Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
A, C, J

Swimming is fun, and we want to be able to see monsters coming. We'll only be here for one day anyway - no point wasting time walking back and forth too much. When we reach the river, we can try to find a permanent, safe campsite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I think that "Thank you" are the word's he's looking for. Though if we could be eloquent and fit a "sorry" into there, that would be good as well.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

poo poo be getting real, Diog.

Can we ask how Labaras died?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Shine posted:

Please work out, hail Satan.

Voting for this.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

C & A

We will leave with her. But they best not be clingy. We may end up going to some other city to hang out for a while, or still try to get all our foreskins and come back.

Edit: Changing my vote to SerSpook's speach, with the caveat that we snatch our hand back before we start talking.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 20, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

maxhush posted:

A, bring Jalitha and Danal

Danal can't come, he's too young and not a mighty man.
Besides, he's a little poo poo anyway and I cant wait for the thread to leave him in the dust.

Naomi (and/or Jalitha) is worth trying to grab, but only so we don't have a reason to return.

Edit:

Althair posted:

B

We aren't a pinball going from Asherah to El to the Grigori. We were rescued from the mouth of the demon by the king and his Mighty Men, servants of El. Our giggling tester warned us there would be deceivers in our lives, but he was fond of Ishamal and sent warm words to him through us. Ishamal and Tudiya care about us, El's priest is reasonable and tolerant, our mother is cared for and our little brother looks up to us. El accepts our sacrifices, which we have made whole heartedly. We have friends and mentors, Aaron will still teach us many things. We have just begun our own business ventures in the city. Mysteries will reveal themselves to us without abandoning everyone and everything in our life, mysteries cloud around us like gnats. We are busy becoming a hero and have no time for heretics who wheedle and cajole and threaten.

This is a really good point, and I hope a lot of people realize it and agree with him. But I'm not changing my vote.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 20, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I'm going to vote A, but I think trying to hold our breath until we pass out would probably give us an entertaining interlude. Maybe W can be a part of passing out.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

I don't think it counts as "destiny" per se if a crazed zealot has been plotting for your entire life to kidnap you at some point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s110o3XzYU&t=0m28s

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 21, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

I kind of missed this though, is "Grigori" just another name for the "Melachim"?

There are Melachim, Ophanim, and Grigori.

An Ophan is a lesser 'angel'.
A Melach is a greater 'angel'.
I forget if Grigori is a catchall term for all angels, or a specific subset of 'angels'.

El is the God who orders the Angels to do things. Presumably certain angels have or had specific duty, like Azzazel may have been in charge of hooved mammals, and came to particularly like goats and seems to have given up on his other duties.

From the name of the thread, I assume that demons are fallen angels.

Edit: Diog clarified things below.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 21, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Personally, I don't go in for the "belief gives power" thing. It's been very popular in modern Western media, but I generally think it's lazy and stupid.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Remember when we promised the statue that we wouldn't eat any people? Everybody seemed pretty enthusiastic about that promise at the time.

Then one lady puts her hand somewhere near our mouth, and we're all HUNGER CONSUMES BABIES. Whatta bunch of flip floppers.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

J is the best option. Or the least stupid. We may be Mighty Men, but this is seriously a dumb fight to get involved in. Not sure who we should shoot, I'm leaning toward either:

a) Nobody, unless they try to attack us.
c) Everyone, who gives a poo poo. Put an arrow in Bareen's back, and one into Tudiya's chest. Survivor is clearly the more favored.

The other option I like is C, escaping into the courtyard. Though I'd prefer to stay in the Temple and watch the fight. Besides, we want to be around when Bareen wins and teleports us all to a better, less lovely city.

Tsyni posted:

K - Fall to our knees, draw our knife, cut deeply into our hand, and beckon Asherah will all of our mental energy.

All this blood is already figuratively on our hands, may as be literally too.

This is a more fun option than the other ones.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Sticking with plan J, we climb on top of the Altar and shoot anyone who tries to lay a hand on us.

(No change to my earlier vote)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Angry. Because we still can't get any loving answers (A Terrible Person made a great point about our father).

Confused. How much of what Bareen just told us is true? She made a lot of good points and answered a lot of questions. But she's also a heretic.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

mad as hell and not going to take it anymore because seriously gently caress everyone in our life feeding us cryptic bullshit (except Azz. He's a bro)

YES

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Stick with the plan, go to Danal. E

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Also, regarding the souls.

AFTER THIS IS FINISHED, we need to figure out if Mighty Men can normally see souls like that.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Enkidel's personality so far would make D his most likely action, though E seems more practical and better.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

D seems like the most badass, action-movie answer. Let's do that.

Edit:
Say a one-liner as we do it

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 24, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

O seems like the easiest shot to take. Once that guy is safe, start shooting into the native Adventurers.

R Get yourself a little higher, but don't spend too much time climbing, we've got dudes to shoot.

Q Think of some sick one-liners to use.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Task Manager posted:

"For Zepath! For the King! All who fight for the city will be forgiven!"

This is a terrible one-liner, and we would be ashamed to use it. Think of something more badass.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

If we're doing dot-counting, the totals for Small Purple Dots and Lesser Red & Dark Blue dots are equal. There are 17 lesser Heroes fighting for Bareen, and 15 lesser Heroes fighting for El. Team El has the disadvantage of being a little bit split up. But that could turn into an advantage if we become like a hammer & anvil. I'd say it's an overall balance, though the NW corner is definitely a fight that could turn ugly for El-worshipers.

Common men only matter in that they can get in the way.

In addition, Bareen has herself and Jesbaam, who count for extra. However, Team El has Tudiya, Rimush, and ourself, who all count for extra. Do these balance out? Time will tell.

Ishmael & Barkoff are wildcards. Either or both could show up through the hole or break down the gate or make another hole in the wall.

Edit: accidentally counted Paebel as a Hero. Also, I don't think numbers necessarily matter much in this fight.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 24, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

:eng101: We know the Kadmonim are herders, and that they worship Ishat, the Sun.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I'm thinking that the four options for starting location were not concurrent. If we'd chosen Baitel or Kadmonim we would be playing a game several centuries, or even millenia, earlier than the current game. And those two seem to have been phrased to be separated by a couple decades.

Carine could have been concurrent with this game, but would be happening on the other side of the grasslands, close to the East coast instead of the West.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is that the Kadmonim used to worship Ishtar, the Sun, but their religion may have become modified over generations to include parts of the El-cult mythology, even if just as a 'heresy' that originates from Baitel. And also the opposite, that the centralized religion of Baitel may have taken the name of their ally's chief god and made it into an Angel, whereas the savages' chief god has become a demon.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 24, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Sogol posted:

IRS. The Taxman Cometh.

I am out for a few hours now.

Agree with IRS

Also out at the moment.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Jesbaam is severely outnumbered by both Adventurers and Mighty Men, and will soon either be killed or otherwise subdued without our help. We have more interesting things to do. In particular, Crudus makes an excellent point about needing to see the Bareen showdown if we want to really learn anything from it.

Voting I, we try to get a good vantage point, but preferably don't interfere, or only shoot to wound if things go against our allies.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Don't edit your post, Diog, the original was much funnier.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

F No time to talk

Also, apparently the rest of the voters in this thread hate actually learning things, and would rather just dick around playing at rescuing people. We had a sweet action scene going on, with a high possibility for Answers, then some sort of lame-crew came online all at once and wanted to stop the fighting and save lives. Boring. I'm voting Not-S just to spite that crew.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 26, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Zybourne Clock posted:

Diogines: does our foreskin collection have any monetary value to speak of? If so, what is its approximate worth?

It is worth a gigantic pile of money. To us. Because it gets us married to the King's daughter.
To everyone else, it is probably worth Not Very Much.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I. I am confused but want to figure it out and think it is important.

Enkidel has seen a lot of stuff and talked to a lot of beings that clearly neither Tudiya nor Bareen has. He wants to believe in the Orthodox faith, but it's honestly all pretty confusing to him.

Edit: vvv Clearly, the truth is that I Believe In Asherah, and doing so is the Right Thing. But it seems pretty unlikely that Enk hasn't been largely brainwashed by the El-cult vvv

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 26, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

LLSix posted:

I don't believe anything Bareen or Tudiya said is true, except by accident.
I was leaning towards agnostiscm or a protest vote for team Asherah since our trial, but dad/Tudiya showing up to save us has swung me back towards faith in team El. and Bareen fought in an exceptionally selfish fashion, especially when contrasted with Tudiya's behavior. I am convinced that they are wrong.

Plus that nondescript fellow disapproved of herthem and hertheir followers.

Italicised the important bit, just corrected the rest.

Also want to remind people that a vote for option I is a vote for being lame and boring.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 27, 2013

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

SerSpook posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that a vote for I is a vote for maybe getting answers on things like who our father was while everything is in chaos.

Oh come on, we can force Jalitha to answer questions any time we want.
We've just still got a lot of voters who haven't gotten fed up enough to hang her over a balcony.
There was a time when we weren't buff enough to dangle people over balconies, but that time has passed.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Imperialist Dog posted:

At least then the plot would advance. More Kelly's Heroes, less MASH please although Mighty Alan Alda would make some mean moonshine.

This, please.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

How long would it take us to go get our super-club? We aren't strong enough to use it in a fight, but could we use it to smash up this trapdoor?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Task Manager posted:

F+G Quick search of the sacks and jugs for anything of note - five mintues tops.

Fist bump Smatass on the way out (not worshipping, just a quick "Thanks for watching out if you did when I was a kid.")

Then head towards the battle to see who is winning/losing. Dont join in, just try to get an update.

This. If our buddy the statue isn't here, we may as well grab some stuff that's available & portable and then get back to the real action.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I can't believe the way so many people in this thread jump on the worst bandwagons. I feel like if I can't get a good post up within the first 8 responses, I have to hold in reserve to not-vote some stupid bandwagon.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

I. Go join the battle north of the city.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

There is a battle going on and we ran home to mommy.

This is why Tudiya won't acknowledge us as a Mighty Man, because we're a little bitch who runs home to Jalitha* anytime something interesting happens.

(*I refuse to call her mom)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Also remember that the Blood is very specifically the line of Labaras. Not anyone else.

Admitting that the Line of Enkidu exists and has its own Power could be crazy-damaging to the power structure of the Baitel civilization.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Dec 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Bareen implied that Enkidu is of the line of Labaras.

:catholic: Not according to the orthodox theology of the El-cult