Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Phew, finally caught up (w/ Diogenes' posts anyway). And all it cost me was a whole week of vacation spent reading and being nagged by my wife for doing nothing but reading "that forum."

Anywho, going to say:

1) Nothing, spend it all!
2) A E P U
Split all the rest into S taking care of the troops and T having one hell of a bender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Jumping on the king is a royal prick bandwagon.

That said I think C Lb V is the way to go. Going back to our old neighborhood should give us a good leg up. We can pass out a few tokens to take care of the families we like on the down low. And as an added bonus we should make sure to enact some petty revenge on anyone who wronged us in the past. Bullies, name-callers, that weird uncle who touched us funny when we were little, send 'em all to the slave pens and loot the heck out of their property. We're in a position of (somewhat insignificant) authority in the donut. We aught to be abusing the hell out of our power.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

We already have a Schindler! Enkidel can abolition his way to success over in Kavodel, Let's not make this guy into Enkidel-but-not-bullshit. Embrace the need to enslave your fellow Donut Man!

This. Embrace your inner donut douchebag.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
If it's not too late, I'd like to toss in a vote for Q W.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Nettle Soup posted:

N and then stab one of them when they go for him.

This. Donut douchebaggery for the win.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

E Fortune favors the bold.
2. "Same to you. May our climb be swift.
3. I'm thinking of my training and how best to pull this poo poo show off without loving dying horribly like an idiot.

+1 to this.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Voting B. Because nothing says maximum douchebag like stabbing a man in the back.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Voting E to throw spears. Here's hoping we get lucky.

Edit: We totally should've stabbed that big bastard in the back.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

alpaca diseases posted:

+1 to taunting the gently caress out of him

"Keters Nuts you must half Minotaur at least?

I'll be sure to sacrifice your Mother to El in thanks for my victory"

Also Moo whenever appropriate

I already voted for action on 1, not changing my stance. But, I wanna jump in and +n plan taunt the gently caress out of meathead and his dad the cowfucker.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
D and double down on the taunting.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Time to go out like a pro. Bite his ankle!

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Allright, guess we aught to git while the gittin's good.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Accept the fruits of our labours.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
B H K

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Outrail posted:

I'm just disappointed that we keep trying to play the same morally upright character. Can we not play donut-dude as a reprehensibly selfish poo poo-heel donutteer and take some malicious glee in watching the black hearted villain we created get eaten sea horrors?

I've been trying to vote for this all along. I'll be a good boy when we're driving Enkidel. For Damuzi I like the double-plus douchebag route.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Voting I. I mean really, the king probably knows the truth. By telling the Prince we're just fearmongering. Spreading this info any further would probably be detrimental to both us and the city.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Gas station roller dogs are the true holy Grail of hotdogs. Toppings are mostly irrelevant when it comes to dubious meat in tube form.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Dammit, too busy at work and I missed a chance to wrongvote. Oh well. Guess I'll have to hope AD works for this round.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
I'm pretty sure Ashera is a distinct entity from HER. I'm thinking that HER was a being like Enkidel, making the Orm something like Snarls. Like maybe, HER emptied HER well (or came close) and had to be removed by the Melachim. If I remember right one of the conversations Enkidel had with some knowledgeable person or other (may have been Ish) he was told not to give himself wings (and/or extra fingers, maybe). That, plus our experience in giantland leads me to believe that it's possible for half-Melachim to manipulate the physical forms of mortals. It wouldn't surprise me if Bniamokt don't turn out to be transmogrified humans.

Edit: because I think too much.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
I want to say that the Orm was just flat-out wrong regarding SPIRIT-SPIRIT not being replenish-able. I think that faith, worship, and human souls are tied up somehow in the acquisition of SPIRIT-SPIRIT. It would offer an explanation for why so may of the Demon's we've heard of or encountered (even if we don't remember that one) have followers of some sort. Helps explain why the Melachim don't want to be worshiped either. Urian's worshiping Melachim would reduce the number who are faithful to El. It would also kinda help explain the assaults against Ur. Killing Urians deplete's El's power base.

It may be that El is the same kind of being as the big demons like Asherah and 7Bird. He's just a bit more benevolent-ish (or at least less active) in his consumption of human souls. Remember, El rewarded Enkidel for sacrificing the giant soul-stones. Was this because El was able to consume them when they normally would have eventually gone elsewhere? Could the giants have been created by Amok as a means of subverting El's power source?

I see several 'tiers' of entity existing here.

1. El and the Demons - primal powers of the highest order
  2. Melachim - probably divided into several 'sub-tiers.'
  3. Nephilim like Enkidel - possibly able to surpass Melachim given enough worship.
  4. Blooded Men & Similar - even though Diog has sorta refuted it, I suspect Bloodedness is imbued (possibly unconsciously) by Nephilim.
  5. General Urians
  6. Non-Urian Humans

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
The idea that TPtB want to groom Enkidel as a weapon is interesting, but I'm not sure. El/the Melachim seem pretty big on free will, up until the point that a being starts messing around with the existing power structure. This appears (to me anyway) to be the big difference between the church of El and the other major powers.

It was Amok who clued us in to the whole Nephilim thing right? I don't remember Diog actually using the word ever though. Maybe there's some guilt complex on the part of the Melachim regarding their offspring. I mean Enkidel is totally an abomination, but he's also a being with free will. So, unless he becomes a threat he's free to do as he pleases. If Enkidel does cool poo poo in El's name, even better. Not mandatory though so long as he doesn't rock the boat too much.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Good point Task Manager. I kinda discounted the possibility of factions of Melachim. But when you point it out to me it's pretty obvious. With the exception of Azzazel all the Melachim we've encountered seem pretty subservient to El. But some of the various groups have definitely expressed somewhat variant agendas. And there were a few hints that they don't all see eye to eye. As you say, grooming Enkidel as a weapon against Ur's many enemies would be a potentially good way to eliminate at least one issue for El's followers.

Semi-unrelated theorycrafting: I wonder if El isn't just a super-powerful Nephilim. Someone floated the idea that El is Labaras at some point a while ago. It could be the case that the Melachim worshipers were right. The melachim made the world and all within it. Then they got bored and begat a bunch of Nephilim. The Nephilim promptly hosed everything up by acquiring unanticipated levels of power and declaring themselves gods. Everything went to hell until Labaras climbs mount Har, reinvents himself as El, and starts slapping other Nephilhim around. Would explain why Amok hadn't heard of El.

Could also be that El is an as yet unnamed Melachim who was 'promoted' in order to aid Labaras in uniting humanity.

Or all this could just be my insomnia talking.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Nope, actually I didn't. In my defense though, I marathoned Diog's posts over the course of two or three weeks. I probably missed even more.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
F MN

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
A-OK to follow orders and pull what little rank we can to avoid the enemy a bit longer.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
AK jumping on Plan Task Manager

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
L hold the line gate.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
D is for Damuzi, who holds his post and awaits his inevitable slaughter.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
More waiting to die.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Voting B tilt to GTFO.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Xinder posted:

Didn't someone theorize that the Melachim don't work for El exclusively. They work for everyone and that's why they show up (under different names) in the mythology of places like Athar. They're not here to advance one side or the other. They're probably more like referees than anything.

It may have come up in the theorycrafting I was engaging in when I first joined the thread. It kinda makes sense that the Melachim are their own thing. We've seen examples of Melachim who don't really agree with each other. Azazel for example seems to have pretty much checked out of whatever thing most of the other Melachim have going on.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Gotta join in the wrongvoting here and vote H. While Snarls is a good boy, Cats > Dogs.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
B then A, request more info.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

Yeah, like Brain Candy said, I think that for regular blooded folks it isn't that they personally get stronger with worship, it's that they *can* be empowered if a divine being thinks it needed.

This. Blooded men can be empowered by divine beings. Our balls naturally hold Enkidel in reverence. The "siphoning" we felt was just us unconsciously empowering them.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Plan Bacon, Lettuce, & Tomato. Now I'm hungry.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
Foxterrier D + E Let's try to do something vaguely decent by this guy who we weirdly remember so well.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
1) B - We should probably listen to Ish in this.
2) E - Time to find out if Jobe brand heresy is chill with the big guy or not.
3) HM - These two'll probably be more trouble than they're worth.
4) N
5) U
6) G - Maybe by swimming the lake we can bring our old buddy the Accotopus into this brawl.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

Leave it with Kobe

+nthing leave the fragile elixer w/ Jobe, egg drop box or no.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

There Bias Two posted:

Gobble gobble!

Praise Asherah on this, a day of feasts.

Indeed, for one day I'll join team hunger. Now if only I could con someone else into getting up at 3 in the morning to help me start cooking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
E +
EL HA MELEKH KOL HAOLAM

Turn the blender north and start working up the line. Encircle the city with a moat of gore.