Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Blasphemaster posted:

Popov is actually rather palatable on its own, provided you have it on the rocks to let the flavors open up. $14 for a 1.75L is some cheap drunkenness.

Although I can get the same size Kirkland Blended Scotch for $18 as I'm leaving work, so I'm developing a taste for a simple Scotch and Diet Cola. I just fill a rocks glass about 3/4 of the way with Scotch, top off with Cola. Sip a bit, top off at the halfway point and so on. Kinda feels like the Shot & a Beer method but without the mixing.

Although I should preface that by saying I usually have a very large cup of coffee beforehand (1/2 STRONG coffee 1/2 whole milk).

Holy poo poo I hate you. Cheapest vodka you can get here is $43 for 1.75 litres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

ArbitraryTA posted:

Tall glass
Ice
Angostura bitters
Lime juice
Dark rum
Ginger beer

This is pleasing to the Deathgasm. Def gonna try this.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lies. Snarls is the best dog for us, possibly the best dog to exist.

How dare you.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
IT NEW YEAR

WHAR UPDAT

WHAR

I'm drinking bourbon and watching Moulin Rouge with the lady and the cats. Hope your New Year's is great you buncha nerd bastards.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Diogines posted:

Planning to update on a new years eve was a bad idea, we'll be updating at some point on new years day instead.

Happy New Year everyone!

Also just reiterating that I'm being facetious. Hope you are all having a relaxing holiday.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
H

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
E

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

TK-42-1 posted:

Yes, that is definitely something I can read

You have to click them to follow the link to imgur.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Urians can't eat blood sausage?!? Now that's barbaric.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
F Changed to G in a later vote

Guys it's a puzzle. We need to kill the groundhog. It can't be a real groundhog anyway, this room hasn't been open in who knows how long and there's one lonesome groundhog here. It's not a real animal. The inscription is telling us to kill it to progress.

Mexican Deathgasm fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 7, 2019

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Changing from F to G, just to make it clear to the universe this isn't an offering to another god.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Quietly say "it's alright old friend, I've done the same in the past; in the future, we'll seek consent before we muck about with each other's will. Now let's go show this heathen tower the power of El."

By all the stuff we have learned so far, this isn't ok. He took over our mind and forced us to do something without consent. I mean, I personally couldn't give a poo poo and trust Uriah's judgement, but in character this definitely isn't something we should pass over.

don't contact ishy, we are a big boy and can handle this.

Mexican Deathgasm fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 8, 2019

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
If we are totally non-chalant, there's nothing to stop Uriah from believing that we would think it's no big deal to do the same to him.

We need to acknowledge the mistake in a kind manner.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
D

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Oh good, we voted to do nothing. Maybe next we can vote to take a nap.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
D

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

the_steve posted:

C
Jesus Christ, goons. If Diog ever puts in a puzzle where we have to figure out whether the square peg goes in the square, round, or triangle shaped hole, we are doomed.

This is more corrent

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I found a video of the rodent we killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vZ-T6gPpA

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
remove our clothing, twist and knot it into ropes, use our crazy good coordination to lasso our stuff, retrieve the sacrificial oil

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Can we try saliva as lube?

Serious question. Maybe we can freeze it with our mind powers to add extra slipperiness?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
D, so that the angel mafia can immediately confiscate them.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
since there is an indentation as wide as the metal sheets in each of the tubes, try pressing, poking, and just generally fiddling with metal sheets in combination with the tubes.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
A 148

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Once upon a midnight dreary
while we lumbered, weak and weary
Through a broken landscape of Mesopotamian yore-
While I sprinted, never crapping, suddenly there came a yapping,
As of someone gently yapping, yapping like a holy whore.
"Tis some Melachim,' I muttered, "yapping like a holy whore. Only Jael, and nothing more."

I tried to write another verse but realized I should be doing things in the real world and not making rhymes about musclewizards.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Volmarias posted:

Replace whore with bore

Sorry

Goddammit you're totally right

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Volmarias posted:

Eat a telescope

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Y

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

This post is good and you should feel good. It exactly expresses my frustrations with the game in a way that I haven't been able to, especially the parts about paternalism and condescension.

The only thing I would add is that this game is not a simulation. Computers powerful enough to simulate all of Ur don't exist, let alone one guy. 99% of the story is made up arbitrarily based on the 1% that's pre- determinable. One of the frustrations I have is when the other posters get angry at a decision that was made as if Ur was real and the thread did something dumb, instead of Diog just saying "nah, I don't think that will work."

And I have no problem with Diog arbitrarily determining outcomes because it leads to great writing, but that means there are no right and wrong choices.. In a video game, the rules and physics of the world are entirely predetermined so you can rightly blame yourself if you gently caress up. This CYOA is a story with parameters that vary widely from one post to the next because a human being can't simulate a universe. We should be voting for options that sound the most fun because whether an action is successful or not is 100% determined by your ability to predict Diog's reaction to it. Instead of trying to vote "correctly", we should be voting for whatever sounds fun at the time.

The self-righteous responses after events like Breathgate are astonishing. People acted like it was an issue of decision making instead of miscommunication. I'm suspicious that the same people think the WWE is real.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Definitely Neutral Good.

Enki obeys laws when it suits him, and is only anti-authorotarian compared to the tradition robots that make up most of the Urian population. He also regularly puts the welfare of others ahead of his own and genuinely want to help.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
L

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
A, then sacrifice it to El.

If it communicates with us it will be bound by the same convenient secrecy as literally everything else we've talked to, or it's language won't quite be understandable, or it will run away, etc.

Just kill it and get powerups from El.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Touch the name

Also jack it because that's silly

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
How many updates until we do something instead of considering the exact same thing?

I vote for whatever it takes to stop doing nothing.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
FF

a relic that isn't usable by Issachar/blooded men but that might be usable by a half-melachim

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Random thought: maybe as to the whole "don't interfere in the matters of Kings", couldn't we make the argument to the PtB that many of the current rulers of the cities aren't actually Kings? Kings lead their people in the ways of El and help them prosper. The pretenders that rule the donut have spurned the ways of El to make war and weaken Ur in the face of threats from our enemies. Wouldn't it be the right thing to do to liberate these cities, install very Blooded, righteous men as their Kings and have them reproduce like rabbits to bolster the strength of Ur?

If we could unify Ur against our common enemies then sharing secrets like how to forge better wouldn't be a problem because we wouldn't have to worry about the donut misusing them. The inability to take out all the greedy assholes poisoning Ur is a serious liability.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Volmarias posted:

I'm sure that the PtB, nitpickers and sticklers for human free will regardless of consequence, will definitely change their minds once they hear this totally novel approach.

Whatever, it's worth trying. As likely to work as anything else with them.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
J

Ruth lived a good life.

It is absolutely hilarious that people are voting F. A grad student is going to write a thesis on some of the voters in this thread someday.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Alright F voters, time to fart in a bag and put it over your head.

I was cool with either E or J, or a few of the other options as long as it resulted in an actual boon instead of some authorial jackenapes.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Hide the hammer in our clothes and go to the local church. Let the hammer give a sponateous sermon while flapping our lips like we have bad dubbing. Give no explanation and leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Yeah the previous vote with all of its tension was a hilarious waste of time and fake buildup. I mean, if there's a question with a vote, recount the vote? It's not rocket surgery and doesn't need some dramatic vague explanation.

But whatever, a hammer is better than literally voting for self-flagellation, it'd just be nice if there wasn't a long fake vote involved.