Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«32 »
jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Screw you OP, ain't nobody gonna change my avatar.

Let's be an Archangel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

All hail the Drowned god!

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Option K Grab the knife and stab dad in the leg, we should establish our badass credentials early.

Or, failing that go and get joraH the explorah.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Option G

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

G with H as a backup option in the event of g not getting any votes and h being up against some pussy option like c.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Diogenes posted:

There seem to be 14 of the outsiders, 12 men, a woman and a child who looks to be about 8. Each of the men are tall and have light skin. Like Jalitha. They are wearing much more clothing than your people wear.

I think you mean lots of the outsiders

In all seriousness though, D

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

I vote we accept our hair cut with honour. However, make it clear that there are only 3 acceptable hairstyles for men. Buzz cut, crew cut, high and tight.

I vote high and tight

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

We're still in our loincloth? We're not some hut dwelling savage anymore, Ask for some real clothes dammit!

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Beaky

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Ask what other kinds of cool animals there are in zepath, are there tortoises (please god let there be tortoises.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

1: D
2: B
3: B
^^^ spend all our time with jalitha learning the language.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

B&C What's the point of being a mighty man if you don't go on adventures?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Throw the spear at the monster's face, our aim is true, we are sure to impress the mighty men.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

C I

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Master Bruce, why do we fall?

So that we can teach ourselves to get Back up!

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Fuck off!

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Diogines posted:

There is no apparent connection between the placement of the objects and anything else except that it enhances the beauty and strangeness of each object. Everything seems beautiful and to play against each other, those objects and portions of the objects are moving, seem to be moving in tune to the music and twinkling of the stars.

The reason for the blurring is not apparent. You see nothing which you can clearly identify as a monster. You do not know enough about magic to know if any is involved or not.

The blurring effect is as if you were looking through squinted eyes, water or perhaps smoke, the trees seem somehow further away...

Wait...

What....?

You know how far you ran and you did not run far enough to be this far away from the treeline. As you look around you realize that the inside of this structure is several times larger than the out side, though the layout of the structure is the same. It is perhaps seven or eight times larger and taller on the inside. You have no apparent explanation for how this can possibly be the case except that it seems to be.

You can ask Danal, the stars, a statue or anything else question but I want to wait a bit to see what approach people want to take first, i.e. acting or talking.

It's bigger on the inside. Find the Doctor.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

I think we may be choosing our character class here guys, flute is bard, dagger-rogue, fire-mage etc. I vote The Bow let's be a ranger.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

We should play this on our magic flute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_ufaxeSTs

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

"Ladies and gentlemen, my poor grasp of your language is insufficient to do justice to our epic journey. So I shall tell you the story through the universal language of music." Play dat flute.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

I considered voting for flute stuff because it would likely impress Naomi, but what I really want is for us to marry her. I do want Naomi to love us - I wouldn't want us to marry her if she didn't - but what's important is that we get permission from her father. (Yeah, we could always elope, but making her live in exile from her home and family isn't fair to her.) She's a princess, so she's either going to get married to seal a political alliance or given as a boon to a guy who impressed the king. We can't make a political alliance because we don't represent a nation, so we will have to settle for being impressive. A warrior king like Tudiya will be most impressed by a warrior, so I want us to become a great warrior!

Whoa dude, slow sown, we just met the girl. This is going to be like Hannah in moments all over again isn't it.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Tomn posted:

Voting C: Thank him for getting the equipment ready, but suggest that if he gets to the walls, he can WATCH heroes, but if he defends the palace and the women, he gets to BE a hero. Heroes do what is necessary, and with almost everyone else gone, there's only a small handful left to defend the palace and the women. What if a rampaging minotaur should happen to make its way inside the palace? The Mighty Men will win, of course, but before they win a cowardly or lucky monster might make its way through while everyone is distracted, and what happens then? Hint, too, that with fewer of us in the palace, we'd see greater glory in the event of adventure than we would in the middle of a massive mob. Be sure to point out, though, that even if nothing happens while we're defending the palace, we'd have done the right thing - heroes need to be just as well as brave, and must be sure to protect innocents. With Tudiya and the Mighty Men gone, that task falls to us, and what kind of heroes would we be if we left the helpless behind for our own fun? Remind him, too, that there will be more such attacks - and next time, we'll be ready to take them on ourselves.

Why are we trying to convince Danal of all this instead of joining in? Because damnit, we didn't vote to take the Chair back and defend it just to run right back into the bloody fight!

Seconding this.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

A) We can permit ourselves one small exhaltation.

C) Little brother it is time you learned a lesson about something called Honour. Any coward can chase down a broken enemy and stab them in the back, a true hero fights in the vanguard or nowhere at all. A man of honour faces his enemy in the field of glory and lets El decide the victor. And if it is not your day to die you do not take trophies, you do not strut. You clean your sword, tend your wounds, give thanks to El for your fortune and return home to your family. This is Honour, this is what it is to be a hero. And if you ever want to be a hero; look to the example of your father, not to these urchins, scrabbling to claim the flesh of foes slain by better men. Being a Hero will take practice, let us practice together.

D) Spar with Danal on the roof, in a way that would be awesome if it were set to the kind of montage music that does not yet exist in ancient not-mesopotamia.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Jewcoon posted:

Ahhh gently caress it. Eat the heart SmashmouthEnkidel.

Smish muff eat the hearts!

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

"You seem to have such a fondness for smashing your head up, are you sure you don't wish to master that, Boy?" he says with a laugh. "I have no fondness to teach men to make war, if you are not happy with the Temple however, I've a friend or two who might train you."

"I am happy with the temple, but a wise man must learn at many schools. I would appreciate you introducing me to any master willing to teach me, whether his chosen art be one of war or one of peace.

Are any of these friends of yours, who might train me, here in the tavern? What can you tell me about them?"

also, i vote: Drink the eggs!

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at Sep 19, 2013 around 21:16

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

1: C
2: B
3: A:1, C:1, F:2
4: D, I think that the reason that tudiyah hasn't married off naomi yet is that he is secretly hoping that we'll muster up the stones to ask him for her hand. Even if it proves impossible for whatever reason I'm pretty sure that we'll still earn his respect.

Maybe reach a compromise on him holding off until we prove our worth or she decides she wants to marry someone else.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Ask Aggers: Have men ever been known to use two swords? One in each hand?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

1: D
2: K

also tell snarls to take care of danal

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

story time!, also give the message to mum.

Don't ask the marriage question, but tell tudiya that we have something that we wish to discuss with him as one man to another and that we will need some time alone with him upon our return.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Ask Tudiya: if, while in the wilderness, we see some kind of danger approaching zepath, are we permitted to return in order to warn the city?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Voting no on telling him about/ giving away our sandals.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

maxhush posted:

If we'd stayed in Athar we'd be spearfighting the other kids(you know, those ones that excluded and probably made fun of us 24/7) on a floating canoe to the death for our manhood ritual- Way cooler than walking around being bipolar about whether shoes that let us walk good give us an unfair advantage in a literal monster infested wilderness. And probably closer to an actual nerd fantasy too

Although I suppose we would have ended up arguing about how Og wants his first human steak prepared.

Yeah, hitting some tent dwelling savage with a pointy stick is way cooler than training to be King Superman's recon sniper.

Look at our attributes, we've got awesome eyesight and hearing, well on our way to mastering the best long range weapon of our era, we're about to learn wilderness survival (and camouflage if we don't want to be eaten by monsters) we even have our awesome dog to spot for us.

So snail collecting cannibal vs Iron age sniper with world's smartest dog and future king best bud. Yeah, I regret leaving too.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Has the man in the brown robe got a van? If he does we should definitely get in the van! In any case, Approach

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Remove the hood, have a rock ready for head bashing if this situation goes south on us, but don't use it unless we have to.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Give the man water, carry him with us, take the knife and the gourd.

I suggest we make for the treeline, walking without rest. By marching without sleep we can cut our journey time from 3 days to a day and a half. Once we reach the woods we can stock up on food and water and rest up.

If the man perishes on the way we can bury him in accordance with tradition, at least we tried, but if we can get through this whole thing with him alive we've got a dude that owes us a life debt. and think how proud tudiya will be of us for surviving the trial with such a handicap, truly the stuff heroes are made of.

Just a tip for general survival, the nights are cold, we want to keep moving to stay warm. The days are hot, the less movement the better. We should move at night and sleep during the day. After our all or nothing march to the treeline that is.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

In order for a contract to exist there must be offer, acceptance, consideration, and intent to create legal relations. There was certainly no intent on our part to create legal relations when we stumbled across this guy, whatever he may be able to argue on the other points. If there's no contract then neither of us owes the other anything.

He claims that this is his land but there is no boundary marking it as such, does he have any legal documents to back up the contention that the land is his? (if he doesn't then say the following) "I Enkidu of Zepath, being sound of mind and body, and in the presence of witnesses do claim this land in the name of His royal majesty King Tudiya of Zepath, for the glory of El, our lord and master. In accordance with the universal law of finders keepers I name this land Enkidustan. El be praised." All this dude has is his own authority, and he never really officially staked a claim. We can invoke royal authority, which is itself derived from divine authority.

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at Sep 29, 2013 around 17:21

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

C later douchebag.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

Ask azzhole: Have you ever met Asherah?

Also new plan: Azzhole can always take snarls from us, he could kill us whenever he likes we can however there is one thing that he will never be able to take from us by force, our respect.

"Azarel, you have me at your mercy, you are a being of incredible power whereas I am a mere mortal, you could kill me now and take snarls from me and there is not a thing I could do about it. But you cannot take my free will, if you kill or watch me starve or die of thirst you will never have my respect. You have great powers without a doubt, but I do not think that you gained these powers yourself but by accident of fate, you are as you always were.

Great power is nothing if squandered on simple trickery, and from what I have seen so far, you use your powers for nothing more than tormenting any mortal unfortunate enough to cross your path. The humble ant plays some part in building it's nest, it carries leaves to feed its young, it leaves a better world for future generations than when it was born, in its meagre life this ant has made a far greater contribution to creation than you have in your eternity. You are the poo poo of the world Azzarel and not worthy of the respect of an ant, let alone mine. You can kill me now and carry on for the rest of time knowing that what I say is true...

Or you could prove me wrong. This is the bargain I suggest, you allow me and snarls to carry on through our trial without either assisting or hindering us, you will transport us to the point where we would have been had we not met you, fair compensation for the time we have wasted here. In return you have my attention; through the month you tell me of any great works you have achieved, without falsehood or embellishment, if you tell me something that changes my mind about you by the end of the month you shall have my humble apology for the insults I threw at you just now, but more importantly you will have my respect."

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

D, but tell snarls to wake us at sunset so we can continue our journey. Moving at night is the way to survive in the desert.

Now would also be a good time to plan an itinerary for when we get to the forest.

- Find a large enough source of water to sustain us, we will position our base camp near to this place.

- Forage some fruit to sustain us in the short term.

- Look for useful raw materials, stone for starting fires and crafting rudimentary tools. Large sticks for making spears, pointed for rabbits and the like, barbed for fish. Vines for making rope, always useful.

- Once we've caught a few rabbits we can use the skins to store water, if we manage to kill anything bigger we can fashion some sort of rudimentary cloak to insulate us if we go anywhere particularly cold.

- Go mobile. After a few days at base camp making/gathering tools and supplies we should head out and roam the land looking for our offering.

Got an offering suggestion as well Can we see any mountains within reasonable walking distance (4 days or so) if the answer to this question is yes we could scale the mountain, hammer off a chunk of the summit and carve some epic poem/story into it. The tip of a mountain with some random writing on it is a far more impressive offering than just some rock with some random writing on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

no piss that is all.

«32 »