Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

B eaky!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

H

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

the_steve posted:

G. "Save Jalitha!" While pointing frantically

This, then we can collapse into incoherent sobs

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I am changing my vote from G to A

ADP brings up a great point. As much as I'd like our character to take the moral highground and tell his Uncle that dad is beating up a slave, realistically we can't expect much out of our 4 year old self. We just dodged death and defilement - that earns us a few tears.

If it's too out of character we'll just end up bawling anyway, might as well try for some self-improvement.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

E. Let dad handle it for now, we can get her if we need a translator. Its possible the visitors speak our language, we haven't heard what they're saying yet.

They're also much better armed, so we don't need to make any sudden moves.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

quote:

Your own countrymen are screaming now and your father cuts the edge of his palm with his giant shark tooth and begins to chant, you feel the wind begin to blow...

I like the idea of getting out of here, but it appears dad might have a few tricks up his sleeve. We might want to wait to see if the strangers better tech wins over dad's apparent occult power.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

B. No point in lying, and showing what we know of the language may impress the king.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Tudhalias posted:

Why can I not read augh

Thank you for catching that, but I think your meter's a touch off. If we're including Marnal, I'd suggest:

(blahblah)...Baitel grows.
Marnal forges bolts of flame,
Heals the harmed and lifts the lame.
Monsters lurk, etc.

Voting plan poem.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

For those saying that we're too young to come up with an awesome poem, who cares? If Dio decides that we can't pull it off then we'll end up using something we're capable of, but I think personal development is the name of the game right now. We need to strive for greatness if we're going to participate in a "Clash of the Heavens", and I think hanging around a well-traveled badass warrior king will get us there much more effectively than running back and hoping the Dad who beat us our entire lives is going to come back from the dead and somehow provide us with something better than the experience we have to opportunity to get here.

Sticking with my vote for Tudhalias

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

dog kisser posted:

Yeah, hell no, we're not backing off this insolent poo poo thing. Worst case scenario we get a cool scar. Part of the epic journey. Voting Plan Sassmouth!

We already have a scar. If we keep acting like a moron the next one is going to be across the jugular, which I'm pretty sure isn't the kind that the ladies are into.

Even if we were to survive, how does it develop us as a character? You were an insolent little poo poo toward the most powerful being you've ever encountered before (dad) and you were constantly beaten for it. Now you've encountered someone who is empirically more powerful, as he killed your dad, and you're going to be a smarmy little rear end to him too? What makes you think the results will be any different?

Act like we have an iota of social intelligence and the king will help us out. Be a smart-rear end little snot and he won't. And for those voting to burst into tears, you must have been the whiniest bunch of 11 year olds. I don't want our defining characteristic to be that we start bawling all the time.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

A. No point in causing a fuss.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I just realized something. Jalitha tried to give us a haircut. This would definitely ostracise Og, but Og could have been canabalized for it. WTF mom!

That is if they consider a haircut a canabalizing offense, which may be true, as no one else had short hair.

Its possible that she tried to give us a haircut so El would save us from the cannibalistic barbarians we were living with.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

A, A+C. It's always good to have friends, and the king might be able to communicate with us. The kid might help us learn words by naming the flowers and things we come across.

I don't think we'd be able to communicate very well with any of the other outsiders, and I imagine we'll have access to mom most of the time, so we can branch out here and talk to new people.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Lets go with a follow-up then:

why do you/others have 6 fingers?

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Hell yes, name the puppy Beaky!

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Diogines posted:

If you asked a question that I skipped, it was because someone else already asked and it was answered.. Or I missed it by mistake. if I did, please point it out, thanks!

"He says that men who wish to have them and that they well regarded."

You ask the question. Tudiya laughs and points to the child you have been carrying on your shoulders for the better part of an hour as you talk to the king and whom you have been otherwise playing with for several hours as you walked. Danal makes a monster noise and swooshes his stick through the air as if he was slaying another invisible monster.

Tudiya is the largest man you've ever seen... and based on Danal's actions so far, you may need to adjust your estimation of his age once again. He might be five or six?

"He says that people, Sweetling" your mother says.

See? If the king's son has a dog, I think it's appropriate for us to have a dog.

Beaky is the best name for any sidekick we have, up to and including other people.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

The dog must be named Snarls Barkley

If we can't have beaky, then I can begrudgingly accept Snarls Barkley.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

SerSpook posted:

You mean mildly inconvenience lightning.

Yeah, it didn't even kill the 2 other guys that got hit, left alone the king. Lightning sucks.

Voting not M. Not a fan of the whole vengeance thing.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Mr. Wednesday posted:

Wake Barkof

Regardless of Danal's physical size, his maturity clearly reflects his actual age (~5 years old). Encouraging the king's 5-year-old son to venture off into danger is incredibly irresponsible, and at 11 we'll probably be expected to know that.

Unless infant adventuring is a normal Labarasian stage of development or something.

I like this. Voting wake barkoff, but try to do it in a way that doesn't make our new friend feel betrayed. Act like we want him in the game or something.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Voting:

STAB HIM WITH THE TOOTH! ASHERAH HUNGERS!

I am going to interpret this as your agreement with the DBF plan.

Voting not this. We really need to simmer down on the murderous rage. I'd like to at least get to adulthood before picking the suicidal options.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Voting not J not R.

How exactly would shooting lightning help us at all? Assuming that we could figure it out.

The fish god is a worthless god, easily defeated by the king. I don't understand why people are clinging to a god that has literally never helped us.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

climb the tree with Danal, keep the no votes

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

D B G

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

A and D, plan panda. Seems like a good idea.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

A and H

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

SerSpook posted:

Nope, gently caress you Asherah tooth. If we gotta have something from this pantheon, let's get a claw of Smis or something.

Also agreeing. Asherah tooth has been nothing but trouble.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Operation Guard Danal

Did I Just agree with Basscop about something?

I also, despite agreeing with basscop, vote operation guard Danal

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

drink the wine, and don't ask about asherah.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

About how large is the eyeball tentacle monster thing? Whale size, shark size, kraken-esque?

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

I think the best plan is to put on the sandals (we can run faster and farther I'd we don't get fatigued), grab the unbreakable spines as a weapon, and book it into the forest.

Edit: I firmly agree with anything Terry Pratchet says. Don't look back when running, it will just slow us down.

Walrusmaster fucked around with this message at Oct 20, 2013 around 00:08

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

This thing seems to be having difficulty getting on land, so since we seen to have a little time I say B, grab our stuff and go. I think snarls would agree to getting the hell out.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

I think this calls for more urgency.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

attempt to talk to the goat. Considering how much azzaz likes goats, I think it'd be a really poor idea to try and kill it.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

UnassemblyRequired posted:

1. "You have always been my brother!" Then give him a hug.
2.Tell Tudiya that we will come to the feast shortly but we must first tend to our mother.

Agreed.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

A This will be a great opportunity to improve our skills and see the world. Since we'll be with a mighty man mom might worry less, and we'll get to improve our relationship with both Danal and the upper crust (through Aaron).

no to marriage subjects. Lets start to make a name for ourselves before bringing that up. Ask Tudyia in a couple months.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

no on the temple question . Let's follow Ishmael's advice.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

C, fire and tools are of paramount importance. They make the rest a lot easier.

H, we should do what we came our here to do. Plus, we may get a start on the bride price

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

1. A + C.
2. J + plant seeds after the fire dies down.
Try to salvage some seeds from the fruit and plant them once the fire dies. If the seeds are not salvageable, then forget it.

To add to this, we can get seeds before burning the forest, and plant them in the ashes. They should grow very quickly with all that fertilizer and I think that'd be a good compromise.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

This sounds like the kinds of magic that has almost gotten us killed several times in the past. We need to slow down and not use it until we're better trained. We still have an archery contest to win, no sense in passing out before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

maxhush posted:

Actually, vote change to D(E?) - Pour on the gas but take the next turnoff to the food stalls, specifically because it'll probably gently caress off Lullaya even more- 'letting' him win so he won't be able to definitively prove that he would have won had we kept running, showing him that we see food being more important than him etc.

Then skip the spear throwing contest and eat right up until archery time.

I can get behind this. Just run right to the next food stall and get ready for the archery.

«7 »