Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
edit: also missed voting closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

O and Yes (keep not votes).

When we climb the tree let's not make a blunder and have our only friend fall and skewer himself on our spear.

Maybe stab the spear into the bark near an area we plan on resting while also being easy to retrieve. Then get our BFF up and safe and finaly ourselves. Once we all are there we can retrieve the spear and then spin him a yarn about spear techniques or whatever we can translate. Just got to keep him calm and interested so he does not fidget and fall.

Hopefully we can spot that big fire. And not get our mother and god-king mad for our secret adventure.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I wish there was a choice for spending time evenly between everyone.

We have limited exposure to some of these NPCs and our language skills are small. Seems like we could test the waters with each NPC to see how they respond before we dive in and spend the better part of a moth hanging around them.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I was a bit concerned when we asked to get on the old man's shoulders and he declined saying he is not a donkey. We had the king's son our our shoulders right then, making us a donkey in his eyes. I know we are a crazy naked savage of only 11 years old but we are not getting any respect. It might be from our choices to stay naked and to become a donkey but we had our reasons, let us show them we are someone who demands respect.

I don't know if displaying sudden magic would be wise since a savage donkey who casts lightning would more than likely be put down at the first opportunity instead of being reveared. Using our shark's tooth would have some personal significance and it's quite sharb but we would need to be especially close and it would continue the savage thing.

A, M as per SerSpook. But I would lean more toward standing in front of our friend instead of our mom. We can call her over, she understands our voice well and she is an adult, even if in the moment we use our old tounge she can understand our words and she is mature enough and lived a hard knock life and can actually execute such a demand. Where our 5-year old friend is probably making GBS threads himself. Think of a kid who loves dinosaurs but when he goes to dinosaur-world(tm) and sees the animatronic Trex he starts to cry.

I would say protecting the king's son and the woman this expedition was all about while looking calm and controlled would earn respect. It might even change their mind about making us a fisherman.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

It's hard to play this as an Atheist since we literally had the choice to be a heavenly being at the start. We know they exist as an omnipotent consciousness for our character. I find myself wanting to disbelieve in any of the gods and do things without them but then I realise that they literally have proof that some of these stories are not just stories.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Raserys posted:

I'm gonna go with elaborate that we heard the voices after getting our first haircut and getting the Asherah punched out of us.

I will vote A and the above is good too.

I also want to mention that we did see that scary face. The king is asking for more details on crazy poo poo we have seen and might be pulling at straws to probe our memory of important signs. That face seems quite important and he seems like the type of badass that needs to know about that thing.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Raserys posted:

No, that was all Enkidel. Left it as an exchange for the magic flute.
No, he meant this:

Diogines posted:

Tudiya waves happily to his cheering people as he walks down the street, you and the rest of the band behind him. Keza brings him the basket of pearls, the pearls you collected for many years as a gift to Jalitha, for she found them beautiful and they seemed to make her happy. The same pearls that she took and gave to Tudiya when he approached the village. He now throws handful of the pearls to the crowds of people as he passes, they cheer and catch them.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I thought "it" was refering to the chair. As in do not leave the chair behind as you go home, and don't go to the battle.

The chair must be more important that it seems. He really wants us to take it home, away from these merchants and possible invading monsters.

Maybe once we get it home we should sit on it real quick? Not going to linger on it with poo poo going down, just a quick test to be sure it still works after the trip. If it has fancy magical properties maybe our butt will be able to sit without getting sore to match our sandals.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

You guys are always talking of adventure or teaching our prince friend of the honorable path. Then you go with the second-most dishonorable decision. Dirty fighting.

C: Challenge.

We are full of adrenaline, have seen horrible things and have the will to stop 'angles' and 'demons' in our minds from taking hold. This kid is bigger but he is some spoiled poo poo from a middle class life, he was just knocked to the ground and he would have a lot more pressure (choke) to win a challenge.

We have watched mighty men battle and soldiers spar while this prick just bullies. I like our chances, despite needing another year to guarantee our physique also is superior.

If we do lose then we learn a LOT about fighting, which is also what we have wanted for a while now anyway. The beating for a lost challenge might be worse but the beating we can take was not really the concern. Hard knock life etc. This also brings a bit of honor to our name. We will be the cannibal that issued a challenge and obeyed the honorable laws. If for whatever reason they break any social norm then it falls on them.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I am a bit worried that he will be able to decline our challenge because we are a slave. Then I guess breaking his nose and insults on his name and family would be the way to go. Cuz we got nothing left if "C" fails.

Question for Diogines:

Have we ever seen marketplace trials that involve children and the law? Slave children and the law? How does the age affect their punishment?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Diogines posted:

No. Children are handled by their fathers and rarely commit crimes that actually need to be brought to the King.

Based on this I think we are safe to challenge this chump.

So far our nature has amused the Mighty Men and the King and the only thing that upset him was acting like a slave. We were following his order into glory while protecting and teaching his son about honor (wounded men and tactics), seems like things he can't get TOO upset at us. Especially if we are all knightly about it.

edit: but yeah, if they have some loophole where they are allowed to disregard our challange then headbut/spit/insult best we can.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Glad to see being a badass is acceptable.

I had a feeling that we would lose based on Dio's descriptions leading up to the event but I knew it was the right thing to to, and we have another cool concussion dream!

SerSpook posted:

It does not seem that Danal is too upset about not getting a horn, and Paebel's father is now a free man. I am content with this result and, though we lost the fight, we are not seriously injured. This will further reinforce that something truly bizarre happened.

Bring him. He is like a brother to us, and we should not hide such things from him. Though he is young and often foolish, he will not act out of malice. He may be able to corroborate our injuries being gone if it was thought we would be much more injured than we are.

I trust Ishamal's friends, yes, but they do not need to know every little thing about us. This is a time for seriousness and, in addition to this, if Ishamal feels Danal should not be present, they can watch him. Perhaps he will learn some interesting swears?

I want to ask Ishamal if he knows the name Mereniel.

I want to explain to Ishamal what we saw as we went unconscious, as well as what we saw two years prior. Include the white voice on black text as well.

SerSpook posted:

I'd also like ask Ishamal if he has any left over beef from the minotaurs.

Voting this

and a freeform question when we were awoken and Danal is at our bedside:

"How come I don't hurt? Did someone use magic on me to heal me?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Question to ourselves!(the thread)

Should we tell him about the structure in the woods? About our two artifacts?

Our sandals are literally on a banner of the city, and we want to play this drat flute. Maybe the star sigil is the mark of the skygiant who made these artifacts, and thus he would know much more about heir nature.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

We should stop keeping secrets and share what we know.

SerSpook posted:

But I'd like to add on that we wish to know this so that we might one day kill him or free people from beings such as him.

This.

edit:
Ishamal is basically all we could ever want in life. He is an old wizard who goes on adventures, parties with his bros and mentors the king/sits in for him. He is also middle of the road between the two powerful faiths in the city, Ishamal is the embodiment of everything we have attempted in this game life.

We should tell him everything. If we can't trust him then we can't trust ourselves.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 20, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I wonder how realistic this adventure will become. I don't think we have been too specific with keeping the physics and other elements ultra strict.

A thing to consider, Native Americans were using bows for quite some time without fancy metalwork or high quality arrows.

I agree that the min/max-er inside woud feel crappy choosing the bow knowing we had a chance to get a magical one earlier in the story, especially since we have not done much of value with our flute choice.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Good thing we got our sandals :haw:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Can't we pick Snarles and then tell him to grab the bow/arrow in his mouth?

Our rule was to pick one. Snarles gets to pick whatever he wants
:goonsay:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

This is not easy...

Diog, have we ever known any youths who did not return? That kid we punched in the face was not quite 16 when we punded him. Any info on his trip?

Any info if the kids become men of a specific caliber when they return? A true man versus a weakling (failed a challenge?) A job perhaps? Some were worried we would be picking our fate with the one item. Be a shame if we pick our dog and become a dog breeder.

I get that it will be long, and tough and overall a test, but I don't know if we will actually be in danger. I just don't know.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

We will be barefoot. Think he has some spare sandals for us? We can't use his, since they would be like Krusty the Clown's shoes on us.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Am I the only one who thinks the king really copped out on that offering? He came back with nothing. Kinda lame.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

That might need a minivote.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Ask Tudiya if mighty men have ever gone to war versus another.

We know cities fight sometimes and other cities have mighty men. That seems like it would be quite the sight.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Let us think deeply about this guys.

Ok, I googled it.

http://news.discovery.com/adventure/survival/desert-survival-8-simple-tips-that-could-save-your-life.htm

quote:

Here are 8 simple tips for surviving in the desert:

1. Keep a lid on it
*If the top of your head is exposed to the direct sun, or even indirect sun for long periods, your body needs to work hard to keep itself cool, so the first rule in desert travel is covering up. If you’re caught without a hat, use another article of clothing to wrap your head in, or if your skills are up to it, fashion a ‘hat’ out of appropriate materials at hand.

2. Get under cover
*Finding shade or constructing a shade shelter is one of the first priorities for desert survival, as keeping out of the direct sun and not exerting yourself in the heat of the day will help to conserve water. The immediate need will be for some temporary shade, and then when the sun starts to go down, you can construct a better shelter.

3. Don’t drink the water
*Actually, do drink the water, if you have it. Just don’t guzzle it all at the first sign of thirst. Assess your dehydration by the color of your urine – if it’s light-colored, you’re probably OK, but if it it’s dark, you need to drink some water. If you do come across water in the desert, use extreme caution before you start gulping it down – it may not be potable, and if it’s contaminated, you’ll squander what meager water your body has stored the first time you vomit or have diarrhea.

4. Stay hungry
The more you eat, the thirstier you’ll get, so if you have food with you, take care to only nibble enough to keep the hunger pains away and your energy up. (I think we will be fine here, based on past experiences)

5. Keep your cool
Panic is one of the most dangerous parts of any survival situation, so if you’re able to calmly assess your predicament and work out your next steps, you’ll be able to head off a wild rush to get out of wherever you are (and possibly into a much worse situation).

6. Make your mark
*Before moving, take a sighting on a distant object in the direction you’re traveling, and use that landmark to keep you on track. Leave small rock cairns or arrows on the ground at intervals*

7. Keep your mouth shut
*Move slowly, try not to break a sweat, and keep your mouth closed to slow the rate of dehydration from your breathing. Covering your mouth with a bandanna or a piece of clothing will also help to slow the water loss.

8. Hunker down
*Shelter and warmth will go a long way toward keeping your energy and spirits up in the desert wilderness, so finding a cozy spot to hunker down before it gets cold is almost as important as finding a shady spot during the day.

So I vote we go Cornholio and find a temporary shelter.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 27, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I don't mind asking Snarls if he wants this (I wouldn't want him acting like Adam Jensen :v:) but I think we should have asked him first before we brought him as our only item minus the clothes (and 'magic' sandals) on our backs.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Well that just happened...

"I am sorry, I am from another culture who was obscured from the truth of El and his world of truths for many years. Only recently have I been converted but the teachings have been slow. I am on a quest to prove my devotion to El that I began not one hour ago. Since you can feel my affection for my dog I am sure you can feel the truth in my words and in my heart.

If this is supposed to be some kind of transaction for a good or service you will provide I decline the offer. I am here to prove my worth as a man and my devotion to El. Though great power or great artefacts would aid my life it would be contradictory to my code as a man to trade the life of a loved one, even if it resulted in being better equipped to defend other loved ones. I can not make that decision.

If it would be alright with you, I would like to decline your offer and continue my test of manhood with only my abilities and my faith in El."

(do you want to come home with me in a month? I bet you would really like it there, lots of goats! :v:)

edit: oh, you guys figured it out. Ok, I will remove that first part, about me having no idea which moon-name belongs to this guy.

edit 2: gently caress it. I think we know enough of merchant law from watching our version of the people's court. I think we can play aggressive and haggle the way Sogol said.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 28, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I agree with others that the words are probably not floating out of his mouth in impact bold 3D font. I understood it as a feeling of heft to his words. Something obviously divine or supernatural about the speech.

But sure, touch the words. I have a feeling we will just look like a weirdo pawing at open air.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Sep 29, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Seems like we have been given a few tools to use here. We know of a place that he knows nothing of, but he knows the sandals that were there. We should ask him about Xuriel[sic?].

We also know about our super grandpa buddy and his whereabouts, something that he wants to know. This is a bargaining chip at the least, though I am weary about telling him where he is, maybe he is in some kind of supernatural witness protection program, though Azzhole did not press too hard when we first mentioned we knew him. He does not get many visitors anymore and this should interest him or at the least entertain him.

Also, I vote for plan i: Sogol

mini vote I might as well go N: Sogol as well.

We should ask him if he knows about a flute a mortal can play in private but not in public. He knows about the sandal but not the location it was kept (hidden?) and might know about the flute too.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 29, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Diogines posted:

You hear Azzazel turn to one of his drink serving monkeys and say "Ooooh I hope the Creature is alright, everything will work out for the best in the end I mean... it has to, right?"

Question: How does our new world look at situations like this? Is drinking dog piss a taboo? Refusing a comparable Nazi officer you find on the field who is asking for some SmartwaterTM is a horrendous act, I wonder how being parched and having a dog with a lot of piss would be seen.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 6, 2013

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Dio: How big are these beasts? How big are they compared to Snarls?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I wonder if one of the spikes would make a decent tip for a spear to fish with.

Diogines: With our knowledge of fishing spears how would one or two of these spikes do as a tip instead of sharpened wood? If bound to the front of a stick kinda like one of these:

Second question, how many spikes do we have again? Would we have enough to make both our board with a nail in it and a spear?

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

the_steve posted:

C - Sheer force of will/authority. This Vayahi WILL Or because we El-damned told it to.

My theory: I think it works for Tudiya, not only because of his bloodline, but because he knows it will work.
He ostensibly spent his whole childhood being told "Here is a list of cool poo poo that you can do because of your bloodline. It will happen because fire knows to show some respect to you."

Basically, he speaks with El-given authority that he KNOWS he has. Whether he was actually given that authority or not doesn't matter, he KNOWS he was and there is not a single iota of doubt in his mind, so he's able to out-will it.

We, on the other hand, are riddled with doubt and the belief that what we're trying is stupid, even as we continue to do it in the hopes that we CAN do it.

Sure. This

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I think luring it onto the sacrifice altar and they quickly saying a prayer of offering and toss the torch at it like a divine poke'ball would be a hilarious way to outwit this horror and watch it disintegrate instantly.

But that would be an all or nothing experiment to see if it works.

I do not think we should do it.

Mini Vote quickly look at it to judge its speed and size.

It seems far enough away we can pause a second.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Its arms have reached the treeline and have begun tossing trees. We do not know if its body is actually overtaking the land in a meningful way. This thing is just that big that its arm span is moindbogingly long and its strength is as well.

I vote to change direction and go at snarles' pace. I think it would be wise to go less obtuse with our angle. If we are pointing forward I don't want to turn a full 90deg left or right. I would rather turn 60(ish)deg. Still change our location but also gain a bit of total distance. We still need to get out of its range. But weaving is always a good idea when trying to avoid a barrage poorly aimed though a treeline.

*QUESTION TO ALL OF US*

We have high quality vision and hearing. Should we try to anticipate where these pieces of timber are going to land and move more strategically? We have spent a lot of time practicing with wooden projectiles of our own, though obviously these are of a whole other spectrum, we should have an idea of parabolic projectile patters and how to take gravity and speed into account. It might cost us a bit of time but would be arguably safer.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

If we can get to that obelisk again I bet the Zepa answering machine would not like the Mr tentacle man entering his domain.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I would like a goat-bow that shoots magical (unlimited supply) arrows. Maybe make it wonkey and crazy like Azz himself and let the arrows turn other beasts and monsters into goats or something. He has to like a plan that uses a goat to make more goats, that would rule. If he does not go for this plan maybe find a way to get a consolation prize? Our club back? A different weapon? Having one would make the trip that much easier.

Azz mentioned that people of Zepath would think he is controlling us if we had a note from him. So we might not be able to really even talk about his aid, of whatever flavor we accept, openly.

His words to Ishmael are still cryptic and we should inform/warn him.

As much as I want to make Snarls happy and teleport home and give our mommy a big :glomp: I sadly (sadly) think we should walk this off with Snarls all the way home. Even though more monsters and hardships await. Teleporting our dog home or even a message would inform many of our dealings with Azz and the :tinfoil: will start.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Diogines posted:

quote:

quote:
"Is Snarls smarter than a goat?"
"Goats are EXACTLY as smart as they are supposed to be, thank you very much! Hmph! The nerve!"

This means we have a smart dog. A smart dog who is smarter than he is supposed to be. He is not a normal dog. He is something more.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Diogines posted:

The thirteen foot fall, four winged giant dressed in a garment made of gold, silver and precious gems shrugs slightly "I don't know Creature, I am sure something will come up."

"Lets just say its a poor idea and leave it at that, alright Creature?"

Was this a typo or has he stopped referring to us as the more neutral pronoun, 'Mammal' and gone back to the condescending pronoun, 'Creature'?

edit> Maybe I got things backwards... They both sound silly to me. Sorry if I am going in circles.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Ralith posted:

The greatest chance of getting Snarls out of this alive would have been telling him to run home as soon as we realized what was up.

But now we have bonded with him in a way we never could have before. He is an Adventure dog!

That is so like him... so coy. And that is so like us... ballsy as poo poo and ready to drink piss while jerking off a goat.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I'll just put in a vote for NOT j

Just to be sure :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I worry if we let our guard down poo poo will hit the fan. We need to discuss the crazy poo poo with Ishmael. Azz was alright in the end but his message was still criptic. "Enjoy his time while it lasts" or something to that effect. It might be a hint that this "storm" is coming soon and Ishmael might not even survive, based on Azz's words.

I can imagine this poo poo hitting Zepath as everyone is drunk and unguarded, at least talking things out before we party will make sure the big players are ready.