Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Voting for B! After all, maybe we can find some demon hearts to eat and get ourselves some advantages over being a typical squishy meat bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Joining the G "Save Jalitha!"

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Voting C, suck it up and get it done kid.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



My vote is for Awesome Adventures in the Forest.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Voting:

OPTION U Tell Jalitha and Danal to run. Tell them to get away from the monsters but stay by camp if you have time.

OPTION Z Something else. Write in. Yell for SuperKing's help to get the warriors attention and hopefully some assistance from him or at least some warriors.

OPTION F Throw your spear at the first monster to get in range. You're goof at fishing, you may not hit him, but you're probably not going to do any good head to head with one of those things. It'd be best if you can at least look brave and heroic until someone can help. If no one comes right away though, we better run while releasing our bowels as a kind of slick trail, hopefully tripping the lizards if they follow us.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



I'm down with the BDH. Is Ishmael hurt at all? He was clinging to us like a little(big) girlyman(badass).

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Voting B J . If he carries you and gives you his cloak, it will still cover him a little bit too hopefully.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



B then A, we need to know all we can about what he did so we can figure if this is something we can learn to do later.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Don't you dare lie to that king. Voting for honesty

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Tremynci posted:


That said...

with SerSpook's addendum of leaving a trail back to here like the smart wildboy we are!

I'm down for this idea

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Jewcoon posted:

Adventure Time!

My thoughts exactly

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



B C G , You gotta brag about that sweet loot, and your partner deserves to know that you are becoming a hero as well!

Now I'm wishing that we took more stuff... Or at least drank from that cup.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



C + J, Dude deserves some credit for saving us a second time from that crazy man-eating whale. We got to make a stand and show the crowd we're not some uncultured cannibal though! We can win hearts with that flute, and maybe some clothes.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Voting H B

Tudiya will be honest and straight with us, he respects us enough I think to not lie to us about that.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1: A, hopefully we can start sparring soon.
C
H

2: B
3: B, I think living in this city for as long as we have, after our rough upbringing, we have possibly grown more fond of belief in El. Since our old gods were mostly praised to avoid punishment, El and the Melachim are welcoming to us. Plus, they haven't tried to eat us yet like Asherah.
4: G, I'm a big fan of people who hold the gate.
5: C, Why not both? We can't forget our past.
6: A, you're a 6 foot lanky frame of acne crusted hormones, you can't help yourself.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Deadmeat5150 posted:

Smattas only needs a few more votes. Comeon people, why no love for the badass that saved us?

You're right, Fine! Changing my #4 vote to B

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Tomn posted:

1B: "Didn't you hear your dad? His name is Spawn!"

2C: Keep up a running commentary and observation with Danal about how the battle is going, try and work out the flow and tide of it. Let's make this educational and learn about how a battle works as best as we can educate ourselves from a distance, and let's make sure Danal is learning too! Heroism is about war sometimes, it's not just about individual heroics, and maybe we can find out what Ishmael is up to!

In for this. Spawns gonna get his horns kicked in!

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1. A
2. A
3. C


Just because their champion has been humiliatingly beaten, doesn't mean it's safe. As great as it would be to get out there, we should try to get Danal to move to the wall with us, but not without grabbing a shield, just in case our eagle eyes spot a stray projectile heading out way. If the Minotaurs get pushed back though, I think it may be safe for us to take a look at finding a nice trophy from that large minotaur or another that is close to the wall.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Voting on not eating that heart. After they took you away from your cannibal tribe, do you really think they won't frown upon this? I mean, it's a a Minotaur, but it's one letter off from MANotaur and they will totally flip poo poo on you and think you'll eat anything dead in front of you.

I think we should approach the fight and get Danal to tell the people fighting that these horns belong to his father, if you take this trophy from him he will be VERY mad when he gets back. If this works and those kids scatter, we can talk to Tudiya about letting Danal and I share those horns... That is, is he's not furious at US for leaving his home...

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1. B - 'Who do I save?'
2. A - Go to Bareen, I think she'd be the least skeptical of our visions and from her responses we can consider going to talk to Ishamel or Tudiya about these visions later.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1: B; Well I'm glad something good came out of my severe beating, who healed me though?

2: B; I think Danal can learn more about this from us later when he is a little bit older, for now we need to figure this out alone.

3: Both? If not, then alone. I would want to ask them all a few casual questions like "Where's the beef?" and other questions not related to our dreams, but I'd like to ask Ishamal about our dream alone.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



We love that dog, maybe as much as our own mother, but we saw our own 'father' decapitated and that didn't even really get to us. I'm gonna say we'd be at a level 5 sadness with doggy loss.

As for that drink,
1. E Take a drink and give some to Snarls.

Azzaz wants info on Ishamal? Fine, 2. D, We'll tell him, but not where he is. I'm worried something bad may happen if we tell him where he's staying, or maybe even hiding. But not without something in return! Personally I think we need to do this trial as much alone as we can, I'd like Azzaz to give us A+B and that Goard he had beside him to use for later, depending on if he gives us a fancier one with the water deal. Really I wouldn't want to have something fancy that we couldn't make ourselves, so Tudiya doesn't think we went to a village for help. K The flint would be easy to add to the barter as well. Snarls should be able to help us hunt once we get into the woods, so the sooner we get there the better chance we'll have of surviving. So for my last request I'd like to see if Azzaz will do Q, teleport us to the edge of the forest that Snarls has told us is the closest area with water.
(3. A B K Q:Teleport)

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Old Questions for the new page:

Diogines posted:

1. In response to Azzazel's offer, you...
A. Politely decline. You want to do this on your own.
B. Politely decline. You do not trust him and think this is a trick.
C. Politely decline. Some mixture of A and B.
D. You accept. You have decided to trust him more.
E. You accept. You fear for your well being in light of the hardship ahead without his aid.
F. You accept. You fear for Snarls well being.
G. You accept. You fear for both Snarls and your well being.
H. You accept. You have decided that accepting his help is within the spirit of the rules of your trial. All the information you have as to your trial is the information contained within the thread.
I. You accept. You don't care if accepting his help is within the rules or spirit of the rules of your trial, but you don't think you will be caught.
J. Accept or decline, with a different motivation. Fill in.


2. After having spent more time with him, you decided to accept Azzazel's offer to help you. You ask him for...(Only if you picked to accept help in #1 above) (Pick as many as you wish)
K. Enough water for you for three days, so you can reach the small forest Snarl indicated has water in it.
L. Enough water for Snarls for three days.
M. Food for you for three days.
N. Food for snarls for three days.
O. All of the above.
P. Enough water for you for a month.
Q. Enough water for Snarls for a month.
R. Food for you for a month.
S. Food for Snarls for a month.
T. All of the above.
U. ...and a flint and iron to start fires.
V. ...and a weapon.
W. ...and something I can use as an awesome offering to El when this is done.
X. ...AND I want to go to Azzazel's place and party for a month!
Y. A clear, no nonsense answer to a specific question, fill in.
Z. Something else. Fill in.


3. Optional. If you voted to not take his help, do you have a plan to survive the next 2 or 3 days, or for Snarls to survive? If so, please share it.

1. A We need to do this as legit as possible, don't want to piss off the Tood Dude. However, 2. K + L I want a gourd or two with enough water to get us and snarls to the forest. It'll suck, but we can survive if we put our will to it, that's part of the test, anyways.

I also want to get some contact info from Azzaz and see if he wants us to deliver a message to Ishamel.

It's a little convenient that we found Azzaz right at the beginning of our trial, not too far from where Tudiya dropped us off. There's got to be a little suspicion that he's working with Tudiya on this. I think the water wouldn't be against the trial, we did 'save' him afterall, but any more material help from him may be way out of the guidelines.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Autopilot this trial until something serious comes up. I think with Snarls by our side we'll be OK. Just make sure we play it safe and get to the coast.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



my dad posted:

1. D
2. U - I WILL make that fire. LET THERE BE LIGHT!

This. gently caress this cold. WE WANT FIRE. If that doesn't work I just want to hold my doggy close and pass out.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



FoxTerrier posted:

1. B. Dinner time

2. C. Half a goat is still plenty, and hopefully scavengers like jackals will flee from our fire without much fuss.

3. S. BUT keep him close to us where we can keep him as safe as possible.

Voting this. I'm worried about this, but if we have to fight, we need to focus on killing one ASAP. Hopefully that will put fear in the others to run, then we'd have hopefully enough food for at least a day or two after the initial goat feast.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1. D
2. I & J "Good job, boy." <Rub belly>
3. L Give Snarls a bit while we wait, or if he wants his raw, that's fine too. We can wait a little bit.
4. O
5. W I'm sure he'd understand and respect our sacrifice. Also ask out loud if Azzazz wants this goat and wait a bit before we start cooking it. If he comes later and is shocked/mad, it's his fault since we called like he wanted and waited a bit to eat it first.
6. That tail and skull. See if the third eye is salvageable. I know we have no experience with skinning anything at all, but I'd like to think we can cut that skin for a large enough patch for at least a small pouch, nothing fancy, but something we could tie up with a thinner piece of leather to hold onto a few small objects we find on the way. If the goat has horns take those to try and scrape out an ok knife with a sharp rock.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Outrail posted:


1. Do you let Snarls go swimming? A. What? Yes, of course! And I go swim with him!

2. I set up my camp...C. On the beach.

3. J. I spend a day here to get some food and then head north, to try to find the river and go pearl hunting where the river meets the sea.

Voting for this as well.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1. A Stick to the plan! Get some pearls, eat some fish, hold that gate.
2. FGJM L(Obelisk 'N') We signed that obelisk, I want it to mean something. Not only to ourselves, but to El and Tudiya. I don't want it to seem like that was a mistake. We are a hungry mighty man!

Edit: Changed my L to detail I meant the Obelisk L

Save Target As fucked around with this message at Oct 16, 2013 around 18:30

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



4. B We didn't even get to say goodbye, but I would assume that she knows Tudiya wouldn't put us out here unless he didn't think we could do this ourselves.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1. D, but look for G while doing so. But take the barbs from that Jackyl and stick them in the handmade staff in two small rows by each other on the end of the staff we make, along with one or two pointing outward on the tip of the staff if we can somehow manage to hammer them at a decent angle. The two rows, if needed and be used to stab and, when pulled back, cut and rake whatever we use it on hopefully.
2. N On the ground, with little shelter if we can where we can easily run if needed.
3. Q I ain't scared.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Diog you have 2 C's (1.C and 2.C)

1. C
2. F Club with spikes
3. N El watch over us so the giant lizard doesn't eat us in our sleep kthx.
[b]4. P - 4, Q - 4, R - 1, T - 2, U - 2, V - 1, W - 1, X - 1,

Save Target As fucked around with this message at Oct 17, 2013 around 19:01

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Ugh, this giant tentacle monster worthy of being the fisherman's wife is just RUINING our day. Not only is it trying to kill us, but it ruined our meal plan AND our sweet beach side home!
Thanks, Ophama

I choose plan jng2058

Save Target As fucked around with this message at Oct 21, 2013 around 18:17

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Drop club, get dressed. Carry snarls, put jackal skull on our head / snarls' head.

G X


I'm down for voting this too.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1. Do you drink?

G. Drink some, and give the rest to Snarls. We're fuckin tired, I don't feel like playing mind games with him at this point.

2. No, heal Snarls please, but we will find our own way home. We're not in this for the easy win.

3. There was no obvious divine aid. Did your prayers matter?

K. J, but I am sure I was helped that way.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Zybourne Clock posted:

Azzazel is a fallen angel, aka the thing devils are made of

Snarls isn't psychically talking to us. We're tired, lost our weapon and camp, and just got attacked by an Elder God. Azzazel is trying to trick us into failing our test when we're at our most vulnerable. Mt. Har is where El and the Melachim live, and also where the souls of the dead reside. Call it paradise, if you will, and Azzazel got kicked out of it. We don't want to owe this guy a favor, ever, and that includes asking him for transportation or asking him to heal our dog. (Dio said Snarls will probably heal on his own anyway).


Goats are usually associated with devils, btw Azzazz was probably cast down. He is most likely here as temptation to break us. Snarls only has a Sprain, he will get better over a little time, if needed we can carry him for a little while.

Changing vote to:

A Terrible Person posted:

1C

2:
"Thanks for the offer, but I kinda want to sightsee a little bit on the way home, y'know? Could be handy if I ever needed to come out this way again. That said, friend, I'd appreciate it if you helped fix up poor Snarls here - don't reckon he'll have much fun playing tourist with a bum leg."

(I slipped an off-handed "friend" in there. Azzazel may be here to test us, but he seems alright.)

3J

Minivote: Get dressed.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



1. A - Look over the hill and see what the monster is up to. Yell at the monster "Well you win, we're leaving now! GOODBYE-BYE-bye-bye.." Slowly fading and slinking down to the ground so it thinks we're gone. Then we just wait a little while and peek over occasionally to see whats up. Mostly this is just to amuse us, really I just want to wait a little while for Snarls leg to get better.

2. E

3. I - I'm sure your mom will show up for your arrival and will be so proud of your gift to El.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



SerSpook posted:

I will suggest we say this:

Azzazel, of the desolate places, I apologize for refusing your kindly offer earlier. I wished to complete the task as much on my own as I could, and I admit that I did not know how much I could trust you. While glad to call you friend, you are something that I do not truly understand.

Yet looking back on it, it seems clear you have never been false towards me. You gave Snarls food and water as I trekked to the monument of Zepa's. You gave us drink when we fled a true monster. You know Ishamal, a man that has saved my life, and appear kindly disposed towards him. You I am proud to call friend and my mistrust of you was wrongly placed.

Thank you for what you have done for me, and for Snarls. I agree to fulfill a favor for you in the future, according to terms laid out before, if you are so willing to do so now.

I'm voting for this

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Rahul posted:

Another vote for the ACFI bandwagon

Same here.

Hey when we get done with everything here, can we not sacrifice the Jackal eye, I mean we already gave the meat to El and he was very pleased by that. How about instead we see if a Jeweler or smith can lacquer/seal it in some way so we can make a brace or hole through it to wear as a necklace? I think that would look pretty sweet and be a nice little trophy until we get to fight another bigger monster, preferably with less eyes than the abomination, and smaller too.

Save Target As fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2013 around 14:39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008



Zybourne Clock posted:


Alternatively, use the pearls as a bridal price and ask Tudiya for Naomi's hand.

I don't think Tudiya would go for that, especially since Diog said that the pearls we got were probably worth just a few cattle, I think he would want more than 28 pearls.... so like, twice as many should do the trick, unless we get an employee discount.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«4 »