? I am going to get off this table and make you rue, RUE the day you were born!

P. Call out to El to protect you from these crazy demons! Demons! You have been captured by demons!

Q. Call out to Azzazel for help!

R. Look at the figure in front of you and with every ounce of venom and hatred you can muster yell Vayahi Or!

S. Cough, tell him your ears are not working right, you can barely hear him. Act afraid, scared and confused! Try to get him to come closer to you so you can hear him... then when he does BITE THAT MOTHERFUCKER AS HARD AS YOU CAN!!!!

T. Something else. Fill in.

You can freely question the figure in front of you.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 18, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Ouroborus posted:

Edit: Missed the last vote.
T. Tell the youth "If you can't answer any questions, then get me someone who can, I am sick of the crap."
You ask him if he can get someone who can answer questions.

He says "No one is coming, now. Maybe later? Um. I don't know how they plan to keep you out. I don't know if someone is coming to do it personally or not?"

Arcturas posted:

Ask him who's giving him orders.
"The orders giver. Sorry."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ask these jerks: If I leave Ur, can I still watch over my friends and family?
The youth says "There is very, very little I can talk about at all. I am probably messing up already. Sorry? Sorry." He looks past your shoulder towards someone or something behind you that you cannot see, then adds. "Sorry."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Can you bring us any closer to home after you finish removing our wings?
"I can't say what I am doing. Sorry. Or help you get home quicker. But you will a lot better after I am done, I promise! You will probably be able to get home without any trouble, once you feel okay again."

He looks past your shoulder again, then back to you and says "Uh... and that isn't like, cosmic wisdom or anything? I am just, pretty sure. I don't know, for sure. I mean you do okay out here, don't you?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Sogol posted:

T- as per last H, plus your a loving janitor and you are cutting me up? What kind of shitstain operation are you running?!? Get your loving boss here right now. If I don't go back to Ur I will dedicate my existence to making the life of you and yours a living hell. If I go back to Ur without some pretty loving good answers I am going to raise such hell as you have never imagined. You have royally hosed up and it is not going to get better for you. Your boss has royally hosed up. Get whoever calls the shots for you here. Now.

Diog: Do we still have six fingat?

You can't feel your fingers or anything beneath your neck and you can't turn your neck enough to see.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Wentley posted:

Statement: "We clearly heard other voices, and they made you talk to us. So, the jig is up. Have them answer the questions if you can't."
The youth says "They can't say any more than I can. We uh... drew lots? Well no, but kind of? I lost, so I have to explain this to you."

Arkanomen posted:

Ask the youth if he knew Ashael
The youth says "If that name meant anything, I would pretend I don't know. Sorry."

Arkanomen posted:

also ask if can tell us what is wrong with us in the simplest way possible.
He says "I can't say. Sorry."

SerSpook posted:

I

Asking "Can I touch my Balls when they come? "
The youth says "Uh, if you want, sure?" The youth looks confused at the question.

Nettle Soup posted:

Question: Can we reach out and sense the other presences? Is there anyone here we recognise?
There are five strange feeling Presences behind you. Two are very close, possibly close enough to be touching you? You don't know. The other three are close, within ten feet?

Ouroborus posted:

Ask the youth "Can you at least tell me why I feel sick?"
The youth says "No, not really."

hollylolly posted:

Ask if he knows anything about 1000ft tentacle demon monsters?
The youth says "Uh... uh... I usually just kind of tidy up and run errands, so no?"

Theglavwen posted:

So they've taken us outside of Ur to do the surgery. What does that mean? Outside of Ur completely, as in we're on some Melachim demi-plane? Or that we were already outside of 'Ur', the land of men. I take it more the former, since they say our Balls won't be able to find us.
You recognize the land around you. This is where you went to sleep last night. Well, nearby? Your campsite is close, even if you can't see it from this position.

This far south of the river is generally said to be "outside" of Ur. The southern border of Ur is the river and the little bits of land men travel beyond it.

Ego Trip posted:

J

"What happened to free will?"
He says "That is why we are talking? Sorry. I know. This is not an uh... ideal situation?"

RandomPauI posted:

You can understand why I'd be more than a little bit angry at how little you're telling me about the current situation right?

The youth says "Totally. I understand. Sorry? I am, I mean it."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Everseen posted:

Questions!

Did I really grow back from my feet? Because I remember mostly dying.
The youth puts his hands on his face and says in a tone of desperation "Please, please, please don't get me in trouble... into more trouble... I can't fill you in! On like, anything! I am afraid I already went too far in telling you what your choices are! Go easy on me!"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

QUESTION FOR THIS J-Dog: No dang it! Can I safely touch people? I mean, Tudiya or someone was saying anyone from Tanaach could not be touched for a week. They can't even drink any water from the river for a while. Is whatever is wrong in Tanaach still on me? I am not poisonous or anything, right?
He says "I can't say. Sorry."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I don't expect you to answer this but...it sucks being a pawn doesn't it?
He says "I like my job! Uh... well not this part, but this isn't my job! Please! I don't want to lose it... it would help me out a lot if you just go back to sleep?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Tell me something, anything, give me a single reason as to why I should listen to you."
He says "Uh... uh... I will probably be demoted if I don't finish? Uh.. um... but you, yeah uh... yeah. That my job is for the best and it will be good for you if you let me finish but I can't say why or give any details? Maybe? Please?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

hollylolly posted:

Do you like goats?
The youth says "Sure?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

Once again asking if we can go build a non-lovely civilization outside of Ur
You can't say something inflammatory without the support of other parts of Enkidel.

The youth did say they could leave you like they found you, but you can't re-enter Ur.

FoxTerrier posted:

If you all are going to circumvent my free will, slice me open, and bungle the job, surely you can at least leave me with enough food, water, and supplies to make the rest of my journey in comfort?
You ask if they can give you food and water.

The youth says "Uh... uh... actually, maybe? Give me a moment. Be right back."

The youth walks around your shoulder and you have the impression of a quiet conversation of hushed and frantic whispers, yet there is no sound. The youth walks back in front of you and says "Sure, if you want. I mean, not enough to last you the whole way, but if you want some food and water, the normal kind, that is fine. And some clothes if you like? I think?" The youth looks behind you again, as if looking to someone else, then back to you and says "Yes, normal clothes. Um, not that I am trying to bribe you or anything. I can give you that even if you don't let me finish?" He looks over your shoulder again and says "yes, even if you tell me to go away and leave you like you were before I came."

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Do we have the power to protect if from 1000 foot tentacle monsters?
The youth puts his hands on his face and sighs.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Zybourne Clock posted:

Questions/statements:
Why did Tanaach get destroyed? Why did none of the Melachim intervene, and how can I prevent this from happening to Zepath or Kavodel?
He says "I can't say anything! I am sorry!"

Zybourne Clock posted:

Who CAN answer me?
The youth says "Not me. Sorry."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SerSpook posted:

okay

asking if we can build a city or something outside of Ur if we leave

non-inflammatory

The youth says "I don't know man! I mean if you cut up stones and build a city out of them I mean I am sure you are able? Are you allowed? I don't know. Sorry. I mean I don't. That isn't my job."

Basscop posted:

Ask him: "How did you find me?"
The youth says "I can't say."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

"Would it be possible to say no for the moment, talk to our mentor Ishamal, and then give you the go ahead later? This is something I could really use his advice on."
The youth says "If you don't let me finish, you will not enter Ur again."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Task Manager posted:

[B]Ask if we should call "The Creator" El, or The Creator, or Jael. Actually, are you the Creator, Jael? Hello Creator!

Ask if he knows we now know we are a secret Melachim.

Ask him if he thinks we should have smashed the altar in Tanaach like the Watcher asked us to before he disappeared.

Ask him if Rimush's soul made it to Mt. Har or got eaten like all the other souls that didn't make it to Mt. Har.

Ask him if he knows why a giant bejeweled serpent saved us and not the Creator.
The youth actually puts his hand on his face and cries and then says "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Alright!? I can't tell you anything! Please! Just let me finish! You will feel much better, I promise!"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tran posted:

Ask if they'll let you stay awake for the procedure
The youth says "No, you have to go back to sleep for it."

Jewcoon posted:

[b]Why can't the jerks behind me talk?
The youth says "We draw lots, well no. But kind of. I lost."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

QUESTION: Can you guys establish some sort of sign or procedure or something so the next time you guys decide to ... provide guidance, I know it is you and not a demon? This surgery would probably have gone a lot smoother if I didn't think demons were trying to eat me in my sleep.
The youth says "No, sorry?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Ask him if he can ask Azzazel to come by and chat for a minute while we decide.
The youth says "I can't send for anyone else."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tsyni posted:

Ask them if we get to keep our shiny stone. (apologies if this has been covered)
Jael says "I was not sent here to take it from you."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I think I am closing down the shop early and going to sleep. I will get to some of the questions tomorrow when I have time.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Tomn posted:

Can we quit with the drat rape analogies? We're gonna be seeing the back of Will Ferrell's head again at any minute if this keeps up.
I have little if any time to respond to the game at all before tonight. Busy day.

Some people seem upset by it, so, please, no more rape analogies. Please shift to Tijuana-Kidnap-Kidney-Theft analogies if you think that appropriate instead. Thank you.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 18, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I would rather not whitewash a hosed up situation and ignore (also pass up a chance to laugh at) goons posting defences of rape
This is what I fear could happen. A poster who was a victim of sexual violence, or is the friend or loved one of someone who was may become upset about the direction of discussion that some people have gone and I can see why they would. They may even alert a mod I fear that a mod may then lock the lock this thread. Which would end the game. I really, really, really do not want that to happen.

TO ANY MOD READING THIS - Our game is about the adventures of Enkidel, an adventurer in Not-Mesopotamia. There are no sexual elements to our game besides people having adult time off screen on occasion and there sure as hell is no rape except when people like Lanky Coconut Tree try to insert it in an intentional effort to stir up controversy. Please don't end our game over him, thanks!

This is what will happen. If you continue to talk about rape in our game, I will stop counting your posts and you will not be part of the game any further. I am tired of you intentionally trying to stir the pot. You can go "lolz" if you like but the rules of our subforum generally let players be evicted from threads by the person running the game and I am tired of your attempts to piss off other players.

Some days I can be in the thread all day, some days I can't. I will be back in a few hours.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 18, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

:siren: Votecount completed. :siren:

To make sense of this vote, I had to merge several write-ins.
Several people voted for several things at once. Some of these votes made no sense.
I counted them anyway.
Speeches where, when nothing else seemed appropriate, counted for Passively Resisting.

The categories are as follow:

1: Go to Sleep
2: Ask for help from either Azzazel or Ishamal
3: Resist Violently
4: Resist passively.
5: Get the Manager
6: Eat the Table
7: Leave and never come back.

The breakdown is thus:
1: 41 votes
2: 18 votes
3: 13 votes
4: 36 votes
5: 18 votes
6: 9 votes
7: 1 vote

Please be aware that several people voted for several things at once. There where a total of 111 voters if my count is correct. That means I, alone, has 36% of the vote.
Resisting in any way has 31 votes, or 27% of the vote.
Getting the manager has 18 votes, and thus 16% of the vote but is often counted together with resisting in any way so should NOT be added to the resist tally because it has already been accounted for.

Thus sayeth the vote-counter.
36% is a slim margin and arguably "resist" v "not resist" is.... indecisive.

Voting is reopened but ONLY for the top 2 choices.

1: Go to Sleep.
4: Resist passively.

You can change your vote if you like. Current votes stand as they are.

Which you previously picked should be obvious. Please state what you changed from and to if you change your vote. You can change from any prior option, to those two.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 19, 2015

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Viking_Helmet posted:

Yea, what does resist passively even mean? (I didn't vote, so nothing to delete)
It means that you either ignore them or tell them you won't make a choice, or tell them to leave you alone . In which case they will probably leave you how they found you? That is what they said they would do anyway.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am sorry for my absence today throughout most of this... exciting debate. Some days I just do not have a lot of time to devote to the game, this was one of them.

I do not generally comment on theories. Sometimes when they have a lot of support I do. One current theory seems to have a substantial amount of support. So I will give some speculative comments. That does not mean that the theory is right, it just means I am commenting on it because a lot of people seem to think it is true.

A very popular theory is that you have wings. And that they are cutting them off. And now my comment.

If you see your men in a few days, well in a week or two, closer to two and they see you with wings what the heck are they going to think? More than that, what are the people in your home cities is going to think?

That concludes my comment. Voting remains open for 1 hour and 9 minutes. Then it will be closed and I will start on the update.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Or it turns out that the whole world is Ur and we're either killed or forced onto another plain of existance.
"Ur" is generally said to be the land occupied by the descendants of Labaras. West is the sea. North are mountains. Southeast are mountains. East are the Kadmonim grasslands. The south boundary is roughly, the river, and where men go past it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am looking over the questions for questions that do not:
A. Require a minivote to ask
B. Which get you an answer BESIDES more rather embarrassed apologies from Jael
C. Was not already answered.

They are as follows:

Sogol posted:

Diog: (sorry) Can we feel our left foot?[/B]
You can feel nothing beneath your neck.

BoneMonkey posted:

Can we have Dad chat instead of... this?

Tudiya is pretty great, He's looked after our black arse and all round been a pretty chill guy. He even hits us with clubs when we ask him to.

Here he is reading the thread on his Itab...

Not a question, just a comment! That is awesome!

A RICH WHITE MAN posted:

Ask if he knows what the word "coercion" means.
Jael says "Uh, the use of force to gain compliance? Why? Oh... oh." His expression looks even more embarrassed. "You don't HAVE to say yes! I mean, we'll leave you like we found you? But you were in pretty bad shape."

Tomn posted:

Can you give me a few days to decide, or is there a deadline on this?
Jael says "Uh... uh... no? No. I can finish now or leave you here, that is it. Sorry."

Tomn posted:

Did your superiors really not leave you any instructions as to what to do if I woke up?
The rather nervous looking and embarrassed youth says "To ask you if it was okay and if you said no or refused to answer, leave you as you were before I got here. Sorry. Um. Yeah, sorry, that is it."

....and, thats it! Pages and pages of question. Most of them things Jael won't answer. Though he/she/it does apologize a whole lot for he/she/its inability to answer and your current circumstances!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Does leaving us where they found us mean we can never go back to Ur?
This is pretty important...
To answer your question:

Diogines posted:

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

Ask: So, if I don't accept this surgery, I can go home exactly the same as before you decided to start maiming me, albeit in a lot of pain? Or can I not go home?
Jael says "You won't be allowed back into Ur. I uh... don't know how that will be done, only that it will. You are probably going to be in a lot of pain though, well, you will? You were kind of in a bad state before we started."

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

Question: Why didn't you just ask me beforehand?

Jael says "I can't say, um, sorry?"

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Theglavwen posted:

There's perhaps a bit more clarification still in what Diog just posted.

Wherever we are right now is what they mean by 'outside of Ur', and I'm pretty sure we established that we're still basically wherever we were when we went to sleep. Though I suppose we could [im]aybe[/i] be slightly out of phase or something, and that's what they mean.

Edit: And I'm still very curious as to what his 'oh crap not me!' outburst meant. Personally I think he'll be assigned to us as a guard or something, or at least tasked with watching over us, which is why he then went and offered that we could come back home with him.

You recognize the scenery.

You are very close to your camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

JT Jag posted:

"Jael. I'm not going to ask what you will do because you can't answer. That has become obvious. But I need you to promise me that you won't do some things if I go back to sleep. I need you to swear to me that you won't deliberately kill me or alter my memories, and that you do not mean either of these things when you say that I will feel more comfortable afterwards."

Jael, looking rather horrified says "What? No! Of course not!"