Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

B, G, I, K, M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

B - pace yourself!

...but watch your back.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

JT Jag posted:

B, the guys in front are going full speed and picking C means we'll have to more or less do that as well. We may not want start burning through our energy reserves this early in the race. We can afford to start going a little faster though.

This. Also if we catch up with the guys in the front they'll probably try to trip us up or something. B

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C - we are nothing if not confident.

(I read up to the flyingHUNGERfalling bit so far :ohdear: )

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Non mighty people eat while running all the time. Usually during super long distance races. I've read about people ordering pizza while running. The beautiful people in YLLS probably know more about it.

Also, if you have an old sandwich in the fridge and can't remember how old it is, just throw it out. It may smell fine, but you will regret biting into it. This has stuck as my pseudonym ever since Counter Strike 1.2. :dull:

Yes, pull out a gel or two to replenish your energy stores! Don't forget to get water and Gatorade at the aid stations.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

D - quit race to get food, but give Lully an infuriatingly friendly wave as we slow down to let him pass. (Unless waving isn't friendly in this culture, then insert appropriately innocuous gesture of friendliness) For bonus points yell Good Luck at him,

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C and I

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

We should try to avoid naming any of our children, when/if we gave any, Goliath. Just in case. Also watch out for invaders who like to march around cities blowing trumpets. (Edit: actually I think this CYOA would vastly pre-date any of that, but Abram was a man from Ur, and generally I find all of it very fascinating)

Did we decide who to talk to in the temple, or are we running out on the archery contest to see if we still have an anus? Everyone got really sidetracked when we discovered we haven't pooped in a while. :cheeky:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

the_steve posted:

1. "I disagree with them as well, but this is their temple, and as long as our father permits it, they are free to speak their mind within their own walls. Best to pay them no mind."

And H. I don't trust her and I really don't want to piss off King Dad. If we hang around openly like this he might just destroy the whole place. If she really wants to manipulate or help us then she'll find a way to talk to us more discretely.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I'm so confused. Yet again, someone is telling us that everything we've been told is a lie. As we are a very confused young man I vote yes to asking all the mini questions even the poop one.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

No on insulting or provocative questions unless we can reword them to be more benign.

Yes, ward Snarls. He's a good dog.

Tell Ish You are a good friend and mentor to me and I appreciate all your help, I'm just feeling frustrated today after being suckered into Bareen's trap so easily. or something like that. We should stop asking things over and over like we are the dumbest person in the world, like "what happens when I push myself too hard."

I got sick over Christmas and fell behind like 1500 posts in a matter of days! Just caught up :lol:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Maybe instead of bugging Ishmael to tell us where he's going when he leaves the city (as someone centuries old and wiser than the king he owes us no answers about anything and especially not his super secret wilderness hideout or whatever) we should try following him someday. When we're older.

Which is probably a terrible idea that will put us in mortal danger. I'm positive we will do it eventually. :D

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

No one can tell us who our father is...because there was no father. Enkidel/Ankidel/Anakidel/Anakin it's midichlorians all the way down.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

J, N, P, R

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

B, D, G, K

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

F so he can't do what he's planning and we don't get close enough to be embarrassingly used as a human shield when he turns out to be a sorcerer and kidnaps us. Again.

Edit: in light of Diog's edit...my vote changes to E

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 9, 2014

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

This

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C - no need to look like a crazy person running after someone no one else can see. Additionally I do want to join the vigil, so hopefully we can still do that.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

DCBomB posted:

I think this is my simplest vote count so far.

Dat Kid

B Just watch - - - - - 5
C Ask Tudiya - - - - - 3
D GET THAT KID - - - - 9

Votes

A RICH WHITE MAN - - - D
Tomn - - - - - - - - - D
paragon1 - - - - - - - D
Deadly Ham Sandwich- - D
Task Manager - - - - - D
dog kisser - - - - - - D
jng2058- - - - - - - - B
FoxTerrier - - - - - - C
Sogol- - - - - - - - - B
RadicalR - - - - - - - C
the_steve- - - - - - - B
HiHi ChiRho- - - - - - D
hollylolly - - - - - - C
Angela Christine - - - B
dyzzy- - - - - - - - - B
Zybourne Clock - - - - D
Eryxias- - - - - - - - D

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3550307&perpage=40&pagenumber=419#post424270422 I think you missed this update?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A - follow that kid!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

1. B
2. G

4. O, Q, T
5. U

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C - start a band!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

I knew we should have trained in the spear, the traditional weapon of the Mighty Men! :argh: A club isn't going to do much good against flying harpies, but maybe we can lead from the front of our ragtag band of terrified monster hunters with the club anyway.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Um... D2

And H, why not?

No on asking about storms or demon lairs.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Naomi finds out we've been spending weeks alone in the wilderness with a hot witch. Our response? "I swear it was all for you so I could marry you! Plus, your dad has like twenty wives, I thought you would be cool with this." :heysexy:

There are so many ways taking her along can go wrong. I'm tempted to vote along with everyone else, but at this point even if I don't I think our mind has been made up.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Ok.

1. A - stealth is good, even if it's only partial stealth.

2. M - let's not have King Dad have to disown/stone us because we insist on sneaking around with witches, the last one of which destroyed a good portion of the city. If we are going to be asking Lullya (I can't spell)'s friends to come with they will certainly let slip we are associating with Indor's daughter.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Plan Lanky Coconut will not work because Indor already said she would not send her daughter if it was just us alone with Snarls.

Edit: unless now you guys are planning on kidnapping her and dragging her along, in which case..?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Bringing Puabi is only so she can maximize our profits selling to Indor, and thus maximize Indor's profits. She isn't going to be flinging fireballs or casting healing on our men, plus having an attractive female out with a band of men (who will be on edge) is asking for trouble. Indor doesn't know about hunting or what our chances will be out there, she feels reasonably sure that with 15 men Puabi will be safe enough. And incidentally, when the poo poo hits the fan I'm sure Puabi will have some magical amulet or potion that will save her rear end and leave us all to rot.

Also it came to mind that the king is making it harder for us to marry Naomi because he wants us to fail and we were getting too close. Naomi will be used to solidify the relationship with one of the other cities through marriage when/if we fail, Diog said as much in one of his posts. King dad noticed we were getting too close to the bride price that Ishamel leveraged him into offering in the first place, and so upped the ante. I mean, he says we are his son and I'm sure he means it, but Naomi has more value to him as a bride to an ally city than in being our wife.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Oh, ok, I misunderstood the marriage alliance threat.

Anyway, we should still fight to meet the quota because we taught her the special spot on Snarls that makes the leg kick and he'll never understand if we just give up (not that anyone is saying we should). We can still sell the claws of monsters to Indor on the down low. No need to bring Puabi.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

A, I, J, O

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

S, U

Sinew of a giant's heart...where did we leave that giant corpse? Too bad it's probably all rotted now.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C - let's go with experience and wisdom.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

B, Q, T

It's about time Tudiya finds out what our plan is, and if he lets Danal go with us that's his decision.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

On Agamemnon's grand nephew, Benaiah, I vote:

U

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Ashael has visible brands on his hands which he says he's had since he was a child. The child Melachim we saw at the execution had a big visible brand on his face.

Hmmm.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

C
F
L
Q
W

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Plan FoxTerrier

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Don't bring the donkeys in the cave.

The last thing you want if you have to beat a hasty retreat from a pissed off Ogre is to have a bunch of stubborn panicking animals in the way, leaving our Balls trapped between an rear end and a...rampaging ogre. I couldn't think of anything naughty sounding

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Mr. Wednesday posted:

This is dumb. C - pull out

This is a terrible place to make our stand. There are two side-tunnels that can be used to flank us, and they have enough numbers to keep at it until we are too exhausted to fight on. Pressing on is a bad idea too, and will lead to us in a choke-point, flanked from behind, and surrounded in front by hordes of goblins and an angry ogre on their own turf. I'm calling for a tactical retreat to put us on better footing, not to flee the battle entirely.

Also H

I vote this too:

C - to find a better place to fight
H

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Even if we stand our ground or cause a rout of the goblins and ogre, most likely there is a bigger tunnel in the back somewhere of that large cavern we just realized is ahead of us, and the goblins and or ogre will go out that way and eat our donkeys and the five guys we sent out there.

We are in the middle of a tight tunnel and know there are at least two others next to us that goblins could swarm down. If we stand here we will get goblins in front and behind our Balls. It will be extremely difficult to get out. If we go to the end of the tunnel/entrance of the big cavern, the same thing can happen except we'll probably have a massive ogre in front of us trying to smash us like the Hulk. We should retreat to the initial tunnel entrance if we want to make a stand.

If no goblins chase us then we should build a really huge fire inside the front of the cave, or where it splits in three, and just leave.