Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«106 »
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

gBs!

I think we should stick to our strengths; bringing everything down around our ears. Lets start with a world we can watch burn, and I think we're up to the hard mode challenge of starting mortal.

First things first, we'll have no chance without a loyal and unbiased adviser so... steal an animal and paint it purple.

Outrail fucked around with this message at May 20, 2013 around 10:41

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

EVG posted:

I'd also vote for a return to GBS, if the mods care at all about our opinions.

I never would have found the first game here, and wouldn't have found THIS one if it wasn't linked in the MadGod thread.

As for the girl thing, I am aware of many historical/biblical women who made a difference, I was just saying that with no knowledge of the setting yet I didn't know if that could be the case.

Name one influential woman from the last game... Except Amytis (or, arguably, Beaky!)

Not arguing for or against anything, but I think one of the reasons it didn't turn into a vicarious sexual fantasy like most of the other CYOA's (Robosex comes to mind) is because LBTR didn't have many opportunities for awkward sexual potential and female objectation.

I am not against creating a harem of homunculi and starting an angels only brothel.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

UppaTree posted:

Fuckin' mortality. Ah well, D.

The meek shall imherit the earth, and unless you're Solomon, being rich never works out well in these stories.

D The meek shall inherit the earth, then unleash the Kraken, split the wall between the worlds and bring the sky crashing down upon all those who looked at him kinda funny in 3rd grade that one time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The bottom one is ok, but it's hard to rread the print with the mountains in the background. Maybe switch them around, so that SOMETHING AWFUL CYOA FORUM GAME is at the top. What it is is more important than what it's called.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Switch the balloon for the SA grenade and I like the top one.

Edit:

Voliun posted:

D What's the absolute worst it could happen dealing with fish ?

Absolutely nothing

Outrail fucked around with this message at May 21, 2013 around 06:24

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Option C/D Warscreamscreech and attack! gently caress you dad!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Wow, go out of town for 4 days and there's a 550 post backlog to read through.

Question: Do people ever run away?

I'm forwarding the notion that we shave our head at the first appropriate moment. ie not now, later when we're old enough to run away.

Also yes, start making up jokes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Option C, but then walk up the the hands outstretched guy and say "Hello, me Og, peace, yes?" in his language, then point at the monsters "What is that things?". Offer to shake his hand if it seems appropriate.

(Essentially diffuse the situation by acting like an unconcerned person.)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Um, read between the lines here guys.

Pretty sure our people are cannibals, and during the solstice ritual some unlucky boys get eaten, probably by other boys. And also pretty sure we're Jalitha's son, or at least not totally pure blood like the res of the village (as evidenced by our looking different, and also references to Enkidu). Why would she want to save us? Unless she thinks something bad is going to happen to us.

Voting A. Lets ditch this no horse popsicle stand and go find our own people, preferably people who don't worship teeth and blood and eat little boys.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Jalitha is going to get the entirety of our people killed, if Dad and Asherah don't take care of this Asherah's people certainly will.

A STORM IS COMING

Our people are a bunch of backwards troglodytes led by an unstable shithead. The other guys seem pretty chill and have monsters that sprout clay urns full of poison and can drink poison and like it. Is there a contest here?

Edit: Did Jalitha wash up on a wave of water or jizz? If it was the later we can assume Asherah may have had a part.

Outrail fucked around with this message at May 27, 2013 around 15:25

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

H. Yeah we need to gtfo, the tooth. Well it's a cool tooth, and we should use it to shave our head at some point before tossing it into a ravine.

Anyone voting E has such a case of Stockholm syndrome it just hurts to read.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I'm voting for and

It is time to cry and cheese it for the beach! Our dad may have been a hard man to deal with, but he was still our father and we had become more emotionally invested with him in these last few weeks. It seems our father was at peace with his decision (or at least as at peace as a guy can be while shooting lightning while getting speared) due to his meditating on the beach beforehand. He knew what was going to happen, and I wager that the prophecy doesn't involve his only son running off with the people who just murdered him.

If he knew what was going to happen then anything we do right now will be part of his plan. I mean if he could see this far into the future surly he could see another few minutes and know what his son was going to do.

Edit: Unless his plan was to get poisoned by outsiders, fail to kill any of them with actual lightning and then be beheaded. If that was his plan he's either a poo poo fortune teller or terrible strategist. Either way we're either better off without him and his prophesy.

Edit:

Crudus posted:

I really doubt it was poison, probably just wine. Dio has said our village has no knowledge of alcohol.

Well yeah, I'm 99% sure it was wine, but he would have thought it was poison.

Outrail fucked around with this message at May 28, 2013 around 06:56

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

^ Either way he didn't handle that very well, and if he can read the future he _really_ didn't handle it well.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

^^ You can't be serious. Narod was planning to throw us under a wagon from the start, pretending to worship us while building up our successor. If you forget we ended up exiled at the end of the last CYOA.

The only one who got our father killed is our father. She's not kidnapping us she's rescuing us.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Sogol posted:

Og the Unforgiving. Og Drinker of Blood.

Let's go to Baitel and start up a completely ill informed blood rite Asherah Cult. Wreek vengeance on the whole loving place.

It's just an idea.

Liking this one. We can make our own version of fish god. Anyone read American Gods by Niel Gaimen?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Voting plan Serspook and Tudhalias.

But put in a harmless lie about something, see if he picks up on it.

Changed vote, couldn't resist.

Outrail fucked around with this message at May 29, 2013 around 05:36

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

maxhush posted:

El is the king of the sky giants. He and his giants send lightning to punish evil people and monsters. My Dad shot lightning at you.

Changing my vote to this just to see how badly the king loses his poo poo. If he hits us we'll know he's another dadshit.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Yeah, we're 11. I think we should phrase it like we're a slightly traumatized kid trying to be sassy. Not changing the vote, but we should phrase it like a question. As in 'Well, this could make sense, what's your response to that Mr. King?' Rather than coming across like we actually think our dad was El.

I interpreted it as more of a immature theoretical, theological argument showing we don't know anything more than a challenge or factual statment.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Just a thought. How many adults have said to a child 'I can tell when you're lying'. The answer is every single one of them. We're falling for one of the oldest child management tricks in the books.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Voting C. Let him cut our hair, but noone's giving us a name until we want one. If he want's the right to give us a name he's got to earn it. Not just because he or someone else says we do.

Then we should shave our head at a later point. Reject all gods.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Sebek never gave us a satifactory answer in the last one. Maybe this wise king can help us. Deadpan the king this riddle from our village:

"How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

also

"What do donkeys and dogs and dragons taste like?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Let's stop loving around and have an Adventure!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

1A
2E - Master Blaster!
3A

Finally it might be murderkill time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hello stranger, have you heard the good word of Ashera?

vv: If there are people around do it anyway. If they ask why tell them Ashara demands blood. You could come out of this with your own cult.

Outrail fucked around with this message at Jun 8, 2013 around 05:44

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

E and m

The only one who can help you is you.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

F - I aint no donkey thing
A - Let's choose our own Adenture
D - "Did you wash up on this tribe's beach Beach like mother did?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Also theglavwen's version of E, and.... "I want to go on adventures... but Asherah's going to be really angry with you if he finds out you've eaten whales."

Two questions for our new old friend:

"What did it feel like when you killed someone the first time? Was it right?"

and ask him a riddle to see if he really is wise:

Q: "If Asherah has three fish, and you take one fish, and a crab takes one fish, and a whale takes one fish, what does Asherah eat?"

A:"Three fish, a crab, a whale and you! Asherah eats everything, hah!"

If someone scolds us state that it's true, and anyway we're many many distances from the ocean it's not like he's going to swim up through the dirt. Then look nervously at the dirt.

Outrail fucked around with this message at Jun 11, 2013 around 17:50

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear (we have more experience with spears) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.

Also

Scream at Tyudia "Tell it to stand still like the deer you jellyfish!!"

Also voting we Lighten the gently caress up and stop metagaming everything to the lowest possible risk. We're choosing our own life as boring as real life here. The heavens will clash without us if we keep this up.

edit: Changed my vote below

Outrail fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2013 around 09:25

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

RandomPauI posted:

How is standing your ground the lowest possible risk? It is certainly lower risk than charging at the monster but it's much more risky than hiding with the women. It's a decent amount of risk.

Not that, standing our ground is fine. I'm talking generally about the micro-meta-gaming refusal to take risks with regards to doing anything fun.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Changed my vote

Strong offense is a strong defense of whom we love. Attempt lightning ritual, let's fry this fucker.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Just realized something. Look at that things back, it was clearly designed for a saddle.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I don't know if displaying sudden magic would be wise since a savage donkey who casts lightning would more than likely be put down at the first opportunity instead of being reveared.

You know what I'd do if I had a savage donkey that suddenly started shooting lighting out of it's hooves? Not put it down. I'd do lots of things with it but putting it down is probably the last thing I'd think of doing.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

C&D, then S from the treetops, death from above!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

A

J Pray to the lobster god Smiss.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I vote A, and hold my vote on any other action until Sojenus has weighed in. He has a great deal of expertise in the area may be worth listening to.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

BDH

But if we see it on the way back pick up the tooth. I also like the idea of lashing it to a stick and chopping at enemies, then watching them go flying up and out to the horizon.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Given the circumstances I'm thinking P but less finding a tree and more sprawling into the mud and passing out in the rain.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Big manshark thinks violence is the answer? Time for this Fucker to reap what he sows.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

XOXO posted:

We do deserve it for loving up. We have a strong and steady history of poor decisions so maybe we should take this chance to learn to do something right.

Learn from our mistakes? I don't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

B and A

«106 »