Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
HH bandwagon because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV-_UKNNt1Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
1. C H A.
We need to learn kingly stuff, basic education like reading and writing and then some fighting.
2. B. Faith in El seems to be giving some pretty badass powers to the mighty men so he has to be real.
3. B
4. Don't really care.
5. C i guess
6. G: Give her the kiss and then realize that Tudyia will be furious when/if he finds out so nothing more ever.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Why are people voting for G and H in question one? That's literally the "Backstory" and "Home econs" options. C'mon, we have a magic flute that we can practice with and get good at. We want to go travelling. How on earth is home econs or backstory going to help us being a travelling rockstar?

Can we read and write yet?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
We can write the symbols that make our name but we don't understand them.

Ok we need a little more education.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

FoxTerrier posted:

D + I 'I' is asking for Ishmael with help getting over a broken heart and seeing what he suggests. With any luck, this leads to our first tavern crawl.

EDIT: Edited to add that there's no reason this can't still serve as a motivator for us to train/study harder to be a big hero and one day be worthy of Naomi. Cuz we're young and stupid like that still.

I like this. I vote this

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
E: Just like B but guard Danal as we can.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I thought "it" was refering to the chair. As in do not leave the chair behind as you go home, and don't go to the battle.

The chair must be more important that it seems. He really wants us to take it home, away from these merchants and possible invading monsters.

Maybe once we get it home we should sit on it real quick? Not going to linger on it with poo poo going down, just a quick test to be sure it still works after the trip. If it has fancy magical properties maybe our butt will be able to sit without getting sore to match our sandals.

His attention was obviously shifted pretty drat fast and he instantly commanded us to return home with the chair. "It" must be something more important that requires his chair in his household. "It" could be some sort of divine entity from where he draws his power. We must find "it"

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Captain Mediocre posted:

"It" could be some kind of coded message. If we convert it numerically using our sophisticated knowledge of mathematics and cryptology we get 9 and many-lots. Or perhaps its reversed, and we need many-lots of nine TIs... TI... emphasising the "Take it" in the original message... oh this Tudiya is a clever one... we have to take the throne back to the palace and circle it on our hands nine-and-many-lots times to complete the ritual and dispel the minotaurs.

Cast flying magic chair at the minotaurs. That will teach them

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Sogol posted:

C with a touch of D. We have been given a duty. We don't actually know how important it is or not in terms of random furniture, but it is clear we have been given a duty and Danal's safety is at the center of that. We can get as high in the King's home as possible in order to watch approaches and perhaps observe the battle. Tell Danal we need the height, here, in order to rain down destruction on anything that dares to approach the palace. We are the last line of defense. It will be hard, but we can do it.

No city walls. No leaving the palace. This is really important. We genuinely care for Danal and Tudiya. Putting Danal in harms way, fighting or even potentially fighting Minotaurs at age eight is a bad idea. Even if successful it will serve to distract the men actually defending the city. Danal needs to understand that staying here is an honorable, if difficult thing.

This thing.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
1A
2D
3B
4B
5 I :
Order Danal to stay. Explain that we should see how the battle turns out. If our mighty men wipe the floor with them then we can begin to go closer to see the end of the slaughter. Taking a few household guards with us if possible.
If everything goes to poo poo then we should head to the river and get a raft.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
It seems like we have pretty good eyesight. We need to test this out later.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Theglavwen posted:

1:B
2:E

More importantly, however, is that voice in the back of our head. Is it ours? Something seems fishy about this whole setup, and,

I assure you there's nothing fishy going on... sadly.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Go to Spawn's corpse. Don't join the brawl. Cut out his heart and tenderloin.
There will be a BBQ to satisfy our hunger this night.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Why take the horns? They have no power. Eating Spawn's heart will give us his strength and power so we can slay more monsters.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
After extensive and back breaking research into the subject i have found out that eating Spawn's heart a) might give us power b) is delicious.
Grabbing a horn from a beast we didn't kill ourselves will be a) a useless trophy b) a waste of a grand opportunity.

Eating the heart is the right thing to do.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
I have plotted out a solid strategy for eating the heart and having the horns as well.
We head over and stand upon the corpse looking as badass as we can. Then we take our spear/sword that we grabbed on our way there if we find it, and cut open the beast's belly tossing the innards aside untill we reach the heart. We grab it tightly and cut the arteries.

Then we stand up, and raise the heart to the sky, silently bring it to our mouth and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacImm1SHTg

When we are done the youngsters must surely be staring at us confused. We tell them to get lost, we are taking the beasts horns. Otherwise they will be next.

If we have to explain anything then: "El is in our hearts. We must find out what who is in their hearts so we can eradicate all other heathen religions" etc..

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Throwing 3 for F and one for C to get better focus. We don't need math and writing for much but its useful. Being buff is top priority.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
gently caress all that noise about spears and bows. All my votes go for the axe

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Guys you all need to realize that the best course of action is to become a huge buff cannibal axe viking who eats demon/monster hearts for power.

A vote for axe is a vote for prosperty. That way we are guaranteed drinking buddy status with Ishamal. Its even good for the economy.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Example C: They can deal with fish problems

Now now lets be honest here we really don't want to bring him. He might get hurt.

Also leaving him behind to keep Danal safe demonstrates impressive selflessness which is really good.
I say take the flint.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
1: D
2: L (changed from M as per Sogol)

We take nothing. Simply say to him "You once said that a heart filled with El is greater than any sword, and mightier than any dragon. So that is what I will take with me." And tell Snarls to keep Danal safe.

Edited: from M to L as Sogol suggested for easier counting.

Basscop fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 23, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Sogol posted:

Taking nothing is L.

and M is "another reaction" i thought it fit my vote

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Are we true El worshippers now? Because if I'm not mistaken the last vote turned out "Well, I'm not sure what I believe in really. I believe in El yes, but I'm not a die hard worshipper, still trying to figure things out."

Sogol raised a very good point in that what we take with us will be with us for the test. And the story seems to indicate that we will wander the wild for a while like Labaras. Bring Snarls with us, with him in our party our intelligence doubles. And what is better to take into a rite that may potentially define us as men? A piece of flint and stone, or man's best friend, man's most loyal companion, someone who would die for us.

We don't seem to be. I didn't really know what i wanted to vote for since all this religious babble is pretty confusing but i don't see why we couldn't become true El worshippers. This could be the perfect occasion for a test of faith. And it really doesn't spoil it to take Snarls with us. I really don't have a strong opinion on what to pick here so i left it kind of neutral.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Zybourne Clock posted:

Yes.

Since we're out here in the wilderness with nobody to eavesdrop on our conversation but Snarls and El, I want to be blunt with Tudiya and ask him what he would consider a reasonable bride price for the hand of his daughter.

This but we should really phrase the question differently because "can i marry your daughter" is blunt and dumb and we should show more respect to the king.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
:siren:SHUT UP ABOUT THE loving SANDALS ALREADY GODDAMN:siren:

Look at you squabbling over something so unimportant that it shouldn't really have been mentioned at all. They just stay on and we don't talk about them because they are shoes and we forget about them entirely now.

Now back to the important stuff: Should we devour the hearts of every animal we kill or just the monsters and demons?

If we meet people on out in the wild should we kill them and eat their hearts or take them as a slave to test out poisonous berries and plants?

Do we start walking back after 3 weeks so that we arrive in Zepath after a month or do we finish the whole month and then start walking home? I never got this.

edit: I think we should take off our sandals and gently caress them in front of the king. He may know of them but I don't think he knows the full extent to which we could use them to cheat on our test of manhood. If we do this then we don't have to tell him but he gets to exercise his judgment anyway. It's a win-win. Please Dio, a minivote here.

Basscop fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 24, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Voting that we take off our beard and hair to leave behind because it isn't a living part of us and could give unfair hidden camo bonuses to our manhood test. Also our finger and toenails.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
While dio withdraws and prepares for a double update tomorrow i want to make a suggestion on how we can take the manhood forest test as purely and heroically as possible.

We've already concluded that hair and nails are not a living part of us but for puritys sake i suggest that we also leave behind all parasites, viruses active or inactive. All foreign bacteria that isn't created from our dna.
That means we nees to leave our mouth and nose parts. We need to sterilize our skin and rip out our GI tract.

As a matter of fact our cells aren't us
Theyre just cheap copies made to keep us alive so lets just loving dissipate and take the test as a ghostly essence of Og

For maximum heroism. For purity.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

A Rich White Man and I are joking about how his offering is a cop-out and we should one-up him if possible

Place our other head on the altar and pledge that El may service it as long as we breathe.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

We have darker skin than everyone in zepath.

We have lighter skin than anyone in athar.

We are very likely a mix of Baitel and Athar ethnic groups.

Someone rescued mommy and then got her preggo. This is the most likely explanation.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Suggest sunday school at the city temple. I'm serious.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
yes

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Tomn posted:

Snarls is the true next Labras. The Age of Men has passed. It is time for the Age of Dogs.

Rename him to Labrados

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

RandomPauI posted:

Ask Tudiya: What should I do if I come across other people during this test?

The most socially awkward hero.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

spacetimecontinuu posted:

Basscorb you are such a pessimistic fish. We want more fish art.

Oh yeah you want art? Ok here's a poem i wrote to my wife:

I call it. As the waves of time pass.

Blrb bl brblrub bllrbr
Blrrbblob brllbbl bllebrbl
blrbrl rlblrbbrlrbrrlleob
blrb

rlbbbrlr lrbrlobrab
rlbbbrlr lrbrllrob
rlbbbrlr lrbrllbrrl

brllrrbob brl blrrb lbreb
abrlrb blrrbrlb blrrb brl
blrrbl rbrlbrabl brlbo

Brlrbr bl brlablrl

I wrote it in fish tho so you might not undestand

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
1: "Take a good look at me before you leave, my king. The next time you see me you will see a man."

2: "Be brave"

3B. Water first and foremost.
If we find water quickly then we could even have time to make crude tools before we need to look for food.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Basscop posted:

1: "Take a good look at me before you leave, my king. The next time you see me you will see a man."

2: "Be brave"

3B. Water first and foremost.
If we find water quickly then we could even have time to make crude tools before we need to look for food.

I want to change my 3 vote.
Since we have water for the day we should start by fashioning a hat using the surrounding vegetation.
This shouldn't take much more than an hour. After that it's B

edit: oh we already drank our water. gently caress it lets make a hat first.

Basscop fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 27, 2013

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!

RandomPauI posted:

Carefully remove his hood. Preferably with a stick.