Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

:supaburn:

"I don't have a clue mate. You tell me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

B
E-WHOOPS SORRY
K
N
M

P I see dead people and it super super freaks me out.

6:T I guess since you idiots committed to this
Yes
B
G

State that TBH I'm kind of worried you guys are going to go all war on us and we've had quite enough of that lately thank you very much.

Can go into more detail if they ask but if they don't, be kinda vague. Make it clear we're being vague not because we want to be but because really we've gotten into trouble for this poo poo before.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 31, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Even if we do die right here and now, I reckon we'd hit it.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

A horse walks into a bar...

Don't finish the joke.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Voting to not leave the poor idiots here. Let's not offload our sheep onto the first benevolent presence who shows some interest just because they're a pain. We said we'd get these people home!

Probably A, blood magic seems like a bad idea.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 3, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

The downside is they've gone from a society where they're expected to farm and work for their alien overlords, knowing their place and not moving from it, to, well...

We offered them freedom and a life among other humans, but they're such a pain to drag along and some of them are going to die so oh well let's just leave them here and they can be alive and terrified and in pretty much, according to them, the same situation they were in to begin with. But oh well, out of sight out of mind.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

SerSpook posted:

We cannot be King with a split loyalty, at least not one that may be compelled

Does anyone seriously still think we can become king of Zepath? We are part melachim, we can't rule over men. If we don't talk ourselves out of it, somebody else is going to later on.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Mr. Nemo posted:

This is the vote that finally made me register, hope you guys are happy.

G

Welcome to the madhouse!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Plan Tsyni works.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

These bugs communicate telepathically, right?

I wonder how far that reaches...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

A

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Well that sucks.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Hope you leave this one open for a couple of days, I think a few of us need a break first.
Count me as I for at least the next couple of days.

:siren: Link to Update :siren:

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on synirc.net - The topic of the day is x.
Direct Mibbit Link

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 14, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Theglavwen posted:

I.

Sort of anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if I kept reading, but as it stands now I'm not interested in continuing as someone else. This was Enkidel's game, although it sucks, I'd rather end on the sudden emptiness that was the end of his story than try and limp along as someone else, trying to recapture the glory.

^

Don't tell us what happened to Snarls, stick to your convictions!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I guess I should just leave this here.

Warning, it's kinda huge and I never got a chance to finish it, so a lot is wrong, such as the river and a few of the big cities.

Man with the flag was roughly where our teleport dropped us.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Am I proud of Enki? I dunno. He did what he could with what he had, he got dealt a good hand, but was were never entirely sure what the game was. That said, he survived for a hell of a long time, what with all of us running around in his head.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Judah, no reload.

I liked Kavodel, I wanted to go back, but I wanted to go back as Enki, without another reload.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

:supaburn: :siren: Link to New Thread :siren: :supaburn:

Link to Final Update

BoneMonkeys Post-History

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on synirc.net - The topic of the day is vote counters.
Direct Mibbit Link

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 19, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I feel bad for Ish. He's basically had another son leave him. :( He put all those years of work into us, keeping us safe out here and covering up for our mistakes, and we blew it all away.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

You can resurrect the thread, but not Enkidel. :(

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Shoulda voted for Turtle Oasis.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Send the kids back on their own, without their parents, let Tudiya pick them up. Take our new priest guy and any loot that won't slow us down and walk the gently caress home as fast as our little legs will carry us. No teleporting us, no teleporting our balls. We made it here, we can make it back.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Seriously, why choose stasis over child teleport? This place is gonna get colonised again pretty quick, the amber is too important, at least if we leave them awake they have a chance of fighting back and spreading the word that there is a world out there where life doesn't suck to their future children and other villages if they survive. Even if we come back in 100 years we're gonna have to fight a probably better defended village than was here right now, right on top of where we hid the peoples.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I'm quite happy to update the map if Diog ever sends me a message, I tend to just idle in irc. :v:

Also, original was lost but was then found again, but by then I'd made a new one. I nicked a lot of info off it anyway. I have an editable PSD, but I haven't looked at it for a while and so won't link it yet in case it has stuff I'm not meant to share, I don't remember.

Directions to Gebeb were confusing, we went east mostly for a few weeks, with a bit of north to balance out any south. I read over everything from just after we formed our balls, up til the end, to make that thing.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 16, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Technically, you did get what you wanted there.

Edit: Oh god, no update yet, go home people.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Amok really is my favourite moment, after "Why are you a dog, Enkidel?" which sadly happened only in our collective imaginations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

THE MUSEUM OF ENKIDEL

You stand in the study, shuffling your feet. You came here to meet the Great Hero Enkidel and maybe learn some of his secrets, but it seems he has been detained all of a sudden, while you wait, you have a look around the room you have been left in.

It is a warm and well furnished room, decorated by the Great Hero Enkidel himself with trophies and mementos of his triumphs.

By the door there is a woven dog bed, it takes up a fair proportion of the floorspace in the room and is still a little small for the dog asleep in it. As you move around the room the dog opens one eye, looks at you and then goes back to sleep. It is terrifying in it's scale.

Against one wall there is a newly constructed cabinet wooden cabinet, stuffed full of vellum scrolls. The desk next to it is covered in what you believe to be prototype pens and inks and different grades of vellum and beaten paper.

On the wall above the desk is pinned a map of the world, as experienced by Enkidel and his own cartographers.

Taking a closer look you also see several Souvenirs on the desk :

A small figure with articulated joints. Enkidel bought this all the way from Baitel as a gift for his children. They have long outgrown it.

A small pebble, you do not understand the significance of this. Maybe a paperweight?

A disc made of silver, this was crafted with some of the first silver taken from Enkidel's own mine. This relates to the opening of the Kavodel silver mine, the founding of Kavodel and the invention of a standardised currency.

Above the fireplace hangs a wooden flute, banded with silver. A memorial to a departed friend.

Trophies:

A tiny goblin skull, you've never seen one this small before.

On a shelf you find a pot with a heavy tight seal, when you finally prise it open, you find it contains only find a faint stench of sweat. There is a rather lewd engraving on the side. What this was for, you wouldn't like to guess.

A bronze knife, fashioned to resemble a scorpions stinger. There are several smaller stingers placed around it. This relates to both the slaying of a grove scorpion and the slaying of a manticore.

A small plaque states that this pot was created by Enkidel's friend Lefkandi, to commemorate the slaying of a great roc using only a single arrow. It contains one razor sharp feather. You pocket it.

A small painting of a bird hatching from an egg. It has a whole shelf to itself, and seems to have an almost religious significance. The paint is battered and worn on the edges as if it has been picked up and handled many times.

A reasonably sized frog skull, it mirrors the one you saw outside of the house, only it's much, much smaller. This relates to the slaying of the giant frog Battletoad.

A small skull made of Amber, this was stolen from the giants of Gebeb. It makes the hairs stand up on the back of your neck to look at it.

A tooth from the giant wolf, Evergang, apparently Enkidel wrestled him to the ground singlehandly and won, taking his tooth as both a trophy and a promise. It's surprisingly sharp, for a wolf tooth.

Artefacts:

Under the desk sit an ordinary looking pair of sandals. You have been told that anyone wearing them will always feel rested and comfortable, even as their feet eat up the miles. You don't believe a word of it.

On a shelf sits a beautiful laurel wreath, strangely devoid of leaves. It is carved out of a white stone. There is a small pictogram next to it conveying "don't touch", you poke it, one of the leaves falls off and turns to ash.

Arms and Armour:

On a stand in the corner there sits a well crafted suit of armour, the shield beside it is rumoured to have belonged to Zepa himself.

The club that leans against the wall next to it reaches almost to ceiling height, reminiscent of the Red Cedar tree it is made from. The floor below it has been specially reinforced.

A 6ft long and very strong looking bow, crafted by Chait of... Zepath you suppose, you've never heard of him. Probably a local guy. The bow is nice, you guess.

Hanging from a peg on the wall is a necklace representing a goat.

Lost Artefacts:
You have heard tales of these fantastical items. Later on in the bar, Enkidel mournfully relates to you their histories and fates.

A simple flute, made, at first glance, of ivory or bone. The music played from it soothed the sick and banished nightmares. Enkidel took this from a mysterious temple and carried it for many years, until eventually he ate it. Tasty!? You didn't ask.

A bow made by a master craftsman Hadad of Baitel. It was destroyed at Taanach, all apart from a single fragment. It was the best bow ever.

An amazing leather skirt. Enkidel was gifted this by the Melachim themselves, the leather stayed soft and supple and it was always clean. He wore this until it was destroyed at Taanach. It was super manly.

A bronze sword, fit for a prince. Enkidel took this from the corrupt prince Saul and carried it until it was destroyed at Taanach.

Enkidel at one point started to build a massive desert fortress, which he named Zepas Shield. After several years of construction, he had it torn down, he does not tell you why. You'll find out when you're older.

---

I'll add in more things as I think of them, or as they're suggested.

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on synirc.net - The topic of the day is Vampires.
Direct Mibbit Link

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 16, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

MF_James posted:

the sandals wouldn't be there would they? Didn't enki eat them in the desert :)?

Nah we ate the flute, the sandals lived on.

I think we sacced the egg whole. :(

I should add The Shield.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Enkidel is a habitual liar

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Didn't we beat it to death with it's own leg? Or was that something else...

Yeah we shoulda left the one inside alone at least...

Recap Link

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jul 27, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Blasphemaster posted:

Unless we want to go for broke and draw the attention that the Watchers have been deflecting, we're going to draw another endgame soon. We absolutely need to come down from this HOLY gently caress I'M HALF MELACHIM high we were on and think about how we're going to work a return to Ur. EVERYTHING we have, everyone of consequence we know is there. We need to take a page from early-times Enkidel and be HUMBLE AS HELL to the right people when we make our way back.

Mirror the *taking off helmet* vision we had of Ish and be like "You were right, I'm so sorry. I don't want to be hungry, but I need to be able to help protect Ur from the crazy-rear end poo poo out there. How do we make this work?" Short and sweet, to the point, that sort of schtick.

Tbh I don't know where you're getting this from, we've speculated about what we are for years and Amok didn't change much, Diog even had to retcon out our massive emotional reaction into a "huh, fair enough that makes sense." as nobody was really all that surprised.

Enkidel had never been humble, that's part of his problem, but he's always tried to do his best for the people around him, the fort we started, the watch towers, we've not been doing nothing over the years. We got the command "save for years of hardship" and we've been doing our best.

That said I really want to sit down and work out proper food preservation, and I don't reckon we have a century to mess about, the chains on Ashera are weakening.

I love Ishamal, he's like our third dad, but he's very, very old, and he's seen the cycles of men's lives repeat many times, he doesn't believe that there could really be an end time. Everything can be managed, Ashera will remain chained, Enkidel can be controlled, even if he goes nutso, the world will continue to spin. He didn't think that the invasions would happen again, and even after Taanach he didn't seem that worried, he said he was, but outwardly... He believes we have forever, but what if we don't.

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 29, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I think we already have orphanages, might need expanding though.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

irc posted:

[00:43:12] <Nettles> I guess we don't know what demons are
[00:43:15] <Nettles> not really
[00:43:44] <Nettles> are ashera and fare nephelim like us or something else [ Edit: Ishamal says something else, but won't tell us what ]
[00:43:56] <Olothreutes> Well, Sarls seems to think that all demons are bad-smellers, and that the sons of Amok are bad-smellers.
[00:44:17] <Olothreutes> So demons might simply be fallen Melachim.
[00:44:21] <Olothreutes> Or their progeny.
[00:44:45] <Nettles> was that thing we killed in the goblin cave a bad smeller?
[00:44:52] <Nettles> what about the thing that ate us in the desert...
[00:45:16] <Nettles> there seems to be too much variety
[00:45:19] <Olothreutes> Although those ones were a lot more... invincible than things like a Zviv. Maybe the Zviv is the super far descended from the original Nephilim.
[00:45:36] <Olothreutes> Yeah, the Zviv and other things all count as bad smellers.
[00:46:20] <Olothreutes> Including the things in the cave under the temple of the melachim, which I think is the first time we hear Snarls call something a bad smeller.
[00:46:51] <Olothreutes> Which Zeb then confirms via El-sanctioned sorcery to be demons.
[00:47:21] <Nettles> If that's the sealed sons the same as amoks then that makes sense
[00:47:27] <Nettles> but I haven't read that far back in a long time...
[00:47:55] <Olothreutes> Someone was saying something about that being the tomb of either Ish's kids or of the ancient zepathans that might have fallen.
[00:48:22] <Nettles> well he had many children, he said
[00:48:25] <Olothreutes> But it's sealed by a wall of human bones, which is way more ominous than a giant door of silver awesome.
[00:48:45] <Nettles> gotta admit though, it's sinister enough to get you to leave it alone
[00:48:48] <Nettles> unless you're enkidel
[00:48:56] <Olothreutes> And Aaron.
[00:49:40] <Olothreutes> Although we were in a way misleading Aaron there as to the nature of what was happening.
[00:51:26] <Olothreutes> Although I have no idea what would allow for the great variety of demons, unless the really crazy powerful ones are indeed true Melachim that fell and they keep some measure of their powers.
[00:52:04] <Olothreutes> Where the Nephilim and their descendants just succumb to the eternal hunger and become immortal/invincible hunger demons. Which inhale souls, as per Sebekkai.
[00:52:14] <Olothreutes> Which really makes it clear that ??? is probably soul based.
[00:56:34] <Nettles> they sat and they hosed about with the ladies and they hosed about with the world
[00:56:51] <Nettles> maybe most of the poo poo in the wilderness is just... things people make when bored
[00:57:29] <Nettles> like my turtle oasis, we considered making it because we had a need of it, but give us unlimited power and I can't say I wouldn't just throw a few about for the coolness of it
[00:58:32] <Nettles> I bet whoever invited the SWARM idea would say the same thing, if he had unlimited power and no moral boundries, why not put one in a corner of the world and see what it did
[00:59:48] <Nettles> Maybe they'd make the swarm and I'd make my oasis and somebody else would make a giant demon that looked like a house and they could have a faceoff and eh, dinner's ready, the turtle has wandered off, the swarm couldn't eat the house, leave them there...
[01:00:36] <Nettles> I say demon, I just mean a big thing really
[01:01:43] <Nettles> battles are no fun with stupid things so you give them a rudimentry intelligence
[01:02:28] <Olothreutes> Where did this turtle oasis come from?
[01:02:45] <Nettles> oh it was one of our how to get the refugees home
[01:03:19] <Nettles> reasonably large slow moving turtle that emits a stealth field and also produces water and a small amount of food, it was a venasaur with water properties
[01:04:30] <Nettles> also had the potential of having a woodchipper-like mouth and to absorb/extract and clean and purify water from what it ate or if you shoved it into a pond, I worked hard on it and never quite gave up
[01:05:51] <Nettles> I loved it and it wasn't big and if I was a melachim with noting better to do and no limits on my power, why not throw a few into that wilderness
Basically, this came up in IRC last night. Maybe all the stuff in the wilderness is just the result of bored people with unlimited power. I mean, our balls are about to go out and fight a walking house. Only the nephilim are immortal because those are the spawns of melachim and humans, while the rest are just the sort of thing you make to impress your friends.

Maybe humans were kept around because they needed worship to keep functioning, but if it descended into wars between those beings, each trying to protect their little groups of people... Do you get madgod at that point?

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 29, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

We ought to give Tudiya the doubters speech, worked for Jobe.

If nothing else, we need to give him some quality time and a manly hug.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Did we loathe Shushem though? He was harsh on us, but we worked pretty drat hard at his lessons in the end and as far as he was concerned, we were his god-given heir. That's assuming it was him over there, or some aspect of him...

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Kid teleport, Tudiya will pick them up.
Tell these people we're sorry but we can't help them. Tell them that if they're recaptured they should spread the word that there's a civ out there where people aren't eaten and treated as cattle.
Spend a day looking at their forge tech, grab what we can carry, seeds, cuttings, anything that will fit in our pockets, maybe a couple of breeding pairs of their sheep and/or cattle, and Get The gently caress Out Enkidel.

Statis, we will never come back, this place will be resettled and Gebeb is a greater demon, he's gonna just find them and dig them up and eat them.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

:siren: UPDATE BELOW :siren:

Link to Latest Recap

| Wiki | Judah Thread | Recap | BoneMonkeys Post-History | The Museum of Enkidel |

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on irc.synirc.net - The topic of the day is shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up stasis shut up shut up teleport shut up shut up shut up book shut up shut....
Mibbit IRC Link - Just click to join us!

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 1, 2016

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

R - Teleport the children to where they will be found.
J - I tell the Gebebans that we can't save them, we can only save their children. But they can live their own lives now. They are free. They are free to take what they find here and do as they want with it, if they stay with the altar there's a chance they won't be found. If they are found and rounded up (As you would, lost cattle) then they tell the giants that we came from Ashera. Between themselves, they spread the word that there is a civilisation to the... North? where humans are not cattle, where they are free with no overbearing gods or masters. Maybe some will attempt the walk and make it, El works in mysterious ways.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

:siren: :siren: Link to Update :siren: :siren:

| Wiki | Judah Thread | Recap | BoneMonkeys Post-History | The Museum of Enkidel |

Come join us in IRC! #madgod on irc.synirc.net - The topic of the day is AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
Mibbit IRC Link - Just click to join us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Could we create a map of the world and all its peoples?

:supaburn: