Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

If Tudiya refuses to let us keep our name straight up, ask if he'll work it into our new name like Ogarth or something appropriate to the culture. If not I guess we can always be Og in our head.

Also I'm for asking all the hard hitting questions of Jalitha, I want to know why she painted a target on us.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dang I didn't even notice plan oxTerrier, while it ditches our hair in the long run I can see myself doing something with this so yes vote changed.

Also agree with x1000 stop calling us sweetling as well as saving our hair lump.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 30, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

OhYo posted:

= +
You are not rude, but you are not friendly. You have a lot on your mind. Do as he asks, when you understand anyway.
E: This is basically older brother mode. Enkidel will attend to the boy Danal's needs and respect him now. He will grow up respecting us if we vote to earn it.

Aron, who seems to be the youngest of the outsider men in his mid 20s. Get the inside scoop on real life in Zepath.

The king, Tudiya. Boldness, honor and courage are things we can learn from this king.

Sign me up! Emotional detachment stage go. Same sentiments for vote number 2 as well.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

let's bring the latest fashion from the cultural supernova that is Athar everyone will be clothing their loins within the week! Gotta be completely unanimous on our clothing style so we never change our outfit again.

If we end up going the route of revenge Og we have a song basically completely tailored to the plan, it's important to have a theme song.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

We will name the puppy Snarls Barkly.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

No to asking.

Do ask if we can try the wine if there is anymore, we're obviously a man now and being wine glad is something we should do to fit in. If only they'd had a nice chianti the Dad encounter would have gone better.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

OhYo posted:

Dogs in Zepath's culture may be just like that. One-notch up from pests. More like bottom feeders and UNCLEAN. If we're meant to be the cultured-savage or beast-boy turned civil, playing with and keeping a dog is the last thing to do while acclimating to a new culture.

Or maybe they're waist high hunting dogs capable of tearing a man's limbs clean off! :iiam: Our new pal seems to believe dogs are more modern like companions. Also we have no idea what a dog even is so being like yes they are pests who eat scraps is kind of getting ahead of ourselves, we have next to no context on them other than the men laughing about Danal excitedly describing them.

Also when asked about his sons he said he has one, if he just adopted us we might be the only one, or he just misspoke who knows!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 31, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Uuuuuuugh mom you never let me do anything fun! :v:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A Darker Porpoise posted:

We will name the puppy Snarls Barkly.

Paradox Personified posted:

I'll vote for this if it's a reference to Gnarls Barkley.

C'mon now! :v: we will be a soulful singing duo with our dog and it'll be great.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Trundel posted:

Why must you have the best plans? Changing my vote from Beaky to this.

My idea's been usurped :v: all my hopes and dreams shattered forever!!!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

If no one has I'll zip through and count when I get home, I'm out at the mall but shouldn't take me more than 30-45 minutes to get home.

E: Vote will be done in a few minutes.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 3, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Our winner is Snarls Barkley at 22 votes with Jorah in second at 14. You've all made my life long dream of suggesting a winning free form answer! My life is complete. :swoon:

Sorry that took so long I had to run some errands on my way back home.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 3, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Pray to El and Asherah as we've always done.

I'm filled with emotion! Let's set the pot to simmer and one day flash boil all over this town.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 4, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tudiya might not even be our Dad! We were just told that the king normally only cuts his sons hair, that doesn't mean we've been adopted or anything! It's potentially just an honorable thing that has happened to us.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

E: whoa freaky timing! :v:

Totals as of a few minutes ago https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AmB38yzQY_2ZdFFhWFo5T0dmTGd5TjFUM0tiSk9EcUE&usp=drive_web lunch break over back to work I go.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

FoxTerrier posted:

Hey Porpoise, I think my vote accidentally got put down as Not B instead of Not A. (If I'm reading your badass chart correctly. Can't tell if that'll make any difference though, so might be a moot point.) :)

My bad! Fixed it posthaste. I know how it happened too earlier I recorded your second vote and not your first so when I fixed it i was in a rush to get out the door. :saddowns:

Unless a bunch of people suddenly switch to H, A has it pretty cinched up.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

XOXO posted:

I was hoping to one day kill the King in front of his son for true vengeance, but this will do.

Slake my bloodthirst before it it mashed under the logical heels of adulthood.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Voting (Leave Danal behind)

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 6, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Voting x2

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jun 8, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

SerSpook posted:

Besides, how will you feed your children with Sith lightning?

By using it to kill large schools of fish and/or large beasts in need of eating!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Not Yes.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

As much as I like Jalitha she's our best bet for learning more language quickly.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Quick vote from work go fish god.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

+ Lay down the beats of our people.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1. G
2. L our dog is probably the smartest person we know C and then B If Mom doesn't give us a straight non-slippery answer head to the source and ask the boss man about it.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1H Learn how to scribe the verse. G Learn to turn the plain verse into something amazing. E Learn to embellish the verse with song. We will become the Bard.
2 c
3 c Switching from a pantheon that has a main god at the head and a bunch under them to another would be the easier swap
4 H
5 D Until we are free we are not a citizen of Zepath!
6 G-Flee screaming into the distance. "It's not you it's me!"

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 5, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1C
2D
3D
4D
5G
Plan: We need to be the scouts from on high in case of attacks from other directions.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Previous vote.
1-A
3-I:4 (I'm going to throw lightning one way or another)
4:A (She kissed us once two years ago and has basically not interacted with us in the interim)

Weapon vote.
M:4 I basically want to be the protagonist from the movie War of the Arrows.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 21, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Theglavwen posted:

Staff's still better :colbert:. Sure a bow can catch us a pheasant now and then, but with our hunger, we'd have to spend all day shooting rabbits and birds just to sate ourself, clearly we'll need some other source of incoming food.

Two quick shots through a lone minotaur's eyes and then wait a bit and we've got jerky for weeks hours!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

OhYo posted:

What weapon did/will Danal be focusing on?

Considering his Dad, Danal will probably be wielding Danal as a weapon.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Can we try the bow first? I'm sure Aga has one lying around right now we can test.

I assume the "maul" here is the axe? Is it a great axe? One handed axe? Will we have a shield to go with it if it's a one handed?

Will training in the bow and arrow also teach us all the various maintenance skills required for being an archer? String care, arrow fletching, protecting the bow from the weather, etc etc

What does Aga think of using a bow if we want to be explorers?

The way that reads to me is both of the big crushing weapons, club and big gently caress off hammer, are appealing to us. The axe falls under the category of weapons that aren't worth mentioning.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

It's less a matter of our magically soft coddled boy feet aching and more oops we stepped on a rock and now our foot has got infected and is festering off over the course of a month.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Diogines posted:

B. Accept his offer to teach you divine secrets and/or magic in exchange for your mother, your wife, your daughter and one of your eyes.

He specified one of our balls in the last post so either a typo there or a typo here :v:

B Time to ditch the Mom I've never liked and go gay. Magic up!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Clearly what we need to do is call out to our old bud ASHERAH!!! :black101: or do Plan SerSpook I guess that works. :(

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Hopping on the bandwagon!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A vote for not A is a vote for fun!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Shine posted:

E: also if we're undecided on what to do with the slaves, I will point out that they're high in protein.

Welcome to team Asherah!

1:D
2:F
3:I
4:L
5:M

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B- Mom Shushem used to not tell me things, do you really wanna be like Shushem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Repeating my vote for THIS as well as 1. A take the sneaky amulet we can solo this now you idiots. Just sneak around using snarls nose as magic radar to avoid all poo poo fights, farm harpies from stealth.

2. Bring the girl. It's just her, us and the beardog. No one talks.

+1 to the bandwagon sneaky death from afar!